Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 08:50:19 AM

last time i say this,

listen to mark and me

the premine in this one particular case is a minimal consideration,

i hate premined coins however most of this premine is 'unredeemed' at output which means whoever thomas was he never even had access to the coins and may in the future if he has his private keys

there are over a million ix coin mined early that were never redeemed similar to the bitcoin believed to be mined by
'satoshi' ,  I WILL NEVER SUPPORT REWRITE THE CORE OF THE SOURCE TO INVALIDATE ANYONES COINS, PREMINED OR MINED OR ANYTHING,  

it needs to stay as is,

any of these dicks at exchanges who say, ohhhhh the premine is too big,  look at all the other crap and premined coins they have listed,  

drop it  -- ix is the only coin that has a premine that I am personally ok with only because when it was made it was years before the scam coin era, 

two,  the orig. dev actually paid out bounties and if you actually take time to read his real old posts he bought ix for bitcoin from a lot of people

i am not defending him since i think it was kind of a dick move to disappear but if he wanted to cash that premine he had YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSS TO DO IT,

he could do it now, under a fake name,  still the coins sat there ,  get over it everybody

edit one,  tonight i am doing maintainence on my nodes for the other projects i run and adding a few nodes for 'pet' coins of mine,   i had personally a terrible day was in a very bad car accident and am lucky to be alive....my car is nearly destroyed , not able to drive and it is now cold as hell in philly and i have to get a ride to the train back and forth until i figure out how my insurance company is going to screw me--------- i was absolutly miserable about it

...... i was going to sleep all night but after a short nap i got up and started coding, it made me forget my personal issues for a while

i am now compiling nodes for one or two 'pet' coins of mine, and was actually thinking of opening a permanent node for ix coin,  when i read bs like this it makes me want to finish compiling what i am doing , say F' IX AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH IT RIGHT now and go back to bed. ..........

I'm sorry to hear about your bad fortune, Cinnamon, I'm glad you're ok.  I hope I'm not one of those people involved with iX you wanna F right now.  lol

Thanks for chiming in, the premine whining for IXC is played out but we'll still try to remediate it somehow. 

Thanks again and take care of yourself.  Smiley

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 09:07:00 AM

When Open Transactions finally settles on its data and contract formats and we move all the data over to the new format there are now enough IXCoins available that we can easily "freeze" 580k IXCoins to back 580k digiIXC on the Open Transactions server. In fact it is getting to the point already where we may well be able to do that while still also leaving UNfrozen 580k of liquid IXCoins that can be used to "cash out" the digiIXC tokens without unfreezing the frozen coins the tokens represent.

So to worry about the ancient 580k IXC that Thomas pre-mined is relatively silly, considering we will be looking at at least two stashes of that magnitude existing right in plain sight.

In turn, having 580k digiIXC in existence will mean the bandwidth of the pipeline for IXC/digiIXC will be 580k coins wide, that is, people will be able to conduct transactions of up to 580k in a single transaction, which will probably be larger than the bandwidth provided for any other coin except maybe DeVCoin.

(Though so far there have been 250 or 300 millions of digiDVC created, so unless more DVC are "frozen" so as to issue more digiDVC alongside the issuing of more digiIXC, or DeVCoins go up a lot in value, yes digiIXC will be the largest by value even if not in sheer number of digicoin tokens.)

-MarkM-

Mark, I've always had a lot of respect for you, even back when you used to be REALLY annoyed by me (lol), but my respect for you just went up another notch.

Thanks for doing this for iX.  If I ever get my stuff out I'll pitch in as well to widen the bandwidth, if necessary. 

Nasaki0t0

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 04:19:44 PM

Cinnamon has done lots for ixcoin and asked for nothing in return.

Sounds like she is going through a hard time. Deadsea, we should start a bounty for cinnamon. Maybe it can help with transportation?
marioborges

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:30:20 PM

Cinnamon has done lots for ixcoin and asked for nothing in return.

Sounds like she is going through a hard time. Deadsea, we should start a bounty for cinnamon. Maybe it can help with transportation?

All said, I think the wisest way to spend the donations left is for the update, hoping that men (and women) of good will (and trustworthy) will help to build the binaries.

Domob asked me 500$ , then moved by your enthusiasm and spirit, he made a "donation" offering to do the job for 400$ (thanks domob).

Since I am not the owner of donations (I want to use them properly) I have to ask if there is any other trustworthy developer willing to perform the job for less.

Best Regards

I Think there must have other solutions before the proposal of burn coins. Maybe we can appoint a Brainstorm meeting ffor developers here  Smiley
marioborges

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 07:42:35 PM

MarkM,

Cryptsy just suspended all withdrawals, indefinitely.

I hope you got all your IXC out.

This is a total and complete loss for me.  3 years of hard work gone.

I'm gonna make someone pay for this.

Today I can withdraw IXC 5000 . It seems Cryptsys allowed IXCoins withdrawals.
JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:06:39 PM

I'm not a developer, not at all, but I'm wondering if we, as a community concerned with IXC shouldn't be more concerned with the trustworthiness of the private key holder of that so called 'premine', than with whether the 'premine' should be burned or not. I have to trust and I think I am (I hope).

FREEDOM
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:11:40 PM

I hear you. But

1. Nobody knows if thomas is still alive, nor has any line of communication
2. Thomas has paid bounties out of the premine that was for paying, wait for it, bounties
3. If you want to see what a sheister does with a premine then look at what bobsurplus does with his coins, completely different then ixcoin.
4. Why does no one care about the satoshi coins? Bitcoin shouldnt be traded at all as satoshi has his hand on the nuke button and we all just gloss this over.

Tldr. Ixcoin premine has never been an issue and never will be.

I'm not a developer, not at all, but I'm wondering if we, as a community concerned with IXC shouldn't be more concerned with the trustworthiness of the private key holder of that so called 'premine', than with whether the 'premine' should be burned or not. I have to trust and I think I am (I hope).

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 08:55:40 AM

I agree with Deadsea on the premine issue.

It's terrible to waste hundreds of thousands of coins given those can be used for mass development but IXC can't afford to keep having a black mark on its image.  There will always be a doubt if we don't just burn them.  The premise issue has to be destroyed in a very public and permanent manner.

And I know it's not fair, given lots of coins with massive [50%+] premines and instamines are trading on all major exchanges with no complaints.  It is what it is so let's get it over with. 

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 11:58:22 AM

if someone releases an update to ix coin that invalidates any prior transactions , or uses op codes to make coins vanish, or allows any crazy stuff, like raising the 21,000,000 cap ==========

i might just release a fork that will keep the original chain alive,

not because i have a stake in anything financially,  on concept of right and wrong alone

imagine the bitcoin developers updating the code to invalidate a few hundred thousand or million bitcoin that were mined early and have never moved ??

sorry -- not going renegade and my actions would not matter,  whoever is spending the cash to mine ixc and the cash for the servers, and the cash for the bandwidth and has been paying the bills for years will probably mine on the new chain and the fork i release would sit stalled forever

No one should support invalidation of any prior ix transactions on the blockchain

That is no one who really is a supporter of ix in mind.

I imagine if someone wanted ix to go away and to divide the community it would be a great idea to bring up.

If you want to burn ix coins make an alt coin like the one bitcoin has called counterparty.

I would not object to that. From a code standpoint someone competent could pull it off in less than a week.  And no dont even ask I won't do it.  I don't see a need for it.  I just think for the future / if iX even has one / the blockchain of iX shall remain intact.

Why does this keep coming up ?  I will explain what I believe in a minute but first.....

Priorities for iX should not even be updates to the code imo
  No one even uses the update Ahmed did with Groundround and even I worked on few things and I was the one who released the windows versions.  Hardly anyone is using those updates.

Earlier this year the F2 pool head admin released a critical fix which was a small error not caught by myself, Ahmed and others previously...... 

(here is the pull request from Wang Chun I merged )  https://github.com/vladroberto/IXCoin/commit/d9906b6c822719f91e3bcb69f50b501a2e3501be  I updated and released new windows binaries but no one has ever used those!!!!!!!!  why is another update a priority HuhHuhHuh?  who will use it  ?

Ix needs most

1) real world uses  -- a purpose

2) exchanges to add it where people can trade ix for bitcoin or other coins and not have to worry about being robbed , (getting dropped from shapeshift was a heavy blow to ix imo but not fatal)

3) miners -- if just a few smaller btc pools added ix to merge mining it would eliminate this shadow that is over the ix blockchain now since no one knows who is mining it or how long they will continue

4) Finally try to remember --------- Ix has several advantages as it is over bitcoin.  (I cannot name them all here)

One is that since hardly anyone sends iX coins there is room for a lot of transaction volume just built as it is now on the 9.x level with the 1 mb max blocks (and if anyone mentions increasing the blocksize I will flame you)

Another advantage ix has over bitcoin's development and current direction----- if anyone understands what zero confirmations are, why they are important to real world use for transactions you understand.... In my eyes this is a good reason for iX not to mirror bitcoin development.  I actually agree with coinbase and the others who can accept zero confirms as a necessary evil if these systems are ever going to be used in the world in real time successfully. 

May I recommend all of you take the time to listen to someone discuss smart contracts, bitcoin and many other concepts who in my eyes is probably one of the smartest people in the world about these ideas because he helped invent some of them. Why use bitcoin or ix at all Huh

Nick Szabo had a discussion a few months ago on a podcast and he said something like..............why are you in bitcoin if what you want to accomplish can be done by traditional systems like paypal or visa......... he goes on to explain much more of this and his concepts..........

listen to it here https://twitter.com/cinnamon_carter/status/684530399633129472

It is on soundcloud. 

To whoever expressed concern for my personal well being, thank you , this has been a difficult week for me and is not getting any better. I don't normally discuss personal matters and if i do details are light.
I am not seeking any financial or other assistance from anyone.  Whatever personal problems I have are mine alone and have nothing to do wtih this but I appreciate those who sent me the love. Thank you very much.

FINALLY

I am convinced that whoever continues to post to this or any thread or public forum about the ix premine is not a legit supporter of ix but an undercover snark and someone seeking to use disinformation tactics to divide the community.  Someone from a rival coin bitcoin, next , ppc, litecoin, insert your coin here....... I rarely use the ignore button but will be hitting it for future supporters of recoding the second oldest cryptocurrency in history to invalidate some of the first transactions that ever took place on it's blockchain.   

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 02:23:37 PM

if someone releases an update to ix coin that invalidates any prior transactions , or uses op codes to make coins vanish, or allows any crazy stuff, like raising the 21,000,000 cap ==========

i might just release a fork that will keep the original chain alive,

not because i have a stake in anything financially,  on concept of right and wrong alone

imagine the bitcoin developers updating the code to invalidate a few hundred thousand or million bitcoin that were mined early and have never moved ??

sorry -- not going renegade and my actions would not matter,  whoever is spending the cash to mine ixc and the cash for the servers, and the cash for the bandwidth and has been paying the bills for years will probably mine on the new chain and the fork i release would sit stalled forever

No one should support invalidation of any prior ix transactions on the blockchain

That is no one who really is a supporter of ix in mind.

NOBODY is touching the IXC Blockchain.

We'll NUKE this entire project to hell if anyone tries. 

We'll burn'em [the premine] and end that noise once and for all.  I'll try to raise as many iXcoins as I can. 

Thanks, Cinnamon! [still the guardian, angel]  Smiley

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 07:28:59 PM

Burning coins other than the actually-pre-mined ones is pointless, all that does is increase the relative value of the pre-mined coins, making them more of an issue not less of an issue because the pre-mined coins would still exist but less other coins will exist.

So you need to get hold of the person who has the private keys of the pre-mined coins in order to actually burn them, and if you can do that then you should be able to have them actually use those coins for bounties or put them into a Foundation-controlled multi-sig account or something instead of burning them.

Either way, it all depends on Thomas showing up again. Until he does you might just as well rant on about how Satoshi should burn all his coins.

Only satoshi can burn Satoshi's "pre-mined" coins, only Thomas can burn Thomas' pre-mined coins.

Until Thomas shows up again we are just as screwed as Bitcoin, oh wait, no, not as bad actually since Thomas only "pre-mined" 580k coins supposedly whereas Satoshi is reputed to have more like a million or more.

If everyone except Satoshi burned their coins that would make Satoshi's coins MORE of a problem not LESS of a problem.

Same thing if coins other than Thomas' pre-mine are burned of IXCoin.

But congratulations you apparently have talked yet another someone into dumping shitloads of coins, driving the price way back down under 7500 satoshis.

Which was kind of what the building of the buy-side in steps of 5 satoshis of price was all about anyway: to  have the price drop faster when a dump happens.

The one satoshi at a time pile of buy-side offers is currently only climbing through the 3500-satoshis range of price, it will take a while to climb to 7500+ but when it does dumping will take five times as many coins to drop the price, like has been the case with I0Coin all along. Meanwhile though today you can buy IXCoins cheaper than I0Coins, so get them while you can...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
marioborges

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:31:18 PM

I've interest in Buying IXcoin  IXC - if there is someone with IXC to sell please contact me with your best proposal.
I start a Post in this Link, please follow me:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319288.new#new
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 09:07:13 PM

Looks like some insane person is truly determined to crash the price of IXCoins no matter how much lost profits that costs them...

For example I cleared a path upwards by buying up to a point, then started to fill in the buy-side, but they are not willing to even let me finish typing in all the buy orders up to where I cleared away the sells, instead each time I type an offer they take it, when I had many more offers higher than that still to type.

They refuse to let me get around to typing in the higher offers, like huh what the heck?

I cleared up through 14000 satoshis but they won't let me type in offers above 11400 or 11500 satoshis.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
marioborges

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:16:21 AM

Looks like some insane person is truly determined to crash the price of IXCoins no matter how much lost profits that costs them...

For example I cleared a path upwards by buying up to a point, then started to fill in the buy-side, but they are not willing to even let me finish typing in all the buy orders up to where I cleared away the sells, instead each time I type an offer they take it, when I had many more offers higher than that still to type.

They refuse to let me get around to typing in the higher offers, like huh what the heck?

I cleared up through 14000 satoshis but they won't let me type in offers above 11400 or 11500 satoshis.

-MarkM-

Where that this happens? Were are you are trying sale IXC for that value?
JPred

Activity: 392

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:18:37 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 04:41:56 AM by JPred

@MarkM, lol  Cheesy I got lucky today hehe - scooped up couple k IXC for a nice price. Will buy more when I get a chance.

FREEDOM
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 06:15:34 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 04:18:23 AM by markm

-MarkM-

Where that this happens? Were are you are trying sale IXC for that value?

Cryptsy, I was trying to place a stack of buy offers all the way up to "I will buy 100 coins at 14000 satoshis each".

Because I have only so many hours per day to spend typing in offers, I was going to place one offer each 100 satoshis of price, then fill in the 5,10,15,20,25,30 etc - each five satoshis - afterward.

I could not build past 11400 satoshis, so I started the filling-in instead, 7505, 7510 etc; but just got up and went to continue those only to find those are gone now too, I am having to start building up from 7500 over again. Exchanges need an option where you tell them "place offers from this price through this price, this many satoshis apart, for this many coins per offer"...

Until they do, building a deep order-book is going to continue taking countless numbers of sixteen-hour days of typing in orders...

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:01:02 AM

Burning coins other than the actually-pre-mined ones is pointless, all that does is increase the relative value of the pre-mined coins, making them more of an issue not less of an issue because the pre-mined coins would still exist but less other coins will exist.

So you need to get hold of the person who has the private keys of the pre-mined coins in order to actually burn them, and if you can do that then you should be able to have them actually use those coins for bounties or put them into a Foundation-controlled multi-sig account or something instead of burning them.

Either way, it all depends on Thomas showing up again. Until he does you might just as well rant on about how Satoshi should burn all his coins.

Only satoshi can burn Satoshi's "pre-mined" coins, only Thomas can burn Thomas' pre-mined coins.

Until Thomas shows up again we are just as screwed as Bitcoin, oh wait, no, not as bad actually since Thomas only "pre-mined" 580k coins supposedly whereas Satoshi is reputed to have more like a million or more.

If everyone except Satoshi burned their coins that would make Satoshi's coins MORE of a problem not LESS of a problem.

-MarkM-

Really hard to argue with this logic.  I'll try to send Thomas message.  Maybe we'll get lucky.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 11:04:13 AM

-MarkM-

I can't think of any logical reason for this tactic except to accumulate.  I really thought we finally got past that phase.

kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 04:52:33 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 06:10:03 AM by kraizi

-MarkM-

Really hard to argue with this logic.  I'll try to send Thomas message.  Maybe we'll get lucky.

I agree with markm and Cinnamon.  Plus, there is another reason not to burn the premine which no one has mentioned.  Many if not most premine objectors make no exceptions for a premine used for bounties.  In their mind ANY premine is bad.  I doubt it would make any difference if we did burn them, even the exact premine coins.  Why, because some are already spent.  So those same people complaining about the premine are still going to complain.  There's no going back.  Luckily I think the objectors are a small minority.  We should just forget about the premine because it doesn't matter.  Once iXcoin has a real purpose everyone will use it, regardless of its past.  It's that simple.
kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:02:02 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 08:44:22 PM by kraizi

PLEASE VOTE

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319934.0

You got 2 days left
THANKS

Update: the poll is not ended yet, but it seems quite clear the option 'Get on Coinomi and have an Electrum wallet' is going to win. No problem with that: I am not going to use money you gave for something you don't want. A small problem: the update is 400$, get on Coinomi and 1 year payment of the monthly fee to keep electrum running could be a total of 3-4 BTC (donations left are 0.9229 BTC).
Coinomi Team is working on an IOS app (android already released), it would mean to exchange or send/receive/pay right from your phone.

I can donate 2 BTC.

Check your donation address 17ckvmvSt8SPEy2DnjtGVpY8p5KK5B9f3c within the hour.

Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: