Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:46:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 [738] 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 07:37:44 PM

Yes, version 1.1 is not synchronized. No balance and no history. Unable to connect.

If we are experiencing trouble with some subdomains, it may affect the seed nodes, please try this:

- Go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Biblepay Nodes
Then switch from auto to manual node and write this node ip: 8.6.193.83 and in port write 40000.

This should allow you to sync.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 08:04:52 PM

Yes, version 1.1 is not synchronized. No balance and no history. Unable to connect.

If we are experiencing trouble with some subdomains, it may affect the seed nodes, please try this:

Then switch from auto to manual node and write this node ip: 8.6.193.83 and in port write 40000.

I just checked dns1-4.biblepay.org and they are up.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
MIP

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 09:33:31 PM

While debugging this issue in iOS and Android (android also has the same bug as iOS but exception is catched in Java code so it does not crash) I noticed that syncing got stuck because stored peers were refusing connection. I didn't check if the IPs were the dns ones but I will check again by cleaning all wallet data (only way I have to delete stored peers in mobile devices) and will inform on those peers if I can reproduce this.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 09:46:54 PM

While debugging this issue in iOS and Android (android also has the same bug as iOS but exception is catched in Java code so it does not crash) I noticed that syncing got stuck because stored peers were refusing connection. I didn't check if the IPs were the dns ones but I will check again by cleaning all wallet data (only way I have to delete stored peers in mobile devices) and will inform on those peers if I can reproduce this.

Yeah, after the issue occurred (where our  dns1-4 were deleted spontaneously), I noticed the same thing, but since then I went through one by one and verified the IPs and connectivity manually (and there were a few issues) and now all 4 connect again.  Im hosting #1 for example and it exceeded the bandwidth limits due to all nodes connecting to #1, but that has been resolved now.

This was a one time problem btw (with the records being deleted by cloudflare) - it shouldn't happen again under normal circumstance so we should be back to reliability now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 10:59:24 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2019, 02:12:16 AM by bible_pay

** UPGRADING YOUR SANCTUARIES TO DETERMINISTIC (DIP3) **

Recently we explained during our Evolution Upgrade guide steps that at height 135,300 we would start upgrading our sancs to deterministic (https://wiki.biblepay.org/Evolution_Upgrade).

The goal is to finish this process by the end of August (before our August superblock emits).  So we have 28 days to perform this.

This will allow us to emit a superblock entirely from dip3 based sancs (and set us in a position for the next step in September).

Here are two resources we can start with containing instructions to upgrade your sanc from legacy to deterministic:
How to upgrade a legacy Sanc to a deterministic Sanc using the BiblePay upgrade tool (built in the core wallet):
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=391.msg5968#msg5968

How to create a deterministic sanc from scratch the Dash way:
https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html#option-2-registering-from-dash-core-wallet

Very important info for you to know:
If you use the BiblePay upgradesanc tool, BiblePay will automatically create a file called deterministic.conf in your Data directory (this is where your masternode.conf file is).  We will automatically add a new row to this file every time you upgrade a sanctuary to deterministic.  This file will contain your sanctuary name, ip, port, collateral txid, pro-tx txid, blsprivkey, blspubkey, and all other pertinent tx info on one row.

Note that you should back up this file occasionally, in case you destroy your cold sanctuary (VMSs).  This will allow you to retrieve the masternodeblsprivkey, which is required to recreate a deterministic sanctuary!  So remember, back up your deterministic.conf along with backing up your wallet.dat.  If you create sancs using the Dash method above you will need to manually copy your masternodeblsprivkey over to notepad and create a backup system to back up your notes.

Summarizing the process:

1.  We assume you have a sanctuary named 'biblical1'.    This sanctuary exists in your masternode.conf file.
2.  Type 'exec upgradesanc biblical1 0' into the RPC.  If an error is thrown, post here and we will help.  Otherwise continue to step 3.
3.  Type 'exec upgradesanc biblical1 1' into the RPC.  This results in many lines of output with all the keys etc.
4.  Edit your remote hosted sanctuary biblepay.conf file (your cold sanc VMS's biblepay.conf file).
5.  Add an entry:  masternodeblsprivkey=nnnnnn  (replace the n's with the blsprivkey which is found in the output of the command.  Alternatively you can also get this value from viewing the deterministic.conf file we created in your datadir).
    **** VERY IMPORTANT:  You must ensure your masternodeblsprivkey is correct on the sanctuary itself, otherwise your sanctuary will get POSE banned in the future, and will utterly fail in the next mandatory version (our future branch of biblepay requires the masternodeblsprivkey to allow the sanc to participate in LLMQ quorums.) ****

6.  Reboot the remote sanctuary.  
7.  Verify the sanctuaries masternode status is ENABLED from the controller wallet sanctuary list.
8.  From the sanctuary, type 'masternode status' and verify the status is "Masternode successfully started".

How do I upgrade many sanctuaries at once:

If you own a massive number of sanctuaries, you can run the upgradesanc command on all of them first, then write a program to loop through your deterministic.conf file on the controller wallet, and for each entry, connect to the remote host (by IP found in the data row), edit the remote cold sanc masternode.conf file, adding the masternodeblsprivkey=nnnn entry in the file.  Then rebooting the remote sanc via script.

** Recommendation **

It is recommended that each of us upgrade one today and take a look at the network and verify everything looks fine, then continue with more.

** Step 1 **

I just upgraded my first sanc to deterministic successfully using the upgradesanc method.  

Let's test a few and please provide feedback here if anyone encounters a glitch.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 11:53:38 PM

When trying to upgrade a sanc, if I comment the masternodeprivkey, the MN shuts down

Code:
2019-08-03 23:46:28 Error: You must specify a masternodeprivkey in the configuration. Please see documentation for help.

After uncommenting it, it starts fine and it shows as successfully started in the VPS and I can see it in the DIP3 tab.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 01:58:24 AM

When trying to upgrade a sanc, if I comment the masternodeprivkey, the MN shuts down

Code:
2019-08-03 23:46:28 Error: You must specify a masternodeprivkey in the configuration. Please see documentation for help.

After uncommenting it, it starts fine and it shows as successfully started in the VPS and I can see it in the DIP3 tab.

I just removed that step from the instructions to prevent confusion.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
neka12

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 07:52:47 AM

Yeah, after the issue occurred (where our  dns1-4 were deleted spontaneously), I noticed the same thing, but since then I went through one by one and verified the IPs and connectivity manually (and there were a few issues) and now all 4 connect again.  Im hosting #1 for example and it exceeded the bandwidth limits due to all nodes connecting to #1, but that has been resolved now.

This was a one time problem btw (with the records being deleted by cloudflare) - it shouldn't happen again under normal circumstance so we should be back to reliability now.

Great, it's working!
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 01:59:42 PM

** UPGRADING YOUR SANCTUARIES TO DETERMINISTIC (DIP3) **

Recently we explained during our Evolution Upgrade guide steps that at height 135,300 we would start upgrading our sancs to deterministic (https://wiki.biblepay.org/Evolution_Upgrade).

The goal is to finish this process by the end of August (before our August superblock emits).  So we have 28 days to perform this.

This will allow us to emit a superblock entirely from dip3 based sancs (and set us in a position for the next step in September).

Here are two resources we can start with containing instructions to upgrade your sanc from legacy to deterministic:
How to upgrade a legacy Sanc to a deterministic Sanc using the BiblePay upgrade tool (built in the core wallet):
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=391.msg5968#msg5968

How to create a deterministic sanc from scratch the Dash way:
https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html#option-2-registering-from-dash-core-wallet

Very important info for you to know:
If you use the BiblePay upgradesanc tool, BiblePay will automatically create a file called deterministic.conf in your Data directory (this is where your masternode.conf file is).  We will automatically add a new row to this file every time you upgrade a sanctuary to deterministic.  This file will contain your sanctuary name, ip, port, collateral txid, pro-tx txid, blsprivkey, blspubkey, and all other pertinent tx info on one row.

Note that you should back up this file occasionally, in case you destroy your cold sanctuary (VMSs).  This will allow you to retrieve the masternodeblsprivkey, which is required to recreate a deterministic sanctuary!  So remember, back up your deterministic.conf along with backing up your wallet.dat.  If you create sancs using the Dash method above you will need to manually copy your masternodeblsprivkey over to notepad and create a backup system to back up your notes.

Summarizing the process:

1.  We assume you have a sanctuary named 'biblical1'.    This sanctuary exists in your masternode.conf file.
2.  Type 'exec upgradesanc biblical1 0' into the RPC.  If an error is thrown, post here and we will help.  Otherwise continue to step 3.
3.  Type 'exec upgradesanc biblical1 1' into the RPC.  This results in many lines of output with all the keys etc.
4.  Edit your remote hosted sanctuary biblepay.conf file (your cold sanc VMS's biblepay.conf file).
5.  Add an entry:  masternodeblsprivkey=nnnnnn  (replace the n's with the blsprivkey which is found in the output of the command.  Alternatively you can also get this value from viewing the deterministic.conf file we created in your datadir).
    **** VERY IMPORTANT:  You must ensure your masternodeblsprivkey is correct on the sanctuary itself, otherwise your sanctuary will get POSE banned in the future, and will utterly fail in the next mandatory version (our future branch of biblepay requires the masternodeblsprivkey to allow the sanc to participate in LLMQ quorums.) ****

6.  Reboot the remote sanctuary.  
7.  Verify the sanctuaries masternode status is ENABLED from the controller wallet sanctuary list.
8.  From the sanctuary, type 'masternode status' and verify the status is "Masternode successfully started".

How do I upgrade many sanctuaries at once:

If you own a massive number of sanctuaries, you can run the upgradesanc command on all of them first, then write a program to loop through your deterministic.conf file on the controller wallet, and for each entry, connect to the remote host (by IP found in the data row), edit the remote cold sanc masternode.conf file, adding the masternodeblsprivkey=nnnn entry in the file.  Then rebooting the remote sanc via script.

** Recommendation **

It is recommended that each of us upgrade one today and take a look at the network and verify everything looks fine, then continue with more.

** Step 1 **

I just upgraded my first sanc to deterministic successfully using the upgradesanc method.  

Let's test a few and please provide feedback here if anyone encounters a glitch.  

I see we had 90 sanctuaries successfully upgrade to Deterministic overnight, and they are all running and in the ENABLED state in the DIP3 tab, so it appears safe to upgrade all of the rest at this point.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
AramCoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 08:26:04 PM

Dear BBP community,

I would like some help to understand what happen.

When I register for my christian key, My coins disappeared from my wallet.
I used  pog_coinagepercentage=0.90...
And I was expected that they come back, but nothing yet.

Can someone explain?
Where are they? in a sanctuary?

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the community Aram!
So when you explained to me via email you were out of sync while mining I wanted to explain what 'mining on a fork' is.

If your machine is out of sync when mining, the difficulty drops to 0, and you are able to solve many blocks that generate BBP that is not really truly yours (as its not part of the main chain).
So after you resynced, you lost all your generated coins (IE, this really has nothing to do with GSC transmissions or POG).
Could you please confirm that when you resynced, all your credits from mining have been reversed?

So in a nutshell, you dont get to keep coins mined on a fork.

You will still have all your BBP you bought on the exchange though, or that you mined in prior legal versions of BBP.

My main issue is this, no coins where reversed and my wallet is showing only the latest coins mined, meaning only 300bbp...
and coins bought sent to my wallet also not here...

1.4.4.5 might have a glitch...

No problem, all transactions are traceable, and you will always be able to recover a tx sent on the main chain (unless it was sent to the wrong party, or burned).

So please paste the txid here and Ill trace it (of the one recently sent to you not there).

As far as 1.4.4.5, I don't think it can have a bug (causing something like this) - as we have no complaints in github and its working for the pool etc.

So find some different transaction ID of BBP reception.

80a5179f1df2f0cfc577a3a74848ba8d114277716a6567bc8bb9aff127d3cec2

b153ed131c131d0f79224ddfafcea95f25545668c84125aedd4d65bc07fc30d4

aad1819dbdfdbc40546872e5943eff996f8beda7d9ff1ac85021eb8dd68e462d

8074eb4a6675588b02dd37b9a7087473f29cd103d80cf1fd62abd70f9a1399d5

a7afaaf927f62f67aa0fd2cec5f01673676193914d98c7e958d21f1ed0cdf87b

Does coins mined on a fork get also confirmations?
I have mined since January 2018, went through the different changes, mined
under BOINC.
I agree that I was not sync since the new block chain introducing POG, but the old coins should be still on the wallet...

My main issue I think  is this transaction where my coins wallet went out: (due to this coin percentage setup to 0.9)
cb6969549f162ed86c445f6fe1cc0384b6cc53d49cbb2b915e19343227516688

Thanks for help and clarification....

Should I try a recover transaction in wallet repair? If yes which one?
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 09:11:19 PM

Hey AramCoin,

Sounds like you used to own coins, and then recently upgraded your wallet and the coins are missing?

As of v1.4.3.1 (Dash Evolution Upgrade), the data directory got moved
So you just need to copy your old "wallet.dat" file to the new directory

Code:
Windows: 
%appdata%\biblepaycore
%appdata%\biblepayevolution

Linux:
~/.biblepaycore
~/.biblepayevolution

macOS:
/Library/Application Support/biblepaycore
/Library/Application Support/biblepayevolution

Reference:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Evolution_Upgrade
"Moving Your Wallet" section

Due to the new support of compact blocks and HD wallets, BiblePay has moved the data directory location for BiblePay Evolution. This means that you must move your wallet.dat file (before or after) you upgrade to Evolution. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are erroring on the safe side.

Please copy your "wallet.dat" file from the old location to the new location and restart. Then confirm your balance exists. It is *highly* recommended that you keep a copy of your wallet.dat on a backup device and/or a flash drive and off-site for disaster recovery.

Note: The biblepay.conf file is still named biblepay.conf. It will be located in the new Evolution data directory above.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 09:52:38 PM

Dear BBP community,

Thank you for your help.

So when you explained to me via email you were out of sync while mining I wanted to explain what 'mining on a fork' is.

If your machine is out of sync when mining, the difficulty drops to 0, and you are able to solve many blocks that generate BBP that is not really truly yours (as its not part of the main chain).
So after you resynced, you lost all your generated coins (IE, this really has nothing to do with GSC transmissions or POG).
Could you please confirm that when you resynced, all your credits from mining have been reversed?

You will still have all your BBP you bought on the exchange though, or that you mined in prior legal versions of BBP.

My main issue is this, no coins where reversed and my wallet is showing only the latest coins mined, meaning only 300bbp...

No problem, all transactions are traceable, and you will always be able to recover a tx sent on the main chain (unless it was sent to the wrong party, or burned).

So please paste the txid here and Ill trace it (of the one recently sent to you not there).

As far as 1.4.4.5, I don't think it can have a bug (causing something like this) - as we have no complaints in github and its working for the pool etc.

under BOINC.
I agree that I was not sync since the new block chain introducing POG, but the old coins should be still on the wallet...

My main issue I think  is this transaction where my coins wallet went out: (due to this coin percentage setup to 0.9)

There has got to be a simple explanation for this.  First like Togo said, let's see if you migrated your wallet.dat from biblepay-classic (1.2.0.1) to Biblepay-Evolution?
Did you move it a couple months ago, and ensure your old balance was intact in the new version of Evo?

So checking these tx's, first the last one cb6969549f162ed86c445f6fe1cc0384b6cc53d49cbb2b915e19343227516688:
This GSC transmission is on the main chain for 102195bbp, but in these, you get the money back - so there would be a debit for 102195 and a credit for 102195. In the wallet all you see is a miniscule transaction fee.

On the 80a5179f1df2f0cfc577a3a74848ba8d114277716a6567bc8bb9aff127d3cec2, this was sent to 38 people.  So I see you as a recipient of one of those.  Thats on the main chain.

I think it would be most productive to know if the highest % of your coins was transferred from your old wallet.dat from biblepaycore first.  What % of your balance comes from pre evolution?

What amount do you think is missing as of the start of mining on Evo, and do you think that amount was mined while out of sync?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 02:40:52 AM

Code:
exec upgradesanc MN1 0
collateralIndex must be a 32bit integer (not '1') (code -8)

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 04:55:25 PM

Code:
exec upgradesanc MN1 0

Most likely the "MN1" sanc row data in masternode.conf is malformed.  You could recreate it, or feel free to paste it here and Ill compare it to mine.

PS:  I never got the diff between the two ANN sites.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
AramCoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 05:09:03 PM

Thanks a Lot guys.

So I had migrated[/color] my wallet.dat as per the instruction when we moved from BBP to BBP Evo. ( And Lucky me I took a backup then)
Which was 1.4.4.1 version if I remember correctly.
Then I follow the process for Christian key and POG.

When I upgraded to 1.4.4.5, I lost sync with the Chain and I think that my wallet.dat got corrupted or recreated as new.
That is why only the new Coins ( after re sync via ./biblepay-qt –erasechai) were displayed.

I put back my wallet.dat ( from backup) and now I see correctly the amount.

I think everyone can understand me if 130k mined coin is no more displayed on your software lol.

So Solution was only to put pack the old wallet.dat file instead of the new one.
( but honestly I dont know how it got replaced by itself during the upgrade to 1.4.4.5)

All good now guys. Thanks again for your help.

Dear BBP community,

Thank you for your help.

under BOINC.

There has got to be a simple explanation for this.  First like Togo said, let's see if you migrated your wallet.dat from biblepay-classic (1.2.0.1) to Biblepay-Evolution?
Did you move it a couple months ago, and ensure your old balance was intact in the new version of Evo?

So checking these tx's, first the last one cb6969549f162ed86c445f6fe1cc0384b6cc53d49cbb2b915e19343227516688:
This GSC transmission is on the main chain for 102195bbp, but in these, you get the money back - so there would be a debit for 102195 and a credit for 102195. In the wallet all you see is a miniscule transaction fee.

On the 80a5179f1df2f0cfc577a3a74848ba8d114277716a6567bc8bb9aff127d3cec2, this was sent to 38 people.  So I see you as a recipient of one of those.  Thats on the main chain.

I think it would be most productive to know if the highest % of your coins was transferred from your old wallet.dat from biblepaycore first.  What % of your balance comes from pre evolution?

What amount do you think is missing as of the start of mining on Evo, and do you think that amount was mined while out of sync?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 06:06:52 PM

Thanks a Lot guys.

So I had migrated[/color] my wallet.dat as per the instruction when we moved from BBP to BBP Evo. ( And Lucky me I took a backup then)
Which was 1.4.4.1 version if I remember correctly.
Then I follow the process for Christian key and POG.

When I upgraded to 1.4.4.5, I lost sync with the Chain and I think that my wallet.dat got corrupted or recreated as new.
That is why only the new Coins ( after re sync via ./biblepay-qt –erasechai) were displayed.

I put back my wallet.dat ( from backup) and now I see correctly the amount.

I think everyone can understand me if 130k mined coin is no more displayed on your software lol.

So Solution was only to put pack the old wallet.dat file instead of the new one.
( but honestly I dont know how it got replaced by itself during the upgrade to 1.4.4.5)

All good now guys. Thanks again for your help.

Dear BBP community,

Thank you for your help.

under BOINC.

Awesome buddy!

Im glad you are back.

So, the reason the coins dissapeared is when you resynced from zero, the wallet automatically purges any transactions that are not on the main chain from the transaction list, so they appear missing (but really they are off on side chains).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
coinsinspect

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 08:49:02 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2019, 09:02:53 PM by coinsinspect

Hi Rob,
Biblepay windows wallet, tray bar icon, is not transparent.
If you need help , I can make it transparent for you, you can PM me.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2019, 09:43:33 PM

Hi Rob,
Biblepay windows wallet, tray bar icon, is not transparent.
If you need help , I can make it transparent for you, you can PM me.

It looks like we have one that is transparent of that size and one thats not.

I just updated them in our next version.

Please check our testnet thread in a few days and lets see if the next testnet build has a transparent icon then we will know for sure that it worked.

Thanks!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 02:33:23 AM

Code:
exec upgradesanc MN1 0

Most likely the "MN1" sanc row data in masternode.conf is malformed.  You could recreate it, or feel free to paste it here and Ill compare it to mine.

Reporting back, got it to work!, had to add a space at the end of the line in masternode.conf file

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2019, 03:04:28 PM

Code:
exec upgradesanc MN1 0

Reporting back, got it to work!, had to add a space at the end of the line in masternode.conf file
Ok great.

Everything is working now in BiblePay Smiley.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 [738] 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: