Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 05:21:33 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:09:56 AM by mprep

Where do people download the bbp xmrig software again?

https://github.com/biblepay/xmrig/tree/master/binaries

Is this the best location?

Yeah normally i just download directly from github, all about your taste i guess. Directly from pool page also a option.

I am using port 3001 on rx.biblepay.org - the block height says 2062258

Height should be 184675. Am I mining on the correct chain? That block height looks awfully high, like it is testnet chain or something...

I haven't tried xmrig in a long time, so I could be mistaken too.

As we covered in testnet we display the randomX height there and when you solve BBP shares then we pass through BBP height and bbp diff.

So that part is A-OK.

Heres the link again:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Upgrade_to_RandomX

Anyone who gets the "failed to load winring driver", just disregard that til tomorrow.
It only offers a 3% speed increase, and I will explain how to enable that tomorrow once we work out the remaining issues and the chain gets rolling again.

Praise Jesus, we solved it!  Whew.

EDIT:  That block was solo mined, btw.

EDIT 2:  Unfortunately diff is still 5000, we probably need to solve one more to get it down to 2500, due to DGW's history.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Borgholio

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 07:25:31 PM

Yeah normally i just download directly from github, all about your taste i guess. Directly from pool page also a option.

Height should be 184675. Am I mining on the correct chain? That block height looks awfully high, like it is testnet chain or something...

https://i.imgur.com/tDIR32B.jpg

What are the huge pages and 1gb pages in your miner?  They both show as unavailable for me.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 07:27:40 PM

What are the huge pages and 1gb pages in your miner?  They both show as unavailable for me.
Oh wow, we could be on to something with that (I've got your IP and I have been collecting some data btw).

Anyway, my numbers arent exactly correct but I believe you need 1 gig of ram per huge page.  The miner will automatically use them if it can.

I believe you need 256meg of free ram per thread, minimum.  How much ram does your machine have?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 07:34:47 PM

What are the huge pages and 1gb pages in your miner?  They both show as unavailable for me.
Oh wow, we could be on to something with that (I've got your IP and I have been collecting some data btw).

Anyway, my numbers arent exactly correct but I believe you need 1 gig of ram per huge page.  The miner will automatically use them if it can.

I believe you need 256meg of free ram per thread, minimum.  How much ram does your machine have?

I have 16gb total.  Task manager is showing the miner is using 2.3gb for a single thread.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 07:38:20 PM

I have 16gb total.  Task manager is showing the miner is using 2.3gb for a single thread.

Ok thats not it then, anything more than 4gb is probably fine.

On a side note the only strange problem I see from your machine so far, is your machine constantly reconnects (about once every 10 minutes), authorizes in the pool successfully, we get your BBP address and Monero address (the correct ones) successfully and give you something to mine, but then we never hear from your machine again (it basically never knows when it solves a BBP share).  So either it discards the reply, or, it cant contact us with a solution.  Since you dont see rejects on your screen, it sounds as if its not really mining on the bbp side.

I did extend the pool server timeout to 10 minutes to try to accomodate that behavior and it appears that did not help your case.

Ill have to give you some commands to enable verbose logging.

In the mean time is there any way you can try windows mining from another machine, just to ensure that it fails only on one machine?  That will help isolating network issues and binary issues.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 08:31:49 PM

Can the bbp xmrig be compiled with CUDA (nvidia)? This miner is intentionally only CPU right?

Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 09:28:57 PM

I have 16gb total.  Task manager is showing the miner is using 2.3gb for a single thread.

On a side note the only strange problem I see from your machine so far, is your machine constantly reconnects (about once every 10 minutes), authorizes in the pool successfully, we get your BBP address and Monero address (the correct ones) successfully and give you something to mine, but then we never hear from your machine again (it basically never knows when it solves a BBP share).  So either it discards the reply, or, it cant contact us with a solution.  Since you dont see rejects on your screen, it sounds as if its not really mining on the bbp side.

I did extend the pool server timeout to 10 minutes to try to accomodate that behavior and it appears that did not help your case.

In the mean time is there any way you can try windows mining from another machine, just to ensure that it fails only on one machine?  That will help isolating network issues and binary issues.

Tried from another machine, no change in behavior.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 10:05:42 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:11:48 AM by mprep

Can the bbp xmrig be compiled with CUDA (nvidia)? This miner is intentionally only CPU right?

This miner already comes with the CUDA code, compiled in it, and afaik its ready to run on GPUs of most every kind (AMD & Nvidia) if you enable the switches.

But know that running randomx on video cards is slightly slower than on the CPU (one of the main reasons we ended up going with this, as that should protect us in the future).

There is a study in a pdf - I think its embedded in the source code - with hash speeds per architecture and video cards.
There is a github discussion between the randomx developers talking about how to hose the video cards.

Anyway the idea is, the randomx algo picks the machine language for your platform and runs it with a JIT compiler, so everyone is pretty much "equal".
People with more RAM have an edge, but the RAM is also taken into account with cost of ownership too.

What are the huge pages and 1gb pages in your miner?  They both show as unavailable for me.

Anyway, my numbers arent exactly correct but I believe you need 1 gig of ram per huge page.  The miner will automatically use them if it can.

I believe you need 256meg of free ram per thread, minimum.  How much ram does your machine have?

I have 16gb total.  Task manager is showing the miner is using 2.3gb for a single thread.

On a side note the only strange problem I see from your machine so far, is your machine constantly reconnects (about once every 10 minutes), authorizes in the pool successfully, we get your BBP address and Monero address (the correct ones) successfully and give you something to mine, but then we never hear from your machine again (it basically never knows when it solves a BBP share).  So either it discards the reply, or, it cant contact us with a solution.  Since you dont see rejects on your screen, it sounds as if its not really mining on the bbp side.

In the mean time is there any way you can try windows mining from another machine, just to ensure that it fails only on one machine?  That will help isolating network issues and binary issues.

Hmm, that really points to your network then, I would think, since its not happening with anyone else yet.

The good news is since we are only on block #2, we can still try to figure other things out.

Do you have any strange networking setup, like VPN, and are your machines running any proxies, I mean do the tcp packets flow straight out of the LAN through a normal router?

Anyway, my numbers arent exactly correct but I believe you need 1 gig of ram per huge page.  The miner will automatically use them if it can.

I believe you need 256meg of free ram per thread, minimum.  How much ram does your machine have?

On a side note the only strange problem I see from your machine so far, is your machine constantly reconnects (about once every 10 minutes), authorizes in the pool successfully, we get your BBP address and Monero address (the correct ones) successfully and give you something to mine, but then we never hear from your machine again (it basically never knows when it solves a BBP share).  So either it discards the reply, or, it cant contact us with a solution.  Since you dont see rejects on your screen, it sounds as if its not really mining on the bbp side.

In the mean time is there any way you can try windows mining from another machine, just to ensure that it fails only on one machine?  That will help isolating network issues and binary issues.

Hmm, that really points to your network then, I would think, since its not happening with anyone else yet.

The good news is since we are only on block #2, we can still try to figure other things out.

Do you have any strange networking setup, like VPN, and are your machines running any proxies, I mean do the tcp packets flow straight out of the LAN through a normal router?

2nd question, also, do you have all windows boxes or have you also tried the linux version by any chance?

Praise Jesus, we just solved the second RX block!

Diff has dropped to 2033!

Should help us much more on the next.

Ill investigate to see if it was solo.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 10:11:11 PM

2nd question, also, do you have all windows boxes or have you also tried the linux version by any chance?

Nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of.  All my PCs are connected to our router via WiFi, and the router is connected directly to Cox internet service.  I'll check the router firewall and see if there's anything funky in there.

No Linux boxes, all Windows.
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 10:14:34 PM

Question - what IP address / URL does the miner attempt to connect to when it reports a share?  I can try pinging it to see if it's blocked.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 10:19:07 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:12:39 AM by mprep

Question - what IP address / URL does the miner attempt to connect to when it reports a share?  I can try pinging it to see if it's blocked.

You can telnet to it, which is slightly better because Ping can be blocked.

telnet rx.biblepay.org 3001

You should get a blank screen.

And Im not sure if you can try this, but if you can, it would be really helpful to try to run a cat5 cable from a hub to the miner and just try mining that way (in contrast to wifi) just to see if it alleviates the network problem.

Ill keep thinking...

One other thing; if you try a static IP setting on your miner and set google as the DNS : 8.8.8.8, with a static IP, and try disabling ipv6.  It could be that we dont support ipv6 yet.  If you keep ipv4 on there checked, that will force all packets through ipv4.

Note about the old pool : nomp.biblepay.org

I will bring it up again and keep it on until it pays out the old balances.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 10:28:37 PM

I got a blank screen initially, then I got this after a few seconds:

{"id":null,"method":"mining.notify","params":["14c",null,"1000005003dbc560105aec1b1ec3f7572205fbd72c17510fdada48fd853ce238cc14830ee3ed544 7a24bdc3e16ee160180480c7e1302bbece9d4916ccdbfa46c6a1bd076e5da7b5ee4a6011c000000 00","0e8314cc38e23c85fd48dada0f51172cd7fb052257f7c31e1bec5a1060c5db03",null,"00000000","1c01a6e4","5e7bdae5",false,"5e7bd65c"]}                                                                                 
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2020, 10:32:23 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:13:00 AM by mprep

{"id":null,"method":"mining.notify","params":["14c",null,"1000005003dbc560105aec1b1ec3f7572205fbd72c17510fdada48fd853ce238cc14830ee3ed544 7a24bdc3e16ee160180480c7e1302bbece9d4916ccdbfa46c6a1bd076e5da7b5ee4a6011c000000 00","0e8314cc38e23c85fd48dada0f51172cd7fb052257f7c31e1bec5a1060c5db03",null,"00000000","1c01a6e4","5e7bdae5",false,"5e7bd65c"]}                                                                                 

Yeah, you can connect.  If you can try the other two things that might help.  Ill try to think of other things we can do.

Yeah, you can connect.  If you can try the other two things that might help.  Ill try to think of other things we can do.

How about right clicking on the bbp-xmrig.exe miner, and ensuring it is "unblocked" and Run as Administrator is checked?
Could possibly be network stack blocked at app level.

Then restart the mining batch file.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 12:05:29 AM

Praise Jesus, we just solved the second RX block!

Diff has dropped to 2033!

Should help us much more on the next.

Ill investigate to see if it was solo.

Very good. All the pending mempool tx got confirmed, so that's good. I have some backlog on sunpool that I need to payout, so good to see blockchain is working and fully in sync. Smiley

Borgholio

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 01:02:17 AM

How about right clicking on the bbp-xmrig.exe miner, and ensuring it is "unblocked" and Run as Administrator is checked?

And I only have one other suggestion before we do things like wireshark.

Try adding "--keepalive" to the end of the params.

Unfortunately I tried --verbose logging, and it will not actually give us enough info to help diagnose a packet submission.  (I also tried verbose logging to file).

--keepalive doesn't work either.  Is it possible to solo mine with the miner?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 02:28:44 AM

Unfortunately I tried --verbose logging, and it will not actually give us enough info to help diagnose a packet submission.  (I also tried verbose logging to file).

Not from xmrig, no, you can only solo mine from the core client.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 03:01:34 AM

May I know what the new link (CLI mode) is for the new version 1.5.0.7 in linux?
Borgholio

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 03:18:49 AM

Well I'm out of ideas.  Tried downgrading to 5.6.2 and no luck.  Even tried using my phone as a mobile hotspot to see if an entirely different internet connection would work, but it didn't.  The strange thing is, I actually DID see my BBP address on the pool page for about half an hour this afternoon after I got back from running some errands, but it vanished since then and hasn't come back.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 11:34:40 AM

Well I'm out of ideas.  Tried downgrading to 5.6.2 and no luck.  Even tried using my phone as a mobile hotspot to see if an entirely different internet connection would work, but it didn't.  The strange thing is, I actually DID see my BBP address on the pool page for about half an hour this afternoon after I got back from running some errands, but it vanished since then and hasn't come back.

What happened with the right clicking of the exe and setting run as administrator checkbox and unblock?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 01:31:31 PM

rx.biblepay.org first bbp block solved i belive!
Height 184688
Looking good.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: