Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:47:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELFKEY] ID Wallet for Citizenship, Incorporation, Fintech, Banking, Exchanges  (Read 37459 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:18:48 AM

You want to unite wallet for tokens (like Eidoo wallet) and verification (like Civic) ?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:19:41 AM

I don't know how secure this is , I will never save wallet other than my wallet  Grin
gaitchs

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:37:23 AM

A quicker KYC ?  Sounds convenient
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:08:16 AM

Selfkey will link a lot of mandatory content, like Id control and wallet for cryptocurrencies. At the moment so much ico need KYC and people are turned about that. Selfkey will disrupt that and its very nice.
KryptoTark

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:17:12 AM

So if I use selfkey wallet to participate in ico, then this will automatically take care of all the kyc procedures?

Is this the main idea?
Imho, this project is at the right timing especially in today's ICO's and exchange's KYC requirements which could eliminate  tedious and repetitive tasks which often discourages potential investors.
All those KYC requirements got a big problem cause if you give your personal documents to scammers they can sell it at the darknet.

well, actually you can fake the kyc too Smiley just use some fake documents <.<"

Do you really think this is a solution? When a KYC is mandatory for an ICO, you would risk to loose your investment by providing fake documents?

well, actually, every ico is a risk for every investor nowadays. you dont know which one will rocket, and which one will run off with your money and let you alone Smiley

for people investing low, they can risk to do a fake kyc. not everyone wants to share his details with every ico or a ico plattform, when he wants to stay anonymous.

this kyc shit came up, thanks to the fukin us gov taking down btc-e...
And this shit will get a lot worse next year. I think we will see a lot of government intervention in the crypto market.

i really hope not that it escalates. i mean, cmon, there are already airdrops with kyc Oo" just wtf...
What? Seriously there are airdrops with KYC? This is clearly going in a wrong way...

I must say I never heard of these airdrops where you need to go through a KYC-process but I do hope these kinds of airdrops won't get popular. That's just ridiculous.

I'm sure he was joking or it was a fake "airdrop" where you have to send ETH for your tokens. People call it donations these days. I call it paying.

Anyway, what if someone manages to create a fake account on the selfkey platform? If the guy succeeds he can use the fake identity on numerous occasions. Hopefully there are ways to prevent this.

I wish there was a underground  platform  which could provide fake kyc information, and would allow everyone to invest anonymously, without the need to take ID selfies, so that governments can't track you down for capital gains tax. Which is a robbery in my eyes.

wonderfullife

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:35:17 AM

The selfkey system is a platform that allows people to prove their identity in order to carry out administrative work such as notarial acts, for example but not only. In general, it allows to reuse the documents and informations already used and therefore saves a lot of energy and time for users
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:14:17 AM

Imho, this project is at the right timing especially in today's ICO's and exchange's KYC requirements which could eliminate  tedious and repetitive tasks which often discourages potential investors.
All those KYC requirements got a big problem cause if you give your personal documents to scammers they can sell it at the darknet.

But isn't it that your documents still will be given to the for example ICO holder, just automaticly in the case you participate?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:51:48 AM

But isn't it that your documents still will be given to the for example ICO holder, just automaticly in the case you participate?

If you can dodge kyc every time yes you can avoid this kind of selling documents issues.

But with every kyc someone can access your private data, it is not easy to prevent.

For me, in my country, there were a big leak and everybody's private data was all over the internet so we passed this issue Cheesy

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:28:39 AM

I think Selfkey users will only need ine time KYC, and this will prevent redundancies every time investors need to participate in an ICO.

It may also save time for the ICO itself if the informations ae alredy verified. Is not a trivial task manage all the process of KYC
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:30:46 AM

The selfkey system is a platform that allows people to prove their identity in order to carry out administrative work such as notarial acts, for example but not only. In general, it allows to reuse the documents and informations already used and therefore saves a lot of energy and time for users

yeah it can definitely save some time. but I think I have some security issues with putting my documents online.

premium_domainer
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:45:44 AM

yeah it can definitely save some time. but I think I have some security issues with putting my documents online.

So you are not joining most of the icos or not try to withdraw big amounts from exchanges?

Now even some exchanges asking for KYC just for little amounts. It looks inevitable.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:42:24 AM

I don't think it will be automatic, you probably still have to give your consent in order to transfer your documents. You just won't need to fill everything in again, since it will be already there.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:52:12 AM

I don't think it will be automatic, you probably still have to give your consent in order to transfer your documents. You just won't need to fill everything in again, since it will be already there.

Ues you will have to agree to the terms of use. Or agree with them giving your details to a third party
DylerTurden

Activity: 67

PradBitt

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:04:26 AM

so if i understand well this project is a way to keep safe personal documents on line,on blockchain,with the possibility to sign documents digitally,and to do quicker kyc,it seems a nice idea to save time and keep in a more secure and private way the documents,i will follow the project with interest
You have all rightly understood, the project will be very necessary in the future.

Not quite right, sir!
The documents are NOT kept online nor on the Blockchain, as SelfKey considers this not secure enough.
The documents are only kept on your personal device. The blockchain is used to transmit only parts (like your age) of these documents. And only after they have been hashed,
so they are useless to any possible perpetrator!

This is a very important point, as storing documents online or on the blockchain is NOT a secure solution!
premium_domainer
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:31:40 AM

so if i understand well this project is a way to keep safe personal documents on line,on blockchain,with the possibility to sign documents digitally,and to do quicker kyc,it seems a nice idea to save time and keep in a more secure and private way the documents,i will follow the project with interest
You have all rightly understood, the project will be very necessary in the future.

Not quite right, sir!
The documents are NOT kept online nor on the Blockchain, as SelfKey considers this not secure enough.
The documents are only kept on your personal device. The blockchain is used to transmit only parts (like your age) of these documents. And only after they have been hashed,

This is a very important point, as storing documents online or on the blockchain is NOT a secure solution!

I wasn't aware of it. Selfkey doing his part maximum to keep our documents safe.

But of course, after we decide to share it with the third party, they can't stop them using it for malicious reasons.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:31:49 AM

I think Selfkey users will only need one time KYC, and this will prevent redundancies every time investors need to participate in an ICO.

Yes, of course you just need to make the KYC one time, afterwards you can just register with Selfkey for the ICOs etc. But if you do this, how will your documents be handled? Will it just say "person is real" or will your documents be hand over to the next party too? In this case, your documents will be given away too which would bring you into the situation that your documents could be abused in worst case.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:34:48 AM

Not quite right, sir!

So when only a small part of the information (like you said the age) gets ransmitted, is this enough to verify your identity? Or will it be necessary to send further information in other packets so that the receiver can put them all together and verify your identity?
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:38:28 AM

Not quite right, sir!

So when only a small part of the information (like you said the age) gets ransmitted, is this enough to verify your identity? Or will it be necessary to send further information in other packets so that the receiver can put them all together and verify your identity?

Maybe there are cases where the other party just need to know e.g. your age or the country you live in. The advantage of Selfkey is that in these cases only the required information is transferred and there's no need to reveil your other personal data.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:39:08 AM

I don't know why the government can stop people from buying what they want.
It is likely in taxes) the government can't allow that person to earn and not pay taxes on income!

jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:45:12 AM

This project is worth speculating
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: