Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding bitcoin Greedy?  (Read 13245 times)
WJY123456789

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:14:02 PM

If holding bitcoin is a kind of greed ,I would rather be greedy.Holding bitcoin may bring bigger supprises in the future.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:39:23 PM

I think so too. For me, holding Bitcoin for so much time is a little bit greedy. You really can end up with nothing. Bitcoin is quite unstable, so you never can predict it`s future prise - will it grow up or fall down. So I think we should catch our moment, cause we live only once. If you need money today, right that moment, you should use your Bitcoin savings. If there is no such urgent need, then you can look at Bitcoin's price for several weeks and change at the most favorable moment.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:57:50 PM

You're wrong, holding bitcoin is the best thing for now, rather than selling it and you do not have anything else, better hold the bitcoin for as long as possible.

ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 03:22:22 PM

most people act like bitcoin is a thing of another world and forget that the way bitcoin operates is just like any other kind of investment as any other reserve of value. It´s pointless to call bitcoin as a reserve of value if one does not use like that. People in history used gold as a mean of trade but also a reserve of value, were they greedy? When hard times arrive you can use the same stored value to go thru harsh times. So, I believe the question is more religious than natural and common sense.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:27:00 PM

Greed means not getting enough of something.
By simple holding your coins, you stick to things you already have. I would call that conservative, not greedy.
Holding the coins you already have is the savest way to grow your fortune at the moment, at least in my eyes.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:36:12 PM

Bitcoin holding it is not greedy. To my mind it is more profitable and safety. Especially taking into account current value
as we know that bitcoin is going to very high.We live in a market dominated by the predatory capitalist system. It has always awarded to those who possess more things as the true winners of life. While it is true that the original idea of bitcoin was to undermine the current system, the entry of big capital here has made bitcoin another good desirable for everyone, so the desire to hold bitcoin is only a natural consequence of that.and yeah it is holding btc is very good.because every one need money.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:37:49 PM

I think Bitcoin's greed can make you lose a lot of things. In contrast, if you are not greedy, if you know to save and keep it in the long run, you will get a lot of profit. Basically everyone has greed, but only some people can control it. Bitcoin is not greedy, it teaches us how to use and save money efficiently
I can't call holding as to being greedy because to hold is just being play safe about having to worry about loss. It just depends on anyone's strategy how to make their btc grow or earn. And also it depends on peole who likes to take risks. If you call holding as to being greedy then  can say that there are many people who are greedy.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:11:25 PM

The reason I am holding or at least not selling (most of my btc is in alt's atm) is because we have not reach BTC's potential. There is so much to come and thus selling your crypto is the same as robbing yourself. Simply because you lose out of much profit and innovation.
It is not bad to hold it , holding bitcoin is one if the strategies to earn it more. And as long as you hold it you have the guts and trust to bitcoin it means. So it is not being greedy but rather it is the goos thing we needed to help bitcoin to be more successful among all.
BlackBeauty

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:37:17 PM

The reason I am holding or at least not selling (most of my btc is in alt's atm) is because we have not reach BTC's potential. There is so much to come and thus selling your crypto is the same as robbing yourself. Simply because you lose out of much profit and innovation.
It is not bad to hold it , holding bitcoin is one if the strategies to earn it more. And as long as you hold it you have the guts and trust to bitcoin it means. So it is not being greedy but rather it is the goos thing we needed to help bitcoin to be more successful among all.
I think it is greediness to hold bitcoin for long time as like many years but who want to invest their money in bitcoin its mean that it will hold on some months or some years, so it is not greediness because the price of bitcoin is grow up and everybody want to hold their money for their choice.
patapon49

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

if you bought bitcoin at $ 19k yes it's greedy to hold, if you go back to $ 10k or below you can sleep quietly
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

Greediness is not being contented on what you have and I don't see that with holding. Holders are very similar to collectors, they rely heavily on value and not with quantity. They hold on their asset, take good care of it, provide proper maintenance and pray that its price increases over a period of time. Perhaps, being a holder makes you more of a well disciplined person. It will train you being more patient that will pay off in the end. Holding is an investment that is associated with risk. Actually, we can't blame an individual that wanted to have more coins in their wallet. After all, we all want to improve our fiancial status. Thus, we see Bitcoin being the answer to that.
merszxc

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:53:10 PM

I dont think being a holder is a greedy is depend of the holder of a bitcoin 
if i i will hodl my bitcoin because as long as you have a bitcoin the value of its is increasing
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:00:57 PM

Im holding my BTC, but i don't think that im greedy person. I just want better life for me and my family. And i don't put all my money,  limiting myself and my children to everything. Im living normal life,just having bitcoin savings as well, that probably will make me a bit richer that i am now.  I don't see the need to spend my bitcoin on everything, than i can buy for euro or $.

Sweeet123

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:06:40 PM

Well I don't think it is greed, you are investing in something obviously for a return. the more passive and patient you are the more better the returns, so if you are holding onto bitcoins that is no greed that is infact a good move you are making to reap the best benefits from your investments
Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:27:19 PM

I think bitcoin holding is a very smart and wise way not greedy, we must understand is that investment takes patience, and if we are patient then we will get profit, greedy is producing bitcoin in various ways even stealing.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:51:18 PM

holding bitcoin is not greedy.bitcoin is the future of world and after 3 year any poor people cant buy a bitcoin.its getting out of reach from poor Smiley
so buy buy.

Pablo778

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

lol! holding BTC is not greedy but about making profit .
/GeertJohan

Activity: 409

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:53:13 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

It depends upon people only.
There are two way to discuss about..
The first type is greedy
second type is knowledge about bitcoin,

Of course it may indeed..In the world all type human beings have some greedy thinks. it is a human's mannerism.. To holding process the bitcoin gives you to great profit..
In second type is for developing a technical knowledge which means that they were holding a bitcoin for their investment or for paying late fee or buying any other.
CoPil

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:26:30 PM

Most people now with the rise of bitcoin value, just want to hold bitcoin for as long as they can so that they can maximize their worth. But isn't it a little too greedy to just keep holding bitcoin?
We've all read that story in the school with the moral "Greed is a Curse".
So what if too much greed in bitcoin may backfire? What if, the hodlers end up with nothing?

Your question is easy to answer. If someone holds a bitcoin, invests in bitcoin, or whatever it is that they do with the currency "out of their greed" well that's a curse for them.

You cannot do something if you are not triggered to do so, and  if you are not encouraged to do so. Of course, we have high expectations from what we will get. But if anyone does anything out of their greed, then they'll harvest that as a curse. Conscience haunts but if that wouldn't be enough it'll be double as a curse.

I'm sure a lot of people in the BTC world does it for a living. Like the work at home type. Or those who make a profit out of the money they've accumulated in the past years of their hard work. That's the good one, and besides....you shouldn't think too much about that.
Seeing your question, you're definitely a person who's so concern about every action that you make. That's great actually.  Smiley
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:38:23 PM

I think bitcoin holding is a very smart and wise way not greedy, we must understand is that investment takes patience, and if we are patient then we will get profit, greedy is producing bitcoin in various ways even stealing.
Me too i am not seeing holding bitcoin as a greedy thing for cause i see this as the good idea this is were they test their patience of holding bitcoin for a long time for.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: