Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:43:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

^^^ The pool I'm on has 80% of the network hashing power.  Cool

You had 80% ;-) Some big mining farm has switched out as ETN is not the most profitable now!

and it's back - where are you mining !?
pengvisor

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:18:44 PM

Why would you create a new wallet fo every transaction? This is an overkill. Create different level wallets. Long-term that you just put into, mid term and short term - that is it,  maybe few of each. But when you make a lot of transactions you should use the same wallet. It's like you would create a new paypal account for each transaction you do.  Any way I will check how long it takes for me to sync from scratch.

Once you have synced your node(electroneumd.exe) then syncing new/old wallets(electroneum-wallet-cli.exe) is very quick. 

I know.. and this is not what we are talking about - Pilchard  stated that he creates wallets for every transaction. For me, that is just way too much. You don't need that at all.
2nd thing he said that it takes 52 minutes to update new wallet to be up to date with blockchain. That is a different thing - you can have your blockchain updated but when you generate new wallet it will still need to scan entire height - currently 61524 blocks.

I just did a test, run a wallet from scratch, and sync took exactly 7 minutes. So not that long for my taste.
skybot13x

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:21:38 PM

Even Electroneum team failed to give the coins to the investors sending photos is not enough and development is more important and collected more than 40millions and giving not clarity in terms own blockchain. They are giving any exact ETA about release.

What do you mean? The Electroneum team has been quite transparent about their stuff or is there something I missed now?

They are updating but they are not releasing anything. Every day we are checking for updates no special news like releasing the wallets and coins. May be they are dragging  thing more longer.

Any idea what their intentions for doing that could be? Why would they hold everything back?

Oh yes, think you missed the main point .... they have been so transparent that no one knows where the ico coins are of if they still exist and not stolen. I haven't seen my account since the day after I bought in.
Transparency is no excuse for incompetence, but this is the ico world so I guess we have to pray that there will be a silver lining some day.

They said in a few videos that ICO coins are on the blockchain and that no any coin was stolen.

https://youtu.be/BGmcE1U_070?t=1m45s @1m45s

Yes I tend to think the same way as joboy84. The whole project looks serious to me and I don't believe they will disappear and run off with the money. They put a lot of effort into this. Why should they even bother if their only plan is to steal? I doubt it.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Sticksnseeds

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:48:37 PM

Let’s say electroneum goes live this Friday,I download the app on my friends phone and start mobile mining and buying coins and sending them to his phone,when the iOS application comes out will I be able to transfer everything from his phone to my I phone
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:00:31 PM

Let’s say electroneum goes live this Friday,I download the app on my friends phone and start mobile mining and buying coins and sending them to his phone,when the iOS application comes out will I be able to transfer everything from his phone to my I phone
Yes as far as I know you can send from one ETN app to another ETN app so you should be able to do this when the iOS version is launched
Sticksnseeds

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:24:21 PM

The funniest part is he will not even understand what he has on his phone or what I am doing
A year from now I’ll tell him🤑🤑🤑🤑😂😂😂😂
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:27:55 PM

The funniest part is he will not even understand what he has on his phone or what I am doing
A year from now I’ll tell him🤑🤑🤑🤑😂😂😂😂
friends these days huh? lol
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:34:55 PM

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in details of the electroneum blockchain and simplewallet can help us out here :-)
They already done it, it's a multi million business I'm sure they have the best coder on board they will not hire newbie coder for such a huge project like this every day is such an excited day for electroneum and it will be more excited when the wallet is on still hoping it will go up to $5
fraidycat19

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:47:53 PM

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in details of the electroneum blockchain and simplewallet can help us out here :-)
They already done it, it's a multi million business I'm sure they have the best coder on board they will not hire newbie coder for such a huge project like this every day is such an excited day for electroneum and it will be more excited when the wallet is on still hoping it will go up to $5

Pilchard was saying that a simple wallet might help us with the refresh problem Smiley) You are straight out of context with your promo. Also hope for the coin to reach 5 USD, but before that i hope to access my mining fonds and dump them before the ICO coins are being released next week or so.
armaggedon

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Made a mistake on selling account ddnt read rules

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:27:37 PM

hey ETN, Grab the opportunity on STEAM! Cheesy
STEAM is no longer accepting bitcoin XD
imagine where you can buy games using ETN Cheesy

Please dont mind my reputation. i made a mistake of selling my account. i dont even know that selling of account is prohibited. its my fault cause i dont read the rules
iase

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:31:42 PM

where i can exchange electroneum?
xzentorxz

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:48:21 PM

Hello,  could anyone help me out with this?

The problem I'm having is the wallet taking too long to refresh the blockchain....  Since I like to make new wallets for each significant transaction, and each time I do and need to import the new generated paper wallet into the Cli wallet,  the block refresh for the new wallet takes over 52 minutes.  As you can imagine this is taking up a fair amount of time when I have to do it for every major transaction I make.

There must be some way to speed up the Refresh sync in the electroneum/monero simplewallet

Here's an example with a testing purposes wallet, check the time in windows...

https://imgur.com/R2Oft0U

to

https://imgur.com/t24WDAG

I'm wondering what the bottle neck is here that's causing it to take so long,  My Ryzen 1600 cpu is only at around 14%,    and it's not even pegging one core at 100% so it's not a CPU or singlethread bottleneck..

I have a Samsung 850 pro 256gb SSD,  and it's using hardly any disk speed so it's not a disk access bottleneck..

It's only using about 170ish MB of ram....

So all I can think of is it's a network/internet bottleneck of some kind.....

There should be a way to download the entire Electroneum blockchain and have the wallet scan that for transactions upon creating a new recovered wallet using keys ,  using the fast SSD rather than slow network....?

I've read a little on this subject concerning monero,  which electroneum is a fork of,  anything that works for monero should also work for electroneum.

Here for example it mentions downloading the blockchain...
https://www.monero.how/tutorial-how-to-speed-up-initial-blockchain-sync
However,  I've not yet found how to download Electroneums .raw blockchain data from a trusted source as is available for monero...
And this seems for the most part only be for speeding up the Daemons initial Synchronization with the blockchain rather than the blockchain refresh upon creating a new wallet....

Anyone have any ideas?   Thankyou in advance :-)

The bottleneck is the offline wallet. Because an offline wallet does not know on which height of the blockchain it was created. So a wallet needs to sync all blocks on the first time (this is not the sync of the blockchain).
You can use the simplewallet for your wallet creation it should be much quicker. Or try out my GUI wallet, which is also based on the simplewallet and wallet-rpc: https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet
If you want to throw hardware on it its cpu power you need.

First Electroneum GUI Wallet (open source): https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet/releases
Discussion (reddit): https://goo.gl/8488Cp
Z33IMPUL

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:13:57 PM

That would be awesome.
the_hodler

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:20:12 PM

That would be awesome.

And that would take some time. Right now, the coin has not officially been awarded to the ICO investors. So well. It would take a long time for that. It would be awesome yeah.

Z33IMPUL

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:21:27 PM

That would be awesome.

And that would take some time. Right now, the coin has not officially been awarded to the ICO investors. So well. It would take a long time for that. It would be awesome yeah.

True. I'm planning to hold for a long time so I can be patient.  Grin
pengvisor

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:57:00 PM

The problem I'm having is the wallet taking too long to refresh the blockchain....  Since I like to make new wallets for each significant transaction, and each time I do and need to import the new generated paper wallet into the Cli wallet,  the block refresh for the new wallet takes over 52 minutes.  As you can imagine this is taking up a fair amount of time when I have to do it for every major transaction I make.

There must be some way to speed up the Refresh sync in the electroneum/monero simplewallet

to

I'm wondering what the bottle neck is here that's causing it to take so long,  My Ryzen 1600 cpu is only at around 14%,    and it's not even pegging one core at 100% so it's not a CPU or singlethread bottleneck..

I have a Samsung 850 pro 256gb SSD,  and it's using hardly any disk speed so it's not a disk access bottleneck..

There should be a way to download the entire Electroneum blockchain and have the wallet scan that for transactions upon creating a new recovered wallet using keys ,  using the fast SSD rather than slow network....?

I've read a little on this subject concerning monero,  which electroneum is a fork of,  anything that works for monero should also work for electroneum.

However,  I've not yet found how to download Electroneums .raw blockchain data from a trusted source as is available for monero...
And this seems for the most part only be for speeding up the Daemons initial Synchronization with the blockchain rather than the blockchain refresh upon creating a new wallet....

The bottleneck is the offline wallet. Because an offline wallet does not know on which height of the blockchain it was created. So a wallet needs to sync all blocks on the first time (this is not the sync of the blockchain).
You can use the simplewallet for your wallet creation it should be much quicker. Or try out my GUI wallet, which is also based on the simplewallet and wallet-rpc: https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet

I disagree that it's a bottleneck. No sure where you get your info, but new wallet did sync in 7 minutes to the while blockchain. If you know when you generated the wallet you can custom sync it from your time or from 0. No problem with that.
xzentorxz

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:45:28 PM

to

I disagree that it's a bottleneck. No sure where you get your info, but new wallet did sync in 7 minutes to the while blockchain. If you know when you generated the wallet you can custom sync it from your time or from 0. No problem with that.

I'm not sure what information you mean. Anyway you're right you can sync it from a specific point in the blockchain if you know the creation time, but in a normal generated cli wallet its saved automaticly (on the exact height). Based on the screenshots its starting to sync at 0. I'm not saying its a bottleneck in general, but since he asked for a bottleneck in his specific situation I would say thats it. And the easiest solution to fix it, is to use another wallet then the offline wallet. If you want to have the full security, you need it to run  the offline wallet  on a computer who never sees the internet anyway. In this case the time needed to sync the wallet should be the least hustle.

Btw. I just synced a offline wallet and it took around 15min.

The next optimization is to use a remote rpc node (so you dont have to sync the blockchain yourself). But I would wait with this till an official trust-worthy node is online.

First Electroneum GUI Wallet (open source): https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet/releases
Discussion (reddit): https://goo.gl/8488Cp
bobfredarctor

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:04:55 PM

i'm mining at hashparty for about a day now and they are claiming to be making payments.
however when i check my balance, it's still zero.
i checked blockexplorer tx hash they provided (which requires private key to check transmissions btw) and i see some transactions but somehow they do not reach my wallet.
any ideas?

i still don't have my coins in my wallet.
btw it's hashvault not hashparty, sorry for my silly mistake.

BelugaPay (https://belugapay.com) ◄◄ First Complete Mobile POS System (https://belugapay.com) [ICO 1st Dec 2017 (https://belugapay.com)]
►►►►►►►►►► (https://belugapay.com)     ▬▬▬▬▬▬  First Complete Mobile POS System Visa & Mastercard Certified (https://belugapay.com)  ▬▬▬▬▬▬     ◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀ (https://belugapay.com)
ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2270648.0) ● Whitepaper (https://belugapay.com/assets/beluga_whitepaper_V9.4.pdf)  ●  Telegram (https://t.me/belugapay/)  ●  Medium (https://medium.com/@BelugaPay/)  ●  Twitter (https://twitter.com/belugapay)  ●  Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BelugaPay)
Slimdaddy

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:11:37 PM

What do you guys think will be Electroneum price? Can it hit $1?
ZineX

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:19:11 PM

What do you guys think will be Electroneum price? Can it hit $1?

No.

You guys need to stop with that hype attitude. Be real and dont expect too much since its just the very beginning.  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: