Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:53:57 AM

People can donate to compassion.com on behalf of bbp.

Taking credit card for bbp (or any crypto) will generate a lot of fraud and is sometimes against credit card terms of service. Worse case bbp foundation gets massive charge back, loses all Fiat, and all bbp sold. Coin base and bittrex can do it because of kyc verification.

I know another foundation that did this and got a lot of fraud and their merchant account cancelled.

You'd be better trying to get Robinhood, square cash, circle investor listing bbp .... That in itself is hard to impossible right now. I believe eubit does bank to crypto if you are in Europe so that's an option. Euro -> btc -> bbp. I don't believe they accept bbp right now though...

OTher fund raising options:

I could do a BiblePay t-shirt sale across USA and donate all profit to compassion.com and put on accountability BiblePay org .

We could also do a match. People that buy bbp for masternode can have match every month. Interest that goes toward compassion.com from benefactors donating to match pool

I was going to say the same thing:  Its illegal for an entity to help trade crypto for dollars especially since our foundation is based in the US.  
We are regulated by FINRA and Anti-money-laundering-laws, and the KYC law is in effect, and exchanges must determine if a coin passes the Howey test when it is listed.
Exchanges have a lot of responsibility to meet regulatory compliance or they can be shut down.

However, I do like the idea about being able to donate directly to the compassion account.
I think we could make a deal, where if an investor were to donate fiat to the BiblePay Foundation Compassion Account #, we could reimburse you at the coinmarketcap rate with BiblePay coins, when the superblock emits the Compassion coins, if I am given a receipt and then I can double check in the account before sending the coins, and log that as part of our monthly liquidation paperwork.  I could see that as a nice way to get more BiblePay and help us at the same time.

The other way to donate to compassion is to send BiblePay from your wallet to the foundation by clicking "Donate to Foundation" checkbox.  This always gets liquidated as part of the monthly compassion liquidation.  However in this case you are Giving a gift to the foundation.

1 investor wanted from you BBP from superblock like sponsoring and you never listened about it,and woalla, this way is here  Angry .... you still turning around with few ideas .... you still changing things .... very weird ....

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:28:06 AM

Ubuntu 18.04 users: This version should finally compile as it is compatible with both libssl 1.0. and 1.1.

Sounds good. At least lauchpad had compiled the package for bionic/18.04 Smiley
Can somebody test them? (https://launchpad.net/~biblepay/+archive/ubuntu/stable)

Cannot say anything about Ubuntu 18 (yet), but on my ARMs this version doesn't run stable. After a standard update I randomly got this strange error:
Code:
sh: 1: ./biblepayd: not found
After complete cleanup and reinstalling this didn't occur, but another (familiar) error keeps popping up:
Code:
*** Error in `biblepayd': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0000007f500018b0 ***

I'll try and upgrade on of my Pi3s to Ubuntu 18 and see how it goes. Wink
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 01:33:36 PM

People can donate to compassion.com on behalf of bbp.

Taking credit card for bbp (or any crypto) will generate a lot of fraud and is sometimes against credit card terms of service. Worse case bbp foundation gets massive charge back, loses all Fiat, and all bbp sold. Coin base and bittrex can do it because of kyc verification.

I know another foundation that did this and got a lot of fraud and their merchant account cancelled.

You'd be better trying to get Robinhood, square cash, circle investor listing bbp .... That in itself is hard to impossible right now. I believe eubit does bank to crypto if you are in Europe so that's an option. Euro -> btc -> bbp. I don't believe they accept bbp right now though...

OTher fund raising options:

I could do a BiblePay t-shirt sale across USA and donate all profit to compassion.com and put on accountability BiblePay org .

We could also do a match. People that buy bbp for masternode can have match every month. Interest that goes toward compassion.com from benefactors donating to match pool

I was going to say the same thing:  Its illegal for an entity to help trade crypto for dollars especially since our foundation is based in the US.  
We are regulated by FINRA and Anti-money-laundering-laws, and the KYC law is in effect, and exchanges must determine if a coin passes the Howey test when it is listed.
Exchanges have a lot of responsibility to meet regulatory compliance or they can be shut down.

However, I do like the idea about being able to donate directly to the compassion account.
I think we could make a deal, where if an investor were to donate fiat to the BiblePay Foundation Compassion Account #, we could reimburse you at the coinmarketcap rate with BiblePay coins, when the superblock emits the Compassion coins, if I am given a receipt and then I can double check in the account before sending the coins, and log that as part of our monthly liquidation paperwork.  I could see that as a nice way to get more BiblePay and help us at the same time.

The other way to donate to compassion is to send BiblePay from your wallet to the foundation by clicking "Donate to Foundation" checkbox.  This always gets liquidated as part of the monthly compassion liquidation.  However in this case you are Giving a gift to the foundation.

1 investor wanted from you BBP from superblock like sponsoring and you never listened about it,and woalla, this way is here  Angry .... you still turning around with few ideas .... you still changing things .... very weird ....

Not correct - someone asked where the info was for Revenue because they only saw the expense; You have to have common sense to understand the records since two menus exist - revenue and expense.  Everything has been and is transparent, there is nothing you cant figure out here.  It always has been the case that your mind is clouded.

We are offering to add an enhancement to allow a user to donate to Compassion on behalf of biblepay, I wouldnt call it a 'change in business practices'.  Its an additional way to donate to our orphans.  Someone should call them at compassion and ask them if its OK first.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 01:37:26 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 01:58:05 PM by bible_pay

Ubuntu 18.04 users: This version should finally compile as it is compatible with both libssl 1.0. and 1.1.

Sounds good. At least lauchpad had compiled the package for bionic/18.04 Smiley
Can somebody test them? (https://launchpad.net/~biblepay/+archive/ubuntu/stable)

Cannot say anything about Ubuntu 18 (yet), but on my ARMs this version doesn't run stable. After a standard update I randomly got this strange error:
Code:
sh: 1: ./biblepayd: not found
After complete cleanup and reinstalling this didn't occur, but another (familiar) error keeps popping up:
Code:
*** Error in `biblepayd': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0000007f500018b0 ***

I'll try and upgrade on of my Pi3s to Ubuntu 18 and see how it goes. Wink

Hmm, I think your OK on the first error, that means it tried to clean the chain and couldn't so it tried to reboot (and couldnt because it was launched from an absolute path).
On the 2nd error however, someone will need to run that version in valgrind and give me the line # of the 'double free or corruption'.

EDIT: On #2: I believe I just reproduced the error.  Please upgrade to 1146h.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:58:12 PM

Hi guys

Is it clear from airdrop manual that wallet must be running 24hours per day to get a payment from superblock?

I guess its not. I see on airdrop telegram that this is the issue new users dont know about that.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 02:07:17 PM

Hi guys

Is it clear from airdrop manual that wallet must be running 24hours per day to get a payment from superblock?

I guess its not. I see on airdrop telegram that this is the issue new users dont know about that.

No you can run boinc 1 hour a day and get payment, you just have to have an associated CPID, and the correct amount staked in the chain.

You can run it on a rented AWS and stop it and you will get some RAC until it diminishes again (not much as it takes time for RAC to build up) but on a supercomputer that RAC would hit pretty fast and stick around for 14 days on the CPID.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:12:34 PM

Hi guys

No you can run boinc 1 hour a day and get payment, you just have to have an associated CPID, and the correct amount staked in the chain.

You can run it on a rented AWS and stop it and you will get some RAC until it diminishes again (not much as it takes time for RAC to build up) but on a supercomputer that RAC would hit pretty fast and stick around for 14 days on the CPID.

Rob. I mean Wallet. Not boinc manager.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:55:22 PM

Hi guys

Rob. I mean Wallet. Not boinc manager.

Well, it says so right in the first link airdroppers see: https://www.biblepay.org/mining/

You need a BiblePay wallet that is online 24/7 in order to be able to receive mining-rewards.

But I've now also adjusted the biblepay-central guide to reflect this fact more clearly.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 03:51:23 PM

I was working on one of the features in the DAHF, and while writing the block syncer, I came to the conclusion that we need to tackle the distributed file system problem first before going further in testnet with the analyzer (in order to sync financial blocks).

In light of this I am looking at possibly integrating IPFS (IP File System) into BiblePay (Testnet) - for Sanctuaries:
https://blockonomi.com/interplanetary-file-system/

From a very high level, let me explain what the initial goal would be and where BiblePay would receive a value-add:
To give the end-user the ability to upload a file via the wallet to be hosted on the BiblePay IPFS (right before sending a transaction).  This is basically the ability to attach a file to a transaction being sent.
BiblePay can charge a Fee for this, to lease the storage space on our Sanctuary network for a given lease time (Most likely this will be 6 months with an expiration date on the txid- explained later what the reasoning for this is).
The file would be uploaded into IPFS and hashed.  The hash would be stored on the txid.
The Sanctuaries would swarm around the file and each would host a copy of the file on their own local repository (IE the SAN directory) of each sanc, for durability.  The Sanc would honor the Expiration Date and store the file until the expiration date passes.
The Sancs who store the file will split the reward that the lessor paid during the send of the txid.
Another user, who double clicks on the TXID in the QT txlist will have the ability to download the file from IPFS, and, if the file is not encrypted view it.  Optionally it may be encrypted with the senders biblepay keypair, and only the recipient or sender can view it.
In DAHF, a file can be retrieved by its hash.
One huge side benefit of this, is this IPFS protocol allows the build-out of the new decentralized web.  IE you can click browser links in the future based on files stored in BiblePay.  (That feature might add large value to BBP in the future).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bbptoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

I've noticed that in cases when my RAC staking wallet was offline, it created a PODC Update staking only 10 BBP, causing me to miss a reward, if I didn't follow up with another PODC Update.  Is there any way it could stake for instance the entire balance in this scenario as a precaution?  This could help those in places without reliable internet (already accommodated by PODC, as the work units don't require a constant internet connection).
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:10:11 PM

One huge side benefit of this, is this IPFS protocol allows the build-out of the new decentralized web.  IE you can click browser links in the future based on files stored in BiblePay.  (That feature might add large value to BBP in the future).

In fact some other masternode coins are planning to offer IPFS as a core incentive for the coin, and many of them will probably take months to deliver.

Having this implemented in Biblepay would be a mind-blower feature indeed.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 08:19:25 PM

What about accountability PDFs on ipfs?  Maybe an option to make it public (accessible by everyone and perhaps renew every six months).

I wonder if static parts of pool.biblepay.org and/or more parts of accountability site could be hosted by ipfs.

Proposal text on ipfs too. Maybe tinymce advanced editor like WordPress inside qt wallet to format html and put online.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:56:50 PM

What about accountability PDFs on ipfs?  Maybe an option to make it public (accessible by everyone and perhaps renew every six months).

I wonder if static parts of pool.biblepay.org and/or more parts of accountability site could be hosted by ipfs.

Proposal text on ipfs too. Maybe tinymce advanced editor like WordPress inside qt wallet to format html and put online.

Thats a great idea!  A perfect use case for our own file system would be orphan receipt records/PDFs, accountability stuff.  Then we dont have to worry about bloating the chain with it!

I was thinking of a similar thing at church but more for tax purposes.  I was thinking once the foundation gets started when it starts storing tax records, if we lose the pool, we lose the entire SQL server (which has one record for each expense and one for each receivable), in this case we can also use it for DR to store a backup of the tax records, etc. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:59:38 PM

In fact some other masternode coins are planning to offer IPFS as a core incentive for the coin, and many of them will probably take months to deliver.

Thanks!  Yeah, I did notice that filecoin was not live yet, and 250 million $ has been invested into the ideas ICO.  So this is definitely something we should have for our users so we can provide real value from our chain (to store some data in exchange for BBP).  And also for the novelty factor of clicking on decentralized web links.  We should make a version of our web site hosted on decentralized links when we're done also.

It also opens up the possibility for an alternative to heat mining in the future:  removing POW and using proof-of-document-storage etc. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:14:14 PM

One huge side benefit of this, is this IPFS protocol allows the build-out of the new decentralized web.  IE you can click browser links in the future based on files stored in BiblePay.  (That feature might add large value to BBP in the future).

Thanks!  Yeah, I did notice that filecoin was not live yet, and 250 million $ has been invested into the ideas ICO.  So this is definitely something we should have for our users so we can provide real value from our chain (to store some data in exchange for BBP).  And also for the novelty factor of clicking on decentralized web links.  We should make a version of our web site hosted on decentralized links when we're done also.

It also opens up the possibility for an alternative to heat mining in the future:  removing POW and using proof-of-document-storage etc.  
im mining BURSTCOIN....you can check it.It is POC coin = proof of capacity....perfect coin....its real to change pow for poc?  Shocked if yes, it will be amazing,holy heaven

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:46:32 PM

Here is an example of sort of what a decentralized web link would look like when clicked inside the wallet:

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPQsL9CCgACauTJW9mgWcLdm5L8Mn7rF1thWV7BfB8Fii

IPFS also has ways of decentralizing DNS, but I think we need to go in baby steps first and prove the decentralized web site works.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 11:08:06 PM

One huge side benefit of this, is this IPFS protocol allows the build-out of the new decentralized web.  IE you can click browser links in the future based on files stored in BiblePay.  (That feature might add large value to BBP in the future).

Thanks!  Yeah, I did notice that filecoin was not live yet, and 250 million $ has been invested into the ideas ICO.  So this is definitely something we should have for our users so we can provide real value from our chain (to store some data in exchange for BBP).  And also for the novelty factor of clicking on decentralized web links.  We should make a version of our web site hosted on decentralized links when we're done also.

It also opens up the possibility for an alternative to heat mining in the future:  removing POW and using proof-of-document-storage etc.  
im mining BURSTCOIN....you can check it.It is POC coin = proof of capacity....perfect coin....its real to change pow for poc?  Shocked if yes, it will be amazing,holy heaven

This is just an idea, depending on how well IPFS works.  I see burst coin uses proof of capacity, but they currently store empty data on the hard drives, correct?  No real docs yet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 01:27:48 AM

This is just an idea, depending on how well IPFS works.  I see burst coin uses proof of capacity, but they currently store empty data on the hard drives, correct?  No real docs yet.

You are correct,  Burst has it's own POW, the calculation is done up-front and the rest is just reading files for mining solutions.

STORJ is actually a decenteralized file store (loosely, the payments/services are still through a centralized entity.)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 10:30:40 AM

When is C-CEX coming back from vacation?   
I'm curious if that will help the price any..
slovakia

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:32:51 PM

Rob pls update first page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0  more infos is new thx

Pages: « 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 [470] 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: