Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:42:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243132 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 11:14:06 PM

Team, you have to either simplify mining or automate it.

The curren situation is ridiculous. You are mining via wallet,
but you also mine via external tool, which has two different options.

On top of that you can stake, and your mining profit depends
a lot on your number of coins (if i got that right).

Meaning: if you have a small amount of BBP, no matter how hard
you mine in Roseta, you still get small rewards.

Final result is totally unpredictable.

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:27:56 AM

I just installed the new (to me) wallet.  In the distributed computing section the only option is rosetta@home.  How do I change it?

Register for Rosetta@Home account. That is only project you can add to BiblePay CPID registration. WCG account can also be created and added to your BOINC Manager.

This is the Biblepay I remember;  Long on complexity, short on details  Tongue   The reason I am confused is that there is conflicting information.  Biblepay website says "We support two projects through BOINC."  The wiki page says biblepay supports one.  The wallet has a dropdown as if it should support more than one, but there is rosetta only.  So I guess to make my question short, can I earn BBP while using the world community grid?  Or not?

A lot has changed in the last 9 months...but good to see you back.  Yes the wiki needs updating (I did a quick edit of the PoDC page to reflect both projects, but it likely needs some heavier editing).

In short, yes, credits at World Community Grid are valid, and actually grant 1.5x RAC in the project (as it tends to grant less than Rosetta@home).

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:33:37 AM

Team, you have to either simplify mining or automate it.

The curren situation is ridiculous. You are mining via wallet,
but you also mine via external tool, which has two different options.

On top of that you can stake, and your mining profit depends
a lot on your number of coins (if i got that right).

Meaning: if you have a small amount of BBP, no matter how hard
you mine in Roseta, you still get small rewards.

Final result is totally unpredictable.

The easiest way to mine is at BBP-Pool, https://www.bbppool.com/.  Yes, we're pretty complicated and could use a bit more hand-holding for new users, but if you are generally familiar with crypto and follow the guides, it should work for you.  But in short, for full rewards, you need 20 BBP per RAC you have.  The situation is similar to wallets that allow heat mining and stake mining, except in our case, you're doing a bit of both.  The Discord Channel is full of helpful people that can answer most any questions (and most of the time we're right too!).

So if you're hashing well at Rosetta and lack the stake, go to the above pool, it operates like GRCPool.  Otherwise, reduce your hashing at Rosetta and do more PoBH (heat mining) with your computer while doing some Rosetta.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:20:22 AM

can I earn BBP while using the world community grid?  Or not?

Yes you can. Rosetta@Home was the first project to be supported with PoDC (Proof of Distributed Computing). World Community Grid (WCG) was added as a second project as R@H kept running out of tasks for the BiblePay team. Some of the docs are not up to date, but currently both Rosetta@Home and World Community Grid are supported. For the QT wallet and CPID registration, only R@H is currently supported. Your CPID will eventually match on both projects as long as you use the same e-mail to register on both sites.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:21:13 AM

Mining Guides
https://www.biblepay.org/mining/
https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/documentations/mining-how-to/

World Community Grid (WCG) Mining Guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/97cx4f/world_community_grid_wcg_mining_guide/

This Monday (9/24) we start the WCG THOR Challenge!
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/9d9xn8/world_community_grid_wcg_thor_challenge/

=

nsummy if your interested in working on documentation, you have my vote for budget proposal to fund you for your time and efforts, BiblePay needs all the help it can get!
http://wiki.biblepay.org/UnderstandingGovernance

Thank you.  That WCG "guide" doesn't provide a very clear picture though.  I understand the steps laid out;  I already have boinc installed, a wcg account, etc.  The question is how does Biblepay know my address?  Beyond joining the BBP team on WCG, which is only a username, I see no way to associate my wallet with the research.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:23:29 AM

can I earn BBP while using the world community grid?  Or not?

Yes you can. Rosetta@Home was the first project to be supported with PoDC (Proof of Distributed Computing). World Community Grid (WCG) was added as a second project as R@H kept running out of tasks for the BiblePay team. Some of the docs are not up to date, but currently both Rosetta@Home and World Community Grid are supported. For the QT wallet and CPID registration, only R@H is currently supported. Your CPID will eventually match on both projects as long as you use the same e-mail to register on both sites.

So if I understand this correctly, in order to mine with WCG:

1.  Sign up with R@H using the same email address as with WCG

2.  Input the the CPID info into the wallet from R@H

3.  Join the BBP team on WCG

4.  Eventually the CPIDs will match and credit from WCG will be applied?
capulo

Activity: 491
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:46:40 PM

as i can see, there are still same questions like 'how to setup mining', 'how to set wcg', 'how to add byteball', 'howto something', 'why it is not working', 'what i need to do..' ...
we will need better guidelines, with even better troubleshooting steps.
not just 'you need to stake', but how to stake, how to check stakebalance, how much time i need to wait until coins are available to stake, how much i need to stake, how to check if i'm staking something, when stake will take effect in payments etc etc...
or maybe some helpdesk or just contacts to some experienced users which can help online
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 01:51:09 PM

can I earn BBP while using the world community grid?  Or not?

So if I understand this correctly, in order to mine with WCG:

1.  Sign up with R@H using the same email address as with WCG

2.  Input the the CPID info into the wallet from R@H

3.  Join the BBP team on WCG

4.  Eventually the CPIDs will match and credit from WCG will be applied?

Yes - for the most part.

1. Sign up with R@H, using the same email address that you will use with WCG later
2. Associate BBP wallet with RAH, either by using the GUI Add me as a DC user, or with 'exec associate'
3. Join BBP team on WCG
4. Type 'exec getboincinfo' to ensure your CPID is registered in the wallet.

5.  After about 24 hours, your WCG web panel should show the same CPID as RAH.  If that is true, we automatically pull in your WCG rac.

6.  You can see the WCG RAC and RAH Rac in the pool under the Reports | Superblock Report, look at the WCG column as compared to the RAH column.

I'm actually working on a new screen now in testnet to try to remove all 6 steps (for Rosetta only, in the beginning).  This screen will supposedly only require the user to install boinc, install the wallet, and run the diagnostic screen.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:24:14 PM

as i can see, there are still same questions like 'how to setup mining', 'how to set wcg', 'how to add byteball', 'howto something', 'why it is not working', 'what i need to do..' ...
not just 'you need to stake', but how to stake, how to check stakebalance, how much time i need to wait until coins are available to stake, how much i need to stake, how to check if i'm staking something, when stake will take effect in payments etc etc...
or maybe some helpdesk or just contacts to some experienced users which can help online

If you have any edits you want to suggest, please make them and send them to me in a PM.
I'll need the URLs you are fixing and I'll forward them to the correct person.

ByteBall and DCC are not really part of BiblePay, so that is really a side benefit of crunching Rosetta@Home (DCC) and WCG (ByteBall, Neumannium - WAVES platform). So, I could host those on a wiki if you want to write up the instructions. I can get a free wiki hosted on herokuapp.

That's right. Only Rob knows the intention of why only Rosetta@Home is available to register, but I suspect that's partly why. If you register with Rosetta@Home and do those tasks first, that will be your CPID. When you register for WCG, your CPID is different, but having the same e-mail address, your WCG CPID will merge with Rosetta@Home.

If BiblePay allowed registration with WCG in the wallet, can you see there being issues with CPID matching? If you registered your WCG CPID and it changed because you registered Rosetta@Home first, the CPID you registered with BBP would stop working. That's why it is better to have only one project to register on BiblePay (Rosetta@Home).

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:13:02 PM

If you have any edits you want to suggest, please make them and send them to me in a PM.
I'll need the URLs you are fixing and I'll forward them to the correct person.

ByteBall and DCC are not really part of BiblePay, so that is really a side benefit of crunching Rosetta@Home (DCC) and WCG (ByteBall, Neumannium - WAVES platform). So, I could host those on a wiki if you want to write up the instructions. I can get a free wiki hosted on herokuapp.

That's right. Only Rob knows the intention of why only Rosetta@Home is available to register, but I suspect that's partly why. If you register with Rosetta@Home and do those tasks first, that will be your CPID. When you register for WCG, your CPID is different, but having the same e-mail address, your WCG CPID will merge with Rosetta@Home.

If BiblePay allowed registration with WCG in the wallet, can you see there being issues with CPID matching? If you registered your WCG CPID and it changed because you registered Rosetta@Home first, the CPID you registered with BBP would stop working. That's why it is better to have only one project to register on BiblePay (Rosetta@Home).

Its a complicated answer.  In wallet versions before 1.1.5.0, sancs needed the RAH CPID first to find the WCG RAC.  (Because the Sancs looked up WCG RAC by the primary key of the RAH user in the contract).  Starting in the next mandatory release (which is not out yet so please dont try this yet, should be out in 14 days we believe) we actually do allow you to have WCG RAC only - and be missing in RAH.

Thats only half of it.  The other half is for new users who have a CPID first in RAH, WCG adapts better to learn your existing CPID (it pulls in and respects the externalcpid field).  Otoh, if you start with WCG only- I can't say if Rosetta will pull your cpid from WCG, this is because IBM's implementation of boinc is the only custom implementation out of the 70 projects, since they rewrote the Web RPC.  It might work, someone should test that situation.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

I'm actually working on a new screen now in testnet to try to remove all 6 steps (for Rosetta only, in the beginning).  This screen will supposedly only require the user to install boinc, install the wallet, and run the diagnostic screen.

If it's easier, I like it already.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

If it's easier, I like it already.

Yeah, its definitely easier for newbies.  We're thinking of all the people that might come over with no team requirement.

The wallet can now detect:  If/IfNot Boinc is installed, If/ifnot an account exists yet with rosetta, If/IfNot rosetta is attached.  It can create a new account for a user, attach rosetta, and start crunching (as long as BiblePay is running on the same machine BOINC is running on)...  It should be in testnet shortly.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:25:45 PM

Has anyone seen this Post for our Sanctuaries:

New options for turnkey Sanctuaries for BiblePay: 

GIN: https://twitter.com/gincoin_crypto/status/1042790277306572801

Apollon: https://twitter.com/apollonxap/status/1042780825152937989

I'm very curious if anyone will set one up, and what your experience is with these services.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:36:10 PM

If anyone knows Smbbm, could you please tell him to PM me, thanks.   I PM'ed him.  Yobit is looking for him.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

I'm very curious if anyone will set one up, and what your experience is with these services.

I'm also curious. I looked into it, and they can certainly make it easier for you to create a masternode, but you have to pay with their crypto (right?).

I've updated the website and added these two services btw Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:55:28 PM

I'm also curious. I looked into it, and they can certainly make it easier for you to create a masternode, but you have to pay with their crypto (right?).

I've updated the website and added these two services btw Smiley

I havent done it yet, but I heard GIN works something like:  You buy enough GIN to host a node for a year (at a rate of $14 * 12 = $168 in GIN crypto) and then their cryptoplatform runs the sanc for a year and also maintains it for updates.  I believe they have a decentralized wallet.  I have no clue how their virtual machines are connected to wallets. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:28:28 PM

Next month, I'll do a script on windows10, rosetta + bbp wallet with config for mining, 5-10 clicks plug and play, for new ones. It will make it easier, but now I am very busy. (everything will be included "registration for rosseta@home etc)
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:34:19 PM

Next month, I'll do a script on windows10, rosetta + bbp wallet with config for mining, 5-10 clicks plug and play, for new ones. It will make it easier, but now I am very busy. (everything will be included "registration for rosseta@home etc)

The code is already ready inside the core wallet to :  Detect boinc, add account, detect account, attach rosetta, detect cpid, etc.  MIP is working on finding an unattended installer for windows. 

Thanks for offering though.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:40:26 PM

The code is already ready inside the core wallet to :  Detect boinc, add account, detect account, attach rosetta, detect cpid, etc.  MIP is working on finding an unattended installer for windows. 

If you need a help with Microsoft OS, please priv.

Regards
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 11:49:36 PM

You can copy the exe files from an existing install...

The service piece may be a little more difficult
Pages: « 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: