Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:27:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
Blue9999

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:47:02 AM

Any Help here?

Try this

hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u use your own address -p x

(use your own address ofcourse)

Tried but of no help. I am using Windows 10 f that helps.

I too am using windows 10 and mining using hodlminer and its working fine

@Nap0nTilt Who is mining them? We people are mining them lol and where are these ROI Coins coming from ? from blockchain  Grin
Nap0nTilt

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:41:04 AM

Any Help here?

Try this

hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u use your own address -p x

@Nap0nTilt Who is mining them? We people are mining them lol and where are these ROI Coins coming from ? from blockchain  Grin

You got me wrong Wink
You or we are mining the ROI coins, which we are investing and getting 590% in return.
That means after holding 1000 coins for one year you have 6933 coins which makes a gain of 5933 coins.
Where does these 5933 coins suddenly come from?
TheRaster

Activity: 391
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:48:43 AM

Any Help here?

Try this

You got me wrong Wink
You or we are mining the ROI coins, which we are investing and getting 590% in return.
That means after holding 1000 coins for one year you have 6933 coins which makes a gain of 5933 coins.
Where does these 5933 coins suddenly come from?

It comes from the block chain. When you put the coins in for 12 months or what ever. It sends the commands to the chain to lock the coins untill block no#xxxxxx and the intrest that will be put on to the coins on that block.

This coin has POW (miners), POS (15% APR) and term deposets. The term deposets are added to the chain when you lock them for x amount of time.

The market will not get flooded unless said wallet owner has no clue what he/she has.

Lets look at it in simple terms....

Say you have enough coins locked so that in 1 year you will have 1 million coins unlocked.

Do you dump them? NO that is silly.

You have 1 million coins that get 15% APR.

1,000,000 / 100 = 10,000 X 15% APR = 150,000 coins a year (EST) / 365 days = 410.958904109589 coins a day.

So why sell them all when if the coin is worth something you can live off the intrest? If its just $0.10c thats $41 a day intrest.

ROI Coin to some one who understands this is not a coin to dump.

Raster.

cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:03:32 AM

I get an Error Transaction too large  if i like to Deposit 100.000 Coins for 1 Month.

https://ibb.co/dgym2G

Thank you for your help and much praise to the dev Team !!

Try splitting up your deposit instead of 1 huge deposit of 100k. That might be too big for the network to support.
GrumpyUnit

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:03:58 AM

What market sells ROI ? Huh
cryptoRX

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:07:33 AM

What market sells ROI ? Huh

https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-ROI.htm
ghobson

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Crypto Developer

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:30:53 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 09:56:51 AM by ghobson

I get an Error Transaction too large  if i like to Deposit 100.000 Coins for 1 Month.

Hi,

please open a github issue for this and I will look into it.  
https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues
Make sure to provide a link to your debug.log when submitting.

You most likely have a balance made of too many inputs,  each requiring
a certain amount of bytes to be stored in the transaction. ( max tx size is 100kb )
You should enable coin control via settings->options->wallet tab
This will add a new button to see which inputs to use when doing a deposit.
You can make multiple smaller deposits ( the combined maturation value will be the same )
or you need to consolidate your inputs by simply sending them to one of your receive addresses.
This is not a unique feature of ROI, its base functionality from bitcoin.

Thanks,
//Gary

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
guru30

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:29:56 AM

I get an Error Transaction too large  if i like to Deposit 100.000 Coins for 1 Month.

Hi,

a certain amount of bytes to be stored in the transaction. ( max tx size is 100kb )
You can make multiple smaller deposits ( the combined maturation value will be the same )
or you need to consolidate your inputs by simply sending them to one of your receive addresses.

Thanks,
//Gary

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the quick explanation. Once I transfer the Coin to another Wallet, I can Deposit the whole amount. I tried it on another wallet and it works.
I think you should adjust the error message and explain it a little bit better for the User.

Thanks for your great support.
ghobson

Crypto Developer

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:32:31 PM

Hi,

Thanks,
//Gary

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the quick explanation. Once I transfer the Coin to another Wallet, I can Deposit the whole amount. I tried it on another wallet and it works.
I think you should adjust the error message and explain it a little bit better for the User.

Thanks for your great support.

Hi,
Yes sending it to another wallet is the same as sending to one of your receive addresses, it consolidates the inputs.
We plan on making tutorial videos, i will add this to the queue.

Thanks.

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:16:12 PM

I might be wrong, but we know the Launch was in November 17 and
we can assume that a lot of people are holding the coins on a 1 year contract and will get
a ROI of ~550%.
Won't that mean that in Nov 18 ALOT of coins will be flooded into the market and won't that
heavily crash the price?

And also, where are these ROI Coins coming from? Who is mining them?

Any Help here?

When I was mining some other coin and got the same error I came after a bit
of google search to the conclusion that this is a problem when you have a too low
hashrate.

However I can see on your picture youre only mining with one thread ("-t 1"), try "-t 4" and
see if this might help.

--edit--
I've just noticed your File is called "hodlminer-westmere.exe".
Did you change that in the code you tried from the other user?
(hodlminer-westmere.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u use your own address -p x

Yeah, Low hash rate seems to be the problem as I was trying to mine on a really old laptop.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Junktroep

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:42:50 PM

Is the network being dominated by Nicehash?
On the pool there is a singe address which is doing 81.50 KH.
The pool hashrate is 112.5 KH. This one address is good for 72% of the total pool hashrate.
The total network hash is 170.5 KH. This one address is good for 47.8% of the total network hash.
I thought this would be a coin for people, to single mine.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.
But I very curious to your thoughts about this.

cryptoRX

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:58:35 PM

Is the chain broken again?

Wallet not syncing again. Says block source not found.

Was perfectly fine yesterday after I upgraded to the latest wallet and downloaded the bootstrap.
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:23:07 PM

Was perfectly fine yesterday after I upgraded to the latest wallet and downloaded the bootstrap.

Chain is running very sweet. All boxes here are fully synchronized with the block explorer.

Did you try deleting your peers.dat file and then reboot the wallet?
cryptoRX

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:26:53 PM

Chain is running very sweet. All boxes here are fully synchronized with the block explorer.

Did you try deleting your peers.dat file and then reboot the wallet?

Didn't work....

guess I have to rinse and repeat the bootstrap again....
aristaeux

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:18:02 PM

Hi,

I'm an avid fan of this coin, and would like to ask about the long term plan for ROIcoin.
This coin has an annual rate of 5.93x. So just to take a simple example of a miner with a 10 year investment horizon, let's say a miner is able to mine 10000 coins a year. And just to make it really simple, he only deposits his coins once a year on 1st Jan.
Also assume diificulty reduces coins mined by 1000 a year.

All assuming the 593%

0th year: 0 coins
1st year: 10000 coins mined (deposits all of them)
2nd year: 9000 coins mined + 59300 coins staked = 68300 coins (deposits all of them)
3rd year: 8000 coins mined + 405019 coins staked = 413019 coins (deposits all of them)
4th year: 7000 coins mined + 2449202.67 coins staked = 2456202.67 (deposits all of them, also stops mining because it's not worth mining)
5th year: 14.565 million coins staked (deposits all of them)
6th year: 86.372 million coins staked (deposits all of them)
7th year: 512.187 million coins staked (deposits all of them)
8th year: 3.037 billion coins staked (deposits all of them)
9th year: 18.011 billion coins staked (deposits all of them)
10th year: 106.805 billion coins staked

So here are my questions:

Q1: What is the total supply of coins? I think i read somewhere earlier in the thread that PoW is 1 billion coins, and PoS is unlimited? Is this correct? Then how would you control how much each miner is able to stake?

Q2. Also someone above commented that once a deposit is made, the supposed number of coins is pre-allocated in the blockchain?

Q3. How do you intend to control inflation? Looking at the rate of growth, it's incredible that one miner can amass 106 billion coins within 10 years, this will definitely depress the value of the coin.

Q4. What real world uses / integrations do you foresee having for ROIcoin? It would be great if the roadmap had some plan to allow ROIcoin to be used in the real world.

Thanks!
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:59:12 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 05:52:43 PM by DisasterFaster

Hi,

I'm an avid fan of this coin, and would like to ask about the long term plan for ROIcoin.
This coin has an annual rate of 5.93x. So just to take a simple example of a miner with a 10 year investment horizon, let's say a miner is able to mine 10000 coins a year. And just to make it really simple, he only deposits his coins once a year on 1st Jan.

Q1: What is the total supply of coins? I think i read somewhere earlier in the thread that PoW is 1 billion coins, and PoS is unlimited? Is this correct? Then how would you control how much each miner is able to stake?

Q2. Also someone above commented that once a deposit is made, the supposed number of coins is pre-allocated in the blockchain?

Q3. How do you intend to control inflation? Looking at the rate of growth, it's incredible that one miner can amass 106 billion coins within 10 years, this will definitely depress the value of the coin.

Q4. What real world uses / integrations do you foresee having for ROIcoin? It would be great if the roadmap had some plan to allow ROIcoin to be used in the real world.

Thanks!

There will be no inflation issues with the coin. In the future and as deemed necessary POS and Term Deposit rates will be adjusted as needed to prevent any type of inflation issues. At launch these existing rates have a purpose and it is part of the strategy and design of this coin.

This is a discussion that is just too early right now. When a coin has just launched and is a few weeks old it seems premature to be talking about things a decade in the future and especially when the existing rates are subject to change at any time if necessary.

Also, I've heard the coin supply argument many times and I have seen users get this wrong and lose tons and tons of profit opportunities. 1st case in point. XP coin. Some people generated negative energy on this coin and one of their talking points was that the supply was just too big and the POS interest was just too high. Oh really? Current circulating supply of XP is 197,600,246,598 and the total supply is 243,583,196,077. In other words look at those numbers that are 100's of billions of coins. Bear in mind this coin also POS's with a strong interest rate.

Now had you of got wrapped up in inflation and supply numbers and avoided this coin you just hurt yourself very very bad. Instead of doing that you should have ran not walked to the nearest exchange and bought up as many XP as you could then hold them and stake them as much as possible. Wrap your head around this please: If you would have bought $500 worth of XP last August 1st or say 5 months ago when you woke up and got out of bed this morning your XP would be worth around $400,000.00 US dollars. I challenge anybody to invest 500 and 5 months later they have 400K. Thing is you will never make these profits if your focus is amiss. ROI coin will never even remotely approach the total supply of XP coin...

Now let's break your questions down:

A: Total supply of coins is impossible to calculate due to unknown variables like how many people term deposit, how long they term deposit etc. We do not attempt to control how much any miner or user stakes. That is totally up to them.

A: The coin has a fixed number of coin supply that would allow for POW mining for approximately 30 years. POS and Term Deposit coins are "minted", "created", "forged", (pick a word you like) by the code. Those POS/Term Deposit coins are added to and then become a part of the total supply.

A: If you are worried about future inflation and that prevents you from making great profit on this coin that is your call. Inflation will never be a problem with this coin because that problem will not be allowed. If and when needed the interest rates will be changed to control inflation as needed. These future changes will be a result of the community of this coin and they will decide when and what the interest changes will be. A general consensus will be reached. Between the entire dev team and the entire community I have zero doubts in terms of making the proper decision and at the proper time.

A: This is also a bit premature but let's discuss it. Smart phones replaced land lines. Google search replaced the phone book. Cryptocurrency will replace fiat currency. Real world use of crypto is not that far off. Already, there are ATM's that spit out fiat from your BTC balance. Already there are MasterCards that spend from and connect to cryptocurrency funds. In the future people won't be asking what is the real world use of altcoins no more than they would ask what is the real world use of a smart phone or Google Search. Now with all that being said we do have some very cool plans for the coin and one of those is an integrated E-commerce portal where people can buy/sell products and services using ROI coin specifically. Thing is with the coin only being a few weeks old now I can assure you this is not in place yet.

On a side note if we like to discuss inflation maybe we should start a tread on how the US Government is printing something like 10's of billions of dollars each month LOL! That would make any POS coin anywhere look like a starter kit  Shocked

Now give me a minute because we have had numerous people ask about the real world use of this coin and there is something very important that I have not sufficiently presented and discussed with the community. In my opinion the most important real world use of this coin stems from the intent of this coin at the time of conception and design and that is to change the lives of people and by that I mean ordinary people. Not rich people who run around buying piles of bitcoins, not rich people who build multi-billion dollar ASICS data centers. ROI wants to change the lives of ordinary people by giving them a simple way to get some of this coin and multiply it and wait for it to value using non-technical skills and common hardware. We want someone in Brazil to mine this coin with an i5 and years from now we want that coin to be worth enough money to change their life. We want another person in India to collect a bounty and term deposit those coins and in the future have that make a difference in their life. We want a struggling single mom and college student in the USA to let their laptop mine at night while they sleep and then multiply those coins and then experience a substantial economic gain at a future time. Is this doable?.... I think it is and we will work very hard to get there. It' won't happen overnight but with hard work, dedication and patience it will happen.

ghobson

Crypto Developer

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:36:22 PM

Is the network being dominated by Nicehash?
On the pool there is a singe address which is doing 81.50 KH.
The pool hashrate is 112.5 KH. This one address is good for 72% of the total pool hashrate.
The total network hash is 170.5 KH. This one address is good for 47.8% of the total network hash.
I thought this would be a coin for people, to single mine.

I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.
But I very curious to your thoughts about this.

my Max is 105Kh/s and I am part of the problem people are talking about. I am using intel polaris and can provide 80 threads per core.

Junktroep meet dekoedoemoe.

Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:40:34 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

There will be no inflation issues with the coin. In the future and as deemed necessary POS and Term Deposit rates will be adjusted as needed to prevent any type of inflation issues. At launch these existing rates have a purpose and it is part of the strategy and design of this coin.

This is a discussion that is just too early right now. When a coin has just launched and is a few weeks old it seems premature to be talking about things a decade in the future and especially when the existing rates are subject to change at any time if necessary.

Also, I've heard the coin supply argument many times and I have seen users get this wrong and lose tons and tons of profit opportunities. 1st case in point. XP coin. Some people generated negative energy on this coin and one of their talking points was that the supply was just too big and the POS interest was just too high. Oh really? Current circulating supply of XP is 197,600,246,598 and the total supply is 243,583,196,077. In other words look at those numbers that are 100's of billions of coins. Bear in mind this coin also POS's with a strong interest rate.

Now had you of got wrapped up in inflation and supply numbers and avoided this coin you just hurt yourself very very bad. Instead of doing that you should have ran not walked to the nearest exchange and bought up as many XP as you could then hold them and stake them as much as possible. Wrap your head around this please: If you would have bought $500 worth of XP last August 1st or say 5 months ago when you woke up and got out of bed this morning your XP would be worth around $400,000.00 US dollars. I challenge anybody to invest 500 and 5 months later they have 400K. Thing is you will never make these profits if your focus is amiss. ROI coin will never even remotely approach the total supply of XP coin...

Now let's break your questions down:

A: Total supply of coins is impossible to calculate due to unknown variables like how many people term deposit, how long they term deposit etc. We do not attempt to control how much any miner or user stakes. That is totally up to them.

A: The coin has a fixed number of coin supply that would allow for POW mining for approximately 30 years. POS and Term Deposit coins are "minted", "created", "forged", (pick a word you like) by the code. Those POS/Term Deposit coins are added to and then become a part of the total supply.

A: If you are worried about future inflation and that prevents you from making great profit on this coin that is your call. Inflation will never be a problem with this coin because that problem will not be allowed. If and when needed the interest rates will be changed to control inflation as needed. These future changes will be a result of the community of this coin and they will decide when and what the interest changes will be. A general consensus will be reached. Between the entire dev team and the entire community I have zero doubts in terms of making the proper decision and at the proper time.

A: This is also a bit premature but let's discuss it. Smart phones replaced land lines. Google search replaced the phone book. Cryptocurrency will replace fiat currency. Real world use of crypto is not that far off. Already, there are ATM's that spit out fiat from your BTC balance. Already there are MasterCards that spend from and connect to cryptocurrency funds. In the future people won't be asking what is the real world use of altcoins no more than they would ask what is the real world use of a smart phone or Google Search. Now with all that being said we do have some very cool plans for the coin and one of those is an integrated E-commerce portal where people can buy/sell products and services using ROI coin specifically. Thing is with the coin only being a few weeks old now I can assure you this is not in place yet.

On a side note if we like to discuss inflation maybe we should start a tread on how the US Government is printing something like 10's of billions of dollars each month LOL! That would make any POS coin anywhere look like a starter kit  Shocked

Now give me a minute because we have had numerous people ask about the real world use of this coin and there is something very important that I have not sufficiently presented and discussed with the community. In my opinion the most important real world use of this coin stems from the intent of this coin at the time of conception and design and that is to change the lives of people and by that I mean ordinary people. Not rich people who run around buying piles of bitcoins, not rich people who build multi-billion dollar ASICS data centers. ROI wants to change the lives of ordinary people by giving them a simple way to get some of this coin and multiply it and wait for it to value using non-technical skills and common hardware. We want someone in Brazil to mine this coin with an i5 and years from now we want that coin to be worth enough money to change their life. We want another person in India to collect a bounty and term deposit those coins and in the future have that make a difference in their life. We want a struggling single mom and college student in the USA to let their laptop mine at night while they sleep and then multiply those coins and then experience a substantial economic gain at a future time. Is this doable?.... I think it is and we will work very hard to get there. It' won't happen overnight but with hard work, dedication and patience it will happen.

Wow very nice read, Thank you
freeapp

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 07:26:13 PM

Does anybody here setup a miner running on a SUN T1 or T2 or newer CPU?
I mean at T2 8 threads per core with 8 cores could be fun...

regards,
freeapp
Dastrike351

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:09:09 PM

Hi, did ROI Coin on Reddit?
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: