Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CaVirtex.com Thread  (Read 103298 times)
mootinator

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:00:15 PM

In my case, the double transaction was sent to a 3rd party... so I am fucked.

Sending BTC to a dishonest 3rd party?

No
cavirtex (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

CAVIRTEX | Canadian Virtual Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 07:00:50 PM

In case you haven't seen it, here is an announcement Virtex CEO Joseph David made yesterday (posted here: https://www.cavirtex.com/news):

Verification action plan and status report from CEO Joseph David

Nov. 19 to present we have 1530 people waiting for verifications. In the past four days alone we have verified 268 customers. With 12 staff dedicated full time to verifications as of today, at a target of 10-20 verifications per person, that comes to 120 to 240 people per day. Currently we are working on verifications submitted between Nov. 19 to Nov. 25. With the increased staff our target is to be caught up in two weeks. New verification requests are also coming at around 100 per day. To address this workload I am working on two fronts:

1) Training six new additional human resources TOMORROW
2) Third party verification portals that are FINTRAC compliant for Canadians and that allow you to do your own verification through their API. Applications have been filed and once finalized it will be a matter of days to make live on the site.

I believe in communication and constant update during this busy time, and I will be posting progress reports daily as follows: Total number of verifications outstanding, date range we are working on, number of staff working, verifications completed since last update.

- Virtex CEO Joseph David

About two weeks, Bitcoin hit a tipping point in terms of attention and interest. As a result, we experienced a massive spike in verification requests. This overwhelmed our current staff and resulted in us having to make large scale changes on the fly. Those changes, such as hiring additional staff and implementing new technologies, are currently in progress.

Although we are still not caught up, the entire Virtex team is doing everything in its power to accommodate its customers. Despite these efforts, we realize some people are having trouble getting their needs met. For that, we apologize.

In terms of verification, we have a very rigorous verification process which is required by our banking partners. More importantly, the process helps protect our customers from fraud. We are the oldest Bitcoin exchange in Canada, and during our existence, we have learned from experience what is required to keep our customers safe. We simply cannot afford to take any shortcuts.

As Joseph alluded to, in addition to more staff, we will soon be implementing third party technology that will help speed up the verification process while maintaining customer security. We would have had these measure implemented sooner, except we were turned down by one of the providers of this technology - they didn't want to deal with a bitcoin-related business. This is an all-too-common problem as many of your are aware.

On that note, your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated with respect to verification. If you have a truly urgent matter unrelated to verification status, please email admin@cavirtex.com and we'll investigate as soon as possible.

A note about dormant fees: Please understand that if a customer deposits at Virtex without trading, it costs us time and money to administer and secure that customer's account. First and foremost, Virtex is a bitcoin exchange; we do not have any ambitions to take on the enormous responsibility of being a bitcoin bank. This is why dormant account fees are in effect. When you accept an account with Virtex, you must agree to our Terms of Service and in those terms we clearly state that we do charge a dormant fee.

To sum up, we value all of our customers tremendously, and we will continue to strive to provide a safe, secure and convenient exchange for Canadian citizens and corporations to acquire bitcoin. We know we have to get better, and we are committed to doing so.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding as we experience growing pains. We feel humbled and privileged to be playing a part in something that is truly revolutionary.

CAVIRTEX is Canada's #1 Bitcoin exchange with over 90 million CAD traded in our 3 years of operations. Visit https://www.cavirtex.com.
DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:18:45 PM

In my case, the double transaction was sent to a 3rd party... so I am fucked.

Sending BTC to a dishonest 3rd party?

Doesn't matter who it is. What matters is that my transaction was sent twice to a 3rd party when I only requested it be sent once.

What if it is a coin payment and they refund the amount the the original address (which you can't do on cavirtex) (ATTENTION: When you receive BTC from VirtEx you will see a VirtEx BTC sending address. DO NOT SEND BTC BACK TO THIS ADDRESS! For BTC deposits please go to the Deposit BTC link.)

The point is, this should not happen and I shouldn't have to run after 3rd parties to try to get my money back when the issue comes from CAVirtex. If they want to chase after their faulty transaction, then be my guest.

Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:22:49 PM

A note about dormant fees: Please understand that if a customer deposits at Virtex without trading, it costs us time and money to administer and secure that customer's account. First and foremost, Virtex is a bitcoin exchange; we do not have any ambitions to take on the enormous responsibility of being a bitcoin bank. This is why dormant account fees are in effect. When you accept an account with Virtex, you must agree to our Terms of Service and in those terms we clearly state that we do charge a dormant fee.
The statement that "it costs us time and money to administer and secure" a dormant account is ridiculous. $50/month?

There is a reason why the upcoming prepaid gift card legislation will prevent 'dormancy fees' from being levied; such fees are simply a cash grab that provides no value to customers. If I put $100 into my account, come back 2 years later, I expect that $100 will still be there. If anything, it is CAVIRTEX that should be giving INTEREST for any cash that is tied up in customers' accounts.

I understand that by agreeing to the TOS in order to use the service, we are agreeing to the dormancy fee. It doesn't make it ethically right. It is disappointing to see governments enact legislation to curb this behavior ... they shouldn't have to.
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:02:06 PM

Time to stop with all the fud
Cavirtex has been one of the safest and best exchanges for Canadians around.
There fees may be high but there cost per bitcoins has more than made up for it.
They are here to allow us to buy bitcoins with some sense of security
They have been quite good at communicating problems in comparison to all other exchanges that I have used... which include mt gox and bitstamp...

If your new to bitcoins you will find that there is a great amount of growing pains throughout the system not just with cavirtex

I'm sorry if you got held up and couldn't buy through this rally
But it could just have easily worked out in your favor.

Hopefully this new interest will help the Canadian bitcoin community grow and cavirtex will catch up and not have these problems in the future.

I also think that bitcoin companies will begin to understand that transparency is key in this new worldwide investment..

Thanks for the update joseph

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
miyamoto

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:18:07 PM

Time to stop with all the fud
Cavirtex has been one of the safest and best exchanges for Canadians around.
There fees may be high but there cost per bitcoins has more than made up for it.
They are here to allow us to buy bitcoins with some sense of security
They have been quite good at communicating problems in comparison to all other exchanges that I have used... which include mt gox and bitstamp...

If your new to bitcoins you will find that there is a great amount of growing pains throughout the system not just with cavirtex

I'm sorry if you got held up and couldn't buy through this rally
But it could just have easily worked out in your favor.

Hopefully this new interest will help the Canadian bitcoin community grow and cavirtex will catch up and not have these problems in the future.

I also think that bitcoin companies will begin to understand that transparency is key in this new worldwide investment..

Thanks for the update joseph

Nobody is complaining about not being able to buy, if you bothered to read the comments you'd see the frustration lies in a complete lack of customer service, ie. no answering of phones, no replies to emails, voicemails, support tickets etc.  On top of that, they can't handle technical issues in a timely manner (withdrawls of BTC down?  seriously?) the fees Cavirtex charge are ridiculous to say the least, and new dormant account charges and other charges are just the icing on the cake.  All of these things combined are why people have come here to express their displeasure.  And it took DAYS for Cavirtex to reply in this forum and have still not addressed these concerns.

There is absolutely no excuse for such poor levels of service.  The way Cavirtex has handled this mess is the underlying problem; they just can't scale properly and instead of dealing with the problems head on they turned off their phones and support system and blamed their customers for their problems.

Remember too, I was told the reason they are behind is BECAUSE THEY HAD STAFF ON HOLIDAYS, not because they received too many verification requests. 

This is not something that should be simple swept under the rug. If I owned shares in Cavirtex I'd be deeply concerned with the management and their handling of this situation. 
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:07:06 PM

The fact that exchanges ( not just Virtex ) are being overwhelmed with new signups is a good sign for the Bitcoin economy.

Getting upset over this is almost like complaining about the weather.  Patience and understanding are helpful in dealing with
the storm. 

Don't worry. You won't miss out. 

We are 'all' still early adoptors!   Wink
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:26:46 PM

The fact that exchanges ( not just Virtex ) are being overwhelmed with new signups is a good sign for the Bitcoin economy.

Getting upset over this is almost like complaining about the weather.  Patience and understanding are helpful in dealing with
the storm. 

Don't worry. You won't miss out. 

We are 'all' still early adoptors!   Wink

Someone who gets it

Bitcoins were an obscure tech up until September most of my friends thought I was nuts to be involved and up until recently cavirtex was doing its job very well servicing it's clientele
Then came the masses.
You guys are just gonna have to relax until the infrastructure caches up.
That is also the best reason to wait until you buy some bitcoins because there will probably be a correction in the market while the infrastructure catches up.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
miyamoto

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:53:52 PM

I don't think you are listening.  Many here are not frustrated about not being able to buy coins.  They are frustrated with the way Cavirtex has handled the past few weeks.  As a business owner, I'd never treat customers the way Cavirtex has during all this.

True, Cavirtex perorms their function as an exchange, and all exchanges/businesses have their flaws, but the fact that they do their job (not necessarily an overly good job, but they do what their company is mandated to do) is no reason not to voice your concern when they drop the ball like this.  It's like saying "I've been waiting 4 weeks for my carpenter to finish a job that should have taken 2-3 days, I haven't heard from him, he has a substantial amount of my money, doesn't answer his phone, and has left an arrogant message telling me its my fault he hasn't been able to finish my job and that he is really busy. But its ok because people say he's done a good job before."

Anyway, I think my point has been made.  In fact I never would have resorted to coming here if I didn't feel completely abandoned by Cavirtex in the first place.  Cavirtex, I hope you have learned from all this, and will be a bit more proactive in the future when dealing with major policy changes like this.
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 03:25:42 AM

In case you missed it (from their twitter feed):

https://twitter.com/cavirtex/status/408402436391325696:

Customer service and Verification updates will be posted DAILY at 6:00pm(MST) at https://www.cavirtex.com/news

And from the news page today:

VirtEx News
Dec. 4, 2013, 5:58 p.m. - Verification and Customer Service Update - Dec 4 2013

Total number of verifications outstanding: 1522
Date range we are working on: Nov 19 to Nov 26
Number of staff working: 12 fulltime, 4 part-time
Verifications completed today: 60
Verifications missing info and put into waiting: 47
Outbound Phone Verification calls made: 125
Customer service tickets outstanding: 1,162

Sounds like they are trying (maybe not succeeding well). 

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:25:00 AM

Nobody is complaining about not being able to buy.
Isn't it strange how that's always the case with flaky Bitcoin exchanges. Deposits work fine. Withdrawals, not so much. Mt. Gox is the classic example, but take a look at the topics at the top of this forum today.

BTC-e deposit/withdrawal issues
CampBX is being slow - use caution
BTCE Please RELEASE MY MONEY - Money hold for a long time
Bter.com not allowing BTC withdraw
MtGox withdrawal delays

Even when someone complains about "deposit issues", it's never "I can't transfer money to them", it's always "I transferred money to them and they didn't credit it/put a hold on it/lost it." This is why I don't buy the "banking/government conspiracy" theories - if that were the problem, there would be problems in sending money.

They check in, but they don't check out - Roach Motel ad
nicomekl

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:22:50 AM

Does anyone know what the corporation number of CaVirtex is or what their address is?
acorcos

Activity: 453

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:51:10 PM

Check this out:

http://www.coindesk.com/wagepoint-bitcoin-payroll-service-canada/

Great follow-up to the debit card CaVirtex.

Keep innovating!
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:43:23 PM

Isn't it strange how that's always the case with flaky Bitcoin exchanges. Deposits work fine. Withdrawals, not so much. Mt. Gox is the classic example, but take a look at the topics at the top of this forum today.

MtGox withdrawal delays

Even when someone complains about "deposit issues", it's never "I can't transfer money to them", it's always "I transferred money to them and they didn't credit it/put a hold on it/lost it." This is why I don't buy the "banking/government conspiracy" theories - if that were the problem, there would be problems in sending money.

I have used cavirtex for deposits and withdrawals many times
And have never had a problem.
Seems like most of the complaining is about verification...
We have had months to do this and people are only mad now because they finally got around to it after the price popped over 500...

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
miyamoto

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

MtGox withdrawal delays

I have used cavirtex for deposits and withdrawals many times
And have never had a problem.
Seems like most of the complaining is about verification...
We have had months to do this and people are only mad now because they finally got around to it after the price popped over 500...

Have you been reading the thread?  You don't seem to get it.  What about those of us that are already verified, have been since the beginning, but found out AFTER transferring funds that anything over $5000 needs to be re-verified.  Cavirtex should have been more proactive about this, and notified its existing and loyal customer base of this change to give ample time to be re-verified before this rally.  At the very least, existing customers who needed to be reverified should have been treated with priority. Think about it; those of us depositing larger amounts are being punished, when people sending small amount have their funds cleared with no problems.  Doesn't make much sense, does it?

It is clear you are in some way tied to Cavirtex, and are simply posting here to blow off the issues that they are having.  Web Cavirtex chooses not to answer the phones, emails, or support tickets, forums like these are the only place we can hope to get their attention. 

Like I said in my last post, hopefully they catch up soon, and work hard to prevent utter failures in service like this from happening in the future. 
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:50:36 PM

2 open trades stuck as pending and I couldn't cancel them.

I click refresh, and get:
"Error 521, Web server is down."

Really professional. What are you spending your ridiculous transaction charges on anyway? Certainly not div's...

Home page says: "500 Internal Error."

I been with you since early 2012 and things haven't really been improving...

grrrrrr  Angry

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:35:33 PM

If they were at the pending stage then that means you clicked "confirm" instead "cancel"
when you submitted that trade.  You think you should be allowed to cancel 'after'
you confirm?  lol

If you get so upset and impatient when the action gets hot maybe you should sit on
the sidelines until things calm down.   Wink

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:50:14 PM

If they were at the pending stage then that means you clicked "confirm" instead "cancel"
when you submitted that trade.  You think you should be allowed to cancel 'after'
you confirm?  lol

If you get so upset and impatient when the action gets hot maybe you should sit on

Its not the action thats hot (this is virtex, come on) its the stalling, lagging machine.

And what do you think is causing the stalling, lagging? 

You should follow them on twitter if you want to understand the situation and what they are doing about it...
Or if you would rather stay upset and complain, then carry on.   Wink

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:54:25 PM

you confirm?  lol

Its not the action thats hot (this is virtex, come on) its the stalling, lagging machine.

And what do you think is causing the stalling, lagging? 

You should follow them on twitter if you want to understand the situation and what they are doing about it...
Or if you would rather stay upset and complain, then carry on.   Wink

Nope, just abstain from using them for trade until they sort their shit.  It's not like its the first lagging high volume session ever. This repeats like clockwork. It will get better; but for now... It hasn't.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:57:28 PM

i have been waiting on verification for level 2 since november 9th.....i have been forgotten. Really need this fixed asap guys....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: