Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:38:27 PM

I volunteer to escrow Smiley

Society doesn't scale.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:38:41 PM

in HYIP i don't have any doubt about scam, but i know eligius is not HYIP, so 50/50...

I smell a bet!

I propose we each put in 1 BTC.

If you win (Eligius never comes back up and this is a scam), you get my 1 BTC.

If I win (Eligius comes back up and continues normal operation), I donate your 1 BTC to the pool.

If you accept, we'll both send 1 BTC to escrow.

Would it be unfair if I also wanted to wager for Eligius coming back? Cheesy

lol, Reyhs, who's sock puppet are you anyway?

Anyway, forum trolls aside, update on progress:

Data is importing into the new database server.  Its working well so far, pretty speedy.  Still a lot of data to move and organize.  As soon as the shares database has enough data to move forward I'm going to fire up CPPSRB to start some accounting on the data, since that will take a few hours at best and I should be able to finish the imports before it completes or gets close to the end of the data.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
capa

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:39:01 PM

Thanks for all your hard work on this wizkid057 i know it's been a tough couple of days, but i think the new hardware will help a lot in the mid term and as you can see from the posts apart from the odd troll Eligius has a lot of standing in the bitcoin community, it is a hard earned and well deserved trust.

ty Smiley
spooderman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:42:44 PM

While your sitting there waiting for data to transfer, would you mind sharing your opinion on P2pool with us wizkid? I love this pool and it's all I've ever used (eligius that is - I used bitminter aaaages ago), but I feel the ethical thing to do would be to use p2p.

Society doesn't scale.
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:45:07 PM

Thanks for the constant updates and all the work you're putting in WK!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

I go to BTC from some HYIP project where i lost 33000$ last year. It's not trolling, just my opinion - eligius have 300 BTC on credit before database collision, now after 30+ blocks more than 1 000 000 dollars on credit... IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !

now this is interesting. I would like to hear more about it from others too. can this be true?

I too, would like to create a new troll account and ask these serious questions, as skilled as losing $33,000 as I am.

ronin4bits

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:51:26 PM

I don't post here a lot - so I know what I speak of when I wonder aloud why Reyhs has spent about 7 of his 14 or 15 posts here, today, about this...  Shocked "Puppet" seems right.

I found Eligius after getting stuck for some coin when the asshole at BitClockers did what Reyhs thinks he sees here. This is not what's happening here - this is the best pool around, hands-down.

Thanks for everything wk!  Smiley

ps I am curious about your opinion on p2p, too, wk.
wpt1wpt1

Activity: 454
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:54:37 PM

I just miss not being able to see the work product of my electronic minions instantly, haaaaa for the good old days of swearing at hot and noisy video cards as they crash from overclocking and mining pools crashing hard every other day when you would really had to have the fail over set up correctly Shocked

THRIVE            ▄█▄
        ▄▄█████
   ▄▄██████████
 ▄███████████▀

████████▀▀▀
████▄▄  ▄▄██▄
▀████████████
  ▀█████████▀
  ▐██████▀▀
  ▐███▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀████
    █████▀▀
    ▀█
THE PREMIUM
DECENTRALIZED
AD MARKETPLACE
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██░░░░░░███
███░░░░▄███▀▀▄▄███░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄█████░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░█▀░▀██░░░░░░████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████▄░░░░███████▀░░░▄█████
███████░░░░█████▀░░░░██████
███████░░░░░███▀░░░░░██████
███████░█░░░░█▀░▄░░░░██████
███████░██░░░░░▄█░░░░██████
███████░███░░░▄██░░░░██████
█████▀░░░▀██░▄██▀░░░░▀█████
Reyhs

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:55:00 PM

in HYIP i don't have any doubt about scam, but i know eligius is not HYIP, so 50/50...

I smell a bet!

If I win (Eligius comes back up and continues normal operation), I donate your 1 BTC to the pool.

Data is importing into the new database server.  Its working well so far, pretty speedy.  Still a lot of data to move and organize.  As soon as the shares database has enough data to move forward I'm going to fire up CPPSRB to start some accounting on the data, since that will take a few hours at best and I should be able to finish the imports before it completes or gets close to the end of the data.

-wk

At now i see only two lost days and unknown time to start, day, week, month ? But somebody may still mining here, not me... Than if you so good as talk here - stop the pool and return when all is work because work on pool without statistics and payouts not right.
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:56:01 PM

While your sitting there waiting for data to transfer, would you mind sharing your opinion on P2pool with us wizkid? I love this pool and it's all I've ever used (eligius that is - I used bitminter aaaages ago), but I feel the ethical thing to do would be to use p2p.

p2pool is a good concept, however it has some drawbacks (and advantages) over pools like Eligius.  While p2pool is decentralized, it doesn't have any way to iron out variance with a historical reward system such as CPPSRB.  There is also the issue of the fast work flushes/restarts with a lot of mining hardware that cause people to lose hash rate (and probably not even notice it if they don't use bfgminer which shows the pool-side accepted hash rate).

There are some theoretical attacks that can be performed on p2pool also that decrease miner earnings.  (I'm not sure how public the details information on this is so I'll refrain.)

p2pool may seem more DoS resistant, but, if you think about it, by using p2pool unless you use something like tor you're exposing your IP to all other p2pool users, good and bad.  Knocking out someone's ~20 megabit cable connection with a DoS is much simpler than knocking out a pool like Eligius with heavy DoS protections in place.  Knocking out the top miners on p2pool with a DDoS would likely be pretty trivial for a small botnet.  While that wouldn't kill p2pool, it would obviously increase variance.

*shrugs*

Overall, I prefer Eligius.  Lower variance, all data is available to miners to audit the pool's blocks and tons of data is already exposed via the open APIs.  Plus with the majority of payouts going directly to miners from the coinbase transaction (pretty sure Eligius did this before p2pool? {citation needed}) user funds are never really in the pool's hands per se.  With most pools the blocks always pay the pool and you just trust the pool to not run off with the coins or otherwise mess up and not pay you.

Back to database work...

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:03:33 AM

I smell a bet!

-wk

At now i see only two lost days and unknown time to start, day, week, month ? But somebody may still mining here, not me... Than if you so good as talk here - stop the pool and return when all is work because work on pool without statistics and payouts not right.

Because it's keeping track of everything just fine, and it would be a pain in my ass for him to shut the pool down, not to mention costly having to run on pools with fees. Are you going to take the 1BTC bet or are you just a troll?

spooderman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:06:44 AM

My escrow offer remains for 10 more mins, then I gotta go to sleep. I imagine this is a simple troll though  Cheesy

Society doesn't scale.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:09:56 AM

My escrow offer remains for 10 more mins, then I gotta go to sleep. I imagine this is a simple troll though  Cheesy

I'll triple up your offer, troll: put up your 1BTC that Eligius is a scam, I'll put up 2BTC that it's 100% legit.

bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:10:26 AM

I haven't heard anything from him.  I'm guessing he's just a silly troll.

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Reyhs

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

I smell a bet!

-wk

Because it's keeping track of everything just fine, and it would be a pain in my ass for him to shut the pool down, not to mention costly having to run on pools with fees. Are you going to take the 1BTC bet or are you just a troll?

If here is a scam i lose more than 1 BTC, but i don't want to lose anything, that mens NO. So you not troll, but pool not payout right now. I give him 3 hours, if pool didn't work properly they totally means scam because 48+ hours is taken for repair. But it's not bet.
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:13:01 AM

I go to BTC from some HYIP project where i lost 33000$ last year. It's not trolling, just my opinion - eligius have 300 BTC on credit before database collision, now after 30+ blocks more than 1 000 000 dollars on credit... IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !
Seriously?  You're going to try and accuse the most open of all of the mining pools of being a scam? I literally lol'd.  

I reckon it is wizz'es girlfriend that is being scammed, just another half hour dear, then I will see to you, honest  Grin

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:14:29 AM

Seriously?  You're going to try and accuse the most open of all of the mining pools of being a scam? I literally lol'd.  

I reckon it is wizz'es girlfriend that is being scammed, just another half hour dear, then I will see to you, honest  Grin

Now that made me lol

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 12:18:10 AM

I smell a bet!

-wk

If here is a scam i lose more than 1 BTC, but i don't want to lose anything, that mens NO. So you not troll, but pool not payout right now. I give him 3 hours, if pool didn't work properly they totally means scam because 48+ hours is taken for repair. But it's not bet.

3 hours. You came up with that figure based on your extensive knowledge of...?

Reyhs

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:20:39 AM

Bla... bla... bla... pool still not pay.

So somebody talk about infinite time to wait and 2 BTC but in infinite i never win, because of it 3 hour. Why want to take bet ?
CeeCee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:27:59 AM

Bla... bla... bla... pool still not pay.

So somebody talk about infinite time to wait and 2 BTC but in infinite i never win, because of it 3 hour. Why want to take bet ?
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: