Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:53:04 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm don't have time to go into the current discussion. I just want to say that we really need more 'external exposure' (such as bloggers and journalists writing about us). That would give us more legitimacy. So I'd like to invite anyone who has some PR-experience to contact me (and/or April).

With some help I've gathered information on creating pitches, and I've collected a list of contact information of journalists. Unfortunately I'm really burnt out at the moment, so I'm looking for someone (or a little group) to prepare and send pitches and provide journalists with more information if needed.

This is just a small part of PR of course, but I think it can prove an important one.

I'll be abroad for the next two weeks, and I'll have (and also want) very little internet.

Thanks!

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:44:43 AM

Ok new concept, brainstorming here.
Please don't take this as an attack on cancer mining or boinc.  I do love what we have achieved in BOINC, and in our stats, and I think we are doing a great thing.
This is just a potential concept.

Just to separate different ideas included in your post:

- IPFS mining looks perfectly feasible and I think it's an incredible idea. However I don't still have the capability to see how it can be included productively into BBP ecosystem, given that current PoDC+Staking schema has proved to work great, I would even say it exceeded everyone's expectatives.

- On proof-of-orphan-mining: another great idea, but again the caveat is quite limiting. This is common whenever you try to to re-engineer a centralized process into a full decentralized one: that you move almost everything to a perfect DAO structure and reduce the remaining centralized part to a singularity point. In this case the singularity is handling with the real physical "proof" of sponsorship. Of course an automated Charities-to-BBP Oracle-like process would be a nice way to solve the situation.

So in all, technically speaking I love both ideas, I will take some time in the following days-weeks to digest them better and study the Oracle problem for charities proof of sponsorship.

From an operating point of view, we still need to analyze how to embed all these wonderful concepts into BBP structure, if possible. I understand that users and investors are suffering because of the low prices. This brings discussions that would never appear should the price be 100 sats.

In the end what we all need is to work together to make all the stream of great ideas flow towards an increased value for the coin (thus bringing benefits to orphans, miners, investors...)

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 11:01:49 AM

Its funny to see when your proposals are agreed you are satisfied and the biggest christians in the world. When you have a trouble with your proposals your big christianity goes away and you are blaming each other :-)
Its very clear that all is about money and you can play on christians as much as you want. Wake up guys.

I disagree with Funny, but I think that was sarcasm anyway.

Not all who are here claim to be Christians (I know some who have said they are for profit only, others ambiguous)

With that said, I agree we all need to learn how to get along..
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:52:41 PM

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=9202
seems that many teams just not pushing results to server and sent it together when event started Smiley
but also it is clearly visible impact of not required bbp team....
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 01:06:38 PM

** Improving BiblePay's Image **

I think we have outgrown our original communication model in this forum.  When I come in and view the posts after a good night's sleep, I see a certain level of negativity that has crept in, and is persistent frankly, and its shameful for a Christian Community (or ones that represent Christ) to be so full of disagreements, arguments, spying, attempting to hurt others, etc.  I feel that these elements of attempting to prove one another wrong, discover secret information (IE voting, how many nodes ones owns), proving others are "right" about things - these are rooted in insecurity and also threaten the security of others.  I've come to the point where I disagree with a critical threshhold of information on this forum.  Some people don't have the morals standards and ethics to hold back negative feelings about others.

I'm not standing here as one who isn't willing to set an example.  I am willing to completely forgive and treat everyone here anew, and set a good precedent going forward.  So please don't reply and say, look at you, you are the one who started all this - wait - Let's not blame others - lets not judge - lets not hold grudges - lets start over.

This forum is sapping energy from our creative side and our productive side.  It's not a net positive anymore.  Things have to change.

Therefore I am going to take TheSnat's advice, and recruit a "Community Manager".  A liaison between developers and the forum.

The Community Manager will gather both compliments and complaints, gather IT requirements, and other items that are relevant and create a weekly report (and sometimes in an ad-hoc fashion more frequently for mission critical problems such as production support issues) and forward these to our developer address (which I will create).

The dev team or myself will create a regular weekly reply with answers to the issues, and optionally will answer some in an adhoc-fashion - especially where they are mission critical.

Please discuss who wants to represent the BiblePay community as Community Manager and if you need support from me, please send me a PM if you need a poll created on the forum with the shortlist of candidates.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

Biblepay MacOS wallet 1.1.5.9

available at https://www.biblepay.org/ wallet section

- NEW! Tested on new MacOS 10.14 Mojave
- Still compatible with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and 10.12 (Sierra).
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

I think we have outgrown our original communication model in this forum.  When I come in and view the posts after a good night's sleep, I see a certain level of negativity that has crept in, and is persistent frankly, and its shameful for a Christian Community (or ones that represent Christ) to be so full of disagreements, arguments, spying, attempting to hurt others, etc.  I feel that these elements of attempting to prove one another wrong, discover secret information (IE voting, how many nodes ones owns), proving others are "right" about things - these are rooted in insecurity and also threaten the security of others.  I've come to the point where I disagree with a critical threshhold of information on this forum.  Some people don't have the morals standards and ethics to hold back negative feelings about others.

I'm not standing here as one who isn't willing to set an example.  I am willing to completely forgive and treat everyone here anew, and set a good precedent going forward.  So please don't reply and say, look at you, you are the one who started all this - wait - Let's not blame others - lets not judge - lets not hold grudges - lets start over.

This forum is sapping energy from our creative side and our productive side.  It's not a net positive anymore.  Things have to change.

Therefore I am going to take TheSnat's advice, and recruit a "Community Manager".  A liaison between developers and the forum.

The Community Manager will gather both compliments and complaints, gather IT requirements, and other items that are relevant and create a weekly report (and sometimes in an ad-hoc fashion more frequently for mission critical problems such as production support issues) and forward these to our developer address (which I will create).

The dev team or myself will create a regular weekly reply with answers to the issues, and optionally will answer some in an adhoc-fashion - especially where they are mission critical.

Please discuss who wants to represent the BiblePay community as Community Manager and if you need support from me, please send me a PM if you need a poll created on the forum with the shortlist of candidates.

Looking forward to seeing this change,  lets all get behind this.  I understand there may be a learning curve as this process starts (For whoever takes this position) so we will all have to be gentle with them.

To clarify,  are you looking to let them moderate this thread, or is that something you will hold on to? 

Thanks MIP Keep up the good work
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:32:53 PM

Any volunteers? I also suggest maybe have 1 or 2 people instead of just one. Not sure if the person will be paid for this so splitting up the workload may be better. What I mean by being paid is we don't have that much resource right now.

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=9202
seems that many teams just not pushing results to server and sent it together when event started Smiley
yes......classic scam from their side...... im talked with BladeD and MUMAK= told me that somebody ran massive CLOUD against BIBLEPAY and took all tasks ...... everybody scream

1st question  who want to pay orphans buying cheap BBP? 
2nd why we havent profi PR/bloggers?
3rd investors need proofs from 3rd sides

support the orphans will always dump cost the price of BBP=

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 01:46:37 PM

Looking forward to seeing this change,  lets all get behind this.  I understand there may be a learning curve as this process starts (For whoever takes this position) so we will all have to be gentle with them.

To clarify,  are you looking to let them moderate this thread, or is that something you will hold on to? 

Thanks MIP Keep up the good work

Let's see how it works for a few months first - I'll just oversee the thread (the mods are still bitcointalk mods).  

If we grow larger, we can move the thread to another site where we have multiple admins, or cross-train when we are big enough.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 01:50:14 PM

Any volunteers? I also suggest maybe have 1 or 2 people instead of just one. Not sure if the person will be paid for this so splitting up the workload may be better. What I mean by being paid is we don't have that much resource right now.

Let's start it off as a volunteer position or positions.  If the volunteer wishes to keep track of time then they may enter a proposal.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 03:09:39 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 03:29:45 PM by sunk818

If the position is for two volunteers, one in USA and another in Europe/Asia (opposing time zones) offers better coverage.

This is good observation. The strategy is called "bunkering": https://hardforum.com/threads/bunkering-why-you-should-or-should-not-do-it.1829159/
SETI.USA and ByteBall obviously engaged in it. I guess it is time for me to fire up some extra servers I've been reserving for this occasion. AMD EPYC FTW

slovakia

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:14:54 PM

sunk818 its sad that exists this teams

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:22:54 AM

Im having some trouble with my PODC rewards, I haven't recieved any since superblock 75860 (October 9th), does anybody have a clue what may be going on? My PODC updates are going OK, at least 5 times a day and my RAC is over 1K.

Help List from Luke (znffal) from Discord:

1. What does the output of the following give you?
exec getboincinfo
exec stakebalance
exec podcupdate true

2. Have you solved any Rosetta/WCG tasks in the last 24 hours?
3. Are your computers on Rosetta/WCG hidden?
4. What is your name in the pool list?
5. Is your controller wallet connected to the internet 24/7?
6. What wallet version are you running?
7. Is your wallet encrypted? If so, are you entering the password when you start up the wallet?

Not to hijack but I haven't gotten a payment since the 20th.  I noticed my wallet was closed (I always keep it open).  Opened it back up, put in the pass, updates happening, but no daily payment.  Does any of this look wrong?

getboincinfo:
"Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482",
  "Address": "BK7aUxaRCSezJFFUcr8hom6XRPbjqP1Tfq",
  "CPIDS": "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482;",
  "CPID-Age (hours)": 427875,
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 78935,
  "NextSuperblockBudget": 1077065,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_ADDRESS": "BK7aUxaRCSezJFFUcr8hom6XRPbjqP1Tfq",
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_RAC": 447.14,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_TEAM": 15044,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_WCGRAC": 6548.25,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_TaskWeight": 100,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_UTXOWeight": 125242,
  "Total_RAC": 6995.39,
  "Total Payments (One Day)": 0,
  "Total Payments (One Week)": 2763,
  "Total Budget (One Day)": 1077065,
  "Total Budget (One Week)": 7539455,
  "Superblock Count (One Week)": 8,
  "Superblock Hit Count (One Week)": 8,
  "Superblock List": "78730,78525,78320,78115,77910,77705,77500,77295",
  "Last Superblock Height": 78730,
  "Last Superblock Budget": 1077065,
  "Last Superblock Payment": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Day)": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Week)": 0.3664721123741703

stakebalance:

"Command": "stakebalance",
  "StakeBalance": 125242

pdcupdate:

"Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Processed (3) over 1 CPID(s) successfully."

wallet version is 1.1.5.9.  I notice my magnitude has been dropping daily also
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:40:59 AM

Thanks for referencing my thread.  Wink

You're welcome. I didn't know about cc_config.xml and being able to change ncpus from -1 to 48. I don't have powerful computers, but I like the short Fight AIDS@Home. I put 48 ncpus and got a lot of FAH tasks. I usually only get like 4 at a time... so I can get my badge upgraded on that task. Smiley 

SETI.USA bunkered hard, but I wonder if BiblePay can win the race as the turtle (slow & steady). We lost some big time BOINCers so hard to say how we will do in this challenge.

SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:42:16 AM

Im having some trouble with my PODC rewards, I haven't recieved any since superblock 75860 (October 9th), does anybody have a clue what may be going on? My PODC updates are going OK, at least 5 times a day and my RAC is over 1K.

Help List from Luke (znffal) from Discord:

1. What does the output of the following give you?
exec getboincinfo
exec stakebalance
exec podcupdate true

2. Have you solved any Rosetta/WCG tasks in the last 24 hours?
3. Are your computers on Rosetta/WCG hidden?
4. What is your name in the pool list?
5. Is your controller wallet connected to the internet 24/7?
6. What wallet version are you running?
7. Is your wallet encrypted? If so, are you entering the password when you start up the wallet?

Not to hijack but I haven't gotten a payment since the 20th.  I noticed my wallet was closed (I always keep it open).  Opened it back up, put in the pass, updates happening, but no daily payment.  Does any of this look wrong?

getboincinfo:
"Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482",
  "Address": "BK7aUxaRCSezJFFUcr8hom6XRPbjqP1Tfq",
  "CPIDS": "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482;",
  "CPID-Age (hours)": 427875,
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 78935,
  "NextSuperblockBudget": 1077065,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_ADDRESS": "BK7aUxaRCSezJFFUcr8hom6XRPbjqP1Tfq",
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_RAC": 447.14,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_TEAM": 15044,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_WCGRAC": 6548.25,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_TaskWeight": 100,
  "62bc04999dfba69e6872abf5a903c482_UTXOWeight": 125242,
  "Total_RAC": 6995.39,
  "Total Payments (One Day)": 0,
  "Total Payments (One Week)": 2763,
  "Total Budget (One Day)": 1077065,
  "Total Budget (One Week)": 7539455,
  "Superblock Count (One Week)": 8,
  "Superblock Hit Count (One Week)": 8,
  "Superblock List": "78730,78525,78320,78115,77910,77705,77500,77295",
  "Last Superblock Height": 78730,
  "Last Superblock Budget": 1077065,
  "Last Superblock Payment": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Day)": 0,
  "Magnitude (One-Week)": 0.3664721123741703

stakebalance:

"Command": "stakebalance",
  "StakeBalance": 125242

pdcupdate:

"Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Processed (3) over 1 CPID(s) successfully."

wallet version is 1.1.5.9.  I notice my magnitude has been dropping daily also

Hi

From 18th Oct 2018 14:26:19 till 22nd Oct 2018 04:52:46 you didn't have any podcupdate. Your updates started again in 22nd Oct 2018 04:52:46. It was not enough (to late) to catch yesterday's superblock.

In my opinion you will be paid from today's superblock already in 2-3 hours from now.
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 05:14:37 AM

Are posts being deleted again? I recall this was not going to happen. Are conditions being met that posts merit deletion?

slovakia

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:32:01 AM

Thanks for referencing my thread.  Wink

You're welcome. I didn't know about cc_config.xml and being able to change ncpus from -1 to 48. I don't have powerful computers, but I like the short Fight AIDS@Home. I put 48 ncpus and got a lot of FAH tasks. I usually only get like 4 at a time... so I can get my badge upgraded on that task. Smiley 

SETI.USA bunkered hard, but I wonder if BiblePay can win the race as the turtle (slow & steady). We lost some big time BOINCers so hard to say how we will do in this challenge.
what we win? fart poppy only Cheesy ... THOR is for children

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 06:01:50 AM

Can anyone confirm the number of hours between daily superblock? I noticed last night it was 1 hour more than before. Usually daily PoDC payment is usually made in hour 20 or 21 (my time), but yesterday it was in hour 22. DGW's been really good with maintaining 24 hour average for daily superblock...

The Daily superblock is once every 205 blocks; but what we need to do is check the hours passed over the span of 1 month of blocks (205*30) and see if we have any time drift.  If you type 'showblock #' you can see the Block Time.

In this chart, dots closest to 0 is best. If each PoDC daily superblock time is reset, this is the difference from superblock daily to the next superblock daily. The daily stays within 60 minutes in either direction usually.

In this chart, a level line is best. this chart looks at the trend drifting where the actual PoDC daily superblock "drifts" from the ideal daily time. This is cumulative so you can see the upward trend. Around block 60k and 70k-77k there was a leveling off which means daily PoDC superblock was close to ideal (24 hours).

Data I used to create the charts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XRkjCvENvf0HqXvVarnjslRIaYLormV1vrLFURsu2Rk/edit?usp=sharing

Daily superblock is drifting. It is not keeping to 24 hours. Superblock was 8pm to 9pm my time zone, but now it has drifted to midnight.

How can this be fixed bible_pay (Rob)?

benres

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:08:51 AM

Very interesting project with a mission of building a place for safe haven to every person that needs support from hardships in life. I look forward in the success of this cryptocurrency and its mission to create a place for needy people and also the cryptocurrency enthusiast who want to build a better society.
Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: