Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:42:21 AM

Help Anoncoin translate the Qt client (Bounty!)

In preparation for the release of Anoncoin 0.9.4, we have started a project on Transifex to translate the text associated with the Anoncoin-Qt client. We have chosen about ~25 high priority languages, but others can easily be added. Most of these languages are already partially translated as we have started with files that come from the Bitcoin project. We consider this a high priority task as Anoncoin should be available to those who need it, regardless of their native tongue.

We are offering a bounty of 25 ANC for each translation that is brought to 100%. We would like to offer more, but this is all that our donation account can support. All that we ask is that you be a native speaker of the language, and that you not use machine translation. Instruction on how to use the Transifex site can be found here. If you would like to act as a reviewer of previously translated pages, or if you would like to help coordinate specific languages, please contact me.

As usual, you can find everything you ever wanted to know on the Anoncoin wiki!

Why not Swedish? Add swedish and I'll do it. If you want.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:52:06 AM

Done. Just added it...
anonPhoenix

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:33:30 AM

Isn't there a fundamental problem with ANC, that people don't know who the big holders (whales) are?
Or how the distribution is? How many big holders?

Like in other anon coins its know who the big holders are. How coin is distributed over the community.
But in ANC not so much.
because we are not interested in pump'n'dump.
move along...

Anyone can look at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/anoncoin/ chart / all and see the biggest one day spike in anc history.

Someone is getting ready for a massive pump or a massive dump.

One of the most crookedly traded of the older altcoins.

So is it going to be a pump or a dump?

Educated guess, based on experience with anc, is that a new major update comes out soon. Then a huge pump. Once the market seems to peak the big holders will dump. Same as before.

Meeh has been lured to the Phillipines, also known as Planecrashistan. Once he is officially off the coin the next pumpndump cycle begins. Another attempt to implement a rigged algo. Another cash windfall for the supposed protectors of liberty. Same modus operandi with altcoins as with their other projects.

Carry on.

Pablo, welcome back my master Wink
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7d/7df4637bab26adc59e92e7e0d53a9376decc295afa935cb3c9b2e14f9f995716.jpg
anonPhoenix

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:54:37 PM

I have been involuntarily HODLing anoncoins for almost 4 months now, looking forward to dump it all during that huge pump. With a new wallet update I guess cryptsy will finally give me my coins...

Only for its name and its history as the first tor coin it has a long term value quite high. When the next surge occurs in crypto anc will climb high on the backs of people who have not followed the drama.

It is a shame that almost all coins now are controlled by essentially marketmakers. Anyone with us$50k can takeover almost any midcap coin and make a huge profit whipsawing people. In this case you had people with unlimited capital even able to force out other miners so they could acquire coins.

Bitcoin is the only "privacy" currency right now. A U.S. two star General can fly into Pakistan, hand a usb stick with $5m in bitcoin to his Pak counterpart. The heroin will arrive because bitcoin is trusted.

You cannot do that with anc or drk or any others.

You rocks Pablo!
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 04:53:00 AM

Any prevision for the new release? I have some anoncoins stuck on cryptsy too. I would like to send them to my cold storage!

Yes I'd like to know too, for dumping all of them at a slightly smaller loss...cold storage, yes.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
CookieL

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 09:18:34 AM

BITTREX is removing the following coins:

"We will be removing the following wallets on February 15th, 2015. Once removed, we will not be able to retrieve your funds. Please remove all coins ASAP. Note, that some of these coins have broken blockchains where we will not be able to send coins.

We have flagged and warned on these wallets for at least 30 days and no exceptions will be made once the wallets are removed."

Symbol   Coin Name
ANC   AnonCoin
AXR   Axron
BIG   BigBullion
BURN   BurnerCoin
CHCC   CHCCoin
DCN   DeepCoin
DEAF   DeafDollars
DIME   DimeCoin
DSB   DarkShibe
FLEX   FlexibleCoin
FRSH   FreshCoin
GANJA   GanjaCoin
GB   GreenBacks
GLOW   GlowCoin
HIC   HawaiiCoin
LKNX   InkwayCoin
MCL   MiracleCoin
MOB   MobCoin
NET   NetCoin
NMB   Nimbus
NOPE   NopeCoin
NUD   NewUniversalDollar
PYRA   PyramidsCoin
REKT   RektCoin
RUBLE   Ruble
SHADE   ShadeCoin
TAC   TalkCoin
TECH   TechCoin
UROD   UroDark
VAULT   VaultCoin
VIK   VikingCoin
VLTY   VolatilityCoin
VOOT   VootCoin
WWC   WorldWideCoin
XBOT   SocialXBot
XXX   XXXCoin
gnosiscameeh420

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:41:25 AM

BUMP       on: October 25, 2014, 07:34:28 AM

Our dear good boy Meeh

I know him from when he was younger,but I see that has stayed the same and even worsened the condition. Promise from the beginning,with less and less enthusiasm.
You do not know what is your ZC dev doing.
You don't know him.
You do not follow the market.
You became a drug addict,sleep is your priority,you're probably replaced the drugs with sleeping pills and tranquilizers.

What ANC can do is wait for a miracle someone to take your broken coin, and fix it if possible.
You evan didn't know to calculate the total supply.

Programmers were all leaving ANC, JackOfAll, Brotroxer.K1773R just shitting on the forum.In addition to the main web page where it says he is dev,can't be seen anywhere that he is the developer of the ANC.
PR has gone out from the beginning.You don't need PR,because you need not fuss about organized theft of people.
The truth is,that is just a strategy what makes ANC holders belive that you are REAL anonlover,don't need PR,don't need price for your coin.

Today we see your coin don't need blockchain.
Problems are very old, not just last few weeks.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg5610837#msg5610837

Yes,this is theft,fraud,scam.
You tricked many investors,and thank goodness of crypto that I too appreciate my BTC.
I am not convince to buy your shit.

Picked money along with the major miners like K1773R and the partners at the end of 2013,you stood on the ball and watched still no plan to cheat,after that,out there is a solid work with the ZC,which you tried to use it.

The testnet in March, May, September!
Gnosis's try to get donation one time
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg6366123#msg6366123
Fail

You show up stronger than ever,gnosis is not answering,you taking over the project.
This opens a collaboration with XMR,answering how on ZC started working with the new guy, Original.
After a couple of days returns gnosis in game.
He is more active on the forum.Flying around with the legendary members and sheep support in pumping.
New robbery comes.

Second time he was smarter with his partner ,get donations and pump the price after that.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg8811344#msg8811344

Next was this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg9148128#msg9148128

Delay 7 days just 1 day before?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg9203978#msg9203978

New Delay for 2-3 months?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg9259153#msg9259153

Meeh,are you saying that you still know nothing?
When will you stop the bullshit meeh?
When will this stop? The sheep follow your shit and try to get more sheep in game?

These are just indicative of the fact. I've been waiting for you here last days for details.

ANC is game over.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:54:31 AM

I have been involuntarily HODLing anoncoins for almost 4 months now, looking forward to dump it all during that huge pump. With a new wallet update I guess cryptsy will finally give me my coins...

Only for its name and its history as the first tor coin it has a long term value quite high. When the next surge occurs in crypto anc will climb high on the backs of people who have not followed the drama.

It is a shame that almost all coins now are controlled by essentially marketmakers. Anyone with us$50k can takeover almost any midcap coin and make a huge profit whipsawing people. In this case you had people with unlimited capital even able to force out other miners so they could acquire coins.

Bitcoin is the only "privacy" currency right now. A U.S. two star General can fly into Pakistan, hand a usb stick with $5m in bitcoin to his Pak counterpart. The heroin will arrive because bitcoin is trusted.

You cannot do that with anc or drk or any others.

Yea, bitcoin is soo private, that's why Bonafide raised 850k to add reputations to bitcoin addresses, http://www.coindesk.com/bonafide-raises-850k-build-reputation-system-bitcoin/. Also why blockchain anaylsis programs are being advanced further and further to parse the blockchain and connect addresses and bitcoins that have even gone through mixing...

The truth is tough, but Bitcoin is more transparent than a bank account, credit card, paypal, and far more transparent than physical cash.

Moving onto Anoncoin, this coin has Obviouly been pumped and dumped repeatedly by it's "developers", who have failed on literally every promise they've made. Hell, you can't even send anoncoins because the difficulty algo is messed up. Not to mention, Gnosis and others pumping/dumping Anoncoin with their Zerocoin announcements, over and over and over again...while having implemented absolutely nothing so far.
lunokhod2

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:51:23 AM

Hi Darkota,

I don't think that Anoncoin has been pumped and dumped repeatedly by the developers. It is true that Anoncoin has seen price manipulation like any other coin with low trading volume, but I don't see the hands of the developers in this. It is also true that the Gnosis's implementation of zerocoin was overhyped: my impression is that he was overly naive about the time commitment required to finish the job and that he did not profit from this (though I could be wrong, I am basing this on personal communication with him and judgement of his character).

Now that Cryptoslave and myself and acting as project managers, all development on the coin will be in the open on the Anoncoin development schedule. We will announce here only when new builds/release-candidates/releases are available, or when important milestones have been met. There will be no hype coming from the development team. If we have lost your trust, we hope to earn it back.

lunokhod2

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:47:25 PM

New Anoncoin developer builds

This is just to let everyone know that we have put out our first 0.9.4 developer builds for testing on the anoncoin web site. At this moment, we have builds only for OSX and win64: linux builds will be added later.

These binaries are for testing purposes only, so please use caution and be sure to back up your wallet. We would be interested in any feedback you might have, so please let the developers know if you run into any problems or have ideas for improvement.

If you would like to compile the code yourself, instructions can be found here.
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:08:46 AM

This is just to let everyone know that we have put out our first 0.9.4 developer builds for testing on the anoncoin web site. At this moment, we have builds only for OSX and win64: linux builds will be added later.

These binaries are for testing purposes only, so please use caution and be sure to back up your wallet. We would be interested in any feedback you might have, so please let the developers know if you run into any problems or have ideas for improvement.

Thanks for the update!

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:11:58 AM

I cannot seem to find the source for 0.9.4
lunokhod2

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:51:22 AM

I cannot seem to find the source for 0.9.4

Hi Mullick,

Sorry if my post was not clear, but I was referring to builds of our "develop" branch. We are looking for feedback back from anyone who is interested in testing these. Our next step will be to create a release-candidate and then a full release of 0.9.4 that would be suitable for use at exchanges. We are currently working on building the test suites and doing some testing on the testnet.

The source for our develop branch is located here: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/develop

cheers,

lunokhod2

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:32:16 PM

Anoncoin subreddit

Would there happen to be anyone here who might be interested in styling the Anoncoin page at reddit? I just installed a new css-based theme (Naut), but unfortunately, I don't have the time to figure this out myself. In essence, you would just have to add some kind of logo to the top of the page, modify some background and link colors, and remove a couple of menu items. There are a couple of add ons that could be installed as well (http://www.reddit.com/r/naut/wiki/index).

Just PM me if this interests you. You will need to know a little css.

Lunokhod
lunokhod2

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:34:15 PM

Anoncoin subreddit

Would there happen to be anyone here who might be interested in styling the Anoncoin page at reddit? I just installed a new css-based theme (Naut), but unfortunately, I don't have the time to figure this out myself. In essence, you would just have to add some kind of logo to the top of the page, modify some background and link colors, and remove a couple of menu items. There are a couple of add ons that could be installed as well (http://www.reddit.com/r/naut/wiki/index).

Lunokhod
Thanks to CookieL for modernizing the Reddit page (http://www.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/). If you have any comments or suggestions, please let him know.

newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:44:35 PM

Anoncoin subreddit

Lunokhod
Thanks to CookieL for modernizing the Reddit page (http://www.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/). If you have any comments or suggestions, please let him know.

Thanks for doing this!

Can someone work with Mullick to test the new wallet before the next release? It would be nice to have ANC trading at Cryptsy again right away once the new wallet is out.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:50:39 PM

Thanks for doing this!

Can someone work with Mullick to test the new wallet before the next release? It would be nice to have ANC trading at Cryptsy again right away once the new wallet is out.

I was going to beta test it on Xubuntu 14.04x64 but get the following error after
Code:
./configure

Code:
checking for Berkeley DB C++ headers... default
configure: error: Found Berkeley DB other than 4.8, required for portable wallets (--with-incompatible-bdb to ignore or --disable-wallet to disable wallet functionality)

Will I have to change to Berkeley DB 4.8 to use the new wallet.  As I'm not sure if some of my other wallets would like that?  Or will the new Linux binaries be ok like the current ANC wallet I have works.  Although I think I currently use the i2p repo.  Will that be updated with the new wallet timely.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:34:02 AM

Thanks for doing this!

I was going to beta test it on Xubuntu 14.04x64 but get the following error after
Code:
./configure

Code:
configure: error: Found Berkeley DB other than 4.8, required for portable wallets (--with-incompatible-bdb to ignore or --disable-wallet to disable wallet functionality)

Will I have to change to Berkeley DB 4.8 to use the new wallet.  As I'm not sure if some of my other wallets would like that?  Or will the new Linux binaries be ok like the current ANC wallet I have works.  Although I think I currently use the i2p repo.  Will that be updated with the new wallet timely.
you should always use 4.8, otherwise you will have serious issues (if not already, then in the future).
if you use the i2p (kytv?)s repo for anoncoin, ask him what libdb++ he uses or check it yourself.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
lunokhod2

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:33:52 AM

Thanks for doing this!

Code:
./configure

Code:

You might want to try to compile all the dependencies in the directory "depends", and then use

Code:
./configure --prefix=`pwd`/depends/<your triplet name>

This should be foolproof, but obviously will take a bit more effort.

If you get this to build on Xubuntu, we can add explicit instructions on the wiki here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_develop

though I doubt that they will differ much from the stand linux instructions.
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:37:26 AM

Hi Darkota,

I don't think that Anoncoin has been pumped and dumped repeatedly by the developers. It is true that Anoncoin has seen price manipulation like any other coin with low trading volume, but I don't see the hands of the developers in this. It is also true that the Gnosis's implementation of zerocoin was overhyped: my impression is that he was overly naive about the time commitment required to finish the job and that he did not profit from this (though I could be wrong, I am basing this on personal communication with him and judgement of his character).

Now that Cryptoslave and myself and acting as project managers, all development on the coin will be in the open on the Anoncoin development schedule. We will announce here only when new builds/release-candidates/releases are available, or when important milestones have been met. There will be no hype coming from the development team. If we have lost your trust, we hope to earn it back.

When will you be asking for volunteers for testnet? The development schedule says testnet 4 is "soon"?

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: