Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:53:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:55:11 PM

maybe your MEW account got phising, yesterday i saw in slack chat there are many scammers that share their fake link myetherwallet, i think you login into their website, i think the best solution for the next is you need to check twice the url. you need to see twice befure you paste your private key on it

Rosma Yeni

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:00:47 PM

never open your wallet anywhere else. Open only on personal computers. Because usually, when ETH go up the hackers began to appear frequently. Be careful when entering the ETH address, see again, do not let the private key you enter
nonik

Activity: 367
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:24:54 PM

I am sad to hear you lost all the coins / tokens you have. maybe you are less careful in storing the private key, or when you follow a campaign, you incorrectly send the wallet address, which you enter is a private key, if my suggestion does not hurt you more carefully fill out the form to follow a campaign, before you send better read again first. then sent.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Sweet_Angel

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:43:56 PM

Losing is a painful thing but this is a lesson.

You should be more careful of anything suspicious for the next time.

Reinstall device and use the trusted anti virus. Keep your private key in a safe place.
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:47:58 PM

your tokens don't always show on your token balance on your MEW wallet. Under your eth balance you will see a section called transaction history. Click on tokens (ethexplorer.io) and it will show your token balances.

join2

Activity: 537
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

i also have a bad experience like you my MEW hacked i lost all my tokens, many people have been hacked it could be due to virus or phishing sit
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

Its very disheartening bro. It happens with so many peoples my 2-3 friends lost their coins the way you lost but they made mistake by mistake filled their private key in some form instead of wallet address. One more thing always use incognito or private window to open your ethereum Wallet & don't give access to anyone to your wallet keys and my friend there is no way to get your coin back.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

it happened not once in here, users who got into slack channel and being persuade by someone inside the channel. if you got into their trap then you deserve it, you know for the fact that your wallet access is important so you gotta be careful sending out passwords or any kind. money can fuel the determination of hackkers.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your losses. Did you check the token transactions in explorer? Sometimes the tokens don’t show up in MEW, you just have to load tokens. Hope everything is fine and you are not one of the phishing scam victims.
Albertvadim

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:57:26 PM

It is very possible if your computer is infected by some  virus. You should be careful and use a clean computer if you access any wallet or store any priv code on the computer. but there is nothing you can do to take your tokens back,  sorry for the loss.
Leodalat

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:07:04 PM

I also lost my SNT Token once. And then I found out that someone hijacked my email and found out where I hid my private key. And now I always keep my private key off line
arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:11:17 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

Did you expose your private key because coins cannot be stolen without that.
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:15:30 PM

Most of the time, the "someone hack my account stories" are not hack at all. Majority of  stolen token is as a result of carelessness of  the user. User sometimes enter there private key on phishing website or they are careless on forums snd chat room to click dangerous, malicious link!
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:19:01 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

Did you expose your private key because coins cannot be stolen without that.

It may expose the private key or click any phishing sites that may lead to hack all your token. This is most advise never click any links that would scam your token. In mew there are many hacker so be careful and save your private keys.
Dfinest

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:19:40 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, bro, you should run an antivirus program asap to see if your system is infected with some kind of malicious program or not. Be very careful from now on!
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:23:09 PM

As you mentioned, in Bitcoin you trust so if you're using another altcoin it will break your own motto,right ?

MEW is a great place for people to scam especially when new people who just joined crypto world because they still no have idea with private key etc
Also if you're getting unknown link, just stay away because it may contains malware that will steal your MEW private key / password
DirectDeposit

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 05:23:32 PM

That's unfortunate... Reseaech before investing is key.
shwetaji

Activity: 134

CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:31:09 PM

Oh, very sad. Your all tokens stolen in MEW. Its reason that you mentioned your key in your account. So anybody stolen your all tokens very easily.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com- SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS    ◆    [Join ICO Now]    ◆    Whitepaper / ANN Thread    ◆    TFSTL
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:45:10 PM

You may be exposed to phishing, as most MEW accounts are hacked as a result of many fake website domains. But I think this is also a mistake yourself, usually because less careful when entering the website.
My suggestion is better you create a new MEW account
rahul10948

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:48:00 PM

its all about phishing..you just enter your private key with the wrong /scam website.always checked the green URL on the left upper corner and than proceed. for now you can only checked your transaction and trace where your token has  been transferred... unfortunately you can do nothing with my ether wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: