Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All my tokens in MEW stolen!  (Read 4518 times)
megumineth

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:28:12 AM

That's so weird, just you did go the wrong address, try to bookmark the link address on the taskbar, do not find it on google.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:25:21 AM

I feel sorry about you but what you can do now. I have also heard about this hacking activity from my friend, when his account was also hacked. But afterwards he use Trezor hardware wallet to give more security to his myetherwallet account. Here you also must take precautions and remember that always open your account in Incognito window, never click on suspicious links and before opening any site URL always double cross check & then open it. And always remember to use hardware wallet for strongest security. In this way you will always be in safe side.
While the advice that you're giving is not bad that is not enough, many people are using very insecure operating systems like Windows, and as we know there are probably hundreds of ways to get your coins if you are using an insecure machine, so even if it can be troublesome for a lot of people they need to start to use an operating system like the Linux to avoid this.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:53:21 AM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

I am devastated. Has anyone else been hacked how is this possible?

I am not sure what to do! please advice folks.

It really felt devastated when you know that you've been hacked and nothing to do with it. Sorry for that being happened, I also experienced to be hacked in MEW account and I felt the same though only valued coin had gone from it. I suspected as that it happened because of airdrop. I tried joining some of that and turned this way. Maybe it is good to apply more security on the account.

marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:17:54 AM

You can track where your funds go in the etherscan, but I don't think it will be possible for you to recover your lost funds. You may be a victim of a phishing attack. Make sure to make a comment on the ethereum address that stole your account for it to be flagged. I felt bad for you, sorry. Next time, better strive hard to ensure that your credentials are stored safe.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
sabarr

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:44:21 AM

You can check where the tokens you have come out because each token that comes out will have a history in the transaction, you have to remember again whether you ever accidentally said or wrote private keys that you have, because they can take tokens if they have private keys
Mosemi

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:39:10 AM

I did not encounter this problem with MEW before but it is likely that mew is hacked so far many users can testify to it. Now that I was information that MEW is not safe I will not make us of it.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:14:13 PM

See the transaction in etherscan first, if you see the token entered into another wallet then you can browse it all with etherscan.
If your token is not yet in MEW then you can press the "add token" button because MEW often interrupts the network.
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

I just logged into MEW and when check my balance everything except 45 tokens everything else has gone! My wallet was hacked, but where have all my tokens gone?

if it has happened that you can only ignore, just be careful not to repeat the same event. You must be careful in maintaining Pv or information about the wallet. buying wallet hardware is also an alternative to keep your assets safe.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
delton22

Activity: 345

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 12:45:33 PM

i am very sorry for your loss. Cry Guys please we should be careful about the MEW platform and ensure that you are using the right URL. After creating a MEW account please import the private key into IMTOKEN or TRUST wallets. this is safer because there are so many hackers on the MEW platform
Eddi45

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:08:38 PM

do not be logging into myetherwallet (MEW) again.. it is very risky because hackers are everywhere that wants to get access to your wallet and move out all you potential tokens, once its been hacked, there is no way out because they now control it through your private key
FurDich

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:19:23 PM

I am sorry for your loss. Once it has lost, the tokens will never come back nor can be retrieved. my advise, never open in MEW just to view your tokens. there are sites out there solely for viewing wallets only like ethplorer.com only open in MEW when doing transactions and make sure to bookmarked your previously open MEW page. that is needed to avoid phishing sites.
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

I have the same experience. I had to move out rest of my tokens and tell bounty managers to send my previous reward to new address.
I hate those scammers stealing tokens.

elcoblast

Activity: 390

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:21:04 PM

whether you input private key in some website you visited before??
track tx transaction in etherscan, or search address received your token in google, if you luck you can get information address on this forum.

never input your private in not trusted website

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:30:29 PM

MEW is somehow not save when it comes to phishing that is why is more important to use Metamask to protect your wallet as the boys are seriously working day and night to find solution to all site by phishing and once you fall victim then bye gone are your tokens.

daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:34:59 PM

I am very sad to hear this, because it must be very painful, but there is not much to do, because it is impossible to get it back, but you can still track it down from your tokens transaction via etherscan

Eric

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:43:17 PM

I am really sorry for your loss mate. I lost also 5k dollar value of token in one hacking issue 5 months ago. Really sorry for that. I cant understand how these guys take your private key.
Sorry bro .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:48:12 PM

You need to plug your public address into a block explorer and see if there were any outgoing transactions.  It's possible that someone was able to access your remote keys.  Once they are compromised you WILL lose your coins.  It's very important that you maintain security on your keys at all times and never give them out to anyone.  Even if you have excellent anti-virus it's possible to have your keys stolen.  My TeamViewer credentials were compromised once and they were able to log in to one of my computers and get my Bitcoin wallet.  Luckily it was encrypted.  It also had no coins in it, but I learned a very valuable lesson.
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:54:51 PM

You should keep your private key as safe as possible. Do not entrust it to anyone! Not even your mother! It is not bad to doubt everyone especially when it comes to your money or investments.

Never click on suspicious sites or links sent to your email. This is the most common way of phishing. I just can't see why many still fall for this! If a link was sent to you and it is to direct you to your wallet address, don't fall for that. It's an obvious phishing attempt. Go directly to the main site. This is the safest access.

mattujusuruga

Activity: 728
Merit: 48

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:55:32 PM

I am concerned about hear that, What happen?? maybe you can tell us what you do before your token gone?? About 1 week ago i read thread about that, and most of them before get stole he install plugin, aftet that he get hacked. No one can help, dont give up start again, make that's experience to be more careful in the future
MrKasperOne

Activity: 316
Merit: 3

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:16:04 AM

The easiest advice. Buy a ledger. and use the wallet is not in the browser, and download yourself a desktop wallet!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: