Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:40:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
feranmi2018

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 05:36:14 AM

I have said it many times that mew wallet is what people complain about most time. Because most people using it will have to go to the web page each time they want to do a simple thing. Try and start using imtoken I think it is much safer compare to mew
Laskid

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:45:07 AM

Wow this hacker are not good people I don't just know why people can't work for themselves rather than stealing from others the exchange most be vigilante enough in other to keep there customers safe
big_bankir

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:35:34 PM

Yes, unfortunately, Ethereum-wallet MyEtherWallet hacked, it was in April, 2018, namely, the threat of hackers have attacked DNS-servers, they were simply replaced in order to redirect users to a phishing site.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:41:11 PM

Your PC or scratch pad should likewise be in protection, not to fall under the control of other individuals or families. Since the majority of that worries your cash. You should remember that in internet there is no guarantee of safety you should be alert at all times.
Binauf
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:41:43 PM

Sorry for your loss. I honestly cannot imagine what it would feel like to lose a coin. I think you should have a back up and everyday acoount. Lastly, do not fill airdrops asking for verification as thats a coy to steal your coins.

Solarex ICO         Powering African Project         Solarex ICO     
Disruptive, Decentralised and Democratised  Solar Energy Ecosystem
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:45:31 PM

A very harsh but very important lesson you leraned in the most hardest way. I feel sorry but probably you hit a phishing link. Thats why hardware wallets are handy.
Job7work

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:46:16 PM

you most likely got to the site of scammers who stole your password and brought all your coins, be careful next time
jho0810

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:56:50 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

Always be careful in some links that you click because it's possible that because of that links they can steal your private key that's why they hacked your wallet. There's so many phishing sites and links now so always be careful.

https://usdq.platinum.fund/
Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀  $1MLN BOUNTY POOL  ///JOIN///  ▀█
waitinglist

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:13:22 AM

whether you are really hacked or just a constraint on your laptop so that when you open it mew, you are not fully loading so that the stored token you have is not there. at that moment I felt whether Mew I had been hacked against irresponsible people but I tried it in my own way. I deleted my mew from Google Chrome and I downloaded it again and again, with the note I still hold the private key. After that I did it again add a token and it turns out all my tokens are still there.

Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:41:14 AM

Yes ive been hacked several times, i feel devastated too. I now used metamask in mew to have more security and to prevent being hacked.
cryptobrzy

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:59:23 AM

If you are using myetherwallet it is not recommended for you to use your private keys directly on the website and the same can be said for your parity phrase because once they get compromised, you can loose your tokens.
It is better to use meta mask web extension to prevent hacks and phsing scams.

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:05:58 AM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

Maybe you just logon into a phishing site, a lot of phishing site nowadays in order to steal peoples money, so lets be more careful and cautious everything we click in the internet.

Start to move on and be more careful next time. Making money is easy if you have strategy, take extra control my friend.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
TranPi16

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:24:02 PM

I have a friend stolen wallet just like you. The reason is that he has access to a spoofed address and when he receives the mail and accesses that link. He did not realize * .com and * .co, so he accidentally revealed his wallet.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:37:08 PM

It is hard to believe because I trust MEW so much and I have never had thefts or another similar problems. I think that the guilt is on yourself of the larger part.
Many people do not take the security of their coins as seriously as they should, you just need to look at the early days of bitcoin and you will see many people that lost their private keys and lost access to their wallets and lost hundreds of bitcoins, people like that should be really sorry of what they did because if they had access to those coins they will be millionaires.
earn20

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:35:52 PM

I've never hacked those wallets, and I don't know how that's possible. But if break - means as the perhaps.

■ KuBitX ■
█ Cryptocurrency Exchange & Trading Platform █
focused on:  knowledge | security | accessibility | excellence | ethics
amitkumratra

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:51:47 PM

I feel sorry about you but what you can do now. I have also heard about this hacking activity from my friend, when his account was also hacked. But afterwards he use Trezor hardware wallet to give more security to his myetherwallet account. Here you also must take precautions and remember that always open your account in Incognito window, never click on suspicious links and before opening any site URL always double cross check & then open it. And always remember to use hardware wallet for strongest security. In this way you will always be in safe side.
handyhuman

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:47:43 PM

I am sorry for your loss mate. I know its hard, I myself was stolen months ago. But now I always take precautions and safety measures when dealing crypto investments
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:53:51 PM

Yes ive been hacked several times, i feel devastated too. I now used metamask in mew to have more security and to prevent being hacked.
The main reason of why people always got hacked when using MEW is the fact that they  always use direct private key log in to access their address while it's really dangerous and most of the phishing site trying to lure people that use private key to login to just give away their credentials data, Im always confused why people are trying to expose themselves into such overwhelming risk

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:54:35 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 12:40:43 AM by akashark

This is happening continuously, even I lost 11K USD by MEW hacking. A few months ago, I posted details here, and everyone suggested me to buy a hardware wallet, Now I have a Nano Ledger S hardware wallet and I am working hard to earn back! So, whatever happened, You should move out and continue your works. I suggest you buy a hardware wallet without any delay, within 1 week you will get your wallet on hands. Good Luck

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 12:24:30 AM

I guess it's either someone has your private key beside yourself or perhaps you had click or open a link that is phishing. Be very careful with the links and/or the websites you are visiting as some are done intentionally to get your account information. Stop using your old wallet at create a new one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: