Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 03:22:35 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 03:45:45 AM by bible_pay

Hello BiblepayTeam!
Am I missing something?

Try again in 24-48 hours. the RAC reported in your BOINC manager will lag behind what pool.biblepay.org will records. Usually 24-48 hours. The faucet should work in 24 hours.

I thought this was just a concept, not something with time already invested..  

If it is a spork, I thought you can manage the setting as a parameter. Code can exist without it being activated. That's my understanding anyway...

Yeah, but if the proposal has a chance to not pass...

The dev time for this "feature" shouldn't be mixed in with any other dev pay.

Now you're being facetious.  Grin Grin Grin  Replace Lola with Rob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcaSBN82ns

Rob has graciously given free time to the project, so I think whatever side-chain or off roadmap features he builds, it can be easily justified. I have my disagreements w/ Rob, but his billing practice isn't one of them.

My billing has been set up to be a few months behind for that very reason.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 02:43:10 PM

! Important !

We have a sanctuary poll in for this new potential feature:  Quantitative Tightening for Biblepay:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=264.new#new

Please vote if you are sanctuary.

Edit:  I'm not trying to speedily push through or turn on this feature without a discussion.  The reason we are speedily testing the feature in testnet and creating a vote now is to find the sanctuary support level before our next mandatory goes live - which comes in only 14 days.  If we see a lot of support for this, we might have it as a disabled spork in the next mandatory version, and if testing passes and the vote passes, we can potentially turn it on at a later date without a mandatory upgrade.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 02:44:14 PM

Cloudflare is jumping on the IPFS bandwagon

https://blog.cloudflare.com/distributed-web-gateway/
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:35:27 PM

Let us pray that those who display a toxic attitude turn to love, and find Jesus.

You would think from the appearance of this community that we were not of Jesus. 

I'm receiving so many Toxic e-mails and posts that I need to tell all of you who are negative, you really need to listen to the Gospel and find Jesus to continue in our project.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:42:54 PM

Let us pray that those who display a toxic attitude turn to love, and find Jesus.

You would think from the appearance of this community that we were not of Jesus.  

I'm receiving so many Toxic e-mails and posts that I need to tell all of you who are negative, you really need to listen to the Gospel and find Jesus to continue in our project.

As a community we have been praying for you as well,  I believe you don't really see what you are doing to the community.   Please stop attacking those who don't agree with you.

Take a chance that most of us are looking to better the project.  

Come join the discussion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030298.new#new
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:07:04 PM

As a community we have been praying for you as well,  I believe you don't really see what you are doing to the community.   Please stop attacking those who don't agree with you.

Take a chance that most of us are looking to better the project.  

Come join the discussion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030298.new#new

I was not aware of the thread.

Alright, I don't have time to go in there and reply today, since I am extremely busy, since our house burned down recently and the fire investigators need a lot right now (they have a tractor trailer picking up evidence).

But I will say this:

I apologize from the bottom of my heart for anything that has upset any of you.  Please accept my apology.

I can't agree on shutting down sanctuaries as that was my hobby (to set them up).  You will all just have to trust that I won't vote inappropriately with my sanc weight.

I will close the QT thread and cancel QT.

Let's start over in a non-toxic environment going forward.

One thing from my perspective that I want to mention:  A lot of times when someone approaches us with a problem, the improper (non loving) reply stems from the way they describe the problem on the forum - they post as either with a mean-spirited attack, or post with swear words, or post with an attitude that it could be better.  We need to construct a true case for an improvement and discuss it for a while amongst each other - and then give it to a director that represents biblepay in a full coherent way and then
 forward to me.  Let's try to stop doing things in a mean spirited way.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

But I will say this:

I apologize from the bottom of my heart for anything that has upset any of you.  Please accept my apology.

I can't agree on shutting down sanctuaries as that was my hobby (to set them up).  You will all just have to trust that I won't vote inappropriately with my sanc weight.

Amen, apology accepted, and I have been praying for your housing situation to be resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

One thing from my perspective that I want to mention:  A lot of times when someone approaches us with a problem, the improper (non loving) reply stems from the way they describe the problem on the forum - they post as either with a mean-spirited attack, or post with swear words, or post with an attitude that it could be better.  We need to construct a true case for an improvement and discuss it for a while amongst each other - and then give it to a director that represents biblepay in a full coherent way and then

1. Please let us know who the Directors are..  We cannot communicate with them if we don't know.
2. We cannot control how others talk,  I think this is part of the problem.  The answer to this is two-fold.
  • We ALL work on speaking as if the orphans were in front of us.(Yes me too)
  • We start with Grace... as was given to us.   Nobody will be perfect, and if there is an expectation on how/when/where/what people should present themselves (aside from the previous starting point) then WE(the reader) should look for the meaning, and not judge the intent.

NOBODY is ever perfect.  We can only work on ourselves.

Matthew 7:1-3
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

We cannot allow ourselves to justify our negative actions.   It doesn't matter what "They" do only what "I" do.   

With that said,  I am sorry I have offended you, and I know I have lashed back at times.  (It becomes increasingly more difficult to respond kindly to someone that is attacking, but this is something we all must learn to do.)

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:24:38 PM

All,

I just notified Compassion of the cancellation of 206 of our monthly sponsorships.  I asked them to transfer the credit balance remaining on these 206 children over to our remaining 100 children. 

I will update the pool ASAP reflecting the Compassion changes.  You should see 100 children for compassion and 32 from non-compassion later this evening.  Bringing our total sponsored children to 132.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:50:59 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 08:32:56 PM by zthomasz

But I will say this:

Amen, apology accepted, and I have been praying for your housing situation to be resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

1. Please let us know who the Directors are..  We cannot communicate with them if we don't know.
2. We cannot control how others talk,  I think this is part of the problem.  The answer to this is two-fold.
  • We ALL work on speaking as if the orphans were in front of us.(Yes me too)
  • We start with Grace... as was given to us.   Nobody will be perfect, and if there is an expectation on how/when/where/what people should present themselves (aside from the previous starting point) then WE(the reader) should look for the meaning, and not judge the intent.

NOBODY is ever perfect.  We can only work on ourselves.

Matthew 7:1-3
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

We cannot allow ourselves to justify our negative actions.   It doesn't matter what "They" do only what "I" do.  

With that said,  I am sorry I have offended you, and I know I have lashed back at times.  (It becomes increasingly more difficult to respond kindly to someone that is attacking, but this is something we all must learn to do.)

My heart is glad to read what you've written.

I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say we're very sorry about your (Rob's) house. We're thankful that you appear not to have been harmed, and I pray that no one was injured. God is merciful, and he rewards us for seeking him.
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:59:49 PM

All,

I just notified Compassion of the cancellation of 206 of our monthly sponsorships.  I asked them to transfer the credit balance remaining on these 206 children over to our remaining 100 children. 

I will update the pool ASAP reflecting the Compassion changes.  You should see 100 children for compassion and 32 from non-compassion later this evening.  Bringing our total sponsored children to 132.

Sad this had to happen...  With God's grace we will recover them.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:38:57 PM

We ALL work on speaking as if the orphans were in front of us.(Yes me too)

I still love this way of thinking. I hope that we can remain calm and civil, even though we might sometimes read things that make us emotional.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to Thomas for saying that I was going to ignore him. My emotions took the best of me and I'm sorry for that.

And I'm really sad that we couldn't keep on sponsoring those children, but things are the way they are. We need to rethink our approach and make our sponsorships more resilient to changing market conditions.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:00:31 PM

We ALL work on speaking as if the orphans were in front of us.(Yes me too)

I still love this way of thinking. I hope that we can remain calm and civil, even though we might sometimes read things that make us emotional.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologize to Thomas for saying that I was going to ignore him. My emotions took the best of me and I'm sorry for that.

And I'm really sad that we couldn't keep on sponsoring those children, but things are the way they are. We need to rethink our approach and make our sponsorships more resilient to changing market conditions.

Thanks for the apology Jaap, I certainly should have been sensitive to your feelings and chosen my words more carefully. You're very talented, and I admire your enthusiasm for this project. You and I have worked together successfully before, and I look forward to much more success as we all continue to put the interests of the children above our own.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:17:59 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 02:40:24 AM by togoshigekata

Bitcoin Core v0.16.3 released
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.16.3.md
"A denial-of-service vulnerability (CVE-2018-17144) exploitable by miners has been discovered in Bitcoin Core versions 0.14.0 up to 0.16.2. It is recommended to upgrade any of the vulnerable versions to 0.16.3 as soon as possible."

How to run a Bitcoin Full Node:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/8pabw9/support_bitcoin_run_a_full_node/

noxpost

Activity: 235
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:46:46 AM

All,

I just notified Compassion of the cancellation of 206 of our monthly sponsorships.  I asked them to transfer the credit balance remaining on these 206 children over to our remaining 100 children.  

I will update the pool ASAP reflecting the Compassion changes.  You should see 100 children for compassion and 32 from non-compassion later this evening.  Bringing our total sponsored children to 132.

Sad this had to happen...  With God's grace we will recover them.

Agreed - this breaks my heart.  It isn't that I think it was the wrong thing to do.... but trials and tribulations are just that.  They stink. If anything, this lights a fire under me to set a goal of getting those kids back asap! After all, that's the real mission here.  To take care of "the least of these" in His name, not to enrich ourselves or score intellectual points. I promise I'm not speaking of anyone specifically, but I look back at the last 30 or 40 pages and think that maybe if our passion had been focused solely on the children,  maybe this might have been avoided. Then again, maybe not. All we can do is our best, and hope and pray for God's direction in His time.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:09:26 AM

hi all
i joined biblepay team in WCG but don't have rewards since 15 sept
and i don't see WCG project in wallet in Distributed Computing
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 04:06:26 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 04:27:02 AM by sunk818

hi all

Hi casper77 - is this you? https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/1014607/

Make sure in WCG, My Profile, you have "Display my data". If you hide, your RAC is hidden to BiblePay.

From what I can tell, you need 20 BBP for 1 RAC. The lowest a little less than 2 BBP for 1 RAC. You will need to stake 40k BBP if you want 100% reward for your distributed computing. Right now, you're hovering between 0% (no payout) and 10% (10% of full reward). A few options:

1) buy BBP from an exchange or private trade
2) join bbppool (35% pool fee)
3) crunch fewer less tasks and do PoBH (heat mining) on purepool or pool.biblepay.org

Smiley Smiley

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:47:35 AM

hi all

Hi casper77 - is this you? https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/1014607/

Make sure in WCG, My Profile, you have "Display my data". If you hide, your RAC is hidden to BiblePay.

From what I can tell, you need 20 BBP for 1 RAC. The lowest a little less than 2 BBP for 1 RAC. You will need to stake 40k BBP if you want 100% reward for your distributed computing. Right now, you're hovering between 0% (no payout) and 10% (10% of full reward). A few options:

3) crunch fewer less tasks and do PoBH (heat mining) on purepool or pool.biblepay.org

Smiley Smiley

yes, i am
"Display my data" is enabled
i have 4K BBP at now
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:30:50 AM

hi all

Smiley Smiley

yes, i am
"Display my data" is enabled
i have 4K BBP at now

Could you please paste the result of :
exec totalrac

and

exec utxoreport?

EDIT:  It appears you have 2 days of missing UTXOs.  You have to keep the controller wallet running.  If you type 'exec podcupdate true', it should force a utxo out.

If your controller was running before, you can look in the log for 'podcupdate' to see if there was a failure (like a locked wallet, etc).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:51:08 AM

Bitcoin Core v0.16.3 released
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/release-notes/release-notes-0.16.3.md
"A denial-of-service vulnerability (CVE-2018-17144) exploitable by miners has been discovered in Bitcoin Core versions 0.14.0 up to 0.16.2. It is recommended to upgrade any of the vulnerable versions to 0.16.3 as soon as possible."

How to run a Bitcoin Full Node:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/8pabw9/support_bitcoin_run_a_full_node/

Thanks for the heads up.

I assessed the problem and we are not vulnerable.  (Main.ccp L1263): We always check for duplicate inputs which is slower.  The newer version of bitcoin runs faster, but duplicate inputs are checked in various places (by passing a flag). 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:53:27 AM

We will be selling 2-3 million bbp on SX today for compassion.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: