Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 [820] 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 09:45:47 PM

MIP whats cmd for upgrade linux, forgot it, thanks...... good to add on main web in tutorials, missing it there

Using the masternode script
./masternode-install.sh -u -n

Manually
wget https://biblepay.org/biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
tar -xzf biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
#stop daemon, move/copy binaries to replace older, restart daemon

thanks.... appreciate it....thx to orbis with help how to setup this MIPs packages

I use this:

Code:
biblepay-cli stop
sleep 30
cd /usr/local/bin
sleep 5
rm biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
sleep 3
sleep 3
tar xvf biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
sleep 3
sleep 3

biblepayd --version
sleep 3
biblepayd --daemon
sleep 3
cd ~
sleep 1
cd .biblepayevolution
sleep 1
tail -f debug.log

For biblepay miner:

Code:
cd .biblepayevolution
pkill bbpminer_linux
rm bbpminer_linux
rm bbpminer_linux
wget https://github.com/biblepay/cpuminer/raw/master/binaries/bbpminer_linux
chmod 755 bbpminer_linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Borgholio

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 09:54:33 PM

And then if you want to fund your cpk again you can type 'exec bankroll qty denomination'.  This gives you some distinct denominated bills for coin age to accrue on each one individually.

To send only *from* your CPK (to recover the funds) you can enable coin control, and send from the CPK to yourself.

Gotcha, now just to be clear, earlier you said that we no longer source the sendgscc funds from the main wallet.  Does that mean I absolutely must send funds to the CPK in order to participate in PODC 2.0?  Thanks!

Well this is primarily designed so we don't have to tell people to unlock the wallet (we don't need the hack of requiring some people to script the wallet unlock command etc).
So yes in the current version its only capable of sending the escrow from the CPK.

2) Btw, you never really have to manually send the sendgscc, it is sent automatically once per day at the height in 'exec rac'.  The manual send is just helpful for getting in the leaderboard earlier, or, diagnosing issues.

Cool, ok now one last thing about withdrawing the funds from CPK.  I don't see the way to select CPK from the Send tab, even with coin control enabled.  Am I missing something?
sunk818

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 10:01:04 PM

Cool, ok now one last thing about withdrawing the funds from CPK.  I don't see the way to select CPK from the Send tab, even with coin control enabled.  Am I missing something?

Try list view instead of tree view

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:59:38 PM

MIP whats cmd for upgrade linux, forgot it, thanks...... good to add on main web in tutorials, missing it there

Using the masternode script
./masternode-install.sh -u -n

Manually
tar -xzf biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
#stop daemon, move/copy binaries to replace older, restart daemon

thanks.... appreciate it....thx to orbis with help how to setup this MIPs packages

I use this:

Code:
biblepay-cli stop
sleep 30
cd /usr/local/bin
sleep 5
sleep 3
sleep 3
tar xvf biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
sleep 3
sleep 3

biblepayd --version
sleep 3
biblepayd --daemon
sleep 3
cd ~
sleep 1
cd .biblepayevolution
sleep 1
tail -f debug.log

For biblepay miner:

Code:
cd .biblepayevolution
pkill bbpminer_linux
rm bbpminer_linux
rm bbpminer_linux
wget https://github.com/biblepay/cpuminer/raw/master/binaries/bbpminer_linux
chmod 755 bbpminer_linux

post this to tutorials!!!! and on main biblepay.org web,.... newbies didnt know this how to upgrade

pls  ROB/TOGO/SUNK

Borgholio

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 11:49:48 PM

https://i.imgur.com/BCVcwQM.jpg

Ok, opened the Inputs menu and selected list view.  I do see an address there for CPK but it only shows 4bbp in it, when I sent over 1500.
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 01:33:49 PM

Why are we seeing very old blocks on pool historical stats page ?
Like this
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 03:16:33 PM

Ok, opened the Inputs menu and selected list view.  I do see an address there for CPK but it only shows 4bbp in it, when I sent over 1500.

Can you give me the txid of the tx where you sent 1500 please?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 03:49:25 PM

Just a heads up in case anyone has issues.

World Community Grid: Planned Maintenance on Friday, January 24, 2020
We are updating the operating system on our servers on Friday, January 24, beginning at 17:00 UTC.
1/23/2020 4:45:12 PM ·
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 09:02:18 PM

So I've been thinking about another potential possibility for our next replacement POBH miner for heat mining.
I'm thinking of possibly using RandomX as our next POW algo and creating compatibility in BBP for merge mining XMR from BBP.

(Up til today, I was primarily considering a new POW protocol that would do some type of useful work, until the idea was considered, that the useful work might be the *mining revenue* from XMR - where miners could earn the electricity from (XMR) but still fully secure the chain with randomx).  This idea made me think of the benefits of less sell pressure and more income for the miners.

Im also thinking it would open up the possibility of all XMR users to have a desire to mine and be exposed to BBP.

The way it would work is this (potentially):
- BBP adopts RandomX as its core hash algorithm
- BBP creates a new pool that is both RandomX, Monero, and BBP compatible
- Miners mine BBP with RandomX as full fledged CPU miners with more arguments in the miner (IE multiple receive addresses)
- The pool has the capability to forward 100% of the solutions into Monero using the miners supplied monero address

I've been evaluating this today, and it appears to be 100% efficient (another words, it would not be as if you are merge mining and switching between protocols with inefficient losses).

Basically, the pool miner would win the XMR round anytime the miners difficulty is below the pool target, but for every XMR hash, we would test for an equal BBP solution like this:
 must equal X11(PrevBlockHash + RandomXHash) < BBP_DIFF, plus block.RandomXsource must match RandomX hash (ensuring our prevBlockHash is the one in the round), and, the core wallet ensures this randomX set meets the difficulty of the BBP block.  This basically means it would be possible for BBP miners to earn 100% of the revenue from randomx hashes, while still hashing BBP with an equal chance of solving the current BBP block using the same spent hashpower for the current hash minus a tiny bit of overhead (for checking each one, which I assume to be 10% or less).

Some of the potential upsides I see to this:
- More BBP exposure
- More Revenue for the miners
- Less sell pressure
- Monero users get exposed to BBP and the gospel

I thought I would throw this out there, so if anyone has any downsides or questions please pose them.  In the mean time, Ill do some thorough investigation and consider making a proof of concept for this to ensure this is feasible.

From the high level, it appears to be a good solution for us on the heat side.  We would of course make the POBH verses compatible and keep the bible in, for biblical reference.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 09:21:59 PM

So I've been thinking about another potential possibility for our next replacement POBH miner for heat mining.
I'm thinking of possibly using RandomX as our next POW algo and creating compatibility in BBP for merge mining XMR from BBP.

(Up til today, I was primarily considering a new POW protocol that would do some type of useful work, until the idea was considered, that the useful work might be the *mining revenue* from XMR - where miners could earn the electricity from (XMR) but still fully secure the chain with randomx).  This idea made me think of the benefits of less sell pressure and more income for the miners.

Im also thinking it would open up the possibility of all XMR users to have a desire to mine and be exposed to BBP.

- Miners mine BBP with RandomX as full fledged CPU miners with more arguments in the miner (IE multiple receive addresses)
- The pool has the capability to forward 100% of the solutions into Monero using the miners supplied monero address

I've been evaluating this today, and it appears to be 100% efficient (another words, it would not be as if you are merge mining and switching between protocols with inefficient losses).

Basically, the pool miner would win the XMR round anytime the miners difficulty is below the pool target, but for every XMR hash, we would test for an equal BBP solution like this:
 must equal X11(PrevBlockHash + RandomXHash) < BBP_DIFF, plus block.RandomXsource must match RandomX hash (ensuring our prevBlockHash is the one in the round), and, the core wallet ensures this randomX set meets the difficulty of the BBP block.  This basically means it would be possible for BBP miners to earn 100% of the revenue from randomx hashes, while still hashing BBP with an equal chance of solving the current BBP block using the same spent hashpower for the current hash minus a tiny bit of overhead (for checking each one, which I assume to be 10% or less).

- More BBP exposure
- Less sell pressure

I thought I would throw this out there, so if anyone has any downsides or questions please pose them.  In the mean time, Ill do some thorough investigation and consider making a proof of concept for this to ensure this is feasible.

From the high level, it appears to be a good solution for us on the heat side.  We would of course make the POBH verses compatible and keep the bible in, for biblical reference.

Wow - by far the most exciting idea I heard over here for a while !
Double-sided exposure on the latest cpu-favoring algo around, and more income for miners - simply great.
I have played with randomx for a bit, and it definitely puts less stress on the cpus since it typically uses half (or less than half) of the possible threads. Less heat produced = less energy wasted.

There is one risk I see, though. Merge mining tends to create sell pressure on one of the coins in the pair - if miners would rather hodl the other one (that is, if they are hodling at all). You can check out the case of LOKI and TURTLECOIN; they recently abandoned the merged mining option. The only precaution I can think of is introducing some sort of ABN requirement (perhaps even dynamically changing as diff changes) to make sure some BBP has to be locked in. Oh, that would also deter possible botnets??
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 09:53:03 PM

- More BBP exposure
- Less sell pressure

Wow - by far the most exciting idea I heard over here for a while !
Double-sided exposure on the latest cpu-favoring algo around, and more income for miners - simply great.
I have played with randomx for a bit, and it definitely puts less stress on the cpus since it typically uses half (or less than half) of the possible threads. Less heat produced = less energy wasted.

There is one risk I see, though. Merge mining tends to create sell pressure on one of the coins in the pair - if miners would rather hodl the other one (that is, if they are hodling at all). You can check out the case of LOKI and TURTLECOIN; they recently abandoned the merged mining option. The only precaution I can think of is introducing some sort of ABN requirement (perhaps even dynamically changing as diff changes) to make sure some BBP has to be locked in. Oh, that would also deter possible botnets??

Thanks, I do see the Loki + turtlecoin expiriment.  I assume that Lokis market cap started dropping as turtle sold the coins on the loki side.  Interesting.
Well in our case, its BBP, the flea on the back of XMR.  So I guess it would be a case of miners being able to sell some XMR to recoup electric and they would hold BBP (most likely) when our price is low, and thats basically the problem we have now, since we spent so much on charity.  When would it work in reverse, I suppose if we had a nice run up from this (which would be a good problem to have).

Yeah, you bring up a good point on the botnet, simply because up til now, since we are proprietary, there is no mass desire to make a botnet out of BBP with our low price, but otoh, if we did this new project, we would have 10 million potential miners with the potential of being in a botnet.  I think that will be solved 90% of the way, because the reqs for us to do this require a specialized BBP miner (it cant be done with the plain old XMR miner), so that knocks out most of the botnet, but otoh we have to consider the risk of if our price is rising.  Im not sure how easy we could implement ABN, but I think we can raise the bar pretty high:  Must run specialized bbp miner, must pool mine to receive the merged revenue, and, we could check in the pool for something from BBP (possibly a CPID), if we want to cut down botnets that way.  Great points!  I dont think this part will be a showstopper either.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 10:09:34 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2020, 10:52:39 PM by sunk818

What would happen if Monero decided to hard fork to another algorithm? Would we be able fall back to PoBH mining only again?

whether someone would hodl or sell bbp is hard to say. if I were a miners miner, I might sell bbp. if I were a bbp miner, vice versa. I do see your point about hodling bbp for the chance it may increase in value more than Monero.

I own some Monero, but I wonder if I'd need a Monero wallet as a new user to pool mine BBP? If Monero was auto sold on an exchange and paid out as BBP from the pool, that'd mean you'd only need one wallet. If the pool miner hodls BBP, then the buying of BBP with Monero could offset some of the charity sell pressure? I know it means centralizing the effort on a pool to auto sell, but if there's an exchange API, I wonder how automated this process could become...

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 12:36:45 AM

What would happen if Monero decided to hard fork to another algorithm? Would we be able fall back to PoBH mining only again?

whether someone would hodl or sell bbp is hard to say. if I were a miners miner, I might sell bbp. if I were a bbp miner, vice versa. I do see your point about hodling bbp for the chance it may increase in value more than Monero.

I own some Monero, but I wonder if I'd need a Monero wallet as a new user to pool mine BBP? If Monero was auto sold on an exchange and paid out as BBP from the pool, that'd mean you'd only need one wallet. If the pool miner hodls BBP, then the buying of BBP with Monero could offset some of the charity sell pressure? I know it means centralizing the effort on a pool to auto sell, but if there's an exchange API, I wonder how automated this process could become...
If Monero hard forked, we could either keep randomX and keep going, or change to POBH with a mandatory upgrade, or follow their lead and schedule a mandatory on the same date (to follow their new algo).

Although no one can predict which pair would be sold, in pairs trading, its usually the higher priced coin that gets sold.  Especially if we have something on the roadmap that leads to a future higher price (in my case Id be selling monero and holding bbp).  Additionally we are the one with the sancs, so it would be even more beneficial to hold the bbp.  

There are a couple ways you could participate in this without having a monero wallet.  EDIT: Scratch this.  I just realized the top 3 monero pools mine to your home wallet.
In this case, I think we will need to look at hardware wallets and monero vaults.  Maybe we can find a cheap hardware wallet we can mine to.

Im liking the idea so far, one thing that is nice about it is it theoretically lowers the mining burden on BBP to something very manageable.

When Doge did it with LTC it looks like it helped DOGE to get popular also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 12:50:26 AM

If Monero hard forked, we could either keep randomX and keep going, or change to POBH with a mandatory upgrade, or follow their lead and schedule a mandatory on the same date (to follow their new algo).

Although no one can predict which pair would be sold, in pairs trading, its usually the higher priced coin that gets sold.  Especially if we have something on the roadmap that leads to a future higher price (in my case Id be selling monero and holding bbp).  Additionally we are the one with the sancs, so it would be even more beneficial to hold the bbp.  

There are a couple ways you could participate in this without having a monero wallet.  EDIT: Scratch this.  I just realized the top 3 monero pools mine to your home wallet.
In this case, I think we will need to look at hardware wallets and monero vaults.  Maybe we can find a cheap hardware wallet we can mine to.

Im liking the idea so far, one thing that is nice about it is it theoretically lowers the mining burden on BBP to something very manageable.

Looks like we can expiriment with this project using something like this for a while:
https://mymonero.com/

(This is similar to our iphone wallet - SPV only).
Once one wants to store more than $100 or so they can move to the ledger nano s or a hardware wallet etc.
(Then we dont have to ask people to run the monero wallet).

I believe this will be the case... 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 12:53:43 AM

With merged mining, what would be the chance of earning Monero at say 10 MH/s of PoBH?
What kind of difficulty do you envision BBP will have with PoBH + RandomX? If difficulty climbs, won't that impact the BBP rewards and we hit the floor for the reward value?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dogecoin-adopts-merged-mining-with-litecoin

Dogecoin was facing the possibility of a 51 % attack. The coin is rapidly lowering it reward rate for miners. That obviously is resulting in fewer miners which means a lower hash rate and a less secure network. The coin's community has decided to go forward with merged mining.
But, with 95 % of the world's Dogecoin set to be released by block 600,000 there will then be very little incentive for miners to process transactions and secure the network. If Dogecoin's price jump dramatically and compensated the drop in price, then the network would stay secure, but that appears unlikely.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 12:58:55 AM

With merged mining, what would be the chance of earning Monero at say 10 MH/s of PoBH?
What kind of difficulty do you envision BBP will have with PoBH + RandomX? If difficulty climbs, won't that impact the BBP rewards and we hit the floor for the reward value?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/dogecoin-adopts-merged-mining-with-litecoin

Dogecoin was facing the possibility of a 51 % attack. The coin is rapidly lowering it reward rate for miners. That obviously is resulting in fewer miners which means a lower hash rate and a less secure network. The coin's community has decided to go forward with merged mining.
But, with 95 % of the world's Dogecoin set to be released by block 600,000 there will then be very little incentive for miners to process transactions and secure the network. If Dogecoin's price jump dramatically and compensated the drop in price, then the network would stay secure, but that appears unlikely.

Good point on the DGW variable reward... instead of taking out the protection we could put a limit on it, to govern it at say half (at least for 6 months just to watch everything in prod), rather than remove it.

Actually though this implementation would require a specific BBP miner exe, and bbp's diff would be independent of moneros diff completely (even multiple monero blocks can pass between each one of ours), as this implementation is slightly different than other merge implementations.  So our diff would be a product of how many miners find it profitable to mine both at once; its a very interesting problem.  I really have no idea what our diff would be!  Theoretically, we could support 1000 miners right off the bat, because they get full rewards (plus bbp).

Of course when I ran the monero mining calculator today it appeared to me to sort of break even , so its not all roses , but it is a breakeven for electricity.

Maybe if we are lucky we can create 840 more pages for monero-merged mining also  Cool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 07:10:56 AM

27840f8b2a13bb69c00c5da453fcf3f8501ea1b2fef04879a031687b55da5e90

Thanks!
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 02:47:55 PM

Thanks!

Sun mentioned that this was resolved.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 06:29:43 PM

Thanks!

Sun mentioned that this was resolved.

Afraid not...I still show only 4bpp from the CPK even in list view
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 01:04:37 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2020, 12:01:48 AM by togoshigekata

pal#3989 from BiblePay Discord says:

"From a tech perspective, how does BBP beat other Dash forks, or has any advantages over Dash itself?"

"So essentially this is a Dash clone with additional functionality linked to religion charity and science?"

"Not that many Dash forks can have chainlocks, it is quite complicated to do,
how did BBP manage LLMQ based chainlocks? how many quoram BBP has now?"

"The prayers I see from my wallet, are these prayers real time? like when people send coins, they enter this prayer request or how it works?"

=

"What is BiblePay? What makes BiblePay unique?"
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/eff1cq/what_is_biblepay_what_makes_biblepay_unique/

=

"BiblePay — Q4 Updates 2019: October, November, December"
https://medium.com/biblepay-news/biblepay-q4-updates-2019-october-november-december-ef80085d4b27

Are these the Quorum commands?
https://dash-docs.github.io/en/developer-reference#quorum

=

Bottom half of our website's Wallet page talks about Prayer Request
https://www.biblepay.org/wallet/

There's also the Healing Campaign for Prayer Diary Entries
https://wiki.biblepay.org/BiblePay_Healing_Campaign

=

If anyone wants to write a "What is BiblePay?, What makes BiblePay unique?" article, please do!

Pages: « 1 ... 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 [820] 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: