Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:56:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243126 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 02:18:53 PM

last Smart Contract Reward was 184520, next will be be 184725 . We are at 184,692. About 33 more blocks to go. For anyone wondering why you haven't gotten your reward yet, it is due to the mining algorithm cutover and the delay in finding blocks in the last 24 hours. This is normal, and is starting to settle down.

Rob, do you have any conversion ratios between PoBH and this dual mining XMR difficult? Would you say XMR is 100x-200x more difficult than PoBH? How do we interpret the new difficulty levels? How do you see this impacting payout for sanctuaries and miners? Should be higher amounts on the BBP side?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Borgholio

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 02:27:23 PM

Question - what IP address / URL does the miner attempt to connect to when it reports a share?  I can try pinging it to see if it's blocked.

You can telnet to it, which is slightly better because Ping can be blocked.

telnet rx.biblepay.org 3001

You should get a blank screen.

I got a blank screen initially, then I got this after a few seconds:

{"id":null,"method":"mining.notify","params":["14c",null,"1000005003dbc560105aec1b1ec3f7572205fbd72c17510fdada48fd853ce238cc14830ee3ed544 7a24bdc3e16ee160180480c7e1302bbece9d4916ccdbfa46c6a1bd076e5da7b5ee4a6011c000000 00","0e8314cc38e23c85fd48dada0f51172cd7fb052257f7c31e1bec5a1060c5db03",null,"00000000","1c01a6e4","5e7bdae5",false,"5e7bd65c"]}                                                                                 

Yeah, you can connect.  If you can try the other two things that might help.  Ill try to think of other things we can do.

How about right clicking on the bbp-xmrig.exe miner, and ensuring it is "unblocked" and Run as Administrator is checked?
Could possibly be network stack blocked at app level.

Then restart the mining batch file.

And I only have one other suggestion before we do things like wireshark.

Try adding "--keepalive" to the end of the params.

Unfortunately I tried --verbose logging, and it will not actually give us enough info to help diagnose a packet submission.  (I also tried verbose logging to file).

--keepalive doesn't work either.  Is it possible to solo mine with the miner?

Not from xmrig, no, you can only solo mine from the core client.

Well I'm out of ideas.  Tried downgrading to 5.6.2 and no luck.  Even tried using my phone as a mobile hotspot to see if an entirely different internet connection would work, but it didn't.  The strange thing is, I actually DID see my BBP address on the pool page for about half an hour this afternoon after I got back from running some errands, but it vanished since then and hasn't come back.

What happened with the right clicking of the exe and setting run as administrator checkbox and unblock?

Unfortunately nothing.  The only thing that running as admin did is allow me to enable huge pages.
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 02:45:45 PM

rx.biblepay.org first bbp block solved i belive!
Height 184688
Looking good.  Grin
Yes, I'm looking at the pool and everything looks normal now.

In hindsight, I wish we would have hardcoded a "50" starting diff for the cutover height, but, that idea wasnt really entertained.  NOTE TO US: Remember that next time.

So the solo miners solved the first 5, then we had a pool block, then the solo miners solved another one, now we have two more pool blocks.

NOTE that I believe the pool has overtaken the solo miners; we will see over the next 100 blocks very clearly as we go; I believe as more RX hashpower comes in from Monero, there will be no way to solo mine a block (when our core diff rises above 20 or so again).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
robo2

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 02:58:23 PM

I mined for 9 hours (500kH) stop at 5 am(gmt +1) because of 0 coins in wallet until now. What is wrong? My adress was created in 2018
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 02:59:54 PM

** New XMR Miner Reward **

Let's raise the new XMR heat miner reward to 11,000 BBP:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=503.msg7138#msg7138

Note, the forum page was locked, so if anyone wants to try again please re-post.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 03:47:19 PM

Hello all,

I discovered yesterday that the mandatory upgrade was taking place and upgraded my wallet and also my masternode. Everything went smoothly. Smiley

Just a couple of quick questions:
1. What is gonna happen to PODC now? Is it (going to be) deprecated, or continuing as before? Is there some kind of prognosis about the profitability PODC vs. BBB/XMR RandomX?

2. My wallet now shows the following versionreport:
Code:
{
  "Version": "Popularity,Percent %",
  "1487": "188; 91.70%",
  "1507": "17; 8.29%"
}
What does that mean for the masternode payments, if currently not even 10% of masternodes are on the right chain?

3. I tried the NOMP pool for RandomX and it works just fine for me (except that my Win10 machine has its RAM too crowded to provide huge pages *lol*). The pool pays matured blocks right away, that means it doesn't collect any balances up to a payout level, right? Is the payout method the same for BBP and XMR?  (not that I'm expecting much of a payout anyway with my 2 CPUs Cheesy)

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! Smiley

God bless you all in these troublesome times.
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 03:55:59 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2020, 04:56:15 PM by eternalenvoy

Hello all,

I discovered yesterday that the mandatory upgrade was taking place and upgraded my wallet and also my masternode. Everything went smoothly. Smiley

1. What is gonna happen to PODC now? Is it (going to be) deprecated, or continuing as before? Is there some kind of prognosis about the profitability PODC vs. BBB/XMR RandomX?

Code:
{
}
What does that mean for the masternode payments, if currently not even 10% of masternodes are on the right chain?

3. I tried the NOMP pool for RandomX and it works just fine for me (except that my Win10 machine has its RAM too crowded to provide huge pages *lol*). The pool pays matured blocks right away, that means it doesn't collect any balances up to a payout level, right? Is the payout method the same for BBP and XMR?  (not that I'm expecting much of a payout anyway with my 2 CPUs Cheesy)

I have the same question what you mentioned.

In addition, use https://biblepay.org/biblepayd-evo-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
to get the 1507 version, but the biblepayd is crashed / forced to stop after a few seconds ... even delete all data to a new wallet.
I don't know what happened..

Edited:
Use Build BiblePay method is solved the problem and running normal.
It seems something went wrong with the compiled version?
Thanks
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 04:33:09 PM

Hello all,

Code:
{
}

3. I tried the NOMP pool for RandomX and it works just fine for me (except that my Win10 machine has its RAM too crowded to provide huge pages *lol*). The pool pays matured blocks right away, that means it doesn't collect any balances up to a payout level, right? Is the payout method the same for BBP and XMR?  (not that I'm expecting much of a payout anyway with my 2 CPUs Cheesy)

Hi Dave,

-> We don't have plans to retire PODC at all, impho I really like it too.    It makes half of our mining "green" and the other half "heat" roughly.  We have a breakdown of 30% for GSC, 20% governance, 25% sanc and 25% heat.  If RX is a success I could see us lowering POOM (which is 40% of the GSC budget) and moving that to RX, and having RX pay for the POOM expenses.  Then later, if its ever more of a success we regroup and consider moving some of the percentages from PODC to RX - but only if we see our price rising due to the success of RX, etc.  We have to go with what makes us successful.  But for now, we have plenty of room for improvements in other areas.

Code:
{
}

->  The versionreport actually reports the last 205 blocks, and since we have had a slow chain for 24 hours, its not up to date yet.  Please run it in 12 more hours.
But I can say this, we must have had a successful upgrade because after the cutover height everyone before 1507 is kicked off. 

-> The payment you got was probably from the legacy pool; rx.biblepay.org still pays out after the block has matured, so we have another 105 blocks to go then you should see a payment from that pool.  I did change the address to a new wallet so it should show a distinct trail (as we started from scratch with RX).

God bless you too.

Let me know if I forgot to answer something.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 05:29:19 PM

I don't have a comparison ratio handy for XMR vs PODC yet.  I think we can do that, once we get a little more XMR info.  Maybe we should wait a week then make one.  Maybe Sun would like to pick that up as it sounds like it would be very useful if he had some type of updating page, like a payout calculator for one vs the other etc.

I am updating a reward.csv daily and making charts from it. I'm not familiar with XMR so much. My Q2 is extremely full, so I may observe and thinking about it before I actually attempt an ROI calculator. But perhaps a break-even line chart (between sanctuary, podc, heat miner) may work too. Like I previously asked about PoDC RAC to BBP ratio, it is not easy to pull because all the gsc payments are combined for each user. Perhaps if each campaign is paid separately and having unique decimals (like 1527 is for DWS angel number) then I imagine it'd be easier to pull. Anyway, not a big deal, I'm sure I can pull out PoDC RAC to BBP ratio by taking the median value somehow.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ep5G9rG-M460OZYLOd4NHv5sWFDwe_Ow_wop-Fi_SQU/edit#gid=35272442

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 07:14:22 PM

Thank you Rob for your detailed answers. I'm excited to see what the next couple of days hold in store for us. Right now the pool seems to find blocks quite nicely. Wink
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 07:21:09 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2020, 11:14:50 AM by mprep

I don't have a comparison ratio handy for XMR vs PODC yet.  I think we can do that, once we get a little more XMR info.  Maybe we should wait a week then make one.  Maybe Sun would like to pick that up as it sounds like it would be very useful if he had some type of updating page, like a payout calculator for one vs the other etc.

I am updating a reward.csv daily and making charts from it. I'm not familiar with XMR so much. My Q2 is extremely full, so I may observe and thinking about it before I actually attempt an ROI calculator. But perhaps a break-even line chart (between sanctuary, podc, heat miner) may work too. Like I previously asked about PoDC RAC to BBP ratio, it is not easy to pull because all the gsc payments are combined for each user. Perhaps if each campaign is paid separately and having unique decimals (like 1527 is for DWS angel number) then I imagine it'd be easier to pull. Anyway, not a big deal, I'm sure I can pull out PoDC RAC to BBP ratio by taking the median value somehow.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ep5G9rG-M460OZYLOd4NHv5sWFDwe_Ow_wop-Fi_SQU/edit#gid=35272442

These are all nice reports.

Well, maybe I can help over the next week or so.  The 'exec price' command displays Dash and BBP so far.  Ill make an item on my list to add XMR to this command.
Once we have that, we can make another command that gives PODC RAC ratio (RAC->Reward), and then we need yet another call to find out how much each HPS pays from each side of the pool (BBP PPH and XMR PPH).  Then I guess we can consolidate it into something useful.

Thank you Rob for your detailed answers. I'm excited to see what the next couple of days hold in store for us. Right now the pool seems to find blocks quite nicely. Wink

Yeah, this RX is kind of funny in that we have double the pool miners already and our diff has gone from 5000 to .26.

Its amazing how low the diff is for 2.3 mh/s.

Learning from the past, apparently harder is better.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 08:26:07 PM

Haven't received podc rewards since updating the wallet.  Are they simply delayed?  Thanks!
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 09:26:10 PM

Haven't received podc rewards since updating the wallet.  Are they simply delayed?  Thanks!

They were delayed approx 20 hours due to the slow chain, but, paid 11 blocks ago.

block 184725

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 09:49:16 PM

These are all nice reports.

Well, maybe I can help over the next week or so.  The 'exec price' command displays Dash and BBP so far.  Ill make an item on my list to add XMR to this command.
Once we have that, we can make another command that gives PODC RAC ratio (RAC->Reward), and then we need yet another call to find out how much each HPS pays from each side of the pool (BBP PPH and XMR PPH).  Then I guess we can consolidate it into something useful.

re: exec price - i've been getting data daily from coingecko, so I could probably pull in other altcoins easily.

the podc rac to bbp ratio will definitely help immensely.

pool hash rate to bbp and xmr earnings would be amazing!

Roman29

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 10:24:56 PM

Hello. How to choose a miner in HiveOS for mining BBP on the RandomX algorithm
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2020, 10:51:07 PM

Hello. How to choose a miner in HiveOS for mining BBP on the RandomX algorithm

I believe first we would need Hive to add us to the custom OS binary links:

https://hiveos.farm/getting_started-start_custom_miner

If anyone out there would like to take this on and make the request, ask Hive to add our linux binary (I assume hiveos generally runs on ubuntu) and optionally follow through to see if it works etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
darevanreed

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 11:13:45 AM

Hallo,

Is the pool dead? Only getting XMR charity jobs at the moment...
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 11:19:22 AM

Hallo,

Same here, must be a glitch with the BBP daemon. Will come back up soon. Solo miners, enjoy this brief session of luck Smiley
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 11:51:01 AM

Hallo,

Same here, must be a glitch with the BBP daemon. Will come back up soon. Solo miners, enjoy this brief session of luck Smiley

Hmmm, I see an error in the log, something about work queue depth exceeded.

Ill restart it and look into the root cause today.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
haladez

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 11:58:01 AM

I was worrying already that I might be on a fork since I got 8 blocks within the last 6 hours.
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: