Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:55:07 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

When you are stolen, you will lose everything and no one is responsible for you. The Crypto market is so, you have to know how to protect your computer and account. I have been hacked a wallet MEW but the amount is not too large. So I always be careful and never down the computer harmful software. That is my sincere advice.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:57:11 PM

Unfortunately, I think that all this can not be returned, because it is a blockchain. There was such a situation when Vitaly Buterin still dropped the blockchain, because there was a lot of money there.
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:58:41 PM

If you are hacked means you are somewhere lit up your private key, just create a new account to use it, I think it is not safe, and next time check where you go from what site
I think his computer has been compromised, There is malware available in his computer. You should check the entire computer and clean it before creating a new wallet, only then can he really be safe

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
oleganpetro

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:14:05 PM

If you are hacked means you are somewhere lit up your private key, just create a new account to use it, I think it is not safe, and next time check where you go from what site
I think his computer has been compromised, There is malware available in his computer. You should check the entire computer and clean it before creating a new wallet, only then can he really be safe
All right, but still do not need to keep secret keys on your computer.Print or copy to a USB flash drive.But honestly, I don’t understand why developers won’t make a more secure online wallet.

MelodyCrypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 04:19:08 PM

MEW got hacked usually because of these 3 causes

1. Phishing site
2. Virus in your computer
3. You entered the wrong private into the bounty spreadsheet

the bad news is the token has been stolen cannot be returned but you can avoid this so that it doesn't happen again in the future by storing a private key or json file on a different device and dividing it into several wallets according to the value of the token

additional note: never click on any link that comes from an email (90% phishing)
AngellSky

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:42:32 PM

in any case, it seems to me that the ethereum user of the wallet was not paying attention when using his secret keys, and there may also be a situation when unauthorized access to the computer is received. In any case, MEW is the safest wallet.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:45:33 PM

This is so Sad to hear that you have lost all you have worked for. Being hack is a terrible experience and I am sorry about your loss. But I think your private key must have been compromised. I know a lot of persons save their private Key either in there telegram account or in the Google drive which can easily be hack. So this is a security measure to stay safe as well.
Don't participate in phising projects where their website is not secure.
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:45:55 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am sorry for your loss. You should carefully monitor the security of your data. All the bounty companies that you led are now at stake. Unfortunately, bounty managers will hardly change your wallet now.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:56:46 PM

Unfortunately, you will not do anything anymore, it is impossible to return the stolen coins from the wallet. And you can even see the thief and watch his balance, thanks to the blockchain. Only one way out, forget this wallet, open a new one and keep your keys safe.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:11:02 PM

all those involved in crypto currency sooner or later faces the security of funds..on the forum has written a lot of guides on how to store your tokens, that would not be robbed..I feel sorry for you, I also a year ago, revealed two wallets, typically we are guilty, that nablyudaem simple rules, the main of them says: do not store keys on your computer and not to go into the wallet key..
jerry29@

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:26:50 PM

Hacker can do anything they are the products of their choices. Hacker can easily hack mew. It is common now.
krenus

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:41:33 PM

hey, hold on, mate! i hope that wasn't your last money? anyway, panic is no use here, you have to understand the cause of this robbery. just to avoid repeated stuff in the future. good luck with it!

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
LUGHUL

Activity: 387
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 12:00:59 PM

If you want to check where your assets are lost, you can use trace transactions through the etherscan. Only need to enter your eth wallet and all transactions will be visible.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
pinoyden

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:48:11 PM

If you want to check where your assets are lost, you can use trace transactions through the etherscan. Only need to enter your eth wallet and all transactions will be visible.

Thats right . but aside from that , we can also use etherplorer to track our transactions and coins.

~ snip ~

hey, hold on, mate! i hope that wasn't your last money? anyway, panic is no use here, you have to understand the cause of this robbery. just to avoid repeated stuff in the future. good luck with it!

Maybe he have lost alot of money in equevalent to cryptos , thats why he cant move on .   panicking isnt bad at all especially if this is the first time to happen in you  .  it is also impossible to avoid repeated steps because hackers will always do a way to hack us even if how secure we are .

Hacker can easily hack mew. It is common now.

No they cant .  mew is verry popular and that also means it has a solid security due to its number of users  . ita not about hacking but it is phishing on why many users have lost their coins  .
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 08:09:06 AM

Really sometimes it is very frustrating because even though we provide some security measure people are stealing the coins. I think it is impossible to steal without sharing your private key, even i have experienced same by sharing my private key to others. As long as if you don't share your private key you will be in safe hands.
ciang huang

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 06:48:43 PM

I used to be like that, I've lost my token and eth because I once entered a phishing site, which they easily hacked into my wallet freely. Have you ever logged on to Airdrop using the KYC form of utc json file.

jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:23:51 PM

Maybe your put your private key in somewhere place which are not secure or you have been open your wallet in fake sites, that is why someone stolen your private key and they use it to get your coins in your MEW.

Check your transaction history to know where your coins landed.

niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

Maybe your put your private key in somewhere place which are not secure or you have been open your wallet in fake sites, that is why someone stolen your private key and they use it to get your coins in your MEW.
Check your transaction history to know where your coins landed.
I think that if the tokens were stolen, then the private key fell into the hands of the intruders and it makes no sense to use this wallet anymore. There are a lot of similar cases, people enter private keys on phishing sites, save in text messages on a computer that is accessed by attackers.
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:02:33 PM

I see these kinds of things all the time, the crypto money world is dangerous, and I'm surprised why people use software wallets.
elitemobb

Activity: 579

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:50:26 PM

This is really terrible. I myself faced this situation and was shocked. So this is an unreliable wallet and you have to keep your own funds on different ones. Be careful!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: