Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:38:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:11:03 PM
Merited by Bonwin (1)

There are ways to confirm if your wallet was truly hacked. You can confirm the transaction of etherscan and see if those tokens were transferred. There are times that we might have malware attack on our system or any device we use. If this happens the tokens in your wallet are likely to be affected. So, if there is no history of transaction, you then have to clean your device of any malware, because most times, what we see as cases of hack are not, but mere disruption of system.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:22:59 AM

Have you ever visited a market exchange site before, and entered your private key? it could be that the market exchange site that you are visiting is phishing. just try to contact support, and ask how to restore the token that has been stolen.
harapan

Activity: 1722
Merit: 298

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:35:34 AM

if your wallet is hacked, of course all the tokens you have are in the hacker's wallet, maybe you have joined an airdrop that has a phishing site so that your wallet is hacked, there's nothing you can do right now, just forget about it and re-gather from scratch

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
tredingaltec

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 12:37:32 AM

How can that happen if you don't hand over a private key to someone else it's impossible?
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:48:57 AM

The action on where your coin goes does not matter anymore because there will no other way for you to retrieve it. I think you entered one of those phishing sites and they were able to hack your private key. This is a clear example that no matter how careful you are if hackers wants to login to your wallet, they can do that. I am sure you are very careful in accessing your wallet but this stuff really happens and there is nothing we can do about it. Sad.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
harley.kitty

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:08:05 AM

You may have been the victim of a phishing attack, malware, remote-access hack (e.g. via Teamviewer), or something similar. I cannot easily tell you how this could have happened without knowing what you do. Unfortunately, once a transaction is on the blockchain, it's final.

In order to prevent this from happening in the future please:

- Bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/ and only access the site via your own bookmark.
- Get a Ledger or Trezor -or- create a new, secure wallet & back it up offline.
- Move all funds from all accounts you have to this new, secure account as soon as possible.

In order to prevent this from happening in the future please:

- Send us the URL(s) you accessed, or Ethereum-related applications you may have downloaded.
- Send us any malicious websites or applications you visited or downloaded. We send takedown requests and warn others.
- Post a comment on all the addresses that your ETH was moved to on https://etherscan.io/ saying that this account robbed you. This will help others know that this person is a thief in the future.

That is some advice given from MyEtherWallet.com
Hopefully this can be a learning for all of us, especially yourself as a victim.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:24:14 AM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

There is nothing to do you must know that in this market once you lose your coins then everything is over, this is the main reason of why people recommend over and over again to take the security of your coins as your main priority, now the only thing you can do is to try to discover how the hacker did this so you can avoid that happening to you in the future.
Bosunbossman

Activity: 315

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:48:32 PM

Oh sorry to hear about that, but the reason behind your token being stolen from MEW might have come from your own carelessness either when you mistakenly inserted your private key to a phising link, or you have once disclosed your key to someone else. But to avoid such next time please do not google search mew link and do not disclose your private key to anyone and please it is also safe to use metamask so get metamask on any of your browser extension.

HYDAX GRID TRADING ⎈ BOUNTY
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ OTC ⎈ Contract ⎈ Listing ⎈ Affiliate

Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 10:58:00 PM

Mostly, this is as a result of close friends. So investigate the matter with the people around you. Secondly, if you are someone who saves private keys together with wallet addresses, then it might be that you mistakenly copied the private key and sent for payment of some tokens. You may have signed in to a phishing site and your details stolen. These may be the main reasons why your account will get hacked.s

Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 04:25:27 PM

It has been with many people even before and in the present, every day someone is a victim of such hacking. To protect your MEW, never click on any link that asks you to log in to your account and never use your private key to login your account as it always has a phishing link to get your credentials. The only and best option to fully secure the coins is the hardware wallet.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
sky9314

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:51:57 PM

In my opinion, it is impossible for a hacker to transfer cryptocurrency by cracking the private key. More likely, your security protection is not in place during the use of the computer. Maybe your computer is being hacked by a Trojan or a hacker. Not because of the problem with MEW wallet.
_BLOCKERA_

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:55:12 PM

In today's world, I would argue with people who talk about the impossible. I recommend you to contact the developer and protect yourself.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:09:06 PM

Mostly, this is as a result of close friends. So investigate the matter with the people around you. Secondly, if you are someone who saves private keys together with wallet addresses, then it might be that you mistakenly copied the private key and sent for payment of some tokens. You may have signed in to a phishing site and your details stolen. These may be the main reasons why your account will get hacked.s
This is important, even while hackers may be responsible for the loss of coins there is the possibility that someone close to you stole those coins, so you must an effort to try to keep a low profile when you are gathering coins because in the future once those coins get very valuable criminals will be looking for targets to steal those coins from you.
LaurenProfi

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:28:04 PM

Personally, I have no how this is possible ? OK No Problem ! In our time is not safe nor single portal in the Internet ! Hack everything from mail to Bank cards!

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Priaa165

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:02:01 AM

Personally, I have no how this is possible ? OK No Problem ! In our time is not safe nor single portal in the Internet ! Hack everything from mail to Bank cards!
We know that everything happen for a reason, and everything is gone eventually and can't return. You can see it via tx. Maybe you've made a mistake that made everything hacked, or maybe accidentally you entered a phishing site. Because there are many phishing websites now. But dont stop here, just keep it up that good work mate. I know it's not easy but we know that it's worth it.
citydragoon

Activity: 173

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:33:29 PM

It is hard to believe because I trust MEW so much and I have never had thefts or another similar problems. I think that the guilt is on yourself of the larger part.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
bitcoinpeople1

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:19:33 AM

I have seen a lot of people complain about the same thing on this platform, and it is always heartbreaking to see someone get their account hacked, and have their coins stolen. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I wish I could tell you that there was a way you could get your coins back, but I'm not sure of that. Please be more careful with your dealings, and I really hope that this doesn't happen again. Not to you, or anyone else.
www_blockchain

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:35:54 PM

Myetherwallet wallet uses several types of authorization to login. The most popular of which is the entrance with a private key, in order to enter you need to use several characters, arranged in a unique sequence. To get this code, scammers often use fake sites very similar to MyEtherWallet in the domain name of which one or more letters are replaced, and users, not seeing the difference, show the private key to the scammers, who in turn get full control.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:41:03 PM

These happen in every users got hacked their tokens in mew. It is very important to keep safe our coins in the wallet. Never click any link that may hack your all coins, untrusted website or phishing link which causes to stole your coins. I had my all coins in my mew and it were all safe.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:23:09 AM

I think you got yourself phished. Your private key was accesed when you entered it on the phishing site. It is sad to know when someone lost their coins. Those lowly scammers will get punished someday. I'm sure they will. Karma strikes in different ways. Their time will come.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: