Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Gold : Make Bitcoin Decentralized Again  (Read 153044 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:53:52 PM

So basically we will get it but won't be able to trade it, right?

Hopefully we can mine it, before you can trade it Smiley

You can already trade IOUs on this at Bluetrade. https://bleutrade.com/exchange/BTG/BTC (But they are a tiny volume exchange.)
Yobit will be adding BTG balances in less than 24 hours. https://twitter.com/YobitExchange/status/922070167294791681 I suspect that they will be allowing the trading of the IOUs as well. (However, they are on the small end of volume as well.)
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:57:04 PM

Man, what a mess these Bitcoin forks are. If you're going up against the number 1 coin at least put some effort in it.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:07:41 PM

Man, what a mess these Bitcoin forks are. If you're going up against the number 1 coin at least put some effort in it.

Actually, this coin is going up against Bitmain and Bitfury. I doubt that Nvidia or AMD are going to set up huge GPU mining farms in strategic locations. It will be nice to have the manufactures of the mining equipment be distinct from the largest mining farms. Even if this particular project fails, perhaps it will help show a way we can implement this on the BTC chain.

I have been thinking of replacing my 5 year old computer with a nice gaming computer, one with a GTX 1080. However, I can't bring myself to spend the $$$. (The 5 year old computer is still quite functional, and I am not a gamer. Not sure it is worth it just so I can mine from time to time. Especially since the GTX 1080 will probably be an obsolete GPU in less than a year.)
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:21:13 PM

Good intentions, but what is the role of LightningASIC in this? Are you going to tell me Bitcoin Gold is purely altruistic?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:21:23 PM

Good intentions, but what is the role of LightningASIC in this? Are you going to tell me Bitcoin Gold is purely altruistic?

OIC, thanks for putting the spotlight on this. I'm starting to get a little deja vu. (GAW and Paycoin.) Will see how this scheme plays out.  I'm also a little leery that the mechanism to claim your BTG may involve compromising your private keys and having to sweep your coins to new addresses to be safe. Naturally, this process will involve transaction fees, so the coins really won't end up being "free." At least they ditched the ICO aspect, for now. A 100,000 coin premine is a bit concerning. If this coin goes to 0.1 BTC, that's 10000 BTC. That's almost 60 million USD. Not exactly the biggest booty ever, but not chump change either.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:22:22 AM

Snapshot date is near but still not much info...
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 03:45:36 AM

Bittrex will be supporting BTG xchange/status/921971095007199233

8000 BLOCKS premined arounf 100000...it will dumped as soon as trade begins. How to know whwther dre will be a merket

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451

Read this article carefully bittrex will keep disable deposit/withdraw of this coin for 24 hours so only those people will be to trade this coin who have their bitcoin on that exchange. I don't think there is early chance to get dumped from dev.
The main thing in this article is that Bittrex won't open the trades till BTG team won't make everything at "in a functional state"

"At this time, the information and codebase presented by the Bitcoin Gold team is not in a functional state and Bittrex will not commit to opening a Bitcoin Gold trading market."

So till everything will be done correctly from BTG team end the pair BTC-BTG won't go live... while trades at others exchanges that supporting BTG will be live already. But I think BTG devs will make all by correct way till fork day.

If BTG and Bittrex won't solve their disagreements so yes, cant trade it.

I don't think it is a disagreement, Bittrex is trying to protect their side, if any BTG tokens got missed or dumped on their exchange who is going to be blame Bittrex, so BTG team need to look before they jump here, fork is that easy as people may think, remember what happen to ETC token on Coinbase

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
googol.star

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:03:24 AM

This looks like a money grab, with the excuse of "Bringing Bitcoin back to its roots."
Betfair

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:04:52 AM

Lol Smiley because they dont want to release anything..How do you guys believe these people?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:25:18 AM

Lol Smiley because they dont want to release anything..How do you guys believe these people?

That's why I do not intend to buy any BTG futures on Yobit. I will gladly take the BTC someone is willing to give me for said futures, though. Oh and before I get the lecture that I should never leave my BTC on an exchange, the counterparty risk of doing so is not infinite. I have what I consider a reasonable amount that I am willing to risk in order to have the opportunity to get a quick 4-5% gain.
eff_efferson

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:34:07 AM

how do i find out the exact moment the screenshot happens?
xoma11

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:34:20 AM

WTF
Your Hashrate: 0.00 KSol/s
Pool Hash: 0.00 KSol/s
Net Hash: 353881.29 MSol/s
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:34:26 AM

Just saw on bleutrade that BitGold is trading (IOU) at .06 BTC do you guys think the price will remain the same after the launch?
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:54:46 AM

This project will trigger the war between asics and gpus, asic farms and even small asic miners are very affraid from projects like this one, go ahead BTG do the first step we want our bitcoin back we don't like it chinese.

2016 GPU Miner
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:06:40 AM

Just saw on bleutrade that BitGold is trading (IOU) at .06 BTC do you guys think the price will remain the same after the launch?

I doubt it. After launch, the exchanges will be subjected to the real supply flooding in from people disposing of their free coins as quick as they can figure out how. You will also have a supply of fresh coins from the miners. A fair amount of those coins will get dumped on the market as well. Furthermore, it appears this coin is going to be released with a reasonable difficulty, and frequent retargets. (Like every block, I believe.) Unlike Bitcoin Cash, there isn't going to be the initial period where blocks are only coming in once every hour or so. The supply should be coming in about once every ten minutes. Therefore, the bids are not going to have time to build up, like they did initially for Bitcoin Cash. I see a high likelihood of the initial market being quite bearish. However, maybe some whales have different plans. Hype, then pump, then dump is also a very real possibility. Unfortunately, this BitcoinGold team just do not strike me as the best marketers. Are there any big names in Crypto hyping this coin right now? (Not just disseminating information, but actually hyping it.)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:13:22 AM

BTC will probably go down some directly after the fork when people got their free coins. As well as BTG. I dont think much will come of this fork though apart from free BTC for those that can sell BTG the quickest. The Nov 2X fork is more interrsting imo.

Did Ledger say anything of adding another option in their wallets for BTG?
Kayaman85

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:14:54 AM

Actually, this coin is going up against Bitmain and Bitfury. I doubt that Nvidia or AMD are going to set up huge GPU mining farms in strategic locations. It will be nice to have the manufactures of the mining equipment be distinct from the largest mining farms. Even if this particular project fails, perhaps it will help show a way we can implement this on the BTC chain.

I have been thinking of replacing my 5 year old computer with a nice gaming computer, one with a GTX 1080. However, I can't bring myself to spend the $$$. (The 5 year old computer is still quite functional, and I am not a gamer. Not sure it is worth it just so I can mine from time to time. Especially since the GTX 1080 will probably be an obsolete GPU in less than a year.)

Yeah not really worth getting a new computer just to mine, unless your guna be using it for something else that will justify buying a new computer for. lol.

GPU's barely make anything anymore.

Mines making like a buck a day. haha
lupanar

Activity: 1344
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:14:39 AM

8000 BLOCKS premined arounf 100000...it will dumped as soon as trade begins. How to know whwther dre will be a merket

Read this article carefully bittrex will keep disable deposit/withdraw of this coin for 24 hours so only those people will be to trade this coin who have their bitcoin on that exchange. I don't think there is early chance to get dumped from dev.
The main thing in this article is that Bittrex won't open the trades till BTG team won't make everything at "in a functional state"

"At this time, the information and codebase presented by the Bitcoin Gold team is not in a functional state and Bittrex will not commit to opening a Bitcoin Gold trading market."

So till everything will be done correctly from BTG team end the pair BTC-BTG won't go live... while trades at others exchanges that supporting BTG will be live already. But I think BTG devs will make all by correct way till fork day.

I don't think it is a disagreement, Bittrex is trying to protect their side, if any BTG tokens got missed or dumped on their exchange who is going to be blame Bittrex, so BTG team need to look before they jump here, fork is that easy as people may think, remember what happen to ETC token on Coinbase
By diagreements I meant exactly what you have mentioned, BTG team not to fulfill all the conditions of safety Bittrex listing and exchange is insure itself.

Bittrex conditions:

Bitcoin Gold does not currently have:

Fully formed consensus code
Implemented replay protection
Adequate code for testing and auditing
Publicly known code developers

▄███▄▄                  ▄▄███▄
▄██▄ ▀▀████▄              ▄████▀▀ ▄██▄
 ▀████▄ ▀▀████▄        ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀
█▄ ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄█
███  ▄▀▀████▄ ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀▄  ███
███  ██▄ ▀▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄██  ███
███  ██▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄  ▀██  ███
███  ▀  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀  ████▄  ▀  ███
█▀   ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀████▄   ▀█
  ▄████▀▀ ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████▄
████▀▀ ▄████▀▀          ▀▀████▄ ▀▀████
███  ████▀▀ ▄█▄         ▄▄ ▀▀████  ███
███  ███  ▄▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀   ███  ███
███  ███  ██▄ ▀▀  ▄███▀▀ ▄██  ███  ███
███  ███  █▀   ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ███  ███
███  ███    ▄███▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄  ███  ███
███  ███  ███▀▀ ▄███▀▀   ▄██  ███  ███
▀██  ███  ▀▀ ▄███▀▀  ▄██▄ ▀█  ███  ██▀
  ▀  ███  ▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄  ███  ▀
      ▀█  █▀▀            ▀▀█  █▀
LUXCORE
██████████████▄
██          ██▀█▄
██  ██████  ██  ▀█▄
██  ██████  ██    ▀█
██  ██████  ████████
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ████████████  ██
██                ██
██  ███████       ██
██                ██
████████████████████
▬▬▬     DOWNLOAD WALLETS     ▬▬▬
| WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX | LUXBLOCKCHAIN |
████████      EXCHANGE      ████████

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
wavespump

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:21:48 AM

By diagreements I meant exactly what you have mentioned, BTG team not to fulfill all the conditions of safety Bittrex listing and exchange is insure itself.

Bittrex conditions:

Bitcoin Gold does not currently have:

Fully formed consensus code
Implemented replay protection
Adequate code for testing and auditing
Publicly known code developers

Bitcoin gold is a joke and drama product, it is worth nothing and force people to get it, I hope it will be dead after the hard fork. It is rape for bitcoin.
hic78

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:24:07 AM

WTF
Your Hashrate: 0.00 KSol/s
Pool Hash: 0.00 KSol/s
Net Hash: 353881.29 MSol/s

hello someone already mine the coin ??
  how did you get this result
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: