Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
konomi

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:39:23 AM

I don't want to believe that this is true, because I have been using MEW wallet all the time. I have never encountered any problems during the process. Maybe you went to a phishing website, it has stolen your private key.

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
lebedi

Activity: 197
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:16:43 PM

Today there are too many thefts in crypto, it means that crypto must be proteted with more modern way because if it will be growing people will move out of this I am sure.
popox

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:24:55 PM

MEW is not exception at all and it is not surprising. I have lost a lot of money there too but I think that you must have few wallets to make your money saved.

hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:44:46 PM

Unfortunately , someone stole your private key. It is important to understand that this is not a MEW problem, but only your personal negligence in relation to storing passwords and maintaining computer security and using the Internet. It’s very easy for a hacker to steal your passwords from the browser’s cache if you click on a phishing link. Therefore, I recommend to use a separate device to access the wallet, which is used only for these purposes.
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:49:36 PM

Your own situation is actually this type of horrible it is possible to examine the actual current dealings in your accounts to understand the actual accounts exactly where your own money tend to be used in.
angel55

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:57:21 PM

Today there are too many thefts in crypto, it means that crypto must be proteted with more modern way because if it will be growing people will move out of this I am sure.

There are a lot of thefts but you can't single it out to just crypto.   Theft is rampant in every sector: Bank Fraud, Religious cult schemes, forgery, money laundering, crypto isn't targeted more than other targets.

Unfortunately, I have a friend that lost a lot of money to a fakemyetherwallet website. Always double check everything!
Stella27

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:10:07 PM

I lament you confronted this circumstance, yet you can't make a move, simply take care about your protection keeping in mind the end goal to keep these circumstances in future. I additionally lost tokens 2 times, I can't help thinking that I entered my private key on DEX trade phishing site.
gulshan1

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 03:11:02 PM

The main reason is private key and you have not keep it at safe place then it is your mistake and there is no any recovery of it because it has happened many time in the crypto field due to the looser person.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
apyong

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:11:15 PM

Truly ive been hacked so often. It isn't sheltered at the present time. Be exceptionally cautious in taking care of your private keys, and never store it in net. Additionally keep away from suspicious or phishing destinations. Programmers can without much of a stretch store your tokens.
funex

Activity: 573

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 03:14:00 PM

oh! sorry about that , you must have mistakenly clicked on a phishing link that looks like MEW, that is what hackers used in stealing peoples tokens. i have fallen victim twice on two different.

I do advise people to avoid MEW , its a web wallet and if you choose to access it with private key , its very risky and can be exposed to cheap hackers anytime.

I use IMTOKEN and other app wallets that are compatible with mt ERC20 tokens. with these app wallets you need only your password to login which is more secured than using private key.  

If you must use MEW then connect it to metamask that is safer too.

right now what you need to do is, download imtoken,  transfer the remaining token out to the IMTOKEN . Don't forget if you expose your Imtoken private key you will still be hacked. the good thing with App wallets like I  said earlier is that you don't need your private key to login.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Sab11

Activity: 524

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:14:48 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

now a days many pishing site and hackers spreading, i think you enter your pk in phishing MEW wallet so thats why your money gon,e better to bookmar the right site of mew to your browser so you can avoid hackers. Sorry for your lost brad.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:24:12 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

You have been entered into a phishing site I think or you sign up to an airdrop form where you need to submit your private key I think. Better be more careful next time because scammers and hackers nowadays are more tricky in their methods.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
virtual_miner

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:24:48 PM

I remember once myetherwallet was attacked and many people at that time when logged into their wallets. Hacker will automatically transfer their ETH to the hacker wallet, and the hacker has stolen more than $ 20 million
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:35:43 PM

i think you are simply a victim of a phishing attempt you need to verify where you put your privitekey or your pc is infected with a keylogger good luck in your future investment
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:49:44 PM

I remember once myetherwallet was attacked and many people at that time when logged into their wallets. Hacker will automatically transfer their ETH to the hacker wallet, and the hacker has stolen more than $ 20 million
I don't think it is possible to hack into your wallet if your private key is not stone from you, it is been a while i have been using Mew wallet, i keep my private key properly.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
staravoitov

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:59:25 PM

You should keep your private key as safe as possible. Do not entrust it to anyone! Not even your mother! It is not bad to doubt everyone especially when it comes to your money or investments.

Never click on suspicious sites or links sent to your email. This is the most common way of phishing. I just can't see why many still fall for this! If a link was sent to you and it is to direct you to your wallet address, don't fall for that. It's an obvious phishing attempt. Go directly to the main site. This is the safest access.
I agree. Phishing would seem a ridiculous attempt to steal money, but unfortunately it is still very effective. Often people are not attentive where they go and where they enter their key and because of the usual neglect they find themselves in such situations.

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
FirstCryptic

Activity: 112

🔵The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:21:16 PM

If you entered your secret key only on the etherdelta and on the MEW website, then nothing fraudulent will come and all your money will not be stolen. My friends and I trust MEW-wallet.

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space
     TOKEN SALE      ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

Yes ive been hacked several times, i feel devastated too. I now used metamask in mew to have more security and to prevent being hacked.
The main reason of why people always got hacked when using MEW is the fact that they  always use direct private key log in to access their address while it's really dangerous and most of the phishing site trying to lure people that use private key to login to just give away their credentials data, Im always confused why people are trying to expose themselves into such overwhelming risk

So sorry for your losses, guys. Here's the guide on creating a secure wallet for your coins:
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@tomshwom/tomshwom-s-advanced-crypto-security-guide-part-3-creating-a-secure-wallet
Creating a wallet is a difficult task, especially if you are not one of those technologically advanced users. But still it's worth of trying, as in result you'll get safe and secure storage for your cryptos.
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:53:34 PM

So sorry for your losses, guys. Here's the guide on creating a secure wallet for your coins:
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@tomshwom/tomshwom-s-advanced-crypto-security-guide-part-3-creating-a-secure-wallet
Creating a wallet is a difficult task, especially if you are not one of those technologically advanced users. But still it's worth of trying, as in result you'll get safe and secure storage for your cryptos.

Thank you for the guide, a lot of useful information, I have long solved this issue for myself, but it will be very useful for beginners. I would recommend creating a forum thread so that as many people as possible can familiarize themselves with your work.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MR_Klip

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:38:32 AM

Steel is a project, which will gonna hold an ICO preety soon. They are going to create some kind of tor-similar network, which should be the best way of protection for any kind of information or file. However, I am not sure about funding, but idea is worth attention.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: