Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SELFKEY] ID Wallet for Citizenship, Incorporation, Fintech, Banking, Exchanges  (Read 37459 times)
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:50:29 AM

so if i understand well this project is a way to keep safe personal documents on line,on blockchain,with the possibility to sign documents digitally,and to do quicker kyc,it seems a nice idea to save time and keep in a more secure and private way the documents,i will follow the project with interest
You have all rightly understood, the project will be very necessary in the future.

Not quite right, sir!
The documents are NOT kept online nor on the Blockchain, as SelfKey considers this not secure enough.
The documents are only kept on your personal device. The blockchain is used to transmit only parts (like your age) of these documents. And only after they have been hashed,
so they are useless to any possible perpetrator!

This is a very important point, as storing documents online or on the blockchain is NOT a secure solution!

So when only a small part of the information (like you said the age) gets ransmitted, is this enough to verify your identity? Or will it be necessary to send further information in other packets so that the receiver can put them all together and verify your identity?

Maybe there are cases where the other party just need to know e.g. your age or the country you live in. The advantage of Selfkey is that in these cases only the required information is transferred and there's no need to reveil your other personal data.

Yes, that might be the case. But for occasions where they need more information, I guess they will be sent in small packages and only put together in the end so whenever a perpetrator pick such a signle data package up, it's useless for him on its own.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:00:40 AM

Does you wallet also will support coins? Which currencies? Or only ERC20 tokens?
Jay2408

Activity: 518

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:13:44 AM

Does you wallet also will support coins? Which currencies? Or only ERC20 tokens?

You can read it already in their ANN, 'the Identity Wallet is capable to store, send and receive ETH, KEY and any ERC-20 Token'

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:16:53 AM

so if i understand well this project is a way to keep safe personal documents on line,on blockchain,with the possibility to sign documents digitally,and to do quicker kyc,it seems a nice idea to save time and keep in a more secure and private way the documents,i will follow the project with interest
You have all rightly understood, the project will be very necessary in the future.

Not quite right, sir!
The documents are NOT kept online nor on the Blockchain, as SelfKey considers this not secure enough.
The documents are only kept on your personal device. The blockchain is used to transmit only parts (like your age) of these documents. And only after they have been hashed,

This is a very important point, as storing documents online or on the blockchain is NOT a secure solution!

So when only a small part of the information (like you said the age) gets ransmitted, is this enough to verify your identity? Or will it be necessary to send further information in other packets so that the receiver can put them all together and verify your identity?

Maybe there are cases where the other party just need to know e.g. your age or the country you live in. The advantage of Selfkey is that in these cases only the required information is transferred and there's no need to reveil your other personal data.

Yes, that might be the case. But for occasions where they need more information, I guess they will be sent in small packages and only put together in the end so whenever a perpetrator pick such a signle data package up, it's useless for him on its own.
I think that the less personal information you have to give on the Internet is better. At least I do not like to share it.

wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:25:38 AM

Not quite right, sir!

I think that the less personal information you have to give on the Internet is better. At least I do not like to share it.

You can't really avoid giving personal information over the internet these days. So if it's inevitable to share your information, I'd rather it's stored safely.

chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:36:10 AM

You can read it already in their ANN, 'the Identity Wallet is capable to store, send and receive ETH, KEY and any ERC-20 Token'
Hope that someday they can also accept none erc20 token and cater to altcoin and other cryptocurrency.
weekofcrypto

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 11:37:02 AM

I wonder if there are any plans to have a hardware wallet for extra security? Or at least partner with Trezor or Ledger?

bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 11:41:27 AM

Imho, this project is at the right timing especially in today's ICO's and exchange's KYC requirements which could eliminate  tedious and repetitive tasks which often discourages potential investors.
All those KYC requirements got a big problem cause if you give your personal documents to scammers they can sell it at the darknet.

But isn't it that your documents still will be given to the for example ICO holder, just automaticly in the case you participate?

I think Selfkey users will only need one time KYC, and this will prevent redundancies every time investors need to participate in an ICO.

Yes exactly, thats the main advantage to their system. Makes it easier on ICO investors.

hicaribou

Activity: 815
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:22:20 PM

I wonder if there are any plans to have a hardware wallet for extra security? Or at least partner with Trezor or Ledger?
Thats not a bad idea, maybe for further development.
After the wallet is being used by many people.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:28:10 PM

oh... thank. Why no coins? Better to add most popular coins (like top 20 coins at last)
snowfu199

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:35:39 PM

How can a Chinese citizen participate this ICO?
Any bounty campaign available?
Jay2408

Activity: 518

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:54:43 PM

How can a Chinese citizen participate this ICO?
Any bounty campaign available?

Chinese citizens aren't eligible to participate in the ICO, along with US citizens.
With regard to a bounty programm they said in telegram that they plan to launch a bounty programm for the crowdsale which will start 15th Jan. Just check again later.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:55:13 PM

Not quite right, sir!

You can't really avoid giving personal information over the internet these days. So if it's inevitable to share your information, I'd rather it's stored safely.
It's true, nowadays we have to give personal information over the Internet to almost everything, buying things, post in forums, hava an email account,...

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

Imho, this project is at the right timing especially in today's ICO's and exchange's KYC requirements which could eliminate  tedious and repetitive tasks which often discourages potential investors.
All those KYC requirements got a big problem cause if you give your personal documents to scammers they can sell it at the darknet.

But isn't it that your documents still will be given to the for example ICO holder, just automaticly in the case you participate?

I think Selfkey users will only need one time KYC, and this will prevent redundancies every time investors need to participate in an ICO.

Yes, of course you just need to make the KYC one time, afterwards you can just register with Selfkey for the ICOs etc. But if you do this, how will your documents be handled? Will it just say "person is real" or will your documents be hand over to the next party too? In this case, your documents will be given away too which would bring you into the situation that your documents could be abused in worst case.

I think the DEV team has already considered finding a viable and effective solution with regards to safeguarding user personal data, and I would appreciate if they could clarify this further.
I understand that all user data will be stored in one place. As you know nothing lasts forever, and if you want you can get any information, the only question is the amount of funds and feasibility. Therefore, the question of the protection is very sharply!

snowfu199

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:08:29 PM

How much fund was raised during private presale?
Fermin AK

Activity: 266

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:15:33 PM

Imho, this project is at the right timing especially in today's ICO's and exchange's KYC requirements which could eliminate  tedious and repetitive tasks which often discourages potential investors.

Yes, of course you just need to make the KYC one time, afterwards you can just register with Selfkey for the ICOs etc. But if you do this, how will your documents be handled? Will it just say "person is real" or will your documents be hand over to the next party too? In this case, your documents will be given away too which would bring you into the situation that your documents could be abused in worst case.

I think the DEV team has already considered finding a viable and effective solution with regards to safeguarding user personal data, and I would appreciate if they could clarify this further.
I understand that all user data will be stored in one place. As you know nothing lasts forever, and if you want you can get any information, the only question is the amount of funds and feasibility. Therefore, the question of the protection is very sharply!
That's a good question, if they are going to store all data in one place then is not that safe.

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:16:51 PM

Will selfkey also act like an ERC20 wallet like MEW with the document storage right?

Yes it will store all Ethereum based Tokens as far as I know

Great, then any news about Ledger and Trezor support in near future?

Both Ledger and Trezor support MEW/ETH/ERC20 already

I'm not talking about the myetherwallet. I am talking about the Selfkey wallet. Will trezor and ledger will support their wallet?
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:20:58 PM

How much fund was raised during private presale?
They was raised $5 million!  Cool
https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/125735-selfkey-digital-identity-firm-tops-5-million-private-pre-sales-public-pre-sale-ico-kicks-off-december-15th/
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:23:21 PM

does this mean that the project will go on regardless of the sale result?

iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:23:46 PM

how are you planning to convince other reputable site to use your platform? Innovative concept but might take more awareness. SELFKEY can be act like trusted Certificate authority
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: