Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:22:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on choosing the right ICO  (Read 3337 times)
GADARRELL

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

Horizon Communications - Founder and CEO

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 04:08:29 AM

I consider a few things:

1. Geographical location (I prefer ICOs located in the US, Canada, or UK - strong accountability)
2. Team experience
3. Strength of idea and target market
4. Long-term prospects
5. Clear and concise roadmap
6. Valuation (how much funding they are asking for compared to how much makes sense to myself)
7. Quality of advisory team
8. Publicity (live television interviews on big networks is preferable)

I'm launching Horizoncomm.co , it's a wireless telecom service that will be based in the Caribbean and headquartered in Bermuda.

I've also been placed on me cryptocurrency Task Force in Bermuda to focus on bringing [Suspicious link removed]panies to the island

I decided  a while back  to integrate blockchain, and a good way to fundraise is using an ICO.

Why? Well this is one of the 1st and probably the most successful ways for a company to raise capital via crowd funding.  If I was making the next smart watch then Kickstarter would be great, but for a services business (like Horizon) there really wasn't a model before now that worked.

Absolutely, we don't need a token, but we are trying to be open to various ways our token can be beneficial. The easiest way is just paying a dividend and since we're not based in the USA we're OK to do so. But I'm also looking at other benefits such as discounted / free services, partnering with other companies etc.

I totally agree. Having a very strong team in a country that is well-known for being a business-friendly and highly trustworthy jurisdiction I think should be one of the criteria in investing in these new startups.

I would imagine soon enough that the "bar" companies will have to meet in order to get funding will rise, unfortunately due to bad actors in cryptocurrency there will have to be a higher standard so that investors do not get burned as often.

horizoncomm.co ▬ Horizon Communications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gorgeous011235

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:00:36 AM

First of all i take a look at the product/service to be developed and then i read the whitepaper and scan the team's portfolio..
It's important for me to invest in a project that has got already a prototype or a beta of the product the want to build.
The total cap they want to reach during ICO is also important...if it's too big i tend not to invest.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
erasheed28

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:19:04 AM

You should visit their site immediately if you saw some advertisement of an ICO that caught your attention, with good website it is an indicator that the team itself is really serious with their project but it take note, it's not applicable all the time as there are good ICOs that has small team yet very talented members, and next thing you do is to look at the project's platform, roadmap, and objectives like what exchanges they want to get listed and how long after the ICO is done, these things can be easily found at the ICO's whitepaper, Consider the state or country they are located as well since it can affect the ICO program with their legislation or tax laws.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:30:41 AM

I usually ask the opinion of my colleagues who have become bounty managers, they usually know the project and the ICO is good, so all this time when I will follow bounty I always always ask their expert opinion
bitlyra

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

crestonium.io - 0% fees cryptobank

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:31:35 AM

In choosing the right Project or ICO, you must check and read the whitepaper of the project. See what this project all about, its RaodMap, if this has a telegram where you can ask about the bounty. Then you check the raised token also if how much did it raised for the bounty.

kyenkirke1976

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:49:36 AM

for me the most important is to look the people behind the project. the location. and search the information written in the site if it is  reliable
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:18:02 PM

You can check here ICO rating http://icorating.com
What I am doing in choosing the right ICO are the following:
1. I do my own research about the project especially the people behind the project (developers).
2. I check on the whitepaper, thoroughly read it and do some analysis if it is beneficial or not, has a future or none.
3. I do some background check on the manager of the ICO like the trust rating, which is my basis because there are some managers with high negative trust.
4. Always be wise in joining ICO by asking others also about it.
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:27:53 PM

How to choose the right tips for choosing a good project?

I think You check www.bountylord.com for you to find of how the ico is potential or not mate. Just always remember that the team of the ico must be active most of the time together with the too must also update their investors and participants in the campaign.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:41:59 AM

You should have to research first on the ico that interest you a lot to join into. Read their whitepaper , their roadmaps. Good ico is really hard to find , there are ico that are right in the start but when it ends , there goes what is really their true faces , they only steal their investors money and eventually runaway with it.

tukangsiomay

Activity: 546
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:02:47 AM

you can check at https://hoticolist.com/ its a recommend ICO listing you can choose
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:51:29 AM

Choose ICO which is nice of course can be seen based on the experience of the team that handles ICO. If you have experienced large projects could be just the ICO's current run is also going well.
xaft

Activity: 106

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 07:55:25 AM

i think these are amazing tips which can help me
kumara

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:34:02 PM

I would not consider ICOs as so many are scams and wading through them fraught with danger. Too often they are just a mean to fund nothing more than good ideas with no or little physical counterpart. Even the legit ones usually crash and burn after the early whale investors dump.

I strongly recommend you look into Intensecoin http://intensecoin.com a project that is only four months old and yet has a lot of potential for a breakout in 2018. Intensecoin is a CryptoNote based coin and so has a lot of the privacy features of Monero, (uses Bytecoin 2.0 code) such as untraceable, unlinkable, and totally anonymous transactions; but because it also uses more of the up to date Bytecoin code is also very fast with lower fees. Intense also uses a hybrid POW/POS. The POS features an innovative secure VPN tunnel on the blockchain.

The VPN is built into the wallet creates secure endpoints for others and leaving your wallet open you have the option of selling secure VPN services, and charging whatever you wish. Commercial VPN's charge upwards to $100 and when push comes to shove they will share your info with LEO's.

This coin is price is around 50 sats ($0.007) and right now can only be bought at https://stocks.exchange/trade/ITNS/BTC
But major exchanges are in the works for 2018.

Check out the whitepaper and roadmap at http://intensecoin.com
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:52:16 AM

It's been said that 90%+ of them are either scams or amount to nothing.. so i guess luck is probably the best tip lol

:]
Criptomen@30

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:33:48 PM

It's been said that 90%+ of them are either scams or amount to nothing.. so i guess luck is probably the best tip lol
I hear that too. Luck is a factor but you have to do youre homework search the Best projects
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:03:07 PM

hello friend,
Lots of scam and also fake ico are present in the crypto market.Better analysis the best ico in the website like icorating and icobench which are some of the standard and best review agency.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Geila

Activity: 227

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:41:41 PM

Looking for information about developers. Read the technical description of the company. Look at social media activity and promotions. Check their roadmaps. Try to choose projects focused on the real sectors of the economy or IT
crypto_sagor

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:06:25 PM

You can get idea from their  Whitepaper,  their Roadmap,  hoow is team  and search on google . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://kwhcoin.com/)
Alexarik

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:25:39 PM

Many factors influence the choice of ICO. Total market cap, founder and adviser and technical team, past track record of the team - developers are the one who keeps the project going and you need to find if they were reputable ones and do a background search, utility of the token in the real word.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:40:05 AM

How to choose the right ico
well honestly this is a bit hard but for you to get a nice or good ico
you need to research about the project, know whos behind the project
what company use the project, and how many voume there is and circulating supply
see if also they have good credibility in the market, what exchange they are targeting
most of the time these are the simple guides to find a right ico
Well for me the best thing that I do when toknow if itbis the best ICO.
Was to test the capability of the propect ICO to handle a project.
I also see the number of successful project that it been promote.
It is also important to check the bond of the team and the ability of them to work together.
So that you will have an idea on how they could handle your project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: