Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
Henchman24

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:22:27 PM

Hello Using mining proxy.exe with my blades and setting them to mine at eligius.

heres my stats page.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FpiUoxGTbTqrqqHEC2AvMHgextdrCDdCd

My mining_proxy window looks like its getting difficulty 3 work for all of them. i set up each blade/cube as its own worker and im wondering if eligius will automatically raise the difficulty.

Been watching it for a while now and it hasnt gone up from 3 but my bfgminer running my icefury asics is automatically raised itself up.

let me know what i can do to change this. PM me if you have the answer or just post here thanks

Also, try using the "-rt" switch with mining_proxy.exe
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thejewelrytech

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:13:01 PM

Eligius is quickly becoming the no#2 guild and it's nice to see  Grin I used to mine at BTCGUIld until i realized how they started shortening and screwing miners with Shorter 40 min rounds so winning Rounds paid out LEss and found less blocks!!I complained to the admin there and he then tried to say time doesn't matter on rounds? and that's complete BS longer rounds =more shares and a winning round will Pay more! they then changed back to longer rounds after i complained only to shorten the pay on winning Blocks! Unreal and grimy!! talk about greed! as if their 3% and 7% fees they charge isn't enough? I put the word out and now tell everyone to come here! thanks for running a honest setup whiz the community Needs more people Like you!!!! keep up the good work long Live Eligius!!!

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:24:44 PM

Eligius is quickly becoming the no#2 guild and it's nice to see  Grin I used to mine at BTCGUIld until i realized how they started shortening and screwing miners with Shorter 40 min rounds so winning Rounds paid out LEss and found less blocks!!I complained to the admin there and he then tried to say time doesn't matter on rounds? and that's complete BS longer rounds =more shares and a winning round will Pay more! they then changed back to longer rounds after i complained only to shorten the pay on winning Blocks! Unreal and grimy!! talk about greed! as if their 3% and 7% fees they charge isn't enough? I put the word out and now tell everyone to come here! thanks for running a honest setup whiz the community Needs more people Like you!!!! keep up the good work long Live Eligius!!!

You don't really understand bitcoin mining yet, do you? Well, don't let it get you down - just do a lot more reading! Smiley

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
thejewelrytech

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:52:29 PM

You don't really understand bitcoin mining yet, do you? Well, don't let it get you down - just do a lot more reading! Smiley
You must be the admin for BTc Roll Eyes I understand it PERFECTLY if I do a round with 150000 shares in 50 min and it pays .0000000154 per share as opposed to a short round with 115000 shares at the same rate thats LESS MONEy Math doesn't Lie!!!!! maybe you don't understand Math? Go back to school TROLL! and go look at the numbers they just lowered the pay for winning Blocks 15 Blocks found in a round don't even equal full PPS RATE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF but of course the person scamming is not going to admit that! that would take a real MAN something your NOT! thats why BTC just FELL HERES PICTURE PROOF DUMB ASS!!

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:06:29 PM

You must be the admin for BTc Roll Eyes I understand it PERFECTLY if I do a round with 150000 shares in 50 min and it pays .0000000154 per share as opposed to a short round with 115000 shares at the same rate thats LESS MONEy Math doesn't Lie!!!!! maybe you don't understand Math? Go back to school TROLL! and go look at the numbers they just lowered the pay for winning Blocks 15 Blocks found in a round don't even equal full PPS RATE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF but of course the person scamming is not going to admit that! that would take a real MAN something your NOT! thats why BTC just FELL HERES PICTURE PROOF DUMB ASS!!

Yeah corti, you dumb ass. Why don't you understand the maths!?! This proof is irrefutable.
Bismarckbkk

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:12:56 PM

MONEy Math doesn't Lie!!!!! maybe I don't understand Math?

fyp

1EPhcyv9GPcCwwbtVt3a3nwC1o4pn67bax
thejewelrytech

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:21:16 PM

just look at the numbers and try to explain how everyone isn't getting screwed ? You Mad Bro cause you got EXPOSED!!!!!these are blocks paid a couple  days ago and today

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

just look at the numbers and try to explain how everyone isn't getting screwed ? You Mad Bro cause you got EXPOSED!!!!!these are blocks paid a couple  days ago and today
I'm not sure what you find confusing about that. You're signed up for PPLNS, so your reward is proportional to the number of blocks found. Shifts 14480 to 14488 were periods of low luck so there were less blocks found per unit time and the equivalent PPS is lower. 14449 to 14453 comparatively found many more blocks per unit time, so they paid more per share.

If you want 0 variance, sign up for PPS.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

My guess is this person is too stupid to understand PPLNS, probably the same person who emailed me the other day since he had the same "40 minutes is too short, you're screwing people" argument.

My guess (given his lack of proper english) is he's referring to the per share rate in the last 24 hours being less than it was for the same # of block solves in shifts a day or two before.  14452 paid more per share for 13 blocks than 14486 which also had 13 blocks in his screenshot.

Which is obvious, and there's even a news post on BTC Guild, and a forum post explaining it:  Shifts were increased from 2.5 billion to 3.25 billion shares.  That means when a block is solved, it's split over ~30% more shares, meaning the payment per share from a block is ~30% less.  But, it also lasts ~30% longer, meaning on average a shift will find...wait for it...~30% more blocks.  It ends up being the same damn number you moron, just lower variance per shift.  NEITHER OF WHICH affect 24 hour earnings.

EDIT:  Update with more clarification over what I think the person is trying to imply, and a correction to the % (it's closer to 30% than 25%).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Bismarckbkk

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:36:21 PM

My guess is this person is too stupid to understand PPLNS, probably the same person who emailed me the other day since he had the same "40 minutes is too short, you're screwing people" argument.

My guess (given his lack of proper english) is he's referring to the per share rate in the last 24 hours being less than it was for the same # of block solves in shifts a day or two before.  Which is obvious, and there's even a news post on BTC Guild explaining it:  Shifts were increased from 2.5 billion to 3.25 billion shares.  That means when a block is solved, it's split over 25% more shares, meaning the payout per block is 25% less.  But, it also lasts 25% longer, meaning on average a shift will find...wait for it...25% more blocks.  It ends up being the same damn number you moron.

Or to put it simple. Shorter shifts = more shifts.

1EPhcyv9GPcCwwbtVt3a3nwC1o4pn67bax
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

My guess (given his lack of proper english) is he's referring to the per share rate in the last 24 hours being less than it was for the same # of block solves in shifts a day or two before.  14452 paid more per share for 13 blocks than 14486 which also had 13 blocks in his screenshot.

Which is obvious, and there's even a news post on BTC Guild, and a forum post explaining it:  Shifts were increased from 2.5 billion to 3.25 billion shares.  That means when a block is solved, it's split over 25% more shares, meaning the payout per block is 25% less.  But, it also lasts 25% longer, meaning on average a shift will find...wait for it...25% more blocks.  It ends up being the same damn number you moron.
Angry Sounds like scammer talk to me.
eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:43:11 PM

Welcome to my world.  Just don't expect them to ever start reading, they're convinced they completely understand everything already.  I find their ability to write coherent sentences is a good indicator of how much they actually know.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 11:08:49 PM

Welcome to my world.  Just don't expect them to ever start reading, they're convinced they completely understand everything already.  I find their ability to write coherent sentences is a good indicator of how much they actually know.

If he has problems understanding PPLNS, I do worry about his ability to understand Eligius' shelved shares.

@thejewelrytech - honestly, at this point I think it would be best if you signed up with a pool offering pure PPS, at least until you follow things a bit better. I'm not being mean here, I just think it will save you a lot of stress until you're up to speed.

zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:09:44 PM

First Off I would like to say sorry to Eligius users for this spam you don't need in your pool thread..

1) eleuthria is the admin of btcguild. So you saying anyone who disagrees with you must be connected to btcguild (tinfoil hat much)

4) you REALLY don't know how how prop/pplns systems work..

a3) read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130021.msg1413794#msg1413794  or http://pool-x.eu/aboutpplns   (hope you don't mind the links wizkid used a altpool tho)

7B) pools Luck changes hence why its called luck sometimes pools find more than the normal amount of blocks and sometimes less this is called Variance.

b432d) now you have read all this.. time to eat humble pie and say sorry eleuthria..

p.s I used a numbering system your math should understand
yelloyello

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:34:37 PM

Back on topic:
3 questions about Eligius.

1) When I look at the payment queue I see at number 1 "2 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours and 14 minutes"
Why is the payment for the miner so late? Or do I misunderstand something?

2) I see "+105% PPS NMC" but where is the option to fill in my NMC address?

3) I read: "Miners may suggest messages for payout coinbases." Can someone explain this?

Maybe the questions look silly in the eyes of an experienced miner, but answering helps me and maybe lot of other people.

Thanks in advance!
thejewelrytech

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:48:16 PM

I'm not sure what you find confusing about that. You're signed up for PPLNS, so your reward is proportional to the number of blocks found. Shifts 14480 to 14488 were periods of low luck so there were less blocks found per unit time and the equivalent PPS is lower. 14449 to 14453 comparatively found many more blocks per unit time, so they paid more per share.

Look at the PPS the numbers don't Lie 17 blocks found today paid for 53  min round .0000000128410 per share 16 blocks today paid .0000000119444 blocks found paid
The day before 16 blocks found per round  the other day paid .00000001549055 for 40 min round  now if that was a 53 min round there would be roughly 1400000 shares paid at that price as opposed too 115000 shares paid  which those extra shares are now being paid the block under @ 15 block price of .00000001452400 pps but this is obviously over some peoples heads numbers and the PPS don't Lie it says what we are getting paid right there but hey nobody is stopping anyone from mining there if you want to work for LESS go for it!!

eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:51:42 PM

Look at the PPS the numbers don't Lie 17 blocks found today paid for 53  min round .0000000128410 per share 16 blocks today paid .0000000119444 blocks found paid
The day before 16 blocks found per round  the other day paid .00000001549055 for 40 min round  now if that was a 53 min round there would be roughly 1400000 shares paid at that price as opposed too 115000 shares paid  which those extra shares are now being paid the block under @ 15 block price of .00000001452400 pps but this is obviously over some peoples heads numbers and the PPS don't Lie it says what we are getting paid right there but hey nobody is stopping anyone from mining there if you want to work for LESS go for it!!

Please refrain from breeding.  It will not end well for humanity.  It was explicitly stated previously.  You are too stupid to understand PPLNS, but you're also too ignorant to know you don't know how it works.

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:52:34 PM

Back on topic:

1) When I look at the payment queue I see at number 1 "2 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours and 14 minutes"

3) I read: "Miners may suggest messages for payout coinbases." Can someone explain this?

Maybe the questions look silly in the eyes of an experienced miner, but answering helps me and maybe lot of other people.

Thanks in advance!
1. That user just exceeded their minimum payment threshold, so they just got added into the payment queue. They haven't been in the queue two weeks.
2. Under My Eligius
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 12:41:08 AM

Back on topic:

Thanks in advance!
1. That user just exceeded their minimum payment threshold, so they just got added into the payment queue. They haven't been in the queue two weeks.
2. Under My Eligius

3. That's awesome! I didn't realise Eligius did this! The coinbase message is a message encoded in the coinbase. I know that doesn't help much, but rather than OT this whole page, just check this link:

https://blockchain.info/tx/289dc441a8a29749b7b1eacbd036b8a0f708f66c40a289f3babfcc3854b5f635

(make sure you have the "Hide scripts & coinbase" unchecked)

If you look at the section marked "Coinbase" you'll see a bunch of alphanumerics and below that:

(decoded) �R EligiusR���mm�| �k#�nk'   �ҿ��������� �U/s0test/�{��f

That's the decoded coinbase message. What I understand from your quote is that Eligius is considering allowing miners to add to the coinbase message - fantastic! You can get your little bit of bitcoin immortality right here.

(wizkid - if I'm wrong please don't embarrass me Smiley  )

sconklin321

Activity: 543

Orjinal üyelik ToRiKaN banlanalı asır ol

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:22:58 AM

First off, I know I'm still fairly new to this, but shifts under PPLNS are determined by the number of shares submitted, not the amount of time.  Therefore the length of a round is irrelevant.  Rounds get shorter as hashing power for the pool increases, as hashing power increases so do blocks found.  So, in the long run, say the course of a day, week, month, your income will over all be the same irrelevant of the length of time each shift lasts. 

Second, when you mine for any pool under PPLNS, you will experience variance.  This is due to the fact that sometimes the pool gets lucky and finds a block in 10 minutes and sometimes it takes several hours.  The one thing you have under PPLNS rather than purely a proportional system per block, is you get paid for your shares over the course of several blocks which will help lower the variance.

The moral of the story here is that you don't look at income per share, but income over a period of time.  The only time income per share matters is under a pure PPS system where you get x per share you submit, regardless of the blocks being found.  This is riskier for pools, so most charge a higher fee, like BTC Guild's 7% vs. 3% PPLNS because they agree to pay you the same even when the pool gets unlucky.  So if you don't want to experience variance, you should switch your workers to use PPS vs. PPLNS  because it is the only way you'll get paid the same each time you find a share.

- Orjinal Üyelik Eski Banlanmış ToRiKaN -

https://youtube.com/c/KriptoParatoner

www twitter.com/torikan
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: