Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:50:42 PM

So then...

Unless/Until Thomas Nasakioto returns I am now taking over completely.

DeadSea, you've always been here and for better or worse you're my friend and you have qualities I lack so you and I are either gonna make IXC work, sell it to JP Morgan, or if not, I swear I'll just kill this coin myself and you're gonna help me - then we'll get drunk and celebrate the end of 3 years of mental anguish at the hands of the Siberian Tiger. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 12:57:00 PM

I am getting curious now as to whether the pre-mine could be where all the ridiculously cheap IXCoins have been coming from that have been dumped over the last few years, just because after each wave of dumping I kept thinking that surely now everyone who had coins that cheap to throw away must have already thrown them away.

Back on Vircurex I sometimes piled the buy-side as high as 11k or even 12k satoshis before it would get dumped back down, then it got to where I could not even pile it up to 10k without it getting dumped back down, now folks are dumping it down below 5k each time I build it back up to 5k. Maybe they are still dumping coins that folks too lazy to withdraw from CEX dumped insanely cheap on CEX ?

But if 580k coins are being dumped from the pre-mine that would account for a lot of the dumping I have been seeing.

So I wonder, how much of the pre-mine is still intact in its original addresses?

Seems to me Thomas has not been gone as long yet as his longest past absence, so it seems premature to me to think he is dead. With prices so low it'd be silly to spend the pre-mine right now, how about we get the price back up over 10k satoshis, maybe to the 16-to-18 k satoshis it used to be way back when, before worrying about him not seeing it up to a level worth re-appearing for?

EDIT: Those posts you showed, Vlad, are only barely over a year old, wasn't he gone 2 years or more once upon a time?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:15:14 PM

I am getting curious now as to whether the pre-mine could be where all the ridiculously cheap IXCoins have been coming from that have been dumped over the last few years, just because after each wave of dumping I kept thinking that surely now everyone who had coins that cheap to throw away must have already thrown them away.

Back on Vircurex I sometimes piled the buy-side as high as 11k or even 12k satoshis before it would get dumped back down, then it got to where I could not even pile it up to 10k without it getting dumped back down, now folks are dumping it down below 5k each time I build it back up to 5k. Maybe they are still dumping coins that folks too lazy to withdraw from CEX dumped insanely cheap on CEX ?

But if 580k coins are being dumped from the pre-mine that would account for a lot of the dumping I have been seeing.

So I wonder, how much of the pre-mine is still intact in its original addresses?

Seems to me Thomas has not been gone as long yet as his longest past absence, so it seems premature to me to think he is dead. With prices so low it'd be silly to spend the pre-mine right now, how about we get the price back up over 10k satoshis, maybe to the 16-to-18 k satoshis it used to be way back when, before worrying about him not seeing it up to a level worth re-appearing for?

EDIT: Those posts you showed, Vlad, are only barely over a year old, wasn't he gone 2 years or more once upon a time?

-MarkM-

I remember Thomas was gone 2 years once, but this is the first time he let the website expire and be grabbed by some strangers.  That's the crazy part.

There is no way Thomas dumped the premine; I have a good feel for the guy and whatever his reason was for creating IXC he truly believed in it, it was NEVER some pump and dump scheme like everyone accused him of.  He was always an unusually diplomatic and patient, decent human being, quite the opposite of me.  I couldn't help but feel bad that I once insulted him and said I wanted to punch him in the face.  lol

Also, I once spent a day doing Blockchain analysis and I found tons and tons of early blocks which were never redeemed, not even to this day.  I looked at other older and popular coins and nothing like that existed.  I am convinced these belong to Thomas, to prove he never spent nor dumped the premine [he left the coins unredeemed].  From what I understand, 4 years ago, only a few people in cryptoworld knew how to do this. 

So the dumping you witnessed was either people getting tired of holding or simple manipulation which I was seeing very early on. 

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:35:58 PM

I don't get it why people are complaining about premine for a coin. Unless the dev used the premine to dump onto the market and create a new altcoin which is not the case for Ixcoin, I don't see why the dev can't get a premine for development. Satoshi has tons of bitcoin in his wallet when bitcoin was just started and nobody said anything about that.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:07:12 PM

I don't get it why people are complaining about premine for a coin. Unless the dev used the premine to dump onto the market and create a new altcoin which is not the case for Ixcoin, I don't see why the dev can't get a premine for development. Satoshi has tons of bitcoin in his wallet when bitcoin was just started and nobody said anything about that.

I agree.  It's the senseless mentality on crypto-world. 

Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:04:16 PM

Thomas was last active on 1/7/2015. If he was paying monthly for the .org site then what month did it expire again as he would have been active 1 month prior.

To rule out a few people, namecoin dev died on 3/1/2014, and Hal died 8/28/2014

Has anyone done any txt analysis on early nasakioto vs later nasakioto to determine if he is same person?

Edit, im jealous of your avatar deadsea

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 04:11:03 PM

Thomas was last active on 1/7/2015. If he was paying monthly for the .org site then what month did it expire again as he would have been active 1 month prior.

To rule out a few people, namecoin dev died on 3/1/2014, and Hal died 8/28/2014

Has anyone done any txt analysis on early nasakioto vs later nasakioto to determine if he is same person?

Edit, im jealous of your avatar deadsea

That's interesting.  I read the namecoin dev was around 30 years old when he died of a heart attack.  What are the odds of that?  And IXC was launched just weeks after NMC, at a time when only a few people in the entire world knew how to clone Bitcoin. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 06:52:12 PM

None of our "partners" are answering.

When did I become so effing civilized?  I'm done waiting on others.

I'm unleashing my angst on Patrick Byrne [and Jim Harper].

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:08:42 AM

I Would be interested  in running seed nodes, there are some bounty for doing it? This coin deserve more growth, in the last times it has been not too much info about this coin

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 07:27:41 AM

This thread has over 400,000 views.

Interesting considering the "scam-free" version of IXC [i0Coin] doesn't have even 1/10th of that.  Amazing what one single [determined] big mouth can do.  lol.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 09:40:52 AM

I Would be interested  in running seed nodes, there are some bounty for doing it? This coin deserve more growth, in the last times it has been not too much info about this coin

All the bounty money is under the control of Thomas.  The bounties I have raised so far have all been spent on various code upgrades.

For now people will have to help out in the spirit of open source [pro bono].  I've done it for nearly 3 years, including paying out a lot on top of it. 

Thanks for offering to help...

JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:26:35 PM

I am still in the process to collect donations.
I wonder if I will receive something more.

It seems like its a slow process lol

FREEDOM
kraizi

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 03:40:45 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 05:12:00 AM by kraizi

My two cents worth on iXcoin priorities.

1.  Get miners to upgrade to the latest 0.9.3a client.  We need to show progress, and we need the latest security and features that Bitcoin upgrades have added in the last three years.  It will also open the way for generation 2.0 features like Counterparty, Colored Coins, etc. to be added to iXcoin.  Getting the miners to upgrade is the number one priority.  (The only reason for not pushing miners to upgrade is if it will cause a fork.  Does anyone know if the fork problem was fixed?)

2.  Update the iXcoin client at least once every 6-9 months (1 BTC per update).  This shows continued support and users will be more comfortable with investing in iXcoin.  

3.  Add iXcoin to more exchanges.  One exchange is not enough.  More exchanges give iXcoin exposure to more potential users and safety against having no exchange.

4.  Develop a new website (4 BTC).  There are two parts to this.  Developing a website, then maintaining it.  Maintaining it NEEDS to be someone in the community willing to do it for free or it could cost thousands per year.  If we pay someone outside the community, then every time we need to make changes we'll get charged.  It would be even better if the developer was from the community so we reduce cost on that too.

5.  Cryptoid (https://chainz.cryptoid.info) is a very good block explorer.  We should be able to afford $100/yr as a community.  By the way, we don't need to buy a whole year of service.  We could buy weekly, monthly, etc.  It's a bit like a faucet.  Just add funds as they are needed.

6.  Changelly (11.5 BTC).  It would be great to get iXcoin on this service, but the cost is a bit steep if we aren't guarenteed a fairly permanent listing.  $5,000 is too much for a 3-6 month listiing.  It's money we could have spent better some where else.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 05:36:44 AM

1)

on identity of 'Thomas'

I would encourage the curious to respect his privacy

clearly if he wanted to be known he could sign something with his pgp key to prove his identity

I kept a copy of his public key that was available on the old .org site

Somehow I am quite certain I am not the only person who kept a copy of that..........

2)

The future of ix --

What many people predicted for a long time appears to have happened.

no block solved in almost 48 hours.

With difficulty north of 700 million will take at least a dozen petahash  to move the chain normally.   

Anything less has the potential to move the chain slowly.

3)

Updating Clients

Seems rather unnecessary, very few people ever used the 9.x client

Hard to justify the future of a blockchain that is not moving.........

4)

what to do now

Hold on to your coins. Future developments may allow movement of the blockchain. All cryptocurrency is a gamble really,  never any guarantees...... Of course it is possible to hardfork ix and reset the difficulty but I would not recommend it. Let it be.......

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 05:56:05 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 08:20:04 AM by markm

MMpool seems to have low number of terahashes right now, but still it is above 50 terahashes.

Difficulty will adapt, even if mmpool turns out to be the only pool including IXCoin in its merge blocks will move, and I think IXCoin has the fast adaptation dificulty doesn't it? Most of the merged mined coins adopted that way back when.

Meanwhile we continue to be enjoying a great buying-opportunity, grab coins now while they are still so ridiculously cheap, they are selling for less than I0Coins fergoshsakes!

(And that despite the fact that we are also still in midst of a great buying-opportunity for I0Coins too!)

Also, if you are going to buy on Cryptsy, you might as well deposit something along the lines of DOGE instead of bitcoins, because you can pick DOGE up for 30 or 31 satoshis all over the place and sell them on Cryptsy for 40 or 41 satoshis...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
kraizi

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:16:03 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 03:29:44 PM by kraizi

Actually if the bigger pools have now dropped ixcoin it may give us a good opportunity to get the miners upgraded.  Although the block chain not moving is a concern.  What is the difficulty retarget time period for version 0.3.24.3, if that's the current client driving the mining?  If memory serves it is two weeks.

Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:34:00 PM

Spot on.

Actually if the bigger pools have now dropped ixcoin it may give us a good opportunity to get the miners upgraded.  Although the block chain not moving is a concern.  What is the difficulty retarget time period for version 0.3.24.3, if that's the current client driving the mining?  If memory serves it is two weeks.

Although I'm still convinced atomic transaction are needed for survival.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 07:42:24 PM

2)

The future of ix --

What many people predicted for a long time appears to have happened.

no block solved in almost 48 hours.

With difficulty north of 700 million will take at least a dozen petahash  to move the chain normally.  

Anything less has the potential to move the chain slowly.

Again you seem to be alarmist on this matter. A couple hours or maybe three or so hours ago I did getinfo in my IXCoin client and saw "blocks" : 294789, with "difficulty" : 727496767.26042449, and admitedly maybe half an hour or so later I saw no change so thought you might have a point, but I just came back to that terminal and checked again and see "blocks" : 294792, without any change in the difficulty.

So maybe it takes more than three blocks to change difficulty, but there is evidently no cause at all for panic as despite the difficulty three blocks moved already.

I just checked again and see block has not changed again yet, so did date command. with output of Wed Dec 23 15:39:20 AST 2015, so I can see actual time elapsed when I check again later, instead of relying on my admittedly not very good subjective concept of elapsed time...

-MarkM-

kraizi

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 07:27:57 AM

Spot on.

Actually if the bigger pools have now dropped ixcoin it may give us a good opportunity to get the miners upgraded.  Although the block chain not moving is a concern.  What is the difficulty retarget time period for version 0.3.24.3, if that's the current client driving the mining?  If memory serves it is two weeks.

Although I'm still convinced atomic transaction are needed for survival.

Block chain is moving well again.
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 07:40:07 AM

indeed it is

Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: