Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
Ximoxion

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:59:39 PM

Was wondering if there was any update on the Hashbuster Micros.  I placed an order and have not received confirmation or any other information.  Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:40:31 PM

coinbase payouts do not matter to me...  I would rather have regular-sized payouts that reduce dust in the wallet (more friendly to the network).

i.e. payout at 0.1 BTC threshold.

Any chance of having that option?

Implementing that would have the side effect of not needing to put a set of addresses in the coinbase.

minimum payout can be configured here (I have mine set to 0.2):

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?cmd=options

A simple minimum payout does not avoid the problem of receiving dust.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:46:25 PM

A simple minimum payout does not avoid the problem of receiving dust.

Ok, then I don't understand what you're asking for. 

The my payments are always 0.2xxxxxxx.  The only case where I would receive a dust payment is if I stop mining altogether at eligius right after I had received a payment, then eventually I would get my balance (no matter how small and dusty) as a payment.

Are you asking for payments to only ever be in clean multiples of some payment threshold?  So 0.20000000 but never 0.21738261?  I guess I can see the point if when you spend bitcoins, you only ever spend them in nice round numbers.  That hasn't been typical for my purchases (via BitPay), because of exchange rates, the merchants are often asking me to send them a payment of 0.162534 or whatever, and so even if my wallet was initially full of nice clean inputs, they wouldn't stay clean for long.

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:02:49 PM

I didn't read the KNC issues in detail. But one issue I seem to be having lately is if the 'pool difficulty' is high for my device, it seems more likely to crash(Temperature runs higher). Which requires a full power down of the device(BFL 60GH).  I'm looking forward to the set-able difficulty, so I can do some testing.
Difficulty does not affect devices at all.
Even if you could set difficulty, it is unlikely to allow setting it lower than the automatic variable difficulty (which is lower than most pools use on Eligius).

So for example, when it's finished, if I set the '--request-diff' flag to '64' for example, it will still give a automatic value? What is this flag really accomplishing?

Just a FYI, '64' diff. seems to be the safe limit for my device, when it starts using '128' the temp runs higher and then it is more likely to completely crash, requiring a cold boot.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:11:39 PM

I didn't read the KNC issues in detail. But one issue I seem to be having lately is if the 'pool difficulty' is high for my device, it seems more likely to crash(Temperature runs higher). Which requires a full power down of the device(BFL 60GH).  I'm looking forward to the set-able difficulty, so I can do some testing.
Even if you could set difficulty, it is unlikely to allow setting it lower than the automatic variable difficulty (which is lower than most pools use on Eligius).

So for example, when it's finished, if I set the '--request-diff' flag to '64' for example, it will still give a automatic value? What is this flag really accomplishing?

Just a FYI, '64' diff. seems to be the safe limit for my device, when it starts using '128' the temp runs higher and then it is more likely to completely crash, requiring a cold boot.

Changing the diff does not change the operation of your device at all.  It still generates shares exactly the same way it was already doing.  The difficulty simply determines which shares actually get submitted to the pool.  If the difficulty is 64, then only shares with a difficulty over 64 are submitted.  If the diff is 128, then only generated shares that just happen to have a difficulty of 128 or higher are submitted.

Changing difficulty does not make your hardware work harder, or less hard, or change anything at all about the hardware operation - it just defines which generated shares actually get submitted to the pool by the miner software.

PS - The last time I mined on Eligius, the '--request-diff' flag was not honored by the pool.  I don't know if that is still true or not.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:03:52 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 01:28:20 AM by GigaWave

Changing the diff does not change the operation of your device at all.  It still generates shares exactly the same way it was already doing.  The difficulty simply determines which shares actually get submitted to the pool.  If the difficulty is 64, then only shares with a difficulty over 64 are submitted.  If the diff is 128, then only generated shares that just happen to have a difficulty of 128 or higher are submitted.

Changing difficulty does not make your hardware work harder, or less hard, or change anything at all about the hardware operation - it just defines which generated shares actually get submitted to the pool by the miner software.

PS - The last time I mined on Eligius, the '--request-diff' flag was not honored by the pool.  I don't know if that is still true or not.

At this point I can't definitively say what I have noticed is true, but it really does look like that is the case. Also, this seems to be a more recent thing. This device has been mining for a few months now, and in the past I would typically only have a hard crash once every two weeks at most. In the past 4 days, it has happened 5 times.

I keep a pretty close eye on the ambient temps and they really haven't changed. I have a Arduino with a temp sensor next to the device and can log the temps. Is their a easy way to log BFGMiner output to a file?

From my understanding they are days away from getting the flag working.

EDIT:(20 minutes after last reboot)
Just had it crash again, I wonder if this thing is just thinking about giving up the ghost or what?  Here is a screenshot of what it does when it crashes.(from a month ago, but it's the same thing)
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:04:20 AM

This issue may have been gone over already, but as this is currently at like a billion pages, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I just recently added 2 Antminer S1 units (~400 Gh/s), but my 128 and 256 second hash rates don't seem to be showing my new hash speed correctly.  As I've had my new machines up and running for nearly 3 hours, the 3 hour average actually appears to be correct.  Is this a problem other people have had?  Or should I be doing something to resolve this?

Thanks,
bmoconno

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:12:01 AM

So with the help of many volunteers I believe I have found the cause of the issues with KNC miners running cgminer.

cgminer seems to be "forgetting" about work if new work is not given often.  Eligius uses what I believe was an originally defined standard of 55 seconds between stratum work updates.  Work is valid for 120 seconds.  However, when cgminer doesnt get a work update every 30 seconds or so, it occasionally seems to forget the work it gave to some hashing cores and this manifests as false hardware errors.

So far three affected KNC users have confirmed that changing the work update interval to 30 seconds fixes the false HW error issue and gives a boost in hash rate.  As for tracking down the actual cgminer bug I will try to work with conman and kano on it, and hopefully keep it civil.

I will be updating the pool to do stratum work updates every 30 seconds instead of 55 seconds like it does now.  Anyone else having KNC HW error issues willing to test this before its on the live server (dev server, still get full credit for work) shoot me a PM on IRC.

I'm unsure if this issue affects non-KNC devices running cgminer as my efforts in tracking this down have been focused on KNC.

---

Side note, Bitminter beat us by about a second on a block earlier and it ended up throwing a failsafe.  Stats and payout queue are catching up. 

Basically, I'm going to *try* to dedicate most of this weekend to Eligius improvements.  So, more to come.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:13:14 AM

This issue may have been gone over already, but as this is currently at like a billion pages, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I just recently added 2 Antminer S1 units (~400 Gh/s), but my 128 and 256 second hash rates don't seem to be showing my new hash speed correctly.  As I've had my new machines up and running for nearly 3 hours, the 3 hour average actually appears to be correct.  Is this a problem other people have had?  Or should I be doing something to resolve this?

Thanks,
bmoconno

The 128/256 second hashrates rely on the reward system, and as noted in my last post, it went into failsafe mode earlier.  They should be correct in about an hour.  The 22.5 minute and longer time period hashrates should always be correct.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:14:01 AM

Thanks,
bmoconno

The 128/256 second hashrates rely on the reward system, and as noted in my last post, it went into failsafe mode earlier.  They should be correct in about an hour.  The 22.5 minute and longer time period hashrates should always be correct.

Excellent!  Thanks for the rapid response, I love your pool!

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:45:03 AM

Anyone else having KNC HW error issues willing to test this before its on the live server (dev server, still get full credit for work) shoot me a PM on IRC.

Will pop on IRC can test on dev

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:34:48 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 05:51:18 AM by lenny_

I have issues with HW ratio on Eligius on KNC Jupiter November units. I have 3 units, all of them behave exactly the same.

Testing scenario one of the units:
1. Restart cgminer, choose Eligius pool via ssh, reset cgminer statistics, let it run for couple of hours, write down stats
2. Restart cgminer, choose BitMinter pool via ssh, reset cgminer statistics, let it run for couple of hours, write down stats
3. Repeat nr 1
4. Repeat nr 2

Stats:
1. Eligius 9.4% HW, WU 8437 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z0CgjT8HdwYnhkTFk1TGd1VUE/edit?usp=sharing
2. BitMinter 1.5% HW, WU 9199 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z0CgjT8HdwZFB6Nkx1czBNdEE/edit?usp=sharing
3. Eligius 8.9% HW, WU 8478 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z0CgjT8HdwazZsRnlPbDdYQkk/edit?usp=sharing
4. BitMinter 1.6% HW, WU 9188 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z0CgjT8HdwMTJMaW1kdkNaQlE/edit?usp=sharing

I have default settings of:
Code:
[Q]ueue: 1
[S]cantime: 60
[E]xpiry: 120

wizkid057, what should I set there? I will be happy to help with dev pool, sent you PM.

Regards,
Lenny

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
BobbyJo

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:31:41 AM

I apologise if this has been covered already but I have been away for a couple of weeks and despite reading back, have found no mention of it.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, the web site would display stats, hash rate, balance etc and I could remotely check my miners were still working ok.  I received a regular payout, every few days of approx the same amount.  In my wallet, it showed as being mined.

Now, none of the stats show up (all say 0 G Hash/s/ 0 balance etc), although my miner is working fine.  I also seem to get a payout (by transfer not mined) every couple of hours (obviously much lower amount).

I have no problem with this (I would love the stats to work again) but I wanted to check it was a conscious decision to change the way the pool works rather than a bug my end!

Thanks

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:50:48 AM

Now, none of the stats show up (all say 0 G Hash/s/ 0 balance etc), although my miner is working fine.  I also seem to get a payout (by transfer not mined) every couple of hours (obviously much lower amount).

This makes no sense at all.  Stats have been working fine for me for months.  Huh
UncleBen

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:56:56 AM

Now, none of the stats show up (all say 0 G Hash/s/ 0 balance etc), although my miner is working fine.  I also seem to get a payout (by transfer not mined) every couple of hours (obviously much lower amount).

This makes no sense at all.  Stats have been working fine for me for months.  Huh

Hi there!

I'm also mining through Eligius pool...
Is that pool hacked? My miners are working pretty well (20GH/s), but on the stats menu there's 0GH/s... I restarted the stratum proxy, and the stats looked good for half an hour and now again dropping to 0GH/s (although my miners are working).

Help?

--- Edited:
Okay, is it right, that the stats are just not working properly, but reward is calculating correct?
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:01:53 PM

This makes no sense at all.  Stats have been working fine for me for months.  Huh

Hi there!

Is that pool hacked? My miners are working pretty well (20GH/s), but on the stats menu there's 0GH/s... I restarted the stratum proxy, and the stats looked good for half an hour and now again dropping to 0GH/s (although my miners are working).

Help?

Stats are still working fine for me.  Why do you think it's hacked?   

Huh
UncleBen

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

Now, none of the stats show up (all say 0 G Hash/s/ 0 balance etc), although my miner is working fine.  I also seem to get a payout (by transfer not mined) every couple of hours (obviously much lower amount).

This makes no sense at all.  Stats have been working fine for me for months.  Huh

Hi there!

Help?

Stats are still working fine for me.  Why do you think it's hacked?  

Huh

Because my workers are working finde (miner webconfig is showing 20GH/s and received and accepted shares) but the eligius status page is showing 0GH/s...

Right now it's looking good, but I obviously had a dropout of half a day at the eligius pool.

And I'm wondering myself if my hashing-power has been misused...
BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:32:57 PM

Entire site seems to be down and my miner has stopped.  Moved to back up!

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:36:40 PM

Entire site seems to be down and my miner has stopped.  Moved to back up!

All my miners seem to hashing fine, not down from my end  Undecided
BobbyJo

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:37:29 PM

Can you access stats page?

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: