Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:40:55 PM

As my remember, pool.biblepay.org require register for mining and workerID = namemachine
for workerID= wallet you can change to https://pool.purepool.org instead.
i already registered there but i will try pool.purepool.org
thank you all again

You do not need to POW (Heat Mine) to receive PODC rewards.  You only need to ensure your wallet is sending 1 PODC update per day (which is supposed to happen automatically if you leave the controller wallet running).

You cannot receive WCG rewards without having RAH attached and running currently.  That is most likely your problem.

Just attach RAH and start at least one task, limit it if you want, and then things should come back for WCG.

After the next mandatory, the sancs should technically allow WCG only boincing.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:44:54 PM

*** WARNING - MINTNODES ***

I was just taking a look at this site this morning, where we have been listed with Clusternodes:

https://www.mintnodes.com/faq

Mintnodes.com

I have to warn everyone, I don't think this is a very safe operation.  They are concentrating all the deposits into one place, hold all the keys to the crypto, and from what I can see, I don't have any reason to believe they are even creating real masternodes.

At the very least it looks like a way that someone can allow $1 mil to pile up and then they can run away with all of it.

Additionally Im not sure if its legal, because selling slices of nodes may be viewed as selling securities (and that could cause a shutdown for an sec violation).

Imo, we should pull support for this, unless the owner comes forward and proves the funds are stored in a cold wallet and posts the code that creates the masternodes.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

I was looking for source code and and noticed that there is no instructions or project files for windows version. As I am windows developer and I would like to try something out and someone is compiling windows version of wallet, would it be possible to get something to start with?

Follow MIP's docs, I never had luck compiling under windows,  I could cross-compile via linux however (and even windows subsystem for linux)

WSL was my next question. I'll give it a try.
Thank you both.
I cross compile under the gitian builder, and release those for windows releases.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:52:45 PM

We have a few ppl that were on BiblePay leaving for GridCoin and ByteBall. I wonder why... For CPU mining, BiblePay is still 10x more profitable than GridCoin.
https://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=teamoldusers&team=Biblepay

Odd.. maybe because of the no team requirement change?

Rob: when is this going into effect?
Maybe they are leaving to test out A & B.

As far as a release date, I believe we should be done in testnet within 7 more days.  I think we can shoot for Oct 15th or so roughly.

We have a couple things to talk about in testnet:  Clicking on a GUI for Rosetta diagnostics and a different button for Setting up Rosetta, and a question about the initial baby-step of an IPFS rollout.  

I would delay it further, but I'm also prodded to release it in October because we have one business rule in Prod I want to replace that prevents forks (although we have been running very smoothly in prod lately).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:57:31 PM

received email from BITBAY
they offered price for listing 3BTC for 1 pair BTC-PLN or BTC-BBP

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/bitbay/

Grzegorz Pisula
Business Development Manager
e-mail: grzegorz.pisula@bitbay.net   
Telegram: @BitBayGrzegorz
ph.: +48 730 358 333

We don't need any more exchanges until a top 10 exchange approves us.

Besides, we got a verified offer from Cryptopia for 1.5 BTC but our new exchange fund is empty, so we need to start saving up slowly, might take us a year with our lower budget, but hey next Christmas might be really bright for us if we are listed on Crytopia for Christmas of 2019!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:00:39 PM

I was just taking a look at this site this morning, where we have been listed with Clusternodes:

Mintnodes.com

I have to warn everyone, I don't think this is a very safe operation.  They are concentrating all the deposits into one place, hold all the keys to the crypto, and from what I can see, I don't have any reason to believe they are even creating real masternodes.

At the very least it looks like a way that someone can allow $1 mil to pile up and then they can run away with all of it.

Additionally Im not sure if its legal, because selling slices of nodes may be viewed as selling securities (and that could cause a shutdown for an sec violation).

Imo, we should pull support for this, unless the owner comes forward and proves the funds are stored in a cold wallet and posts the code that creates the masternodes.

indeed ... better choice is make MN between ppl like frenchise ... we had MN ... dave,rastiks,etc

harrisvan87

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:05:23 PM

As my remember, pool.biblepay.org require register for mining and workerID = namemachine
thank you all again

You do not need to POW (Heat Mine) to receive PODC rewards.  You only need to ensure your wallet is sending 1 PODC update per day (which is supposed to happen automatically if you leave the controller wallet running).

You cannot receive WCG rewards without having RAH attached and running currently.  That is most likely your problem.

Just attach RAH and start at least one task, limit it if you want, and then things should come back for WCG.

Hi Rob, you mean if i put the config file proc=zero then i must type PODC update cmd once a day ? Because the last time i put zero for proc that have no reward also for 2 days. Could you please clear this ?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

It's inevitable that crypto decentralization in it's current form will not last. This is because it is rapidly coming under government regulation, as all markets historically do.  

The smart choice as Christians is to be among the first in the crypto world to publicly embrace financial transparency and integrity in our procedures.
Good observation.

In light of this I'm going to make an announcement today with some recommended changes.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 01:08:56 PM

thank you all again

You do not need to POW (Heat Mine) to receive PODC rewards.  You only need to ensure your wallet is sending 1 PODC update per day (which is supposed to happen automatically if you leave the controller wallet running).

You cannot receive WCG rewards without having RAH attached and running currently.  That is most likely your problem.

Hi Rob, you mean if i put the config file proc=zero then i must type PODC update cmd once a day ? Because the last time i put zero for proc that have no reward also for 2 days. Could you please clear this ?

If you do these things I think you will be OK:

Remove utxooverride from config
Add:
genproclimit=1

On Boincing, start crunching RAH again, until you get your full reward, then throttle RAH back to 1% if you want WCG at 99%

The UTXO override is not needed.
The genproclimit=1 is needed so that the internal miner knows to send a PODC update once every 4 hours.

Good luck.

Rob
PS You can remove genproclimit, as the default = 1 .  You can't use zero.

PS 2:  Technically people do not need to pool mine or heat mine to receive PODC rewards.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:22:02 PM

Mintnodes.com

I have to warn everyone, I don't think this is a very safe operation.  They are concentrating all the deposits into one place, hold all the keys to the crypto, and from what I can see, I don't have any reason to believe they are even creating real masternodes.

indeed ... better choice is make MN between ppl like frenchise ... we had MN ... dave,rastiks,etc

I just sent an e-mail to mintnodes asking questions.

By default I would assume all money put into mintnodes is 100% at risk and may dissapear overnight. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:28:46 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 02:40:10 PM by slovakia

616westwarmoth when ill to jump to BB,i have to setup new mining?i hope that not.....only change team and thats all, right?

i dont trust https://www.mintnodes.com better/secure choice is build masternode with users from here  
why
1.masternode was very long preenabled with expired
2.when somebody left from MN,whats next?
3.site can be hack
4.owner can left

very untrustable

im finding somebody for build new MN:  write me PM with how much BBP you have: only future tenants please,thanks
for 2% i can to build it for you...im using my machines in my datacenter
online spreedsheet+NODE checker will be too for owners of MN

example of spreadscheet our 240 days old masternode= 9 ppl

kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:38:56 PM

Team, you have to either simplify mining or automate it.

The curren situation is ridiculous. You are mining via wallet,
but you also mine via external tool, which has two different options.

On top of that you can stake, and your mining profit depends
a lot on your number of coins (if i got that right).

Meaning: if you have a small amount of BBP, no matter how hard
you mine in Roseta, you still get small rewards.

Final result is totally unpredictable.

The easiest way to mine is at BBP-Pool, https://www.bbppool.com/.  Yes, we're pretty complicated and could use a bit more hand-holding for new users, but if you are generally familiar with crypto and follow the guides, it should work for you.  But in short, for full rewards, you need 20 BBP per RAC you have.  The situation is similar to wallets that allow heat mining and stake mining, except in our case, you're doing a bit of both.  The Discord Channel is full of helpful people that can answer most any questions (and most of the time we're right too!).

So if you're hashing well at Rosetta and lack the stake, go to the above pool, it operates like GRCPool.  Otherwise, reduce your hashing at Rosetta and do more PoBH (heat mining) with your computer while doing some Rosetta.

So I supposed I started mining with my wallet as I followed the instructions here https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/documentations/mining-how-to/mine-desktop/ . It tells about Rosetta, so I registered there. I don't quite get this. But is increasing the RAC also mining? Am I mining both in the wallet and Rosetta?

In other threads I read about mining BBP. It is connected with Rosetta. There's also WCG. Then byteball is connected. Things are very confusing I think I have to allocate more time understanding these things and research more.
goldart

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:40:38 PM

This is an old article but just came to light for me.  https://capital.com/scams-and-regulation-fear-sweep-cryptos I think regardless of the rest of the content it shows the public perception that we must overcome.

It's criticisms of us are:

No direct accountability for the orphan sponsorships - This situation is far better now, but it makes me think having a link to Compassion that showed our sponsorships would be the only real fool-proof way to allay those concerns.  Since we hope to continue to sponsor a large number at Compassion, I would think we could get them to do this for us.

Website typo - This is an older article, the website has been changed and I believe it is correct.  However, people will judge us by our website before they even try out our wallet so it's good to keep in my that the website is a vital face of the coin.

No staff biographical information - There is a staff page now under Press Kit.  The main issue I see is that on many coins, the staff page includes links to Linked In or other identification verifying pages.  This hurts the credibility of the coin in a realm where trust is key.  The crypto world is full of scams (both intentional and unintentional) and users feel more comfortable with "real" people.  Trust is even more key in a coin that is also in the religious realm, as the area of religion gets looked at with a skeptical eye by the non-religious.  Religious minded individuals are also skeptical as they are often targeted by scams and mechanisms to take advantage of their trust.

Anonymous Location - This goes hand in hand with the previous point.  But again, the issue is the more trust we engender, the better off our coin will be.
don't see any problem right now, I believe this is a good coin to have in existence.
any price predictions during the next 2 months on biblepay? any new exchanges coming?
slovakia

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

kissmarx are you read www.biblepay.org? i can you help if you wanna

goldart we filled more the forms, few good exchanges want to list us, but for BTC  hotbit,bitbay,cryptonex=3BTC for pair, like said Rob , now we need to focus to marketing,PR... no need exchanges now: but, bittrex,poloniex can be good Tongue

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:52:04 PM

*** HUGE CHANGES IN BIBLEPAY TO IMPROVE OUR COMMUNITY AND HELP OUR CREDIBILITY AND CREATE STRENGTH ***

So this all started when one of our fast participants, Andy from LA offered to help with a few things.  Things that resonated with me because we both pray for BiblePay and receive confirmations about issues.  

I admit not all of my ideas are going to stick forever - as some are rooted in prior IT experience and not in God's will.  So when I hear that God wants to change something about BiblePay, I listen.

There were 3 areas that Andy brought to my attention that resonated:  Ease-of-use for investors and users, Key-man risk (dev+governmental), Sanctuary simplicity.  You are already seeing some of the changes (with these providers for masternodes like GIN we reached out to in response to the Sanc issue).  

For the Ease-of-use part, our complaint was that when an investor arrives on our landing page- they are way too confused.  And the page is dark and not full of love.  In light of that, Jaap is working on our landing page changes:  Show key information to potential investors (Quickly download the wallet, how to trade biblepay, what we do, boilerplate) and he is also adding a brighter background theme and images of children.   He is also making it easier for new users to understand how to get started in relation to the next wallet version (which will have a couple more GUI buttons to get started with one click).

Key Man Risk:  This started with a conversation from one of Andys clients, wanting to get into BiblePay as a whale, but he was afraid that I was the single point of failure.  After showing him the DAO page, many, many changes were put into play.  One being that we are working on an internal plan to remove key-man risk in Phase 1 (that is at the end of this month).  More info will be given on this today.  This will eliminate key-man risk.

Sanctuary Simplicity:  The whale would not join unless they find a way for a one-click masternode.  In this case, MIP is now creating a script for one-click sanctuaries.  We also reached out to GIN who came through for us for decentralized sancs.

This exercise brought up many sub-exercises and new projects for us, which I think in the long run make us stronger and more credible.

The key-man exercise brought up some of the weak points that exist in having a BiblePay foundation.

The problems with the BiblePay foundation are that we were becoming centralized, and "ruled" by only 6 individuals, with governmental systemic risk.  This gave the rest of the community the feeling that their masternode investment voting rights were not being used appropriately by biblepay, the biblepay directors were "better" than everyone else (IE could make legal decisions and trample on the rights of the community).  Arguably, one of the most important issues raised was the governmental risk involved with a centralized foundation.  This was the risk of being a lightning rod for a government to shut down biblepay or force biblepay to add wallet rules that remove anonymity.

In light of all these points, and with the desire to decentralize I feel we should dissolve the biblepay foundation.

The primary reason we started the foundation was to enable conversion of biblepay to Fiat for Compassion.com payments.  However, I feel we have other options for this now.  All of our other vendors, Kairos, Cameroon One, BLOOM accept BiblePay or Bitcoin.  I've reached out to compassion over the weekend to ask if they will set up a dedicated receiving address and accept our payments in Bitcoin.  If not, I will provide a homework assignment for the community to find a way to set up a program where we can convert biblepay to fiat for slices of payments to compassion.  Another option is to phase out compassion and ramp up sponsoring with orgs who do accept BTC (although Im not recommending this as compassion is $38 per month per child).

As far as Newbie Experience:  As you know we recently saw the no-team requirement poll pass, and the reward level to non-biblepay teams set to 100%.  In the next version of biblepay, we are trying to make it so a brand new user can mine with very little resistance.  This means downloading the wallet, buying the UTXO amount on the exchange, downloading boinc, and clicking "Add me to Rosetta", and then click "Associate".  The next version will also show how many tasks are running on the GUI - giving the user the understanding that the wallet is working (without going through RPC commands).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:58:34 PM

616westwarmoth when ill to jump to BB,i have to setup new mining?i hope that not.....only change team and thats all, right?

i dont trust https://www.mintnodes.com better/secure choice is build masternode with users from here  
why
1.masternode was very long preenabled with expired
2.when somebody left from MN,whats next?
3.site can be hack
4.owner can left

very untrustable

im finding somebody for build new MN:  write me PM with how much BBP you have: only future tenants please,thanks
for 2% i can to build it for you...im using my machines in my datacenter
online spreedsheet+NODE checker will be too for owners of MN

I don't understand your first question about jumping to BB...  As I understand it, only the TEAMS will be blacklisted.  I believe you'll still be able to mine Byteball (and Neumennium, and DCC/SPARK) on the side as long as you aren't part of their team.  If that is the case (which I'm 99% sure it is), then you can stay on team BBP, and mine BBP, BB, NEU and DCC.  Or you can go to one of the other teams (HARDOCP for instance) and still mine BBP, just there may be a small to moderate penalty for not being on Team Biblepay (much like there is currently a small bonus for being on team Byteball.org).

As far as Mintnodes, I would saw it's a good option for someone with open eyes.  Its roughly like leaving your coins on an exchange, would not be recommended for large amounts but for someone with no other options, might be worth the risk.  In two years, if they're still around and no complaints, then they'll have earned the trust.

I can build my own MN, I will build them for others when I have time.  I've built three nodes for others, am set to build another one this week, and I run one shared node personally.  

Please let me clarify the difference between leaving coins on an exchange and leaving on mintnodes:

An exchange moves stored balances to cold wallets, and has better experience in preventing web site hacks.  (At least, the top 50 exchanges supposedly do).
Mintnodes appears to be a new domain run by one individual, and does not appear to have cold wallets in place.  So from a hacking perspective I give them a risk level of 10, and bittrex a risk level of 4 for example.

No centralized service is perfectly safe.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
james127

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:04:35 PM

Hi can anyone help? Ever since the WCG problem a few days ago, all my WCG RAC disappeared and still reads 0.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:18:23 PM

I am pleased to see the openness to change.

On the Sanctuary Simplicity, would it be practical to make a site like Gin where the community could host others Sanctuaries but at a more competitive rate and one that does not primarily benefit another coin?

Foundation / Sanctuary rule - This is fine to change from a Foundation from a centralization standpoint, although it still does not address the issue that a whale could in easily have a controlling share of the Sanctuaries and force their agenda on the community.  Then we would be 1) more centralized and 2) less accountable since the whale could be anonymous.

Key-man -This is a good step as right now we're one unfortunate event away from disaster (such as if the fire Rob recently suffered through had not been limited to just property damage).

The main elephant that still is in the room is overall trust.  The main members of the community are anonymous.  That is atypical in major cryptocurrency projects.  There is still concern about how our coins are sold for charity and how that is distributed (yes, there are steps being taken to show the process, but it really needs to be easier to follow and easier to verify, see my post below).  If we aim to be a top coin (500/250/100, whatever) trust is the issue that will hold us back in most

I disagree on your comment about a "whale".  The free market has never been controlled by one individual, and I assert that after 5 years of existence, BiblePay will still be controlled by a disparate group of individuals with fair voting rights.  In addition, if a whale is rich enough to buy biblepay, then its their baby and they can run it into the ground or into the air if they wish.  If you think the Masternode model sucks, then you should be promoting other types of coins.  I primarily started this as a masternode coin because I agree with the governance model.  End of story - its a good model for a sanctuary economy with governance.

Yes, I agree a large part of the problem is trust - although I dont agree its trust with biblepay.  I agree there is a group here who thinks they shouldnt trust biblepay because they are mistaken.  And a lot of people here give way too much weight and credibility to them.   I think 50% of what we need to do is revamp our model to educate those who dont trust us.  The other half should be addressed at the problems with cryptocurrency trust in general.

Before we do that, we need to talk about a better plan for BTC->fiat liquidation for compassion - Ill get to that in a minute.

I wanted to make one comment about a personality flaw that I see repeated here - based out of our last version of compassion liquidations.  If someone like t-Mike checked on the compassion total Paid up to a point in time - it proves we were 100% with integrity up to that date.  I agree having a web site from compassion open to the public would be nice- we asked for it.  Ive been emailing Ginger asking IT to respond to my questions about the compassion API (no response yet).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bitcoinerror

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:31:25 PM

A good coin for raising money for charity, I am also a member of the religious community so I am quite interested in this coin. I will buy this currency as a contribution.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:37:00 PM

So lets talk about brainstorming how to pay Compassion slices of USD from BBP/BTC legally without tax risk for the volunteer.

T-Mike brought up the idea of everyone in BBP sponsor their own children, and write to them personally, and turn the receipt in to the governance system for payment.  This is great in the sense that it gives personal communication to the child, and it adds a lot of overhead - in the form of a massive quantity of extra gov votes required monthly for the sanc voting (which is fine).  The biggest issue is trusting the receipt of each persons submitted payment.  We would need to trust the individual receipt posted on the forum thread (which might be fine).  So this is one option.  (Maybe people do spot checks at compassion to see if children are really sponsored by Customer #X with Name #ABC.)   I sent a request to compassion asking them to open an API to us so we can do check by customer account.  

Another idea is to find a way to have many volunteers send checks to compassion monthly and receive reimbursement in BBP after the account is credited that specific amount.  I suppose each $100 check would need a proposal submitted monthly.  We would vote on the checks as we review the compassion statement (for specific credits).  Maybe checks could end in random numbers to make it easy to connect the check with the receipt.

Any other ideas are welcome.  

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: