Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ellaism: Ethereum network with no premine and no contentious hard forks  (Read 118831 times)
theMiro

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:00:30 PM

Things are developing as I see, good job guys. Hope to see this coin on big exchanges soon

▬▬▬▬▬  V I S O || MODERN CRYPTOCURRENCY PAYMENT SYSTEM  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █        Download WHITEPAPER     Download ONE PAGER        █ █
▬▬▬▬▬      Telegram    ●    Youtube    ●    Slack      ▬▬▬▬▬
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krinjah

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:03:36 PM

I'm not experienced in technical aspects but mabe someone knows.

Is there a way to create a dapp serving as a faucet? Donations will be sent to it by community members so that newcomers can receive a small airdrop of ELLA just to play with and to join the community.

Is is technically possible?

Yes it's possible. What's your objective here? You want to create a smart contract that distributes ella with the received donations?
Yes, sort of a classic crypto-faucet. User just fills in his ELLA address and gets a small amount of ELLA to his wallet. Same ELLA address and IP can repeat the same operation in, let' say, 60 min, etc.

Faucet wallet can be credited by any amount of donation from anyone using ELLA.
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:03:54 PM

We now have a Chrome Extension wallet. Note that all code run by this wallet is loaded locally and your private information or keys never touch the Internet. So it's as safe as a desktop wallet (and arguably safer because it runs inside Chrome's restricted sandbox). Always remember to backup your wallet files!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/myellawallet/bgfofdgebpphdhddggaggeafenegbjef

Good work I'm definitely buying in looks strong and I bet it will take off in no time! I like the idea behind the project and the fact you just released a chrome extension wallet shows me your serious at least to some degree about the project. With no pre-mine thats just icing on the cake as far as worrying about any kind of dumping happening besides whales that are just bag holding. Definitely needs more exchanges though like coinexchange and a DEX one would be nice like crypto-bridge; I would say cryptopia but they are really expensive to get listed 40k I believe so theres definitely easier places to get a coin like this listed without having to drop 40k on an exchange that only does approx a few million in volume.

Juudai

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:09:04 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 06:48:30 PM by Juudai

Is there a way to create a dapp serving as a faucet? Donations will be sent to it by community members so that newcomers can receive a small airdrop of ELLA just to play with and to join the community.

Yes it's possible. What's your objective here? You want to create a smart contract that distributes ella with the received donations?
Yes, sort of a classic crypto-faucet. User just fills in his ELLA address and gets a small amount of ELLA to his wallet. Same ELLA address and IP can repeat the same operation in, let' say, 60 min, etc.

Yes this can be done and shouldn't take very long. Obviously this can't be 100% decentralized as you need to process user input (to avoid duplicates and filter repeating ip's and ella addresses).

The process goes something like this: User enters address -> server processes the information -> if user is legit ask the contract to send X amount of ella to the user -> contract sends the amount of ella to the recipient -> update front end

The only "decentralized" aspect of this project would be that the Ella would be stored on the contract address visible to everybody and only the owner (faucet) could request transactions (or the contract itself). A foot note to this, this doesn't make it decentralized as a central party (the faucet owner) can potentially keep all the ella from the donations since he is the only one with authorization to make transactions.

If you want to make this truly decentralized (contract + html + web3) you're prone to having some malicious user drain your wallet by using proxies and generating thousands of ella addresses, since you can't sanitize the requests which makes it not viable in my humble opinion.

Good work I'm definitely buying in looks strong and I bet it will take off in no time! I like the idea behind the project and the fact you just released a chrome extension wallet shows me your serious at least to some degree about the project. With no pre-mine thats just icing on the cake as far as worrying about any kind of dumping happening besides whales that are just bag holding. Definitely needs more exchanges though like coinexchange and a DEX one would be nice like crypto-bridge; I would say cryptopia but they are really expensive to get listed 40k I believe so theres definitely easier places to get a coin like this listed without having to drop 40k on an exchange that only does approx a few million in volume.

Paying to get listed in an exchange just reeks of pump and dump and as an exit scam for premined coins. If the Ella project proves to be something beyond a spineless shitcoin the exchanges will list it by themselves. It's up to the community to make Ella into something that stands out.
eggsandspamm

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:01:58 PM

We now have a Chrome Extension wallet. Note that all code run by this wallet is loaded locally and your private information or keys never touch the Internet. So it's as safe as a desktop wallet (and arguably safer because it runs inside Chrome's restricted sandbox). Always remember to backup your wallet files!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/myellawallet/bgfofdgebpphdhddggaggeafenegbjef

I think somewhere like coinsmarkets.com is starting to heat up.
scribdsvelte

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:48:11 PM

Need Spanish translation?
DottzPG

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:52:59 PM

Hi

Can i have a full link tutorial of how i can cash out my ellaism coins from the wallet? because is first time ussing this and i have no ideea to be honest.

Thanks and regards.
eggsandspamm

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:01:33 PM

Hi

Can i have a full link tutorial of how i can cash out my ellaism coins from the wallet? because is first time ussing this and i have no ideea to be honest.

Thanks and regards.

Hey if you join the discord anybody would be willing to help!  Smiley
eggsandspamm

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:09:28 PM

Oh sorry I forgot to post the link: https://discord.gg/66Pn9jn
tinchopf

Activity: 157

ARweY484XkBSRCaPMATy9PCfrKJkgqWF6T

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:15:38 PM

With the new wallets it's going to be even easier

eggsandspamm

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:22:24 PM

Yeah In discord the wallet dev was saying that the mist wallet was hoping to be bundled today, so awesome. Development here is moving at record speed!
tinchopf

Activity: 157

ARweY484XkBSRCaPMATy9PCfrKJkgqWF6T

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:30:04 PM

Yeah In discord the wallet dev was saying that the mist wallet was hoping to be bundled today, so awesome. Development here is moving at record speed!

That's going to be LEGEN... wait for it.... DARY

krinjah

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:35:24 PM

Yes this can be done and shouldn't take very long. Obviously this can't be 100% decentralized as you need to process user input (to avoid duplicates and filter repeating ip's and ella addresses).

The process goes something like this: User enters address -> server processes the information -> if user is legit ask the contract to send X amount of ella to the user -> contract sends the amount of ella to the recipient -> update front end

The only "decentralized" aspect of this project would be that the Ella would be stored on the contract address visible to everybody and only the owner (faucet) could request transactions (or the contract itself). A foot note to this, this doesn't make it decentralized as a central party (the faucet owner) can potentially keep all the ella from the donations since he is the only one with authorization to make transactions.

If you want to make this truly decentralized (contract + html + web3) you're prone to having some malicious user drain your wallet by using proxies and generating thousands of ella addresses, since you can't sanitize the requests which makes it not viable in my humble opinion.

I'm not a technical guy but hopefully someone some day makes that "ELLA Faucet Dapp" for the newcomers to get a bit of ELLA to play with it and to join the community.

And of course the wallet is more than welcome. Happy to hear it's gonna get live very soon. Cannot wait to test it.
eggsandspamm

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:38:36 PM

I would love to look into starting my DApp development  journey on the ELLA network, maybe I can look at some similar contracts and mess around with it. Where I get lost is building the html gui and having the web server and ella DApp network still interacting. I need to just read up .  Smiley
krinjah

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:45:42 PM

Mining calculator. Does any of ELLA pools have that implemented or not yet?
Juudai

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

I'm not a technical guy but hopefully someone some day makes that "ELLA Faucet Dapp" for the newcomers to get a bit of ELLA to play with it and to join the community.

And of course the wallet is more than welcome. Happy to hear it's gonna get live very soon. Cannot wait to test it.

I'm working on your idea right now, I can probably have a working prototype in 24 hours, maybe less if I don't get sidetracked by something irl.
eggsandspamm

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:53:32 PM

Very cool! Again such quick development at Ellaism it’s insane. So many coins you won’t hear a peep for months, we hear from the dev multiple times a day usually with a major update!
ellaismer (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:01:37 PM

As a transparency effort, I'm going to post the ellaism.org traffic stats on r/Ellaism every month to help community members to do marketing. Here's for October: https://www.reddit.com/r/ellaism/comments/7am94i/ellaismorg_october_traffic_stats/

We've had the Cloudflare set up a few days ago. So the graph might not be really useful right now. But the "Top Traffic Origins" list might be something useful for some marketing efforts right now.

Upcoming Ellaism network upgrade on around 3 August, 2018. Please upgrade your nodes! Learn more at https://wiki.ellaism.org/hardfork
eggsandspamm

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:07:59 PM

As a transparency effort, I'm going to post the ellaism.org traffic stats on r/Ellaism every month to help community members to do marketing. Here's for October: https://www.reddit.com/r/ellaism/comments/7am94i/ellaismorg_october_traffic_stats/

We've had the Cloudflare set up a few days ago. So the graph might not be really useful right now. But the "Top Traffic Origins" list might be something useful for some marketing efforts right now.

Wow literally just posted 10 minutes ago about the amount of development updates we get and here you go with another example. Transparency seems to be this devs strong suit I am all about it, not enough of that in crypto either.
onefifth

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:20:47 PM

congrats and thx for sharing site statistics
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: