Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN ICO+Bounty] [REA] REALISTO - Real Estate Investing For Everyone, Everywhere  (Read 17462 times)
realisto

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Real estate investment on the blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:32:45 PM

Platform Alpha Version relased
Today we unveiled an early Alpha version of our platform where investors may control their investment and allocate tokens to a project of their choice. Also, real estate experts who seek to capitalize their ventures get a first impression how their projects will be presented on the platform. Now everybody can get a first glance at what our platform will look like. Of course it is still at a very early stage. But anybody who is toying with the idea of getting in on this revolutionary way to fund or invest in real estate will get a good overview on the inner works of REALISTO.

You can view the alpha here https://demo.realisto.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:33:39 PM

i don't think this project will be work

Can you share specific reasons why you think that? I've looked into a few other real estate coins in extreme detail, and this seems to have the best business model so far.

realisto

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 01:37:37 PM

Can you share specific reasons why you think that? I've looked into a few other real estate coins in extreme detail, and this seems to have the best business model so far.
We are also rather curious where his insights come from Smiley

panorama

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 01:39:28 PM

I like the project a lot, but I've asked a couple of questions on Telegram that haven't been answered. Where's the best place to post questions?

realisto

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

I like the project a lot, but I've asked a couple of questions on Telegram that haven't been answered. Where's the best place to post questions?

We are sorry about not answering yet there is a lot going on in telegram right now, currently the founders are online right now so perhaps you try again? Otherwise please write us an email to contact@realisto.io

R.Hasan

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:06:43 PM

Realisto ran Platform Alpha that you can test out today. This is good news.
They've been trying a lot of cool stuff with it, but it's absolutely open to further change and improvement but it's more desktop friendly at the moment.

I would advice everyone try to find ICO that have products in the beta or alpha stage his helps reduce the chance of being a scam.

realisto

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 05:11:21 PM

A quick update:
This is the current status of our Sale.

toby9999

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:37:05 AM

One of the problems with ICOs in general compared to company IPOs is that you typically don't receive any shares/equity/control in the company. Further, a lot of ICOs offer only one potential for a return on your investment - if their tokens go up in value once they're listed on exchanges. Sure, they might skyrocket and "go to the moon", or, they might not. Many news streams are calling ICOs the next great thing. But frankly, I think it's quite unfair - you invest, yet you receive NO share of the company's profits! This leaves investors wide open to losing their money with nothing to show for it.

As a result of this, I'm very interested in any ICO that offers something more than just the value of the token.

Realisto is one of those rare ICOs that offers something "real" (backed by real world assets - property), as well as returns beyond the value of the tokens themselves. The big one for me is the monthly residual income generated from the underlying real estate investments made by the Realisto management team and from licensing income generated as the team resells/rents the platform to other real estate companies globally.

My only criticism is that the Realisto team are being a bit too cautious in their approach. They are starting with the German market that they know very well, and will slowly expand to international markets over time. My worry is that someone else might see the wonderful approach Realisto are taking, then copy that pattern and move a lot faster into the international markets. I'm also seeing a lot less "buzz" around the Realisto ICO than I'm seeing around some other ICOs. One ICO I've been tracking for example, launched just 10 hours ago, and has already sold 95% of their tokens and raised $US27M. When you go on these different ICOs' Telegram channels, they have 1,000s of users and lots of people talking and generating buzz and excitement. Realisto unfortunately doesn't have a Telegram channel where people can talk (only company announcements are sent out on the channel) - correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find any other Telegram channel for Realisto. While this BTT forum is a place for people to talk about Realisto, it's very old school compared to a platform like Telegram. Realisto needs to be embracing Telegram and assigning a number of admins to always be online (24/7) to answer people's questions and generate buzz.

As a result, the pre-sale which is solid, is however still moving quite slowly compared to a lot of other ICOs.

I think Realisto needs to strike while they have the lead in this awesome area and start thinking a lot bigger, and immediately and rapidly expand their marketing efforts.

One other suggestion is to maybe add a special "Founding member" benefit, which gives only the pre-sale investors some super-special benefit around the international expansion. I'm thinking for example, early access to international opportunities when new real estate companies come onboard, and/or even better, maybe a small ongoing residual income to Founding members from every new real estate company that joins the platform (beyond just the licensing fees). To me, it's the international expansion that will make Realisto absolutely HUGE within a couple of years. Giving Founding members a small slice of that international expansion (again, going beyond the licensing fees), will make the tokens INCREDIBLY VALUABLE AND HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER in the coming months.

In closing, the above comments aren't meant to be negative at all. I'm just expressing my observations and giving my suggestions for how to improve things.

If I didn't believe Realisto were onto something MAJOR and UNIQUE, I wouldn't have invested my money into the pre-sale (and, if some additional Founding member benefits can be added, I personally will be investing a lot more into the pre-sale!).

I look forward to any changes you might make, and feel free to reach out if I can help with anything (happy to send my CV privately to you).

Cheers.
realisto

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 09:41:19 AM

One of the problems with ICOs in general compared to company IPOs is that you typically don't receive any shares/equity/control in the company. Further, a lot of ICOs offer only one potential for a return on your investment - if their tokens go up in value once they're listed on exchanges. Sure, they might skyrocket and "go to the moon", or, they might not. Many news streams are calling ICOs the next great thing. But frankly, I think it's quite unfair - you invest, yet you receive NO share of the company's profits! This leaves investors wide open to losing their money with nothing to show for it.

As a result of this, I'm very interested in any ICO that offers something more than just the value of the token.

Realisto is one of those rare ICOs that offers something "real" (backed by real world assets - property), as well as returns beyond the value of the tokens themselves. The big one for me is the monthly residual income generated from the underlying real estate investments made by the Realisto management team and from licensing income generated as the team resells/rents the platform to other real estate companies globally.

My only criticism is that the Realisto team are being a bit too cautious in their approach. They are starting with the German market that they know very well, and will slowly expand to international markets over time. My worry is that someone else might see the wonderful approach Realisto are taking, then copy that pattern and move a lot faster into the international markets. I'm also seeing a lot less "buzz" around the Realisto ICO than I'm seeing around some other ICOs. One ICO I've been tracking for example, launched just 10 hours ago, and has already sold 95% of their tokens and raised $US27M. When you go on these different ICOs' Telegram channels, they have 1,000s of users and lots of people talking and generating buzz and excitement. Realisto unfortunately doesn't have a Telegram channel where people can talk (only company announcements are sent out on the channel) - correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find any other Telegram channel for Realisto. While this BTT forum is a place for people to talk about Realisto, it's very old school compared to a platform like Telegram. Realisto needs to be embracing Telegram and assigning a number of admins to always be online (24/7) to answer people's questions and generate buzz.

As a result, the pre-sale which is solid, is however still moving quite slowly compared to a lot of other ICOs.

I think Realisto needs to strike while they have the lead in this awesome area and start thinking a lot bigger, and immediately and rapidly expand their marketing efforts.

One other suggestion is to maybe add a special "Founding member" benefit, which gives only the pre-sale investors some super-special benefit around the international expansion. I'm thinking for example, early access to international opportunities when new real estate companies come onboard, and/or even better, maybe a small ongoing residual income to Founding members from every new real estate company that joins the platform (beyond just the licensing fees). To me, it's the international expansion that will make Realisto absolutely HUGE within a couple of years. Giving Founding members a small slice of that international expansion (again, going beyond the licensing fees), will make the tokens INCREDIBLY VALUABLE AND HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER in the coming months.

In closing, the above comments aren't meant to be negative at all. I'm just expressing my observations and giving my suggestions for how to improve things.

If I didn't believe Realisto were onto something MAJOR and UNIQUE, I wouldn't have invested my money into the pre-sale (and, if some additional Founding member benefits can be added, I personally will be investing a lot more into the pre-sale!).

I look forward to any changes you might make, and feel free to reach out if I can help with anything (happy to send my CV privately to you).

Cheers.

Hey Toby!
Thank you for your comment,

we actually do have a Telegram channel where you can even chat with the Founders Rouven & Leonard, and it is a great altrough still small community.
https://t.me/joinchat/GamJOhGAwjDkgCeWHPUmMA

There is a good and strategic reason why we don´t hopelessly overreach like other Real Estate ICOs and claim the we as the founders could immediately become global real estate investors.
Mind you our Platform is a global real estate tokenization hub where local real estate experts from all over the world can share their knowledge of their local markets and let people from all over the world invest into their local markets.
Every other approach is actually deemed to fail, we have worked in Berlin real estate since 2011 and and took many years to understand the market and get a good feeling for it.
If i invest in real estate in New York tomorrow i would not be as successful but if we enable New York real estate experts to launch their projects on our platform - that is the game changer.

Real estate is a local affair! And you need local experts - REALISTO provides that but with a global scale.
Yes there are ICOs that raise many millions on the first day but those are very different projects usually with a lot more hype.
Real Estate is sometimes considered "boring" even if it is actually one of the most promising asset classes and one of the best ways for everyone to diversify their portfolio.

toby9999

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:49:33 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. And I got the invite to the Telegram group and I've joined that, so thanks again.

I have a strong belief that this project is going to be quite successful, and I really want to see it build momentum. It's definitely a long term project that will still be here earning income for all of us for many years compared to a lot of those "burn bright then die" ICOs that are going on at the moment.

Cheers

Toby Smiley
realisto

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 10:59:05 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. And I got the invite to the Telegram group and I've joined that, so thanks again.

I have a strong belief that this project is going to be quite successful, and I really want to see it build momentum. It's definitely a long term project that will still be here earning income for all of us for many years compared to a lot of those "burn bright then die" ICOs that are going on at the moment.

Cheers

Toby Smiley

You are very right indeed, investing in ICOs is venture capital investing and it takes time for a product to grow, our goal is to become the industry leader for real estate investment and crowdfunding on the blockchain, that will take time and funds but everything else is just hype without value.

realisto

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 11:39:36 AM

Rouven, the co-founder of REALISTO published a post about the rise of ETH and how this affects our ICO

You can read it here
https://medium.com/@Realisto/good-news-for-realisto-investors-ethereum-on-the-rise-again-b91b3aa629e6

panorama

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:08:20 PM

Cheers.

Hey Toby!
Thank you for your comment,

we actually do have a Telegram channel where you can even chat with the Founders Rouven & Leonard, and it is a great altrough still small community.
https://t.me/joinchat/GamJOhGAwjDkgCeWHPUmMA

There is a good and strategic reason why we don´t hopelessly overreach like other Real Estate ICOs and claim the we as the founders could immediately become global real estate investors.
Mind you our Platform is a global real estate tokenization hub where local real estate experts from all over the world can share their knowledge of their local markets and let people from all over the world invest into their local markets.
Every other approach is actually deemed to fail, we have worked in Berlin real estate since 2011 and and took many years to understand the market and get a good feeling for it.
If i invest in real estate in New York tomorrow i would not be as successful but if we enable New York real estate experts to launch their projects on our platform - that is the game changer.

Real estate is a local affair! And you need local experts - REALISTO provides that but with a global scale.
Yes there are ICOs that raise many millions on the first day but those are very different projects usually with a lot more hype.
Real Estate is sometimes considered "boring" even if it is actually one of the most promising asset classes and one of the best ways for everyone to diversify their portfolio.

People shouldn't underestimate how important this is. I wouldn't even consider Realisto if their investment strategy wasn't focused on what they do best.

They are also building a platform for other investment companies to use, so if someone is a specialist in New York, they can use the Realisto platform to quickly launch their business, and token holders will benefit from that.

You don't need (or want) the Realisto team to try and be experts in every market.

panorama

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:27:38 PM

Here are a couple of my questions (slightly modified) from Telegram that I'm still waiting to have answered. I thought about asking the questions privately, but I thought it would be better for it to be public:

1) Do you think it will be difficult to get financing for properties with a tokenized structure?

2) If financing is not an issue, how much leverage do you intend to use and will properties be cross-collateralized at all? For instance, let's say within the Opportunity Fund I invest in Property A, but not Property B. If Property B defaults on its loan, will the lender have Property A as additional collateral?

3) I see that there's no hard cap. I understand the benefits of having more capital available to invest. However, 10% is supposed to go to Operational Expenses.

I wouldn't expect all costs to go up linearly as a percentage of capital raised. So, let's say you raise much more than actually necessary to operate the fund and you don't really need the full 10%. What happens to the extra operating capital? Does it go to the team, back to acquisition capital, or is it reserved somehow?

Also, even though I agree raising more capital is better, there's still only a limited amount of money you can invest. How much equity do you expect you can reasonably invest per year?

I know it may be too late for this, but I think it would be better if you only raised enough for 1-3 years worth of acquisitions, but allow yourself the ability to mint/sell more tokens in the future. Some people are just automatically turned off when they see you don't have a cap and don't bother to look further into the business.

4) Is there a Limited Partnership Agreement (or something similar) that can be reviewed?

Robomir3

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:42:49 PM

it is vitalik buterin who advises in his Blog to not set a hardcap during a token sale. You can read it here:

http://vitalik.ca/general/2017/06/09/sales.html

And i think minting new tokens would not be very transparent...
panorama

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:19:46 PM

it is vitalik buterin who advises in his Blog to not set a hardcap during a token sale. You can read it here:

http://vitalik.ca/general/2017/06/09/sales.html

And i think minting new tokens would not be very transparent...

As much as I'm a fan of Vitalik, I don't think you can apply what he's saying to this situation. Realisto is looking to raise money for an investment fund (with a small amount set aside for the team and operations). With that in mind, there's a physical limit in terms of how much they can invest in Berlin real estate per year.

I believe commercial real estate transaction volume is around 6 billion Euro per year (although I'd have to double check that), so it's a pretty large market, plus they will be doing some residential investing. But they will still have limited resources that an unlimited ICO can't easily solve. They couldn't acquire 6 million worth of real

Raising cash that sits idle because you can't invest it quickly enough isn't productive because it won't generate a return. That'll dilute dividends for everyone.

That's why I was saying they should consider raising funds over time...as they have the ability to invest it. It's perfectly transparent if you're up front about it. I'm suggesting it because it makes more business sense, not to mislead anyone.

Robomir3

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:28:48 PM

I assume it was a typo but why cant they acquire Real Estate Worth 6 Million? And it is obvious that no ICO will raise 6 bln.... I think that Vitaliks advise fits to every ico that invests. If you develop an App you do Need more than a hardcap but for Investments ? Sky is the Limit !
realisto

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

Here are a couple of my questions (slightly modified) from Telegram that I'm still waiting to have answered. I thought about asking the questions privately, but I thought it would be better for it to be public:

1) Do you think it will be difficult to get financing for properties with a tokenized structure?

2) If financing is not an issue, how much leverage do you intend to use and will properties be cross-collateralized at all? For instance, let's say within the Opportunity Fund I invest in Property A, but not Property B. If Property B defaults on its loan, will the lender have Property A as additional collateral?

3) I see that there's no hard cap. I understand the benefits of having more capital available to invest. However, 10% is supposed to go to Operational Expenses.

I wouldn't expect all costs to go up linearly as a percentage of capital raised. So, let's say you raise much more than actually necessary to operate the fund and you don't really need the full 10%. What happens to the extra operating capital? Does it go to the team, back to acquisition capital, or is it reserved somehow?

Also, even though I agree raising more capital is better, there's still only a limited amount of money you can invest. How much equity do you expect you can reasonably invest per year?

I know it may be too late for this, but I think it would be better if you only raised enough for 1-3 years worth of acquisitions, but allow yourself the ability to mint/sell more tokens in the future. Some people are just automatically turned off when they see you don't have a cap and don't bother to look further into the business.

4) Is there a Limited Partnership Agreement (or something similar) that can be reviewed?

Hey Panorama,

here are my answers pasted out of our Telegram Group (https://t.me/joinchat/GamJOhGAwjDk)

Regarding your question about financing:Not at all since we are public limited company under german law which is established since 2015.
Regarding the cross-collateralization:
First of all there is no need for that since it is not 2008 and the properties are not overrated as such. Furthermore we are going to use leverage but if everything is properly managed there is a very slim chance of a loan defaulting.

Regarding your question about the Operational Fund,
those 10% are also used to fund and develop the platform, the more equity we have available the faster we can grow into more markets ( since we need to establish companies in other jurisdictions to properly do that) also every launch of something new requires marketing (Apple is advetising its Iphone X on every bus stop from here to bejing for a reason). So with a bigger budget we will foster growth. Obviously if we receive more than we need it will be reserved.
There will be a monthly audit of all the costs published by our trustee.

Regarding the company formation
https://realisto.io/files/documents/Handelsregisterauszug.pdf
(please keep in mind it is in German)

panorama

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:24:03 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 03:36:40 PM by panorama

I assume it was a typo but why cant they acquire Real Estate Worth 6 Million? And it is obvious that no ICO will raise 6 bln.... I think that Vitaliks advise fits to every ico that invests. If you develop an App you do Need more than a hardcap but for Investments ? Sky is the Limit !

No, it wasn't a typo. Transaction volume in Berlin is around €6 billion per year. See the 3Q17 report from Colliers:

http://www.colliers.com/-/media/files/emea/germany/berlin_research/office-letting-investment-berlin-infographics-colliers-q3-2017-en.pdf?la=en-GB

That's why I said that even if they could raise that much (which they couldn't), it would also be impossible for them to invest it. So they should set a reasonable cap based on the max they think they could actually invest over a certain period of time.

My guess is that they are probably capable of investing more than they'll actually raise, but a cap helps with the optics of not being "unlimited". Just set it to a number that's reasonable based on their resources as an investor.

From an operational perspective, it shouldn't have an impact, but it could help raise money.

panorama

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:29:24 PM

Hey Panorama,

here are my answers pasted out of our Telegram Group (https://t.me/joinchat/GamJOhGAwjDk)

Regarding your question about financing:Not at all since we are public limited company under german law which is established since 2015.
Regarding the cross-collateralization:
First of all there is no need for that since it is not 2008 and the properties are not overrated as such. Furthermore we are going to use leverage but if everything is properly managed there is a very slim chance of a loan defaulting.

Regarding your question about the Operational Fund,
those 10% are also used to fund and develop the platform, the more equity we have available the faster we can grow into more markets ( since we need to establish companies in other jurisdictions to properly do that) also every launch of something new requires marketing (Apple is advetising its Iphone X on every bus stop from here to bejing for a reason). So with a bigger budget we will foster growth. Obviously if we receive more than we need it will be reserved.
There will be a monthly audit of all the costs published by our trustee.

Regarding the company formation
https://realisto.io/files/documents/Handelsregisterauszug.pdf
(please keep in mind it is in German)

Thank you. Please note that the questions I posted here this morning are similar, but slightly modified. Could you please address the additional points as well?

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: