Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
neocryptrix

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:17:33 PM

I was afraid the same thing happened to me, but later found them by looking on etherscan.io. When I saw them there my anxiety settled and I was able to think more rationally. Eventually I solved my problem by adding the Token's origin address again. Then they magically reappeared. Be careful out there.

? HELIOS PROTOCOL ? ?[DAG]?[BLOCKCHAIN]?[PoS]?[Masternodes] Huh[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]Huh
  HuhWebsite  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  | Bounties  | Discord  |  telegram ¦?Huh
apyong

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:22:38 PM

Yes ive been hacked so many times. It is not safe right now. Be very careful in handling your private keys, and never store it in net. Also avoid suspicious or phishing sites. Hackers can easily store your tokens.
KSHMR

Activity: 259
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 04:27:22 PM

Most of the reason why a MEW wallet has been hacked is because someone knew your private key. If you want to avoid being hacked then use metamask mask.
Ridzik111

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:37:28 PM

Yes, it's a shame that they stole the tokens. But do not be offended and stay soon to change everything. It is necessary to endure and put a better defense. For a long time do not leave your wallet open, or these hackers will quickly climb into your wallet.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:41:41 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

I think you enter in phishing site or wrong exchange site that need to enter your information like private key, password or utc file. If you have important token in your wallet and have potential in the future, I suggest transfer your token in new wallet.

febrian1705

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

why can it happen if you have told your wallet key to someone ..
is there a great hacker who can break into your wallet ...
now you have to make your wallet.
jurgen444

Activity: 134
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:57:21 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

hacking has happened a lot, not only do you experience it, usually happens because you go to a phishing site. if that has happened immediately move all your assets to the new wallet. we must be careful when opening the mew address,

spcae to rent
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:00:49 PM

I am concerned about what you experience and all the tokens you have have been taken by the hacker and nothing can be done, you must forget that because tokens will never return to your wallet
Don Lord

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:01:25 PM

If your wallet is hacked and stolen all your money, then you have unfortunately do not do anything, it's certainly a shame, but nothing will be done. Create a new wallet and keep the secret key better.
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:05:41 PM

Check the transaction dates and see if you can link that to your device being left somewhere public or installing some new software. In any case... it is lost.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:33:30 PM

sorry brother. it seems you are now victim of circumstances. it is very unlikely you get back your token but you can check the transaction hash to see the address your token has gone to. probably you can start by posting the details here maybe someone might help. however as you must read several time here or outside bitcointalk that it is not safe to keep information about your wallet on mails or online storage platforms and always check that your are surely visiting the right MEW. maybe you enter your address info on phishing site.
Honourable11

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:39:31 PM

I do not like seeing post like this because anytime I see this it really touched me seriously.
Because how would someone work hard to earn lots of tokens and someone would just steal everything away just like that. It's really sad to see this situation in our community.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:42:28 PM

I do not like seeing post like this because anytime I see this it really touched me seriously.
Because how would someone work hard to earn lots of tokens and someone would just steal everything away just like that. It's really sad
That is why you have to be very careful, keep your computer safe, run antivirus often and what is most important don't get phished. Don't click on links received in email, bookmark real link and click only that one.
Scammers change one or two characters and sometimes is hard to notice difference between real site and phishing site.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:42:52 PM

It's really painful to going through issues of hacked wallet, am very sorry for your loss. But for your tokens to be hacked, someone else had access to your private keys. Maybe you unintentionally used it on a phishing website or you gave authentication to an app which took advantage of your novelty.
jonytran

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:22:09 PM

The only possible way is that someone stole your private keys. Lips sealed
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:41:07 PM

And this most likely happened through a phishing site.
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:45:19 PM

And maybe he clicked on some google adveertisement and visited phishing site. That is why google blocked all crypto adveertisements to protect people...
And this most likely happened through a phishing site.

Lucky-marsik

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:45:53 PM

most likely, instead of a wallet private key somewhere inserted, without a private key nothing can steal. or your computer was hacked, for such cases you need to use firewalls and a good antivirus

okaypool

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:47:07 PM

I have never heard that someone could recover their coins if they were stolen. Here it remains only to accept. And what conclusion? you need to be more careful when you visit sites, and check their validity. And in any case, do not store on your computer a secret key from your wallet.
NOTARIUS_BTC

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

I heard this in the chat in Telegram, that the person hacked the wallet and took two Bitcoin because of the negligence of the owner of the wallet. I think it's possible to break into the wallet if the person makes a mistake.

❍  buglab ❍
████  Cybersecurity Penetration Testing ████   
on the Ethereum Blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: