Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:10:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:28:13 PM

someone send some IXC to xjSCfZLCGYFMzvvLQ48JZRcKGW2EdfLgZW please.
ayayay

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:42:21 PM

done

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain-based credit card payments for legal marijuana. ▬▬
...GREENMED.IO... ❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  slack  ❱❱❱ ......PRE-ICO | September4th, 2017
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ayayay

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:59:42 PM

got it

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain-based credit card payments for legal marijuana. ▬▬
...GREENMED.IO... ❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  slack  ❱❱❱ ......PRE-ICO | September4th, 2017
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 06:28:02 PM

Coinwallet.co works

Nice

Nice, how long until they integrate into the exchange.  Would be nice to trade this bad-boy.  Thx.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:03:43 AM

What is this?

Intexcoin (Ixc)

Another IXC?

http://www.eintexcoin.com/intexcoin-nedir/

Great, gonna have to blow them out of CryptoWorld!!!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:19:25 PM

Dear f2pool/CEX.io,

If you are interested in selling any of the IXC you are currently collecting in fees in exchange for cash or BTC please let us know; we would like to buy any excess iXcoins you may have.

Regards,

Vlad

Got a response from CEX:

---

Vlad,

We are considering to sell excess of IXC, but need some more time to think over, as there are more priority issues to be solved.

Please, let us know the price at which you'd be ready to buy IXC, and let us keep in touch.

Thank you!

CEX.io

---

We'll work on buying back some IXC if we can reach a reasonable price.  Then we'll figure out an optimal plan of action for those coins.

Cheers!

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:55:02 PM

With all the problems the merged mined SHA256 coins have had with "exchanges", I wonder if the "moneychanger bots" approaches I was using years ago (when there were hardly any altcoins around) might be worth updating and re-deploying?

Originally I wrote them as IRC-bots, but of course IRC is kind of insecure, so to use them with "real money" on IRC would require re-implementing them based on the "gribble" bot, where any action that needs to be secure requires the user to pgp-sign a security-response issued by the bot.

Their back-ends though were shell-scripts, so that the back end functionality can be used by anything that can issue a system-call to the shell to secute system-commands on the server.

Thus it was relatively simple to modify in-game bots such as bartenders in guildhouses in Crossfire RPG and MUD-characters run by tinyfugue MUD-clients.

Unlike IRC, with Crossfire RPG and with MUDs one can use ssh-type connections; I am not sure offhand whether Crossfire RPG servers and clients have built-in ability to allow ssh-type connections, but CoffeeMUD does and so does the TinyFugue MUD-client, and of course even if the Crossfire-RPG clients and servers do not natively support secure connections one could always set up proxies or pipes using ssh itself, albeit that might not be real popular with grandmothers and the like.

Basically what these bots do is provide a logged-on (in IRC or whatever online game the bot is running in/on) access to accounts on a coin daemon, using the coin daemon's own built-in (and primitive) "accounts" system, and also maintain per-currency accounts for a number of currencies so as to enable moneychanging.

This is different from trading on an exchange because you do not get to place offers.

The bots thus do not need to maintain a database of how much who is offering of what for what.

Instead what they do is use the coin daemon accounts system to keep accounts of how much of each type of coin they bought with which other type of coin so as to in effect "back" each coin with the coins they have bought with it.

For example suppose the bot buys some IXCoin using BiTCoin. The IXC that it bought USING BTC goes into a fund it can then use to buy BTC with IXC.

If it also happens to buy some IXC with NaMeCoin, that IXC goes into a separate account, so that it can then use it to buy NMC.

The IXC it bought with BTC will only be used to buy BTC, the IXC it bought with NMC will only be used to buy NMC and so on for all the coin-pairs.

That way it kind of tries to act like a nation's bank or reserves, backing a coin by using other coins to buy it with; but it does that for all the currencies, so the one bot could be used by all the nations to back their own currencies with reserves of all the other currencies.

The main reason for all this was that among the very first "altcoins" were the national coins of the Brits (United Kingdom Britcoins, UKB), Canucks (Canadian Digital Notes, CDN), Martians (Martian BotCoins, MBC), and United Nations (United Nations Scrip, UNS) and the corporate coins/funds of General Mining Corp (General Mining Corp scrip, GMC) and General Retirement Funds (General Retirement Funds scrip, GRF), and the ubiquitous bitNicKeL, NKL, all of which were at that time early-model blockchain-based currencies that were implemented before GRouPcoin and DeVCoin, using ancient bitcoin code, by modifying the code to have the -testnet flag of the client activate an alternative blockchain instead of the bitcoin testnet. (So that users could use just one client to access bitcoin and their game-nation or game-corporation's national or corporate coin simply by using the -testnet setting.)

Thus the majority of the coins the bots originally supported were national/corporate coins, so that the basic core concept of "backing" a currency with "reserves" was a core concept.

(The game-nations and game-corporations behind UKB, CDN, MBC, UNS, GMC, GRF and NKL were strong proponents of the idea that minting and issuing a coin without standing behind it by being ready willing and able to "buy it back" was essential/important.)

So anyway, the basic idea here is that maybe "exchanges" are not really that good for us, because they keep unlisting us if they do not see "volume" to get fees from, whereas these "moneychangers" do not care about volume as they do not need to track thousands of offers other people are making but instead just need to stand ready to buy back any coins they have sold, using the coins they sold them for, in order to provide "backing" for the coins they support.

Historic and current exchange-rates are shown at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

(Assume some markup or markdown will be applied of course, selling at higher than listed rate and buying at lower than listed rate. Smiley)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:08:23 AM

Truly amazing Markm.

How much for you to implement this?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 06:25:46 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 06:37:22 AM by markm

It is not a matter of "how much", it is that every time I have implemented this stuff people ended up not bothering to use it.

Usually players join clans, guilds, societies or whatever, basically they organise into groups, and the guild or clan or whatever officers do the financial dealings; plus of course not all clans clubs nations corporations or whatever necessarily want to trade with each other, so often players prefer to be shown who is offering what for sale at what price so they can choose to support their friends and allies, and try to avoid enriching folks they do not like, by being able to pick and choose who they deal with.

Afterall, is it really cheaper to buy cheap from folks who will use the proceeds to build nukes or deathstars to attack you with than to pay higher prices to allies who will use the proceeds to strengthen your alliance-group's defenses?

Stuff that folks aren't using much tends not to be prioritised when choosing what part of the multiverse / metagame to work on next...

And once someone is logged into Crossfire RPG or CoffeeMUD MUD or whatever they maybe actually prefer to just chat with their guild officers to arrange money-changing and such than having to go through a bot aka non-player-character.

Or they find there are other in-game things they'd prefer to see worked on, since usually exchanging currencies is not something that needs to be done often. For example if you are a Brits and trade with the Canucks you can just pay them Britcoins instead of Canadian Digital Notes, leaving it to their respective Ministers of Finance to exchange in bulk if over time trade turns out to be unbalanced.

(Often it is considered simpler to only use a currency as a unit of measure to measure how much wheat I owe you for all that lemonade you shipped to my mine-workers or whatever instead of actually being passed from hand to hand. Like hey I'll buy a bitcoin's worth of wagonloads of orange juice from you if you'll buy a bitcoin's worth of wagonloads of beer from me kind of thing; if trade is balanced the "cost in money" of trade is a wash. If you aren't buying bitcoins worth of my products why would I buy from you if someone who does want my products can offer me the products that I want?)

...Also if/when Open Transactions settles on a final format for its data and contracts and accounts and nyms and such there will be much work done to get everything based onto Open Transactions again so there is also the "if I put off fiddling with it long enough I'll be able to do it using Open Transactions" factor.

Maybe having this chat inside RPG or MUD instead of on this forum might help, since time I am spending here is time I am not spending in MUD or in RPG, and this input interface I am typing this post into does not support the ability for me to be running and testing bots inside this same interface while we chat here... Smiley

In MUD or RPG we could be actually chatting with the bot while we chat about it. Smiley

Coin RPC calls haven't really changed over the years, nor has the bash shell nor unix commands, so it might be surprising how easy it could be to put the parts back together to get that stuff up and running again.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 07:54:44 AM

electrum-ixc confirmed working. managed to recieve the IXC. someone would have to do a windows compile once i upload the source code somewhere. will start on the coinomi work today
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 01:21:18 PM

electrum-ixc confirmed working. managed to recieve the IXC. someone would have to do a windows compile once i upload the source code somewhere. will start on the coinomi work today

Sounds like coinimi will be fully integrated by end of this month.  That would fantastic!

photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 01:25:53 AM

I enjoyed markm's post will look into this when time allows

Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:28:31 AM

It almost sounds like you are speaking of creating the bitcointalk 2.0 forum world RPG/MUD.  Vlad would be the crazy guy in the corner mumbling to himself.

Maybe having this chat inside RPG or MUD instead of on this forum might help, since time I am spending here is time I am not spending in MUD or in RPG, and this input interface I am typing this post into does not support the ability for me to be running and testing bots inside this same interface while we chat here... Smiley

In MUD or RPG we could be actually chatting with the bot while we chat about it. Smiley

Coin RPC calls haven't really changed over the years, nor has the bash shell nor unix commands, so it might be surprising how easy it could be to put the parts back together to get that stuff up and running again.

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 06:32:33 AM

It almost sounds like you are speaking of creating the bitcointalk 2.0 forum world RPG/MUD.  Vlad would be the crazy guy in the corner mumbling to himself.

Shouting to myself and everyone else.  I rarely mumble.  lol

I don't think RPG's are legal here Mark so I probably won't be able to join; still working on PGPs.  Wink

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 12:30:49 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 01:32:03 AM by cinnamon_carter

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Question is this a valid key for you Vlad

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
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=OWVi
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

I'm just gonna leave this right here:

Vlad
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
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=slcP
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
[/s]

post updated /modified 3-5-16

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 06:31:23 AM

Cinnamon, that's not a valid key anymore.  I deleted my post.  Maybe you can delete that last post or edit my key out of it.  Thx.  

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 08:25:49 AM

Does anyone have any blocks of 100,000 IXCoins or I0Coins to sell?

If so please specify how many such blocks and at what price per block...

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 02:00:58 PM

Does anyone have any blocks of 100,000 IXCoins or I0Coins to sell?

If so please specify how many such blocks and at what price per block...

-MarkM-

Dang dude, you stealin' my style.

What's your plan if you get some big blocks? 

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 01:30:44 AM

I will modify that post Vlad if that key is no longer valid.  I take your word over the fact that it is still considered valid as published.  Perhaps you should revoke that key if you can here are some basic directions to do so.

http://www.pgp.net/pgpnet/pgp-faq/pgp-faq-key-revocation.html

Maybe you can post a new valid public pgp key for yourself Vlad when you have time.

Unrelated / I read your tweet about bitcoin and sidechains.

Since 'sidechains' as related to bitcoin can mean many different things may I suggest caution using terminology.  Please don't take with disrespect Vlad I am not trying to pick on you this applies to all of us .....

------- for a moment think of 'sidechains' as the phrase 'delivery' .....

You can deliver a pizza, bad news, good news, packages , telegrams, a slap to the face or many other things.  

While this is not complete or written by me below is a very basic definition of the 'broad' way sidechains can be considered when speaking of bitcoin. If you read other links , posts in this forum or code on github you will see sidechains becomes an even more complex rubber stamp that can mean different things......

http://gendal.me/2014/10/26/a-simple-explanation-of-bitcoin-sidechains/

The word 'sidechain' next to bitcoin or any coin be it iX ect..... is very ambiguous and can mean many different things.

In general I notice use of 'lingo' by some people I read or hear (even lectures I hear that were recorded at conferences) using words like 'blockchains' , 'sidechains' ect.... that to me border on not making sense or imply the speaker either does not understand the 'lingo' or is using it in a way that is unclear.

My suggestion to anyone is when using these 'buzzwords' to be very specific in exactly what you mean. In fact to be very clear to your audience a link to code or at least a diagram for those who are not used to reading code may be a good idea.

I realize that I am in the minority of people who 'over analyze everything'  hiowever ............ for ixcoin , bitcoin, any coin to grow and be successful; language  must move into common slang or talk and mean the same thing for everyone. --

This I feel is something that is a problem for bitcoin and all similar digital currencies !!!

Everyone knows what you mean when you say you are going to 'withdraw money from an atm' , ' wait for your check to clear' , or 'deposit a check'  since  these terms have been used for many years ......

Until the language and vocabulary of experimental digital currencies is perfected (which may take several years) throwing around buzzwords like 'the blockchain' and  'sidechains' can possibly cause confusion to those new or still learning about these things or even people who do understand them !!

An accepted vocabulary is a complex problem that no one can easily solve --- it will take time for lingo to become accepted ---   Until that day we (when I say we I mean those who do understand more than the average person and anyone who is trying to make public statements to validate a point)  should try to take care and phrase what we say /write ect.... with clarity.  

difficulty" : 699571965.84878230,

Cinnamon, that's not a valid key anymore.  I deleted my post.  Maybe you can delete that last post or edit my key out of it.  Thx.  

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 08:16:55 AM

Thanks Cinnamon for that explanation.  When I say IX and sidechains I'm simply referring to IxCoin getting pegged to Bitcoin.  That's all.  Unfortunately I don't understand other meanings so maybe that's the problem.

Let's do lunch in Italy [soon(ish] and we'll hammer out all these silly misunderstandings.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: