Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:31:44 PM

naw, what I see is that cex and f2 pool were bad partners in that they ramped up the hash so high ixc community didnt have a chance in hell of upgrading the software. IF the new version of ixc comes out it will allow things like counterparty on ixc.

ie: they have kept ixc hostage, because ixc and i0 threaten bitcoin

Also note, this could become a reality.

....... snip

are you aware of the potential for entirely decentralized cross-chain exchanges?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193281.msg6487835#msg6487835

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=515370.0

imagine if ix and i0 implemented atomic cross chain trading. or all of the merge mined coins did atomic trades between themselves and bitcoin.

.....snip

The latest version allows transfers between chains as long as 1 of them supports non-standard transactions.

One man's trash is another man's treasure!

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:06:48 PM

Now that CEX.IO is not going to mine Ixcoin anymore, do you have any exchange to buy Ixcoin? I have heard of many complaints in Cryptsy about delayed withdrawal. Is this the end of Ixcoin?

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:13:34 PM

If Counterparty type protocols work on bitcoin presumably they should be able to work on IXCoin.

I have not tried to withdraw IXCoins from Cryptsy but have been withdrawing other coins frequently without problems.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:19:41 PM

naw, what I see is that cex and f2 pool were bad partners in that they ramped up the hash so high ixc community didnt have a chance in hell of upgrading the software. IF the new version of ixc comes out it will allow things like counterparty on ixc.

....... snip

are you aware of the potential for entirely decentralized cross-chain exchanges?

imagine if ix and i0 implemented atomic cross chain trading. or all of the merge mined coins did atomic trades between themselves and bitcoin.

.....snip

The latest version allows transfers between chains as long as 1 of them supports non-standard transactions.

Interesting insight!  Thx!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Nasakiotoes

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:59:37 PM

I guess the idea being that when faced with possible extinction, evolution is forced.

The funny thing is that the "bitcoin copies" ie: merge mined sha256d coins are not pure copies of bitcoin. This group already has been faced with an extinction event, hence the upgrade that is the merge mine.

Therefore it would make sense that the next evolution for this group would be atomic transactions.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 08:45:29 PM

I guess the idea being that when faced with possible extinction, evolution is forced.

The funny thing is that the "bitcoin copies" ie: merge mined sha256d coins are not pure copies of bitcoin. This group already has been faced with an extinction event, hence the upgrade that is the merge mine.

Therefore it would make sense that the next evolution for this group would be atomic transactions.

There are only a handful of guys in crypto that would have your insight.  Thanks for not giving up!  Wink

But isn't IXC a true copy of BTC, the truest in CryptoWorld?

Why would they be worried about IXC threatening BTC when it's clear the Chinese are piggy backing BTC which is the primary horse of the west?  Why waste millions of $$& merge mining IXC when they could have easily killed it?  The Chinese delayed the inevitable, and now it appears they wanna let it run.

So let's make it run!!! 

What do we need?!??

And do we want a massive hash from f2/CEX then?  Sounds like yes but only after a proper code update and then maybe a guarantee no more hostage games.

kraizi

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:43:48 PM

I wonder how much ixc hash mmpool will have once cex and f2 drop out. Will ixc finally get its updates?

Ixcoin TODO:

1. Do not die
2. HuhHuh?
3. Profit.

What's I0 coin's hash?  They got dropped like IXC is about to get dropped.  I had a feeling this was gonna happen but I hoped I would be wrong.  Tragic, these old blockchains hold serious value but in the end it's all about timing and perhaps that's what we missed.

The fact is ALL altcoins are hurting at this time.  iXcoin has weathered other crises and it will weather this one too. 
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:28:16 PM

Hahaha.  I'm crying and laughing at the same time.  It's like dancing with the devil when dealing with CEX.

Now I gotta hear Zebedee gloat.  I'm not sure which is worse.

This is the worst news possible at this point and I think getting dropped from Shapeshift had a lot more to do with this.  Lack of top security makes any coin worthless.
Dude, the writing's been on the wall since 2012.  What did you expect?
Nasakiotoes

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:59:58 PM

KnCMiner’s Director or Marketing, Nanok Ƀie, recently laid out a plan on his popular blog Webonanza, titled ‘It’s not too late to save Ethereum.’  The post  addressed several problems, including the funding shortage that the project faces, a lack of coherent direction, and the lack of security in its’ present mining state. In the post dated Oct 1, Ƀie argued that using a blockchain that could be merge-mined with bitcoin, much like Namecoin, would solve a lot of the project’s problems.

However, upon learning about Rootstock just six days later, Ƀie had a quick change of heart:

“UPDATE (Oct 7) – wait… actually, backtrack that – maybe it is too late. Rootstock looks exactly like what I’ve been wishing for, without the troubles of actually moving Ethereum and it’s investors onto the main chain. Things move fast in Bitcoin speed.”

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/rootstock-is-coming-are-ethereums-days-numbered-or-will-the-18-million-dollar-idea-survive/

Highlighting the network effect.  Highlighting security of merge mining.

Nasakiotoes

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:07:19 PM

So it appears that the sha256d merge mined coins still have network effect.  And Still have the best security.

The merge mined technology (which bitcoin DOESNT have btw) is very powerful and should not be under estimated.

Hahaha.  I'm crying and laughing at the same time.  It's like dancing with the devil when dealing with CEX.

Now I gotta hear Zebedee gloat.  I'm not sure which is worse.

This is the worst news possible at this point and I think getting dropped from Shapeshift had a lot more to do with this.  Lack of top security makes any coin worthless.
Dude, the writing's been on the wall since 2012.  What did you expect?

Right. And Bitcoin is the next. Lol.

http://bitcoinagile.com/479DDF/circle-bitreserve-and-bitpay-are-turning-their-backs-on-bitcoin-business-insider_stream

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 08:52:32 PM

So it appears that the sha256d merge mined coins still have network effect.  And Still have the best security.

The merge mined technology (which bitcoin DOESNT have btw) is very powerful and should not be under estimated.

What?  Are you hitting me with riddles now?   lol

Why would Bitcoin need merge mined technology and isn't it just some "magic numbers" which could be added if it ever did need it?  Merged mined coins do have network effect, LITERALLY.  I wish that Bitcoin network effect would somehow translate into the [social] network effect which would lead to mass adoption and of course, higher price.

kraizi

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:31:02 PM

....... snip

.....snip

I found this.  Coincer is an open source p2p exchange based on the Atomic protocol.  It's still in development so not ready for use yet, but it looks promising.  As of protocol #3 it appears to use standard Bitcoin transactions, which means we should be able to use it with iXcoin without modifying our wallet.  We should keep an eye on this if we want to create a decentralized exchange for merge mined coins.

http://www.coincer.org/

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:17:44 AM

This coin just doesnt die, its fascinating, its one of the first altcoins out there, and it still has a vibrant community.
kraizi

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:52:03 PM

This coin just doesnt die, its fascinating, its one of the first altcoins out there, and it still has a vibrant community.

That's right, so what are you waiting for.  Come join the party!
kraizi

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:30:38 PM

ixcoin will be here, so it seems.

http://www.redsys1.com  (beta I guess)

If so, it means "only" these services:

- Debit Card
- Cold/Hot Wallet
- Merchant integration
- Currency chosen automatically or manually

IF secure, this kind of services will make cryptos available to masses in a frictionless way.

Has anyone been able to create an account here?  They don't appear to be active yet.
kraizi

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:37:53 PM

Seven coins removed from Shapeshift.io: low tx volume

https://shapeshift.io/site/blog/2015/11/11/shapeshift-removes-seven-coins-exchange

I agree with Cinnamon, shapeshift.io would have been a game changer*:

https://news.bitcoin.com/accepted-10000-coinify-merchants-take-15-new-cryptos/

As a community I think one thing we need to do better is to support services which will be helpful to ixcoin's future.  Some in the community do a great job getting ixc listed on sites, and then no one uses them and ixcoin gets dropped.  So we should make it a point to use them.  If we don't who else will.

kraizi

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:42:42 PM

You want something better than shapeshift.io?
e-coin.com
They will add some coins in the next 3-6 months. Be on it? Game changer: it means to store your ixcoins with a bank-like security, spend them everywhere using a credit card.
Store, be paid and pay everybody using ixcoin? Awesome

Thanks.  Keep us posted.  Is e-coin definitely going to support ixcoin?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 10:27:36 AM

Not decided yet.  We need to give them reasons to do it. For sure volume, an updated client and a decent website are among them. Another way? Be present in occasions like this:

http://insidebitcoins.com/san-diego/2015/agenda#t1d3at900

PS From tomorrow onward we will get turbulence: fast your belt. We are flying at 908 million in difficulty. Let's see what it will be in a few days. Delays in txs, drop in price and higher volumes should be expected.

Man, if I make it back to the U.S. I'll do my best to make it to this event.  We really do need to get someone face to face with these billionaires.  Someone needs to shock them into seeing the truth [which is iX].  lol

Nasakiotoes

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:48:31 PM

Lets think critically for a second. Ixcoin is not really used for anything, and of course neither is 99.9% of altcoins, so really everyone is in the same boat. Sure there are a few coins, such as blake or digi, that have some interesting schemes to provide buy pressure but no one is getting any real adoption.

To simplify this argument, there is no reason to use ixcoin or any alt to buy things, and barely a reason to use bitcoin. Without realizing this it will be a futile cycle of getting accepted by a business one week and droped the next.

Any business that accepts ixcoin or any alt for that matter is really only interested in the bottom line, and quite frankly, low volume = low fees = low profits. A business will never be altruistic.

The current train of thought is to jump start a crypto economy using ixcoin as that spark. Or monero, or dash, or ltc, or ppc, or i0 respectively, etc. Look at the amount of work bts and nxt communities do to jump start their economy. So ask yourselves is it feasible or possible for ixcoin community to do the things that bts or nxt community do?

Or is the plan to do nothing and wait for some multimillionaire or billionaire to come along and put us all on their shoulders as they carry us to riches? Cause thats how they got that billions, by being generous and caring, right?

I don't see ixcoin, or i0, dev, namecoin, etc being able to spark enough movement to really make a self sustaining economy. Not in their current form that is.

In crypto, the advantage has gone to bitcoin. The focus should be on using bitcoin to bootstrap these coins. We're just not going to be able to rival the networking effect of bitcoin. Whereas decentralized exchanges are def needed in crypto they are nothing more then a bandaid. The original spirit of bitcoin was to move away from the reliance of a bank, or a centralized controller.

Altcoins have stopped evolving because of quick fixes like these centralized exchanges and left our fate in their hands. The bandaids that are these exchanges have quickly turned into the foundation for these technologies and as they pull the rug out from under these projects we find that we never had our feet on the ground and as a result land on our head.

There really is only one way forward for any coin that is not bitcoin. We need to utilize a technology that negates the need to use centralized or decentralized exchanges. The networks that are known as altcoins must utilize an atomic trading protocol.

Altcoins have been used to divide and conquer this scene. I think it's time to unify the altcoins. We should all be working together and not at cross purposes. If we all stand together, then it really shouldnt be a problem to offer a bounty for new tech that can be used by all.

Atomic or Bust!

Seven coins removed from Shapeshift.io: low tx volume

https://shapeshift.io/site/blog/2015/11/11/shapeshift-removes-seven-coins-exchange

I agree with Cinnamon, shapeshift.io would have been a game changer*:

https://news.bitcoin.com/accepted-10000-coinify-merchants-take-15-new-cryptos/

As a community I think one thing we need to do better is to support services which will be helpful to ixcoin's future.  Some in the community do a great job getting ixc listed on sites, and then no one uses them and ixcoin gets dropped.  So we should make it a point to use them.  If we don't who else will.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 05:04:05 PM

How do we ALL stand together.

I was thinking of starting a coin called Xcoin [or transforming iXcoin into this Xcoin] which absorbs all good alts while destroying ALL the "bad" ones.  But I don't have the necessary backing or money [although I did at one point have the necessary kill talent] and I think supernet is already employing the same plan although not nearly as aggressive as I would have done it.  I would kill all bad alts with extreme prejudice.

But there is another inherent problem, most devs won't unite cause they're arrogant or stupid, or simply have their own plans; hence the need for a Krypto-Kill protocol.  It's all open source so anything goes just avoid the govt operated coins which shouldn't be a problem.

I have this idea to unite all the good alts for a long time but don't see an easy way.

If you have any suggestions then let's have it.

Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: