Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 [773] 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 02:55:41 AM

** Nomp transparency **

Nice, good to see this Smiley  

pool seems to be working fine here! (NOMP one), got my first payment about 12-15 hours after started mining
ill be leaving my CPUs here for a bit i think (till RandomXmr atleast hehe)
Good Work!

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 03:38:07 AM

Did all the proposals pass?

When is QT being turned off? Will this be done earlier, or go hand-in-hand when all the other economic percentages change as well?

Needycoin

Activity: 138
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:39:30 AM

We are waiting to see all  biblepay's members trading in needyex

https://needyex.com/trade/index/market/bbp_needy/

https://needyex.com/Trade/index/market/bbp_btc

happy trading

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 03:14:27 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 04:50:19 PM by sunk818

1) can we have lower difficulty? Even 3 diff is kind of high for some computers. Could you offer difficulty of 1 or lower perhaps?

2) Wrote some new articles:

I downloaded the Biblepay wallet but it doesn’t sync, why?
https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-wallet-sync-issue.html

How do I mine on the BiblePay NOMP pool?
https://whitewalr.us/2019/biblepay-nomp-pool-mining.html

3) I get disconnected from pool sometimes. I just communicated with it so I am not sure why this is happening.

stratum_recv_line failed
Stratum connection interrupted

I tried temporarily from different networks (usa, europe, asia, etc). it seems to happen regardless of where my miner traffic originates from.. i wonder if pool can handle all the workers?

is anyone else seeing the disconnect?

4) i let some miners run overnight and I think invalid shares is high again. out of 1050 submitted / only 1010 accepted. So, something like 96.1% accept rate. saturday day worked very good. but saturday night maybe more people joined pool, i don't know.

bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 06:50:13 PM

Did all the proposals pass?

When is QT being turned off? Will this be done earlier, or go hand-in-hand when all the other economic percentages change as well?

Lets carefully consider this next change.

I suppose we can start to disable it in 7 days, since the proposal won, and that will theoretically start the invitation process to more miners (despite having a high diff level).

But I am going to create a soft deadline of having PODC 2.0 released around Thanksgiving, and, definitely at that point, QT would be off, and PODC would be enabled and replacing the POG budget.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 06:54:13 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 07:17:26 PM by bible_pay

1) can we have lower difficulty? Even 3 diff is kind of high for some computers. Could you offer difficulty of 1 or lower perhaps?

3) I get disconnected from pool sometimes. I just communicated with it so I am not sure why this is happening.

stratum_recv_line failed

I tried temporarily from different networks (usa, europe, asia, etc). it seems to happen regardless of where my miner traffic originates from.. i wonder if pool can handle all the workers?

4) i let some miners run overnight and I think invalid shares is high again. out of 1050 submitted / only 1010 accepted. So, something like 96.1% accept rate. saturday day worked very good. but saturday night maybe more people joined pool, i don't know.

1) Port 3032 has a variable diff of 1-10 now.  I had to change a parameter.

2) Will need to read them.

3) I believe this needs a code change in the external miner.  Ill ask you to enter a github as soon as the feature is enabled.  Yeah, the pool is hardly using resources, so Im sure its handling the workers.  Its just a condition when no one in the round solves a share for 120 seconds, stratum hangs up and reconnects.  

4) 1010 out of 1050 is completely normal.  There are 8 error messages the pools check for, and that ratio is very much inline with what pool.biblepay.org experienced.  

5) Ill try to get that nomp doc out today so you can start a pool also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 07:08:01 PM

So although I don't expect PODC2.0 to solve all of our problems, as supporting Cancer Mining is going to be a lot of work, we are going to try to make big improvements over podc 1.0 (using the knowledge we've learned up til now) before releasing 2.0.

We need to make 2.0 more like the iPhone:  Easy to setup, easy to understand, easy to maintain.  The defaults should work.

Some of the pitfalls we had before:  Daily podcupdates required, meaning the core wallet had to be running, had to unlock wallets to send podc updates, had to have funds available for the CPID association, had to understand all the terminology, etc.

Last night I started working on something called an "external PODC purse".  This will allow a user to store a balance in an external purse.  Then PODC will be able to fund the association, and the daily updates (for both PODC & Cameroon one) through this purse, so you will no longer have to have the wallet unlocked.  Ive been waiting for this myself as I dont know how many times I booted biblepay and never unlocked the wallet, and lost the rewards for the day (probably 50% of the time) etc.  So this works in alpha now, so this will be coming.  You will basically type a command to join Cancer mining (or WCG, TBD), and we will make an external purse for you, IE an adddress called "PODC", and you will fund it with 1000 bbp.  Then we will associate your cpid to that address.  Later, we will ensure the updates are sent from the main thread (and no longer from the miner) and they will only cost about .25 bbp max (for tx fees) and they will send even when wallets are locked.  Then in a few years you can fund the purse using a special command.  This should cut down on support issues.

One volunteer helper I could use -- do we have a volunteer who wants to make a biblepay CPID stats website?  One that does something like pull the data from the core wallet via rpc commands, and cache it, and show RAC per CPID per day and a graph?  (Something that will cut down on support questions from new users).  I will gladly give you a subdomain of biblepay.org if you want to take this on.  This will allow me to focus on working on the Data, and the RPC commands, and someone else can focus on UI for ease of use?  (On a side note -- I can manage pulling in our prior core wallet cpid association page again from biblepay-classic -- asap).

Also, I will ensure we make the CPID data display in the rpc more user friendly this time.

Im also thinking since we will no longer require the 'bbp for rac' rule or escrow reqs anymore, therefore we can streamline things a little more, meaning boinc can keep crunching on phones or on cpus for days, and if you dont check in for 7 days you should still receive 7 rewards automatically in your locked (and non-running) wallet.

Basically we need a plug-n-play environment for PODC 2.0.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:18:27 PM

stratum_recv_line failed

1) Port 3032 has a variable diff of 1-10 now.  I had to change a parameter.

3) I believe this needs a code change in the external miner.  Ill ask you to enter a github as soon as the feature is enabled.  Yeah, the pool is hardly using resources, so Im sure its handling the workers.  Its just a condition when no one in the round solves a share for 120 seconds, stratum hangs up and reconnects.  

4) 1010 out of 1050 is completely normal.  There are 8 error messages the pools check for, and that ratio is very much inline with what pool.biblepay.org experienced.  

Sun, if you (or anyone else) wants to start a NOMP pool here is the documentation:

https://github.com/biblepay/node-open-mining-portal/blob/master/Deploy%20a%20Nomp%20BiblePay%20Pool.txt

Good luck!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:25:21 PM

I noticed when dip3 was turned on (?), a special tx was in the block. i take it there's no way to have the sanctuaries agree on cpid registration and do it for free? it'd be good to receive rewards as long as our cpid had rac and not have to run the wallet even if it is every 7 days?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:34:29 PM

I noticed when dip3 was turned on (?), a special tx was in the block. i take it there's no way to have the sanctuaries agree on cpid registration and do it for free? it'd be good to receive rewards as long as our cpid had rac and not have to run the wallet even if it is every 7 days?

Well I think these are 3 separate issues, and I think we can make leaps and bounds in 2.0 compared to 1.0.

In 1.0, we required an association, and daily escrow reqs to be posted (bbp->rac), and - a daily PODC update to carry the RAC into the daily superblock.

I do agree that simplifying 'one time registration' would be good, but in 2.0, we still need the user to do a one time CPID registration to join WCG or Cancer Mining.

But, in 2.0, I think we can remove the daily burdens.  We can make it where you can leave your controller wallet off, and just cancer-mine in boinc and on your phone devices, and we can have the sancs register the daily updates automatically for users, yes, Im going to do this in 2.0.

However, I dont think we can do this for cameroon-one at this phase.  So for people like you and me we still need to send cameroon one updates in daily, but for the boinc users I think we can automate the experience for them.

However I am working on an improvement for cameroon-one.  So that the wallet will send the cameroon-one daily update from the external purse - that way we can leave our wallets locked and cameroon one will go out.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:50:45 PM

I have a question Sun:

In your Signature you have a link to a "BBP community thread" - which I called the bbp-haters before, primarily because it spreads infighting and vitriol in our community.  Ive apologized for things that I thought were wrong in the past and made a good effort to forgive anyone for anything I held against them. 

But I havent had the same respect shown back to me - like for example all the attacks where people accused me of stealing orphan funds, or deliberately censoring, or accusing me of hiding things etc, and frankly Im not even asking for that.

What I suppose is pretty damaging, is that you are still advertising this as a community thread.  Shouldnt this be our community thread (as it is our only official bitcointalk presence), shouldnt that be changed?

And shouldnt T-mike be taking down all that hate speech and bringing the community together and apologizing for leaving it up?

Could you offer your opinion on removing all of that and starting over, and reaching out to T-Mike and asking him to do that?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Nipar

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:54:33 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 11:52:30 PM by Nipar

stratum_recv_line failed

1) Port 3032 has a variable diff of 1-10 now.  I had to change a parameter.

3) I believe this needs a code change in the external miner.  Ill ask you to enter a github as soon as the feature is enabled.  Yeah, the pool is hardly using resources, so Im sure its handling the workers.  Its just a condition when no one in the round solves a share for 120 seconds, stratum hangs up and reconnects. 

4) 1010 out of 1050 is completely normal.  There are 8 error messages the pools check for, and that ratio is very much inline with what pool.biblepay.org experienced. 

Sun, if you (or anyone else) wants to start a NOMP pool here is the documentation:

https://github.com/biblepay/node-open-mining-portal/blob/master/Deploy%20a%20Nomp%20BiblePay%20Pool.txt

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the pool document. I will try one for sure Smiley
I have 2 questions: Currently what kind of bandwidth is the NOMP pool requiring (up and down)??  and is it ok to charge a little bit to help with hosting cost ( 0.1 to 0.5%)?

I have a 5 addresses for 5 miners but only getting 2 payments lately. Is there a minimum payment? they are all over 100 bbp.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 12:43:52 AM

stratum_recv_line failed

3) I believe this needs a code change in the external miner.  Ill ask you to enter a github as soon as the feature is enabled.  Yeah, the pool is hardly using resources, so Im sure its handling the workers.  Its just a condition when no one in the round solves a share for 120 seconds, stratum hangs up and reconnects. 

4) 1010 out of 1050 is completely normal.  There are 8 error messages the pools check for, and that ratio is very much inline with what pool.biblepay.org experienced. 

Good luck!

I have 2 questions: Currently what kind of bandwidth is the NOMP pool requiring (up and down)??  and is it ok to charge a little bit to help with hosting cost ( 0.1 to 0.5%)?

I have a 5 addresses for 5 miners but only getting 2 payments lately. Is there a minimum payment? they are all over 100 bbp.

You can actually charge whatever you want.  Although if you go higher than 5% or so I think all the miners will rebel.

It looks like the host is using about 40 gigs up and 80 gigs down per day right now (it gets 4000 gb free per month). 

Minimum payment is 100 bbp, could you please check pool.biblepay.org for a specific solved block and give an example of one that didnt get paid?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Nipar

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 12:48:17 AM

stratum_recv_line failed

Good luck!

You can actually charge whatever you want.  Although if you go higher than 5% or so I think all the miners will rebel.

It looks like the host is using about 40 gigs up and 80 gigs down per day right now (it gets 4000 gb free per month). 

Minimum payment is 100 bbp, could you please check pool.biblepay.org for a specific solved block and give an example of one that didnt get paid?

OK. Thanks for the explanation.
Minimum payment is 100 bbp and that explains why my slower miners get paid less often.
I sent you a PM with the 5 addresses and cannot seem to go back far enough on pool.biblepay.org NOMP page to get a clear picture.
That said, I think that since my slowest one just got paid 100.31832069 BBP it is most likely not being skipped.
Thanks again Smiley
capulo

Activity: 491
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:29:16 AM

i'm not able to rejoin pog...

}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec cpk capulinko true
{
  "Command": "cpk",
  "Results": false,
  "Error": "ALREADY_IN_CHAIN"
}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec join pog true
{
  "Command": "join",

how to fix this, seems force is not working for me
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 12:55:54 PM

So although I don't expect PODC2.0 to solve all of our problems, as supporting Cancer Mining is going to be a lot of work, we are going to try to make big improvements over podc 1.0 (using the knowledge we've learned up til now) before releasing 2.0.

We need to make 2.0 more like the iPhone:  Easy to setup, easy to understand, easy to maintain.  The defaults should work.

Some of the pitfalls we had before:  Daily podcupdates required, meaning the core wallet had to be running, had to unlock wallets to send podc updates, had to have funds available for the CPID association, had to understand all the terminology, etc.

Last night I started working on something called an "external PODC purse".  This will allow a user to store a balance in an external purse.  Then PODC will be able to fund the association, and the daily updates (for both PODC & Cameroon one) through this purse, so you will no longer have to have the wallet unlocked.  Ive been waiting for this myself as I dont know how many times I booted biblepay and never unlocked the wallet, and lost the rewards for the day (probably 50% of the time) etc.  So this works in alpha now, so this will be coming.  You will basically type a command to join Cancer mining (or WCG, TBD), and we will make an external purse for you, IE an adddress called "PODC", and you will fund it with 1000 bbp.  Then we will associate your cpid to that address.  Later, we will ensure the updates are sent from the main thread (and no longer from the miner) and they will only cost about .25 bbp max (for tx fees) and they will send even when wallets are locked.  Then in a few years you can fund the purse using a special command.  This should cut down on support issues.

One volunteer helper I could use -- do we have a volunteer who wants to make a biblepay CPID stats website?  One that does something like pull the data from the core wallet via rpc commands, and cache it, and show RAC per CPID per day and a graph?  (Something that will cut down on support questions from new users).  I will gladly give you a subdomain of biblepay.org if you want to take this on.  This will allow me to focus on working on the Data, and the RPC commands, and someone else can focus on UI for ease of use?  (On a side note -- I can manage pulling in our prior core wallet cpid association page again from biblepay-classic -- asap).

Also, I will ensure we make the CPID data display in the rpc more user friendly this time.

Im also thinking since we will no longer require the 'bbp for rac' rule or escrow reqs anymore, therefore we can streamline things a little more, meaning boinc can keep crunching on phones or on cpus for days, and if you dont check in for 7 days you should still receive 7 rewards automatically in your locked (and non-running) wallet.

Hi Rob,

Are you sure you want to switch back to PoDC with NO collateral requirement? Locking some coins away would be beneficial for supporting the price level and raising the barrier against a giant-cruncher (call it botnet) domination.
SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 01:28:42 PM

Can anyone point me to the best/most up to date guide for creating a sanctuary and are we able to run multiple sanctuaries on one machine now? Thanks.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 03:36:12 PM

Can anyone point me to the best/most up to date guide for creating a sanctuary and are we able to run multiple sanctuaries on one machine now? Thanks.

Yes, you can install multiple sancs on one machine now.  You just need to set the "port=" parameter to be a distinct port, for each instance, in the actual Sanctuary biblepay.conf file.
(On a side note I believe we can even be installed on Windows now).

Here is one that "looks OK", but Im not sure if it was replaced with a better one:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2

It has the right collateral.  Let me know if this raises any questions and Ill edit it if so.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 03:43:02 PM

Hi Rob,

Are you sure you want to switch back to PoDC with NO collateral requirement? Locking some coins away would be beneficial for supporting the price level and raising the barrier against a giant-cruncher (call it botnet) domination.

No, not completely sure of that, I figured we would make PODC into a GSC contract, and make it so that crunching always works, even for phones or CPUs, for days, without escrow req's or coin-age, as long as the CPID is part of team biblepay.  I did plan on capping a CPID at N rac (IE whatever 5 or so full blown computers average out to be) to make more available in general per CPID.

However, in our current branch (IE our transition before the next mandatory) we only support coin*age calcs.  So, this means if we did have PODC married with coin-age, we could require coin-age per rac, but then we start limiting adoption again, IE people not only need to buy BBP, but then they need unlocked wallets for big stakes per day.

I was thinking, if we move to a new model with this external-purse, we only need to send 1 bbp per day to maintain cameroon one (or PODC updates) therefore wallets could stay locked, people can be away from the node for 7 days, funding to refill the external purse is only once a year, etc.

So maybe we should first transition to integration PODC 2.0 in, let the crunchers come into Team BBP, and then we regroup and talk about better ways to kill botnets, maybe something new rather than locked wallets and utxos etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 03:48:37 PM

i'm not able to rejoin pog...

}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec cpk capulinko true
{
  "Command": "cpk",
}
capo@xeon4:~$ biblepay-cli exec join pog true
{
  "Command": "join",

how to fix this, seems force is not working for me

Although capulinko, is probably in there already as far as a nickname being linked to an old address, try this:
exec cpk your-nickname your-emailaddress user true
The your-emailaddress and "user" must come before the "force=true"

Then try a sendgscc after 5 confirms after you are in the chain, then wait for the leaderboard.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 [773] 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: