Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:49:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530459 times)
cryptogaga

Activity: 506
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:56:57 AM

what is the latest dev, i expected more from ANC, still watching though

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
33Bit

Activity: 273
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:09:55 PM

what is the latest dev, i expected more from ANC, still watching though

I think new releases soon...

New 0.9.7 gost Source in github already Smiley  https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/releases/tag/v0.9.7-gost
kriptofan

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:16:09 AM

what happened to my very old coins?
are they gone?
oyvkva

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:48:40 PM

The two largest exchanges have also updated to 0.9.7:
oyvkva

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:51:57 AM

Our hardfork went well, no problem. Lots of people mining GOST now.

Blockchain explorer is updated here: http://anoncash.net/
kriptofan

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:45:37 AM

This update is a PoW change, your coins are not going anywhere, but you need to update your wallet before you send them as the old version won't accept the new Gost blocks after the fork.

but my coins are really old, like 5 years old or so

I have added wallet and balance is 0 :/
how to update coins?
switzer

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 11:57:31 PM

Now that the hard fork has been deployed, the core Anoncoin team are now focusing on building Anoncash, which can be thought of as the next version of Anoncoin.  The goal of Anoncash is to be a digital representation of cash instead of most other cryptocurrencies which are a digital representation of a credit card.  Each Anoncash unit cannot be divided, just like currency.  Anoncash can be sent from one device to another in the same manner that any image file can be sent (e.g. txt message, email, airdrop, etc.).

We are simultaneously working on the roadmap, white paper, and transition plan from Anoncoin to Anoncash, and will release details in this thread as well as on Reddit.

We'd love to engage with our ANC community, and more broadly, the privacy coin community as we build out Anoncash.  What we have designed is different, and hopefully fulfills our goals of being a largely adopted, simple to use, private currency.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

Now that the hard fork has been deployed, the core Anoncoin team are now focusing on building Anoncash, which can be thought of as the next version of Anoncoin.  The goal of Anoncash is to be a digital representation of cash instead of most other cryptocurrencies which are a digital representation of a credit card.  Each Anoncash unit cannot be divided, just like currency.  Anoncash can be sent from one device to another in the same manner that any image file can be sent (e.g. txt message, email, airdrop, etc.).

We are simultaneously working on the roadmap, white paper, and transition plan from Anoncoin to Anoncash, and will release details in this thread as well as on Reddit.

We'd love to engage with our ANC community, and more broadly, the privacy coin community as we build out Anoncash.  What we have designed is different, and hopefully fulfills our goals of being a largely adopted, simple to use, private currency.

Interesting. Sounds a bit like the Blackbytes from Byteball. Are there more technical details about how this will work? Will there still be a regular blockchain?
switzer

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:35:51 AM

There are some similarities with Blackbytes, in that there is no blockchain / ledger, there is support for multiple currencies and denominations, and that both run over an anonymized network (i2p and tor).

Where Anoncash shines is the decentralized bank’s ability to co-sign a cash unit using a proven random set of nodes, so that any one node or predetermined set of nodes cannot issue a valid signature.

Double spending is eliminated by using the decentralized bank to validate a newly transferred unit - which destroys the old unit and issues a new unit in its place.

Cash units can be stored in the decentralized bank or stored locally. No tx history is stored - just like cash.

Because of the ledgerless design, wallets will be light and transfers can be made between two mobile devices - making Anoncash a very good digital representation of cash.
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:58:34 AM

Starting from this initial idea about being an extension of bitcoin, then does Anoncoin use some bitcoin-related programming codes? Or was it developed from scratch the Anoncoin?
switzer

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:25:37 AM

Anoncoin was a fork of Litecoin and modified to run over i2p. Anoncash has been written from scratch.  There will be a migration path so Anoncoin holders can trade in for Anoncash units.
ttookk

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:01:42 AM

There are some similarities with Blackbytes, in that there is no blockchain / ledger, there is support for multiple currencies and denominations, and that both run over an anonymized network (i2p and tor).

Where Anoncash shines is the decentralized bank’s ability to co-sign a cash unit using a proven random set of nodes, so that any one node or predetermined set of nodes cannot issue a valid signature.

Double spending is eliminated by using the decentralized bank to validate a newly transferred unit - which destroys the old unit and issues a new unit in its place.

Cash units can be stored in the decentralized bank or stored locally. No tx history is stored - just like cash.

Because of the ledgerless design, wallets will be light and transfers can be made between two mobile devices - making Anoncash a very good digital representation of cash.

Very interesting. How are the decentralized banks rewarded? What types of attacks are possible and how are they mitigated or punished?

I have so many more questions Cheesy

Like, how big is the team?
Are you (switzer) somewhat of a liason for this forum? What is your afiliation with the project?
What's the best channel to learn more about the technical details?
...and pretty much all the technical stuff.
switzer

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:05:18 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 12:50:52 PM by switzer
Merited by Morbid (1)

Very interesting. How are the decentralized banks rewarded? What types of attacks are possible and how are they mitigated or punished?

I have so many more questions Cheesy

Like, how big is the team?
Are you (switzer) somewhat of a liason for this forum? What is your afiliation with the project?
What's the best channel to learn more about the technical details?
...and pretty much all the technical stuff.

I should say up front that while we have a draft specification and the majority of code, lots of changes could be made based on how Anoncash performs in simulation and in the wild.  That said:

The decentralized bank nodes are rewarded using a proof of cosigning (and punished if they provide a false signature).  What that means is when they participate in cosigning an Anoncash note, they have one chance in the lottery for "mining rewards".  More verifications, more chances.  The full consensus model is still being simulated to make sure the chances of attacks like Sybill attacks are minimized, but this is the current thought process.

Team
The core Anoncash team is about 5, including myself.  The broader Anoncoin community is 100+, and you can find us on Slack most of the time (look elsewhere in this thread for a join link).  We are all technical, [Meeh] does the majority of the core engineering, and others perform non-core engineering tasks.  We are looking for more contributors.  I will release the roadmap shortly so you can get an idea of where we are headed (which I am quite excited about!)

In general, [oyvkva] and I [switzer] are the main liaisons for the forum.  I met Meeh and oyvkva face to face about 4 months ago, and it was clear to me that these two were building something special with Anoncash.  From that point I wanted to be involved, and I feel lucky to be a part of this core team.

We have a draft of the technical white paper.  We will discuss parts of it here and in Slack until it solidifies.  At that point we will release the paper.

switzer

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:04:30 PM

The broader Anoncoin community is 100+, and you can find us on Slack most of the time (look elsewhere in this thread for a join link).  

Sorry was a bit lazy before.  The Slack channel join link is here:

https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjcxMzUxMjk5ODYwLTU0OTJhNmIxNzYyY2JiMzUxOGZhMjYzNmQ3YmViNWM1OWIxZGNlMGY0Zjg1NzdhMDAyZmRiYTFhNTM1OWZiYTU

ttookk

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:27:46 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 10:39:47 PM by ttookk

The broader Anoncoin community is 100+, and you can find us on Slack most of the time (look elsewhere in this thread for a join link).  

Sorry was a bit lazy before.  The Slack channel join link is here:

https://join.slack.com/t/anoncoin/shared_invite/enQtMjcxMzUxMjk5ODYwLTU0OTJhNmIxNzYyY2JiMzUxOGZhMjYzNmQ3YmViNWM1OWIxZGNlMGY0Zjg1NzdhMDAyZmRiYTFhNTM1OWZiYTU

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer.

The mechanisms described sound somewhat similar to Digicashs eCash system. Are there similarities, or is that by accident?

Regarding Slack, I won't find much time in the next few days to get involved, but I'll take a look as soon as possible. I can't really contribute much, apart from stupid questions and maybe a new logo or some graphics if needed. I'm not good with websites, though…
switzer

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:04:11 PM

The mechanisms described sound somewhat similar to Digicashs eCash system. Are there similarities, or is that by accident?

[Meeh] has hundreds of white papers on his laptop, and he has read every word of most of them.  He shares the most relevant with me (e.g. ones that are so important that even a conceptual understanding is necessary).  Digicash white paper was one of the first he shared with me.  I went down the rabbit hole of reading David Chaum's groundbreaking inventions in the 1980's and why now is the time for these technologies to be used by the masses.

As we designed Anoncash, it became apparent that cash was not really being represented well using a ledger based cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Monero, or 99.9% of the other cryptocurrencies.

We see Anoncash as a great way to keep cash in the economy as currency moves to the digital age.  There are so many use cases of introducing alternative currencies to help out local economies.  We are building Anoncash to be the perfect currency to support this.

ttookk

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:05:18 AM

(…)

As we designed Anoncash, it became apparent that cash was not really being represented well using a ledger based cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Monero, or 99.9% of the other cryptocurrencies.

(…)

Hm, this is an interesting observation. I kinda agree in the sense that blockchain itself is a very different beast than cash. I don't necessarily see, why it would be inferior, provided you manage to get a realistic transaction throughput. Do you have any estimations regarding scaling?

I've also been under the impression that eCash needed trusted intermediaries in the form of banks to verify the validity of a "note". As you stated already, Sybil attacks seem the biggest problem.

I assume "Anonbanks" need collateral to be eligible to participate?

I see some overlap in the approach Republic Protocol uses to manage a decentralized darkpool over a number of nodes; especially in regards to how they manage to keep an order hidden until it is met with a fitting buy/sell. I'm not sure whether that is anything of interest to you, but from a technical concept, it might be woth taking a look.

Is there a rough timeframe? Like, are we talking weeks, months, a year to "mainnet"?
switzer

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:02:07 AM

Hm, this is an interesting observation. I kinda agree in the sense that blockchain itself is a very different beast than cash. I don't necessarily see, why it would be inferior, provided you manage to get a realistic transaction throughput. Do you have any estimations regarding scaling?

I don't think that blockchain vs. cash units are superior or inferior to one another.  They are different, with different use cases.  Maybe its just me, but there is something quite nice about having a cash unit embedded into an image.  Seems like the masses have conquered sending images between phones by now.

I've also been under the impression that eCash needed trusted intermediaries in the form of banks to verify the validity of a "note". As you stated already, Sybil attacks seem the biggest problem.

Yes decentralized nodes supply the proof of authenticity of a note by validating note signatures, cosigning notes, and destroying/creating cash units (when they are transferred).  Still lots of work to do even if they do not maintain a ledger!

I assume "Anonbanks" need collateral to be eligible to participate?

We are simulating different methods here, including staking.

I see some overlap in the approach Republic Protocol uses to manage a decentralized darkpool over a number of nodes; especially in regards to how they manage to keep an order hidden until it is met with a fitting buy/sell. I'm not sure whether that is anything of interest to you, but from a technical concept, it might be woth taking a look.

I'll check it out!

Is there a rough timeframe? Like, are we talking weeks, months, a year to "mainnet"?

I'll publish the roadmap shortly.  I'd say on the order of months.
ttookk

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:34:26 AM

I don't think that blockchain vs. cash units are superior or inferior to one another.  They are different, with different use cases.

This is a question I haven't really figured out for myself yet. In a lot of ways, I am a Bitcoin maximalist (or rather "mostimalist". Not my word, I stole it somewhere). I think ultimately, a few projects will come to dominate the others, which will wither and die away.

On the other side, I think having a diverse ecosystem with vastly different approaches is of great importance to keep resilience. So, having something like you describe is in any case a good thing.

Maybe its just me, but there is something quite nice about having a cash unit embedded into an image.  Seems like the masses have conquered sending images between phones by now.

Ooooh, I haven't even thought of that… You mean, there is a visual representation for the notes?

Dude, we are talking digital collectibles now. Or special edition notes. Or at the very least nicely designed bank notes. Awwwwwwww yaaaassssss… This gets me excited.
switzer

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:23:38 PM

Dude, we are talking digital collectibles now. Or special edition notes. Or at the very least nicely designed bank notes. Awwwwwwww yaaaassssss… This gets me excited.

Me too.  The note images are outstanding, but not yet ready to be released to the wild.  Things like this seem to get copied quickly - we will wait for a bit on this Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: