Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:23:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DAO PlayMarket 2.0 - App Store based on the blockchain and smart contracts  (Read 53554 times)
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

I think android phone is a very good target, iOS is also very good, but maybe more simple to make DAO Playmarket for the first test. An apps store based on blockchain is really disruptive, it’s not like usual App Store like we already have.

Since android is way more popular than iOS, i wouldnt even bother at first to make it work on iPhones. I hope they focus on polishing their product first and then try to expand on iOS.

Focusing android is the logical way.

They have a bigger market share and being on ios is too hard compared to android.

The eternal discussion on platform popularities, I'm more enthusiastic about the greatness of the project, I believe that android would initially drive it to achieve higher goals, IOS should complement it. But it really is a matter of regions and their needs
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2870
Merit: 605

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:55:16 PM

I think android phone is a very good target, iOS is also very good, but maybe more simple to make DAO Playmarket for the first test. An apps store based on blockchain is really disruptive, it’s not like usual App Store like we already have.

Since android is way more popular than iOS, i wouldnt even bother at first to make it work on iPhones. I hope they focus on polishing their product first and then try to expand on iOS.

They have a bigger market share and being on ios is too hard compared to android.

the right strategy could be this first focus on  android at the start then in a second phase on ios anyway they need not miss out on any slice of the market let's remember that there are also windows phones...
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:56:10 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 06:19:34 PM by kraterion

You already have a partnership in place for when your platform will be out? Maybe crypto related apps like Gizer, Eidoo, Soma, Jaxx, etc... ?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:03:32 PM

You already have a partnership in place for when your platform will be out? Maybe crypto related apps like Gyzer, Eidoo, Soma, Jaxx, etc... ?
I think it's not worth for the teams to do the extra job and launch them on DAO. DAO will have a hard time at the beginning.

loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:50:30 PM

the right strategy could be this first focus on  android at the start then in a second phase on ios anyway they need not miss out on any slice of the market let's remember that there are also windows phones...
I agree android is the mainstream system and after that they can go to ios where there is also a lot of market.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:52:04 PM

I think that android is the only mobile apps market. IOS is very close environment that only Apple can use
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:10:53 PM

I think that android is the only mobile apps market. IOS is very close environment that only Apple can use

Thats the thing that strikes me as well. IOS is naturally designed to be quite closed off to anything that is outside of the Apple ecosystem. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that if PlayMarket wanted to somehow install apps on an IOS phone, that the IOS phone would need to be jailbroken?
Android, for better or worse, is much more open to custom applications and appstores installing apps on Android phones.

kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:16:24 PM

You already have a partnership in place for when your platform will be out? Maybe crypto related apps like Gyzer, Eidoo, Soma, Jaxx, etc... ?
I think it's not worth for the teams to do the extra job and launch them on DAO. DAO will have a hard time at the beginning.

Adding crypto related apps seems a good start to me for PlayMarket. Don't worry for hard time at the beginning, they will be aggressive on marketing

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:42:11 PM

Adding crypto related apps seems a good start to me for PlayMarket. Don't worry for hard time at the beginning, they will be aggressive on marketing

They will need something that differentiates them from the PlayStore and sticks out. Crypto related apps could be an idea with a good potential to grow when the crypto scene becomes mainstream.
belechau

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:15:41 PM

They will need something that differentiates them from the PlayStore and sticks out. Crypto related apps could be an idea with a good potential to grow when the crypto scene becomes mainstream.

Particularly I already see as excellent differentials the decentralization and independence, linked to the efficient use of own currency, mainly for its investors and holders, for the constant use and appreciation, but there is still much to come, and Ico seems to surprise
niklasmato

Merit: 263

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:23:25 PM

I'm still thinking on how it will be possible to run the app on IOS.
Except for side loading I don't see a way.
Can the dev's comment on this please?

you'll probably be able to do it by jailbreaking your phone. that how everything else that isn't approved by apple works.

Yes and if you have a warranty case your warranty isn't working anylonger. Also you go on risk to break your phone by jailbreaking Wink
I still don't think there will be a big userbase for Apple especially not big enough to get developers working on apps for this. But maybe for Android there is one.

Well you no longer need to jailbreak. There's an official way to side load apps on IOS now.
But as stated before, only techies will do that .. I don't see regular users doing those technical things..
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:24:52 PM

you'll probably be able to do it by jailbreaking your phone. that how everything else that isn't approved by apple works.

Yes it sounds a bit harsh, but is foing to be like that. Unless the dev have some other plan in mind?

What is side loading ? Planning to buy an Iphone X, I am interested.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:28:48 PM

Recent bitcoin drop isnt doing them any good. As far as i know they are getting a lot of funding with bitcoin and unfortunately they are loosing money in recent days. They should really think about when they will withdraw their found.

Maybe they are lucky and the price will go up again. No one can predict what will happen now as the fight is going on between BTC and BTH.

They should definitely get a good investment strategy in place for all the funds they collect. Maybe convert even some of it to FIAT could be a viable option. I don't think Bitcoin will drop very low but what if it does? They should diversify.

Converting a part of the raised amount to fiat after certain time periods might be a good idea, so that the project isn't completely dependent on the volatility of the market.

of course the will convert to fiat. not everyone likes to get paid in crypto.

I am not talking about the conversion to fiat on demand because of contractors. I am talking about the hedging against a price drop of cryptocurrencies and a threat to run out of funds which were once existent. I hope the team makes the right decisions as I want to see the platform become reality.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:50:00 PM

I also think that it’s good to have apps focused on crypto and blockchain technology, DAO Playmarket can do a lot of things and become a major apps platform for crypto users.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:53:39 PM

Recent bitcoin drop isnt doing them any good. As far as i know they are getting a lot of funding with bitcoin and unfortunately they are loosing money in recent days. They should really think about when they will withdraw their found.

Maybe they are lucky and the price will go up again. No one can predict what will happen now as the fight is going on between BTC and BTH.

They should definitely get a good investment strategy in place for all the funds they collect. Maybe convert even some of it to FIAT could be a viable option. I don't think Bitcoin will drop very low but what if it does? They should diversify.

Converting a part of the raised amount to fiat after certain time periods might be a good idea, so that the project isn't completely dependent on the volatility of the market.

I am not talking about the conversion to fiat on demand because of contractors. I am talking about the hedging against a price drop of cryptocurrencies and a threat to run out of funds which were once existent. I hope the team makes the right decisions as I want to see the platform become reality.
Converting piece of crypto money into FIAT may be good ideas, this will guarantee stability - because crypto market can not always be stable, news can strongly affect the situation, sometimes not for the better
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:04:31 PM

What do you guys think about the running a PlayMarket node? Is it worth the investment?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:08:14 PM

What do you guys think about the running a PlayMarket node? Is it worth the investment?
if you are talking about this project - then yes, I think it's worth it! DAO PlayMarket 2.0 It can be excellent alternative to the current PlayMarket
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:12:46 PM

if you are talking about this project - then yes, I think it's worth it! DAO PlayMarket 2.0 It can be excellent alternative to the current PlayMarket

Do you know what it takes to run a node? I flipped thru the white paper and it looked pretty technical. Do you need to rent a server or something?

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:16:12 PM

Converting piece of crypto money into FIAT may be good ideas, this will guarantee stability - because crypto market can not always be stable, news can strongly affect the situation, sometimes not for the better
People should be able to enter and withdraw Fiat so that the market of crypto-currency is a full-fledged.
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:23:02 PM

Yes and if you have a warranty case your warranty isn't working anylonger. Also you go on risk to break your phone by jailbreaking Wink
I still don't think there will be a big userbase for Apple especially not big enough to get developers working on apps for this. But maybe for Android there is one.

Well you no longer need to jailbreak. There's an official way to side load apps on IOS now.
But as stated before, only techies will do that .. I don't see regular users doing those technical things..

Even if this is true installing applications on Android devices will be always easier
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: