Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How long do you guys think of it ?
Don't know - 70 (19.8%)
We'll see - 283 (80.2%)
Total Voters: 353

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long bitcoin will survive ?  (Read 17561 times)
haji lulung

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:56:09 AM

I think bitcoin will always survive for a long time when there are many people still believe it. If the people still use bitcoin for selling and buying for transaction activity, so bitcoin will be survive. I think it's the simple parameter to know about it.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:30:03 AM

Every cryptocurrency need support to survive the tough competitions in digital market. Bitcoin continues to enjoy significant supports and still drawing more believers if you compare to those who against it. Only time can tell when will the bitcoin lose support or will ever be gone.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:54:09 AM

The only honest answer is: for as long as two people or more believe Bitcoin has use and value.

The schedule for block rewards is set to extend out to the year 2130 so bitcoin mining (in its true sense) can continue for that long as long as there are transactions to produce work for.

Maybe an equally good question is: what could end bitcoin? If we think about it from that perspective we can identify what threats exist to seriously harm bitcoin.

One such risk is Governments. They can ban the use of bitcoin among retailers which would seriously diminish the opportunity for adoption growth.

What else?

Short answer; no one knows about bitcoin in the future.
Yes, bitcoin worth because people really think it's worth something. As long as people could buy-sell bitcoin or use it across the world, bitcoin won't vanish or worthless.
There are few countries already banned bitcoin, but more will follow due to illegal funding or anything about illegal activities. But, bitcoin price will not crush just because some countries ban bitcoin, due to bitcoin trading volume spread widely, and most of them are in US, China, Japan, South Korea, HongKong, every country which has bigger exchanges.
What else? Nuclear war, could damage all electronic devices, if it dropped on exchanges locations, just imagine what will happen next.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:18:19 AM

At least until 2140 because the bitcoin cycle is up to 2140 as it releases 21 million coin. But I think it's a pretty good coin and maybe it's gradually replacing gold and in the future it's hoping to be a major payment method. So I would hope that I would travel anywhere without paying attention to the foreign currency because I could hold a phone is enough and no need to take my country's money to convert to foreign currency. of the country that I want to visit. And what I care most is the value of it hope the bitcoin will be very high after the switg2x this price may be up $ 10,000 is a great thing for those who are believe in bitcoin

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 07:23:52 AM

Have you guys ever think to how long is bitcoin will survive in this world ? Well, I mean is there anything that can make bitcoin bankrupt or low price, then possibly will make bitcoiners doesn't want to invest anymore. And also is there any solution to avoid those thing. Just wonder to know.
I think it is very difficult for bitcoin to disappear. Given the number of participants in Bitcoin, if it were to break down they would be ready to create a new Bitcoin. In addition, with the development of Bitcoin to the present time, it will grow more rapidly, not disappear quickly.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
strawkiwi

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:26:08 AM

2140 is way too long to say.
i tink at least for the next 5 years to be safe Undecided
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:27:36 AM

As long as two nodes operate correctly the entity of Bitcoin will exist. Now with that said Bitcoin will still exist as a powerful entity for many years to come, it's only gotten stronger over the years and it's experiencing progress and not decline.

rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:37:30 AM

Nobody can be 100% right in prediction as far as business is concern. BTC is decentralized and for now will still remain relevant and dominating.
But nothing last forever.
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:53:07 AM

Bitcoin will survive for a long period of time. As we think that the widely acceptance of this digital currency is increasing day by day. So it will survive for a period we even don’t think so. Bitcoin get popularity among many countries and that’s why most of the people get advantages from it.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:58:14 AM

I think also that bitcoin will survive for a very long years even we don't exist on that time as long as their is an technology and internet. Maybe the value of this cryptocurrency in the future is very high even a million USD, their is an market analyst predict that bitcoin value will become at $6000 just this year end.

Well, I would say that most of the crypto-enthusiasts are looking forward for hundred of years in which Bitcoin can still be existing and hopefully at that time it would be adopted as one of the many currencies for international commerce. However, there are still so many challenges and obstacles thrown the Bitcoin's way as expected because it is doing its job of being a disruptor of the usual ways. There would be people -- in the government, banking sector and all other areas which Bitcoin can revolutionized -- that will put up a fight in order to stop the global growth of Bitcoin but hopefully the coin is resilient and can survive them all. There would be ups and downs, boom and gloom and so many in between making the Bitcoin ride really so exciting, exhilirating and suspenseful.

Are you part of the Bitcoin adventure?
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:09:35 AM

As long as people still believe and using bitcoin, bitcoin will always survive. Why? Everything in the world still exist because of demand. Agree or not, price of car is getting higher because such demand. If nobody want to buy a car. Car will not survive. Thats mine.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
HappyNonce

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:16:57 AM

The idea will survive forever. But the technology behind might change a lot and might be incompatible with the current bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:18:09 AM

Have you guys ever think to how long is bitcoin will survive in this world ?

No idea, while there is a big market cap of bitcoin it can survive until the market cap gets zero. But what's happening is opposite, the price gets higher and this is the reason why bitcoin can survive for a longer time. I have no idea on how long that bitcoin will survive or how many years it will stay on this world but I'm sure that it can go up until the last supply of bitcoin is mined or even it's all mined it will remain.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:51:36 AM

As per my view bitcoins will survive as long as there is mining going on untill the last coin is being mined there will be market value for bitcoins.Bitcoins can even go dead if the number of users increases and if people holding on with bitcoins are no longer willing to sell them then i guess that it will be an end for the market if nobody is ready to sell it off so that new investors can buy them

Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:53:23 AM

It's going to be here for the foreseeable future. None of the existing cryptos are a real threat to dethrone Bitcoin, and it will be a while before a true contender emerges.
Mysterious01

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:59:43 AM

Have you guys ever think to how long is bitcoin will survive in this world ? Well, I mean is there anything that can make bitcoin bankrupt or low price, then possibly will make bitcoiners doesn't want to invest anymore. And also is there any solution to avoid those thing. Just wonder to know.

There is only on concrete answer to that, bitcoin will be useless if all the investors will dump their investment and also if all the country will illegalize the use of bitcoin.
Bitcoin has its name already therefore it will surely last and maybe in the future all countries will accept it.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:11:41 AM

The only thing that can bring bitcoin down is the excessive use of better coins. If people start investing in other coins having better characteristics than bitcoin and better earning opportunities, than surely after a decade it is possible that bitcoin could disappear but it will take a long time.
Anthony1985

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:13:52 AM

I don't think Bitcoin will ever go down and actually with time will be used everywhere.

True there are alt coins that are good as well but BTC is where everything begun.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:16:58 AM

Bitcoin is going to survive for a very long time and in the long run we don't need to worry, I dont think that bitcoin will ever go bankrupt, for example see because of china it went down to. 2900 and within weeks it's back at 4500$+ so I feel the fundamentals are preety strong. The solutions you speak, are you referring to segwit and other forks? They are already being taken care of.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:23:20 AM

I have no idea but i just hope it will survive through the years and centuries to come. It's value is getting higher and higher and i don't think it reaches to the peak of its value already. With that, i could say that it's stable and sturdy against all hard forks that will come along the way.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: