Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:47:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 11:36:02 AM

I was never away anyway ;-)

@Edgar

still waiting for the first coin too. Just courious to see it work. I promise I'll return it back or send it to the ixc donation address.

You've been around since 2011 but looks like you've been busy.  Grin

You guys don't have to return the coins - it's an IX giveaway.  Now if you're already large holders, then by all means, do feel free to send whatever your heart allows to the donation address. 

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zrataj

Activity: 20
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:42:30 AM

I will make a video on how to setup a paper wallet as I get home. I've tried it and I think it will be to complicated for non techy pepople. I think it could be something like this:

1. run a virtual machine from a usb stick (for advanced security disconnect all hdd)
2. install your printer without to connect to the internet ( pc has to be phisically disconnected from any network, wifi too!)
3. make and print paper wallet(s)
4. erase any traces of the process left in the computer (clear memory...)
5. import private key to existing wallet

The video will be a fool proof steb by step tutorial. Anyone has any suggestions on what to add? And one last question: anybody willing to offer her/his personal voice for the video? A "her" would be much appreciated.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 01:03:11 PM

I badly need something secure but paper wallets instinctively make me feel like I'm taking high risk.  But I'd like to see a video - would be a good way to at least diversify one's holdings to lower the risk of total loss (again).

We have a woman on-board:  Paging CINNAMON!!!

She's a bit on the shy side but I'm sure she'd be excited to lend us her voice.  I know I'm excited about the project.  Wink

I will make a video on how to setup a paper wallet as I get home. I've tried it and I think it will be to complicated for non techy pepople. I think it could be something like this:

1. run a virtual machine from a usb stick (for advanced security disconnect all hdd)
2. install your printer without to connect to the internet ( pc has to be phisically disconnected from any network, wifi too!)

The video will be a fool proof steb by step tutorial. Anyone has any suggestions on what to add? And one last question: anybody willing to offer her/his personal voice for the video? A "her" would be much appreciated.

zrataj

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:20:24 PM

paper wallets instinctively make me feel like I'm taking high risk.

May I ask why?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 01:37:07 PM

May I ask why?

I'm the kind of guy you may ask anything.

I said instinctively because I don't fully understand why. 

For one I'd have to erase the memory on my printer since it's connected to wifi and [historically] my router gets spoofed 24/7 by unknown parties.  Then I'd have to constantly worry about the fact that my billions of dollars are sitting on an easily destructible, bio-degradable storage device, a water/heat sensitive piece of paper.

Then there's the problem where I forget where I put my wallet which is why I haven't carried a wallet in over a decade.  lol

And of course, anybody can break into my chateau/castle and just take it [after waterboarding me and rearranging my pretty face]. 

Other than that I instinctively feel pretty good about the whole idea.  Grin

zrataj

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:16:27 PM

May I ask why?

I'm the kind of guy you may ask anything.

I said instinctively because I don't fully understand why. 

For one I'd have to erase the memory on my printer since it's connected to wifi and [historically] my router gets spoofed 24/7 by unknown parties.  Then I'd have to constantly worry about the fact that my billions of dollars are sitting on an easily destructible, bio-degradable storage device, a water/heat sensitive piece of paper.

Then there's the problem where I forget where I put my wallet which is why I haven't carried a wallet in over a decade.  lol

And of course, anybody can break into my chateau/castle and just take it [after waterboarding me and rearranging my pretty face]. 

Other than that I instinctively feel pretty good about the whole idea.  Grin

See, thats why I want to make this video. To clear up some things... Anyway for all who don't allready know that:

IF YOU WANT TO SECURE SOMETHING OR HAVE SOMETHING VALUABLE IN DIGITAL FORM, STAY THE F**K AWAY FROM THE INTERNET!!!

In my career I've seen it all. All things got hacked/cracked/bruteforced/reversed/cloned/emulated/stolen/... There's not a single electronic device I can think of that cant be hacked this days. Its only a matter of time and money. Smart cards of military grade for example. Just google around a little bit. So, to come back to the point. You mentioned you have a wifi printer? Stay away from it!

I've googled a little bit and found some cheap gear in my area. A working inkjet printer fo as little as 15€ and an old working notebook for 25. A quality (real) leather wallet costs more. You can use the gear only one time and then destroy it or use it exclusively for paper wallets. But one more time: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT INTERNET PHISICALY / STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET!

Just my 2 cents.
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:15:18 PM

Maybe this helps

-warning this is slightly old info from a few months back and has not been tested. Post below if you have used it.

ixcoin.wix.com/info#!Paper-Wallet-Generator/c1mbt/46DE121C-525A-4F1A-BFDB-B541B5547C85

Paper Wallet Generator

December 29, 2014

The Walletgenerator.net Team ( walletgenerator.net ) made an offiline wallet for Ixcoin. You can create one too following these instructions:

CREATE A PAPER WALLET

Download github.com/MichaelMure/WalletGenerator.net/archive/master.zip

NOW GO OFFLINE, BE SURE YOUR PC HAS NO MALWARE OF ANY KIND

Unzip it, click on "index.html"

Move your mouse around to generate random characters

Click on the right on "Choose currency", choose "iXcoin"

In "Single Wallet" click on "Generate new Address" : you will get:

-Public Address

-Secret Private Key

Print the Wallet and keep it in a safe place.

SEND COINS TO YOUR PAPER WALLET

Now send coins (start with a few if you are not sure) to your "Public Address"

Wait 10 minute and check if now this amount can be seen in the blockchain:

iXcoin Blockchain

You should be able to see it. Now they are in your paper wallet (they are in the blockchain, in reality).

REDEEM YOUR COINS (when ir will be neccessary or just to test the system)

How will you redeem your IXC in the future?

Download the last iXcoin QT wallet, sync the blockchain.

Now in the iXcoin QT wallet, go to "Help", then "Debug Window", "Console"

Write:

walletpassphrase "mywalletpassphrase" 600

("mywalletpassphrase"= it's the password of your QT-wallet, if you set one)

(600=seconds the encryption of the wallet will be disabled)

Then write:

importprivkey "mysecretprivatekey" "nameofthewallet"

("mysecretprivatekey" = it's the Secret Private Key you have previously generated)

("nameofthewallet" = just a name you give to the wallet)

With this last operation you didn't transfer coins, you simply added the address (used before as paper wallet) to your iXcoin QT wallet.

WARNING: never show your Secret Private Key to everybody. The only way to invalidate the old private key is transferring all the coins to a new address.

zrataj

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:51:58 PM

Maybe this helps

-warning this is slightly old info from a few months back and has not been tested. Post below if you have used it.

ixcoin.wix.com/info#!Paper-Wallet-Generator/c1mbt/46DE121C-525A-4F1A-BFDB-B541B5547C85

Paper Wallet Generator

December 29, 2014

The Walletgenerator.net Team ( walletgenerator.net ) made an offiline wallet for Ixcoin. You can create one too following these instructions:

CREATE A PAPER WALLET

Download github.com/MichaelMure/WalletGenerator.net/archive/master.zip

NOW GO OFFLINE, BE SURE YOUR PC HAS NO MALWARE OF ANY KIND

Unzip it, click on "index.html"

Move your mouse around to generate random characters

Click on the right on "Choose currency", choose "iXcoin"

In "Single Wallet" click on "Generate new Address" : you will get:

-Public Address

-Secret Private Key

Print the Wallet and keep it in a safe place.

SEND COINS TO YOUR PAPER WALLET

Now send coins (start with a few if you are not sure) to your "Public Address"

Wait 10 minute and check if now this amount can be seen in the blockchain:

iXcoin Blockchain

You should be able to see it. Now they are in your paper wallet (they are in the blockchain, in reality).

REDEEM YOUR COINS (when ir will be neccessary or just to test the system)

How will you redeem your IXC in the future?

Download the last iXcoin QT wallet, sync the blockchain.

Now in the iXcoin QT wallet, go to "Help", then "Debug Window", "Console"

Write:

walletpassphrase "mywalletpassphrase" 600

("mywalletpassphrase"= it's the password of your QT-wallet, if you set one)

(600=seconds the encryption of the wallet will be disabled)

Then write:

importprivkey "mysecretprivatekey" "nameofthewallet"

("mysecretprivatekey" = it's the Secret Private Key you have previously generated)

("nameofthewallet" = just a name you give to the wallet)

With this last operation you didn't transfer coins, you simply added the address (used before as paper wallet) to your iXcoin QT wallet.

WARNING: never show your Secret Private Key to everybody. The only way to invalidate the old private key is transferring all the coins to a new address.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. I've used it and it works, but we need a step by step video, which even an old grandma understands. But beat me, I can't remember with which version of the client I've imported the keys. Will post it next week.

P.s. do we need a special permission from walletgenerator.net for including their site in our video? Or is mentioning the source enough?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 05:00:08 PM

P.s. do we need a special permission from walletgenerator.net for including their site in our video? Or is mentioning the source enough?

What does that mean?  This is crypto - it's all open source [just mention the spirit of Satoshi].  Like the banner in my sig line, I saw it, I liked it so I took it, err, hacked it. 

We gotta keep it real in cryptoworld, brother.  At least until the patent lawyers come charging in. 

Thanks for the paper wallet advice, I may give it a try after I get the necessary gear. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 06:18:07 PM

Wow, he made the rich list with 21 coins.

There is hope for me after-all.  lol

Seriously, who wouldn't like to have gotten 10 or 20 free bitcoins?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 06:37:37 PM

I don't know how you guys feel about Charlie Shrem but I like him.

Therefore, I'm huntin' me some Shrem.  Smiley

As for Blockstream and its best core devs.  Ummm, I'm still working on ruining them and robbing them blind.  lol

Good news is I've had some real actual convos but haven't closed any deals.  Kinda hard when Bitcoin is at $670 and IX is at 5 pennies. 

Gonna have to remedy that issue soon!!!

zrataj

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:22:37 PM

Just to confirm coinomi is working flawlessly. Very good work to all involved. I've tried to involve some friends but unfortunately most of them use an iphone. But how does it go, you can't have a rainbow without rain ;-)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 07:47:14 PM

Just to confirm coinomi is working flawlessly. Very good work to all involved. I've tried to involve some friends but unfortunately most of them use an iphone. But how does it go, you can't have a rainbow without rain ;-)

I've got an iPhone too.  Hoping to get an android soonish [just for the Coinomi app]. 

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:02:49 AM

Good to see more people coming in.  Smiley

I was never away anyway ;-)

@Edgar

still waiting for the first coin too. Just courious to see it work. I promise I'll return it back or send it to the ixc donation address.

post your address again.

ive been blessed twice. but my shoddy internet on the beach hasnt let me see it until now

Many thanks for the 2 donations!!

Guitarr

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:27:04 AM

Thanks for the IXC Vlad2Vlad.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 11:35:35 AM

Thanks for the IXC Vlad2Vlad.

Thank the community, brother, it's mostly their coins.

Glad to have a new holder & community member.

Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:06:12 PM

Nowadays it's all difficult, even to distribute money for free.

I hate to say it. But sometimes I don't even pick a penny off the ground. Sometimes not even a dime. So for these systems you need to dl and install software just to get a dime. Well, you get my point.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 01:34:14 PM

I hate to say it. But sometimes I don't even pick a penny off the ground. Sometimes not even a dime. So for these systems you need to dl and install software just to get a dime. Well, you get my point.

Deadsea and I have discussed that very point.  A plan of attack is already in motion.  Let's see if it works.  It won't be cheap but it will be well worth it.

zrataj

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:11:54 PM

Hi guys its me again. Does somebody know a source to get ixcoins direct for cash or cc? There's a lot of interest but its still to complicated for the average joe to buy them. I thought for a ebay like, where you can simply buy anything with a CC, but there are other problems. Any idea?

zrataj

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:39:35 PM

Hmm. I've checked with ebay. Seems there should be no problem although I'm still reading trough the ToS. Anybody has a seller acc on ebay?
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: