Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:01:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

Congratulations to i0coin and it's current spike in price. And ix has recovered from the drop to .01.

However not sure why zebedee fuds ix and then buys i0. Common man, same team. Ixcoin is the canary in coal mine. If it dies, what does that say bout bitcoin?

Why would anyone continue to mine bitcoin once all coins are out?

Thanks for your continued support and concern for our health.

JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:08:16 PM

Sir, we have breach in the system

FREEDOM
zrataj

Activity: 20
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:40:38 PM

You iXcoiners were given a glimpse of your future by ATC, "the real(tm) altcoin".  Lulz.

The history and all its lessons lives, for now, at http://atc.blockr.io/

It's 5,000 hours since the last block.  That's what happens when your difficulty is orders of magnitude above your maximum best potential outcome for your miner slaves.  iXcoin has been in the same boat for far too long.  When some pool decides supporting this shit cost them more than 0.001 BTC you can kiss your remaining hashrate goodbye.  The above tombstone URL is my courtesy for your eternal reference.

I found this on another forum posted by an anonymus. I couldn't say it better myself so i will put a qute.

If digital currencies are to survive the rape by world banksters, you're going to need several dozen equivalent digital currencies competing with each other, even if they are essentially identical to bitcoin.

They need to become to big to fail and keep the powers to be from shutting down a new, yet equivalent currencies.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 04:04:53 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 04:25:36 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Donations guys or free work. Ixc has been left behind to die alone.
We need a decent website, an update and volume. And this is only the starting point.

Plus: I would like to "recollect" the 2.76% premine and burn it.
If you agree with this last proposal let me know: we have 580k IXC to collect and destroy.
At the actual price of 2 cent, it means 580000/50= 11600$

We will need to make the burning of the premine public, using an above any suspect and doubt method.

I think that's a good plan but have the premine paid off.  Remove the black mark.

I may be able to help if Gox 2.0 doesn't happen.

As for the work needing to be done; regrettably, my skillset doesn't include what's needed here.  

We have some long-time holders here, surely someone has the skills to help out.  

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Nasakloto

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:46:16 PM

Let's create a  wallet
Nasaki0t0

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:59:20 PM

I think the reason some have expressed distaste for the "premine" is the inevitable dumping power by the owner of the premine.

Ergo, even IF the community collects x amount of ixcoins to burn it still doesn't negate the original leftover stash that is still sitting there. Only if thomas the original burns his will it mean anything, and for that reason, I'm out.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 09:28:58 PM

I think the reason some have expressed distaste for the "premine" is the inevitable dumping power by the owner of the premine.

Ergo, even IF the community collects x amount of ixcoins to burn it still doesn't negate the original leftover stash that is still sitting there. Only if thomas the original burns his will it mean anything, and for that reason, I'm out.

Thomas Nasakioto will do what's in the best long term interest of iXcoin and the iXcoin community.  That said, he originally ear-marked a portion of the premine for long term development, marketing etc.  It would be a good to not have to beg for money or sell out to the banks like Bitcoin has. 

That said, we do have to deal with the premine issue soon.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:46:35 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 09:12:51 AM by markm

I thought he had been turning up again every few months or years and paying out various previously agreed upon bounties and such?

Presumably the original pre-mine can be traced on the blockchain to see how much of it never went anywhere and where any that has gone somewhere went?

I have often wondered how there were any coins left whose holder could afford to dump them dirt cheap, I figured a few times all those weak hands would have dumped all they had yet still somehow more turn up being dumped. When CEX discontinued IXCoin their price aparently droppd all the way to 1000 satoshis so presumably now someone or someones are all loaded up with dirt cheap coins again. I hope at least some of those dirt cheap coins were grabbed by some strong hands...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 07:25:25 AM

I thought he had been turning up again every few months or years and paying out various previously agreed upon bounties and such?

Presumably the original pre-mine can be traced on the blockchain to see how much of it never went anywhere and where any that has gone somewhere went?

I have often wondered how there were any coins left whose holder could aford to dump them dirt cheap, I figured a few times all those weak hands would have dumped all they had yet still somehow more turn up being dumped. When CEX discontinued IXCoin their price aparently droppd all the way to 1000 satoshis so presumably now someone or someones are all loaded up with dirt cheap coins again. I hope at least some of those dirt cheap coins were grabbed by some strong hands...

-MarkM-

Thomas Nasakioto hasn't posted or written me in a year.  His longest break [before I arrived] was 2 years.  I do wish he would say something, I need to hear from him, even if it's just Merry Christmas.

So IXC hit 1,000 Sat?  I called for 2,000 sat months ago so in a way I'm glad my predictive [instinct] algo is functioning properly.

I wouldn't worry about all those IXC being in strong hands.  Just my instinct; but I think they're in the kind of hands that will never sell, cause they didn't buy them to make money.  Much like I was buying so much largely for the future voting and influence power.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 08:23:04 AM

Thomas Nasakioto isn't dead, although I would be worried if I were him.

He can't be dead.  He has to come claim his glory for I cannot take what's rightfully his.

Unless I'm wrong about IXC; then I'll take the fall for all the madness I spun around this coin and its community. 

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 09:31:02 AM

Despite Thomas used a half in bounties, the doubt he used aliases to 'donate' coins to himself will always remain in people minds. We must burn 580k IXC.

Only burning those actual coins, the ones created as the bounty pool, is any point; just burning any arbitrary coins would simply make the potential impact of any whales of that size all the more scary, since they would then be a larger proportion of all the remaining coins.

If you have actually been watching coins being dumped all the various times they were dumped you would surely be aware that it would not be hard to have 580k coins by now, several people could easily have at least that much, and of course the owners of merged mining pools that included IXCoin in their merge could also easily have that much even if they didn't get that many only by mining but maybe also by being buyer of last resort like anyone else who picked up all the dirt cheap IXCoins that have been dumped over the years.

Someone said that is over 11k dollars? For gosh sakes that means it is maybe about ten or less over-1k-dollar bitcoins! Less than twenty or thirty current-day bitcoins (I haven't really watched U.S. dollar values on bitcoins, here in Canada they have been over six hundred dollars each lately.)

I suggest anyone who is worried about the impact 580k IXCoins could have simply pick up 600+k of them themself, it would not be hard to have done over last year or two might not be all that hard to do starting from none today. See if you can manage to build the price up to 10k satoshis before finding you already have that many or more, if so it'd be interesting to see how many days you could keep the price at 10k+ satoshis without finding you have had more than that many dumped on you!

Gosh knows I have found it amazing how many coins get dumped long before I manage to push my buy-side stack of offers that high, and I pile that stack each 5 satoshis of price not every single satoshi of price like I do with I0Coin because IXCoins just get dumped that much more eagerly than I0Coins!

Which reminds me, the whole point of I0Coin is that it has no pre-mine, it is explicitly and deliberately created precisely for the purpose of leaving IXCoin's pre-mined coins out of the matter, so that anyone who does find the pre-mine problematic can simply use I0Coin instead of IXCoin.

So for gosh sakes just go buy some I0Coin instead if the pre-mine worries you!

Look at its buy-side depth, there is 100 coins buy offer at each and every satoshi of price all the way from 1 satoshi on up for gosh sakes! I simply have not been able to afford to build IXCoin's buy-side that densely because dumpers are just so so much more eager to dump IXCoins than I0Coins!

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:47:21 AM

Thomas Nasakioto will do what's in the best long term interest of iXcoin and the iXcoin community.
Lol, the delusion runs deeper than I thought.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:45:51 PM

Now that CEX has removed Ixcoin from merged mining, is it possible to send and receive Ixcoin from other wallets?
I want to send my Ixcoin from CEX to my wallet.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:32:08 PM

The coin looks to be dying, lucky that I didnt invested in it.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 02:05:50 PM

Thomas Nasakioto will do what's in the best long term interest of iXcoin and the iXcoin community.
Lol, the delusion runs deeper than I thought.

Well-filled, shaken together and overflowing.  lol

Zeb, brother, I'll never live this down if you turn out to be right after all the trash talking I've done.   Smiley

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 07:23:15 AM

Deadsea, my heart jumped when I saw your avatar.  Man, I wish you wouldn't do stuff like that.  lol

With all these fake Nasakioto accounts and now your avatar it's almost like the real Nasakioto is losing his identity or value.  Not sure if whoever is doing this meant it as a joke or if this was the desired outcome.

I.AM.THOMAS.NASAKIOTO

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 11:34:46 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 12:36:57 PM by markm

I didn't say the pre-mine hasn't been spent, I asked whether anyone had checked whether it has been.

I thought Thomas had paid out various bounties, but whether he did so from pre-mined coins or other coins of his own I do not know.

Really the pre-mine has historically been such a low total value of coins that it would hardly have been worth spending yet anyway, if one desired to hand out bounties whose dollar-value looked tempting to folk only interested in the actual dollar value of a bounty rather than what its value would be when the coin hit, say, one dollar per coin.

That is why it has so far seemed to me folks might as well just buy a bunch of the coins themselves before doing whatever work to help the coin rather than bother with bounties; it is not as if we could even offer $25 an hour pay for work on the coin if we tried to use the pre-mine to pay for work to be done, whereas anyone actually worth that much or more per hour could relatively easily spend that much on buying coins each hour they work on the coin simply by also doing an hour of paid work on the side too to earn some cash to buy the coin with.

If we can get a block explorer for $100/year how long would the pre-mine last if we had been spending it at that rate, or if we started to do so?

Seems likely it'd be better to let someone spend $100 on buying the coins and $100 on paying for a block-explorer, if having the block explorer would help their investment in coins double-or-more in value.

If we still have the pre-mine handy when the coin reaches a dollar per coin in price we'd have $580,000 to spend on bounties or whatever, at that point it could maybe actually do some good.

At current/historical prices the coin isn't really worth spending, that is a huge reason why I have seldom been tempted to try to use them to pay to have things done. Better to pay for stuff using DeVCoin shares, which are still being minted, until the coins are worth enough that the actual dollar amounts such bounties or pay would be worth would start to look tempting to folk who aren't looking to hold the coin a few years hoping it will eventually become worth something.

In the old days I used to keep my IXCoins and I0Coins offline, figuring I would not even bother to fire up a client to look how many such coins I even had until they reached a dollar or so a coin; I had maybe about 20k or more of each coin back then and figured it wasn't even worth my time to go look how many until I expected to find I had twenty grand or so in dollars in them.

Similarly thus when thinking about bounties: if the receiver of the bounty was not thinking in terms of 1000 coins being $1000 or more why even bother; wait instead for someone who would instead throw $1000 into buying the coins expecting once they did whatever work they had in mind the coins they'd bought with their $1000 would be worth $2000 or more. That there would be some work actually worth paying for, so they would not need us to pay them for it because they could pay themselves out of the profit they made on the coins they held. In fact they could choose to buy $2000 worth of coins before doing the work, so that they'd end up making two grand instead of only one grand for the work once the work did double the value of the coins! Or they could buy $100,000 worth of the coins then do the work, and thus end up getting 100 grand for the work! Etcetera!

Figure out how much coin you need to hold in order for the increase in coin value your work creates to work out to a nice pay per hour, basically! Smiley

Me I put in endless hours year after year just typing in buy offers to try to stack up a nice buy-side, and so far I am losing money on those hours working at a cost spending hours while still the coin keeps going down in value, so losing on thousands of hours of labour in addition to any losses from the coins I hold and keep buying losing value. This experience is why I said I would not be surprised to find just getting the buy side built back up to the 10,000 satoshis per coin that I consider to be a minimal, low-end value, a mere partial recovery, seems very likely to leave who-ever does it holding more coins than the pre-mine was; I have seen just how many coins get dumped constantly forcing the buy-side pile back down long before it even gets back to the pathetic, low-value price of 10,000 that I had managed to build it up to on Vircurex before Vircurex stopped honouring the bitcoins I tried to deposit. (That last 2 bitcoins I sent there they STILL have not credited to my account, so I started over on Cryptsy and have a surprising amount of coins there now starting from scratch without getting near 10,000 satoshis per coin yet. I think 7200 was highest I got it to before CEX folks initiated huge new wave of dumping by stopping their mining and trading of the coin.)

Also, I already pay for three dedicated fixed-IP servers, on which I run nodes with open ports that clients can connect to; would it cost another $100 per year on top of what I already pay for those servers to have a block-explorer running there too? I do not happen to know of a git clone -> git pull I could do on one of those machines that would result in a running block explorer though. Historically I was more pressing for fixes to p2pool that would have let people who mined at the p2pool instance I ran there to get paid not only for the bitcoins mined but also for the secondary merged mined coins such as IXCoin the p2pool I ran there was also mining. So never even thought about putting a block explorer there since I had not even managed to get a p2pool working in the way that would have actually paid miners the merged mined coins as well as the bitcoins they mined.

Do other merged mined coins have block-explorers? How are they doing so? DeVCoin for example, is it giving out a share to a block-expolorer-admin to maintain a block explorer? Or is someone donating money to pay some commercial block explorer site to keep DeVCoin in its collection of chains it explores? Or does DeVCoin too not have a block-explorer? If not or it could use another maybe someone interested in such things could make one that explores DeVCoin as well as IXCoin and get a DeVCoin share for doing so as long as DeVCoin is one of the coins it explores?

Or maybe exploring could be added as a compile option into the IXCoin daemon so all three public IXCoin nodes I already run could suddenly also serve as explorers?

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:20:55 PM

Prove me wrong, Vlad: IXC's dev ended up like NMC's dev and the dear Hal, all in the same place.
Once Thomas helps to burn the premine (e.g. send the coins to a bogus address), I will believe you are right. From what I see, your chances are very low.
On my side I have:
- no email/log in in one year
- no spent premine (MarkM says)
- no renewal of ixcoin.org
All signs matching a dead person status.

The fact Thomas didn't spend $8 to renew iXcoin.org or simply ask me to do it and thus, losing such an important asset is a terrible sign of something being wrong.  If he ain't dead then he's probably hanging with Satoshi and he's never coming back.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:43:20 PM

Maybe he changed email address, I know I have domains that would have expired if the notices had been going to one of the many email addresses that I do not actually read anymore, let alone if they had been going to one of the hundreds of email addresses I used to run on my own servers back when I used to bother running email services on my own servers. (I had so many because back then each place I corresponded with had its own alias to send to so I would know who had given an address out to spammers by which alias the spam was sent to.)

So I could easily see someone failing to notice a domain expire even if they had websites running on it, how often do I visit some of the websites I do still have, heck I keep thinking I should put back up one of the services-monitors site scripts that used to show me little green or red lights for each service on each machine, I am back up to so many machines just in my house weeks can go by before I notice one of them rebooted or glitched so is not running what I months ago told it to run... And all my email addresses on any of my knotwork domains have been offline for years now, gosh knows what emails are still going out to those.

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:44:21 PM

I've never posted [publicly] any of my private conversations with Thomas Nasakioto but given the fact that it now looks like he may be gone for good I should post my last conversation with him from a year ago.  Besides this post he also gave me the login credentials to the .org site which of course is pointless now.

Cheers!

Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: