Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
normal.80

Activity: 319
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:21:30 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

I'm afraid to upset you, but you won't return the stolen goods. Perhaps you have entered a private key, not on the official website, but most likely it was the scammers who you gave it to yourself.

Chronner

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:40:57 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I'm afraid to upset you, but you won't return the stolen goods. Perhaps you have entered a private key, not on the official website, but most likely it was the scammers who you gave it to yourself.
That's for sure. MEV is very difficult to crack. It is very unlikely that someone will pick code because of several thousand. Most likely you are to blame. Keep the addresses in a separate file from the password file

V O L E N T I X   █   Decentralized Change   █   3rd Party DAPP Platform
▬ •  VENUE  • ▬  Social Rewards Platform   █   ANN   TWITTER   TELEGRAM   █   ▬ • VDEX • ▬  Decentralized Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ( V ) BETA TESTER  |  Designed by Zpectrum    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Markperop

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:50:28 PM

That's for sure. MEV is very difficult to crack. It is very unlikely that someone will pick code because of several thousand. Most likely you are to blame. Keep the addresses in a separate file from the password file

in any case, you need to enter the private key manually, And check the balance only through the etherscan. At the same time, enter the site of the etherium wallet only with the help of the right link, which should have been in your browser's bookmarks for a long time.

HELLO EVERYONE.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

I would rather use Metamask to be safe. As for making sure that my private key will not be compromised, I always double check the URL of the website before entering anything. I hate to say this, but there is nothing we can do once someone has the private key. It cannot be changed. Move on, learn your lesson.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
goshay97

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Very sorry to hear about your loss.  Time to get a new address.  Makes sure you reformat your computer if your unsure where the leak in security is.  Also make sure you don't go to phishing sites.  Good luck!
Fariyahimu78

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:03:08 PM

I think someone hacked your Mew Private key.Private key is most important.If anyone know your mew private key, he can do anytime what he wish.he can transfer all your tokens.Sorry to say create another account and save your private key in safe place
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:11:15 PM

mew is just a way to access to your tokens on the ethereum blockchain and if you are hacked then there are chances that you have entered your private key into a pishing site always check url twice before entering any senstive information

Txtlkvoe

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:20:26 PM

you need to be very careful, the best option is to buy a separate computer or laptop and use the wallet only with it
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:31:32 PM

How did you manage your private key? How many Ethereum wallet do you have there? Looks like your wallet has compromised you should buy hardware wallet with you.
If you have API keys you should ignore that as soon as possible.
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 06:36:15 PM

mew is just a way to access to your tokens on the ethereum blockchain and if you are hacked then there are chances that you have entered your private key into a pishing site always check url twice before entering any senstive information
To know it's a phising site is require some intelligence. It's like the minimal knowledge needed by people to surf the internet. But now, many people who forced themselves to plunge into the internet without the slightest knowledge in the field for the sake of participating in bounty campaign and this is what happening then. Nothing can be do after got hacked, just say good bye to your token.
gorkin0606

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:42:27 PM

Have you watched the last transactions? Perhaps this is a service issue that you use to check your wallet balance.

B I T C O I N   S P O R T | Cryptocurrency Journal   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ◥ BITCOIN-SPORT.ORG
                                         [                   + 92% FREE BITCOINS                   ]          ◥ Chat for bounty and investors
                                              ANN   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   VK   TELEGRAM                   ◥ The dynamics of the course
gwerunm

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:51:32 AM

extremely baffling when something our own has been stolen others and we can not do anything with the exception of simply surrender it, it will happen on the off chance that we mew hacked and token in it was stolen so I can dare to dream cheats don't focus on our wallets other than we additionally need to continually anchoring our wallet keys
toplikop

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:16:02 AM

I'm so tragic for you fella, this is exceptionally boundless case. Some person just stole your private key. Presently you cannot accomplish something, just chke your PC for infections and spy bots, and get another wallet and keep your private key on compact bearer next time.
mikhailkudig

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:28:53 PM

No, I didn't, but it's only possible because of the owner's negligence, or a massive hacker attack.
Esterklu

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:34:53 PM

Everyone should be very careful with his private key and dont give it anyone. Also please, be careful with airdrops, dont paste your private keys on different sites. Bookmark MEW site and use just this link. It does not give 100% guarantee, but it is first steps to stay safe.
Gurueconom

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:37:50 PM

Most likely your MyEtherWallet account was hacked since you provided your data on some phishing site. Next time, be more attentive and check everything 2-3 times before entering the wallet.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 07:39:33 PM

I am also a victim of hacking where my eth balance is gone. But, the hacker did not take my token. He only took my eth. There is a hash tx. See the hacker addy. Then, report to mew. Before the report, look for facts about your wallet before being hacked and after being hacked.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Ubrfeh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:41:19 PM

Now a lot who steal the tokens in my chat stolen about 5 people this week , don't know how it manages them
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 04:15:27 AM

Your computer or notebook must also be in privacy, not to fall into the hands of other people or families.
Because all of that concerns your money.

Many say, "in business it does not look at family or associates"
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:12:57 PM

Sad to think that all of your tokens in MEW are in stolen but don’t feel upset and depressed about this,
just move eon and let this a lesson that you must learned to be able to be a better version of yourself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: