Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:38:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32134 times)
clavirda

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:39:18 AM

Personally, I continue to believe in the real benefits and excellent prospects of the ICO market in the future. But at the same time I have to admit that today, about 80% of all ICOs are fraudsters. Therefore, the choice of a suitable project must be treated especially carefully.
kiryamikronov

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:53:55 AM

I try to pay attention to the team, it depends, if I am unable to contact the team or it's fake people, it is definitely a Scam. Even pay attention to the documentation, most scammers just copy the documents of other legal projects. And of course a good website usually scammers don't want to spend money on a quality site.

★★★ Excalibur OS ► 1 XOS = 0.000025 ETH ★★★
https://excaliburos.com/ || Token-Sale : 03.09.2018 - 31.01.2019
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:03:04 AM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

i think still in greay area now, depend which country  Smiley
sleepless

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 07:10:19 AM

Unfortunately, there is no universal advice on choosing an ICO project. ICO ratings of projects should not be trusted, they are sometimes paid. I try to go into those projects that have already collected the minimum required amount. I choose platforms that already have a product that works (real business, etc.).
However, even this does not save more and more from fraud. Now a new type of fraud is widely distributed among ICO teams - the announcement of a KYC audit after the completion of ICO. It is carried out for the purpose of non-payment to us earned tokens and therefore it is very difficult to pass, and sometimes impossible. Therefore, the project will work, we advertised it diligently and in good faith, but we will not see the earned tokens.
Now most of the projects warn of the possible passage of kyc, for bounty hunters and investors. Yes, and the procedure for passing a kyc is easy everywhere and does not require much time.

changxia

Activity: 294

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:10:46 AM

I can't accurately choose the real ICO project, because even the perfect project may disappear! The ICO project has many details to choose from, but I think reading the white paper is the most important step!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 07:15:25 AM

Most of ICO projects became sooner or later scams. At least this happened in 2018.

I recommend you to take into account non-ICO based projects, as here you don't have the risk that the project to vanish as soon as soft or hard capital is reached. (If you are interested in a good non-ICO project, you can have a look at Staker - details in my signature)

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Buntel168

Activity: 854

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 07:18:10 AM

Some ICOs are still legit depending how do you chose to invest in the ICO project. You should careful before investing in ICO, find information about the project, team and the mision of the project will help you to find a great ICO project.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:33:58 PM

Don't generalize problem related to ICO. This system is created as liberal way of collecting money where conditions and terms could be changed. So it makes ICO project very interesting and on the other side they could be fraudulent.
bestcoins1

Activity: 2254
Merit: 726

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:43:15 PM

Unfortunately, there is no universal advice on choosing an ICO project. ICO ratings of projects should not be trusted, they are sometimes paid. I try to go into those projects that have already collected the minimum required amount. I choose platforms that already have a product that works (real business, etc.).
However, even this does not save more and more from fraud. Now a new type of fraud is widely distributed among ICO teams - the announcement of a KYC audit after the completion of ICO. It is carried out for the purpose of non-payment to us earned tokens and therefore it is very difficult to pass, and sometimes impossible. Therefore, the project will work, we advertised it diligently and in good faith, but we will not see the earned tokens.
Now most of the projects warn of the possible passage of kyc, for bounty hunters and investors. Yes, and the procedure for passing a kyc is easy everywhere and does not require much time.
yeah, so that it can be useful for the project itself to avoid cheating by the bounty participants, so it is quite effective to use the KYC system for bounty participants but thus still does not convince the bounty hunter for satisfactory results.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:33:44 AM

yeah, so that it can be useful for the project itself to avoid cheating by the bounty participants, so it is quite effective to use the KYC system for bounty participants but thus still does not convince the bounty hunter for satisfactory results.
Bounty hunters in general are against with the KYC procedure, they feel it's risky on their part because they are not investors on the project anyway.
However, it seems to be the trend now, but there's still no guarantee that even if the project requires KYC, it will be successful.

gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:37:20 AM

Usually ICO is illegal in many countries, it is anonymized, and you are investing in an ICO but you don't know who your coin is. This cannot be traced. The scammers took full advantage of this. The current ICO risk is very large and not suitable for everyone to invest.

apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:42:09 AM

Some time ico could be scam and some time could be legit, based on how lucky you are when joining and investing at ico project, many time I get profit with ico but I have get scam with ico project because lower price after listing at the exchange market.
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 03:48:40 AM

Not all countries have legal instruments for regulating ICO. therefore, in most cases this is illegal activity. But I think that this situation will not last long.
kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:40:07 PM

Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
Not all of them I think,To know if its a scam you need to know their team firsthand. If they are really not suspicious then it is not a scam. I think you also need to read their content if it is really sellable in the future
hanomnom

Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:19:14 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, today about 70% of all ICOs are outspoken scammers. Therefore, none of the investors are insured against losing their money. You should always take a responsible approach to the selection of a suitable project, study the white paper, the development team and the strategy for further development.
mechanic081971

Activity: 200

Zaydo

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:25:28 AM

Some of them are legit and some are not but for me most of icos are scam like selfdrops tokens. These are the type of scam that one or more investor can invest at the very cheap price and they will receive millions of tokens. When the project collects all of funds, they will ran away with the funds and the project will leave it so that's why many icos are not successful because of project owners like that.

Jr Member
(((    MARTKIST.org    )))     ►  Decentralized Anarchy!
►  Community Focus     ►  No Premine     ►  No IC
crypto-futures
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 08:16:47 AM

It helps to find an ICO with a fully functioning product rather than just an idea. That gives more confidence to investors. FinanceX for example. After a successful Private Sale and Presale, their ICO starts tomorrow with a huge promotion. 30% bonus FNX token for anyone who purchases on the first day.
https://medium.com/financex/30-bonus-on-fnx-november-21-d8b82b4ad8bf
Luna0120

Merit: 14

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:02:49 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Many today are beginning to say that all ICOs on the modern crypto market are fraudsters. But personally, I believe that you can find various promising and useful projects. In particular, this year I already found some good ICOs with timely payments and stable development.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:16:15 PM

There are different kinds and there are both kinds of them in the market but now it does seem that the number of the scam coins far outweighs the number of the legit coins that we have in the market right now. This calls for a lot of caution when you are investing in the market to make sure that in the long run you are not investing in something that is going to make you lose a lot of money
raptorez

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

From the point of view of human relations in general, I think that ICO is a normal procedure, where many participants simply donate their real money to implement the idea. And tokens or coins are just guarantees.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: