Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:43:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN] TOKENPAY ⚡ SCAMMED 1 MILLION $ FROM BOUNTY AND REFERRAL PROGRAM ⚡  (Read 60342 times)
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:43:12 PM

The UI is open source from Shadowcoin. Is Spectrecoin trying to take credit for this? TokenPay already acknowledges this in their whitepaper.

TokenPay has Sunerok the lead developer of Verge and are well known internet entrepreneurs heavily connected to every major online industry where a coin like this is designed to be used.

Lets face it, Spectrecoin has nobody. No team, no backing, no marketing ability. It will never go anywhere.

I spoke to the CEO of TokenPay yesterday and they are already designing a new wallet UI and making massive tech improvements. They released the Android app yesterday and are developing an iOS.

Look guys, it is apples and oranges to compare TokenPay to Spectrecoin.

Comparing apples to oranges is easy.  They're both sweet.  One is citric.  One has an inedible skin. etc. 
Know what's really easy?  Comparing an apple to a picture of that same apple.  This is closer to what we are looking at, at this point.

Look.

TokenPay's wallet is CLEARLY not a copy of the Shadowcash wallet and I'm fairly convinced at this point that people saying that it IS are being disingenuous.  I'm going to make a precautionary post because this is something that should be noted in the community.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
Hanna_Money

Activity: 462
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:47:20 PM

Good evening everyone! I was interested in this coin! Decided to join the subscription. Are you taking the girl into your ranks?
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:55:43 PM

Crazy price!
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:42:31 PM

Whenever I see fud on a project I start to buy more. But hey , thanks for this little storm. Cool Cool Cool

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
vladnor

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:31:56 PM

Developers were even too lazy to change the design completely copied an already existing and evolving project Spectrecoin  Grin. Clear from the outset that it is hard TOKENPAY Scam. It's a divorce people for money - beware!!!
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:12:41 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 07:43:40 PM by trainasauruswrecks

Whenever I see fud on a project I start to buy more. But hey , thanks for this little storm. Cool Cool Cool

I always get a little disappointed when I see a "legendary" member misuse FUD.  Fear Uncertainty and Doubt are not what's being spread here.

1.  No reason to be afraid.  If you are aware of the disingenuous nature of a project and are fearless enough to take it head on with your wallet.  Go ahead.

2.  I'm quite certain now that this is a re brand of a current, and what I presume, is active wallet.  This group did nothing.  They took existing tech and dolled up some info graphics and are going to use marketing to sell something that's already awesome and cheap for a ridiculously high price.

3.  The only thing I doubt about this project is that they have done work on their own.

But I addressed my concerns with a representative above.  Hopefully Derek will get back with us on this.  Perhaps it's not what it appears to be and is just a coincidence.

srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:18:48 PM

So you make no effort to check the facts of a dispute, nor take into account the history and character of the individuals raising the objections (whether or not they have a history spreading FUD).

Let me know how that bury-your-head-in-the-sand approach to investing works out for you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
vipervs

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:26:24 PM

This is ridiculous how easy it is to make a lot of money for nothing.

...just copy any existing project, put a bunch of marketing in and BÄM you will earn money on all these crypto newbs who are joining every day after BTC Hype....

Tokenpay is selling a cheap copy of Spectrecoin for 7$/coin !!!!!

Spectrecoin is 0.36$/coin and it is the source of this project.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

This is no FUD its REAL Data you can look up.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:09:06 PM

Hello,

I'm new to Crypto.
Please support with an advice or a link if was discussed also in the past.

I want to buy some TokenPay.Got my wallet installed,adress available and added on the Tpay site (added with succes)+ the order reserv of 0.X btc amount that will give xx Tokens.
I don't have a clue how to proceed.Where should i transfer my 0.X btc(availalble on an exchange site) so i can convert it into Tpay based on my reservation.

Please give me an advice(something like noob step by step  Grin).

Thank you in advance

Better to buy this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0
It's cheaper and better.
TokenPay just a clon creating for hype.

Absolutely agree with you!
Spectrecoin XSPEC is a fully working product, has a strong community and is dynamically developing.
only a fool can buy it, smart investors will buy - Spectrecoin

Spectrecoin XSPEC - an excellent project.

Interesting aspect you've put on the wall:)...Considering i've only requested a how to buy advice Smiley I still need it please (50-50 purchase is always good as time will say how the growth will be)

A compare between those two project will be interesting also(short one)

Thank you

Go to the dashboard.  Enter the amount of BTC your going to send.  Click get  tpay button.  A new screen will give you the address to send to.  Once sent, click the confirm button.  All done....

EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:54:02 PM

As long as we're talking about 'data you can look up', there is some irony here, as others have also pointed out: SpectreCoin is itself an 'improved' version of ShadowCash, and was unpopular with the SDC community at the time of its first development (e.g., http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#History). In that light, TokenPay's choice to copy both ShadowCash and SpectreCoin and develop a bigger vision (debit card, bank, etc.) may be shady, but it's definitely precedented.

At this point, as investors, the question is really which 'version' of SpectreCoin is more likely to succeed in the long term.

On the negative side, TokenPay copied code and may be less familiar with it for now. Until they 'make it their own', they will be less prepared to deal with problems as they arise. There is also concern about the integrity of a team that doesn't disclose all of this, and that deliberately ignores the two projects that are most similar to it (XSPEC and PIVX) in its comparison charts. On the positive side, TokenPay has an ambitious roadmap (debit card, bank, etc.) and claims to have a relatively large team, so IF the plan is truthful and IF they succeed in getting the project going, we have to acknowledge that there is real potential here. If it really is SpectreCoin but with more ambition and better marketing, then it may well be a worthwhile investment.

On the positive side, SpectreCoin (XSPEC) has more experience with the code, is currently better equipped to deal with problems that might arise, and has a longer-established plan. They are further along in their development. On the negative side, XSPEC has a less ambitious plan, raised relatively little in their ICO (i.e., development funds), and has shown less (so far, at least) interest in marketing themselves effectively.

So: do the potential strengths and ambitions of TokenPay outweigh the concerns, and do they support a price of > $5/token vs. < $0.40/token for XSPEC? If you believe that the value proposition of TokenPay is more than 10x greater than that of SpectreCoin, then this ICO is well worth considering. If not, then it isn't.

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:22:05 AM

is tokenpay imply  tor+OBFS4 that same as Spectrecoin(XSPEC) as well?

Full blown copied SpectreCoin tech.
Good luck ICO.

Proove me wrong

You can already dowloand it from the official website

https://spectreproject.io/download/

XSPEC currently costs about 0,4$

Yeah really interesting information, but it's not clear who had stolen the idea from anyone or who first announced it, when the XSPEC project was launched or is it just in the process?
Tokenpay's whitepaper did not include spectre as a credentials. Meaning to say, it does not came from spectre's idea. We cannot appoint anyone of them who had stolen this feature. Tokenpay started on 2010, so I think tokenpay had already idea about that before they began to make a project.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:27:39 AM

As long as we're talking about 'data you can look up', there is some irony here, as others have also pointed out: SpectreCoin is itself an 'improved' version of ShadowCash, and was unpopular with the SDC community at the time of its first development (e.g., http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#History). In that light, TokenPay's choice to copy both ShadowCash and SpectreCoin and develop a bigger vision (debit card, bank, etc.) may be shady, but it's definitely precedented.

At this point, as investors, the question is really which 'version' of SpectreCoin is more likely to succeed in the long term.

On the negative side, TokenPay copied code and may be less familiar with it for now. Until they 'make it their own', they will be less prepared to deal with problems as they arise. There is also concern about the integrity of a team that doesn't disclose all of this, and that deliberately ignores the two projects that are most similar to it (XSPEC and PIVX) in its comparison charts. On the positive side, TokenPay has an ambitious roadmap (debit card, bank, etc.) and claims to have a relatively large team, so IF the plan is truthful and IF they succeed in getting the project going, we have to acknowledge that there is real potential here. If it really is SpectreCoin but with more ambition and better marketing, then it may well be a worthwhile investment.

On the positive side, SpectreCoin (XSPEC) has more experience with the code, is currently better equipped to deal with problems that might arise, and has a longer-established plan. They are further along in their development. On the negative side, XSPEC has a less ambitious plan, raised relatively little in their ICO (i.e., development funds), and has shown less (so far, at least) interest in marketing themselves effectively.

So: do the potential strengths and ambitions of TokenPay outweigh the concerns, and do they support a price of > $5/token vs. < $0.40/token for XSPEC? If you believe that the value proposition of TokenPay is more than 10x greater than that of SpectreCoin, then this ICO is well worth considering. If not, then it isn't.

Eleanor has a very good assessment.  As it stands marketing can be king.  I think the asking price is exorbitant but honestly if they are able to use Spectre technology effectively then it could be a good investment, for sure.  It concerns me that Derek said they had to bring in an outside team to repair the wallet.  I'd still like to see the code AND an actual response to my previous posted concerns.  Perhaps Derek can also explain why SPECTRECOIN was not credited nor compared.  It uses a very similar chart to SPECTRECOIN but with SPECTRECOIN replaced. 

I guess the bright side of this is that I'm aware of SPECTRECOIN now and have a stake.  The downside being that it's possible that this is going to be more successful due to marketing but the longterm investment may fall off because they don't know their own technology.

EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:18:19 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 01:41:27 AM by EleanorZ

Tokenpay's whitepaper did not include spectre as a credentials. Meaning to say, it does not came from spectre's idea. We cannot appoint anyone of them who had stolen this feature. Tokenpay started on 2010, so I think tokenpay had already idea about that before they began to make a project.

Those are two separate issues. The 2010 'TokenPay' wasn't blockchain based; it was just an idea that failed to get off the ground. But the idea hung around, and in 2017 a group of people got together and applied elements of the original TokenPay vision to blockchain technology. So on the one hand you have the high-level idea for TokenPay, which did indeed originate in 2010 (according to the whitepaper); on the other hand you have the specific technology that is now, after 7 years, being used to realize that idea. That technology was only applied to the idea in 2017, and the technology was, indeed, copied over from a combination of ShadowCash and SpectreCoin. Basically, they needed a blockchain on which to run the TokenPay idea (bank, exchange, etc.), and rather than building their own they chose to copy existing tech. No one is saying they copied SpectreCoin's vision per se; they're saying that TokenPay is realizing their own vision by exploiting the work of others. And again, that is a separate question from whether this represents a good investment.

To be honest TokenPay feels like it's rather cleverly taking advantage of the massive influx of new investors who have been attracted by the BTC spike, but know nothing about crypto in general. The branding and whitepaper are very focussed around the 'Bitcoin on steroids' message--like, oh boy, we've taken Bitcoin, you know, that thing that you heard about in the news, and made it even better! That sounds very exciting indeed if you don't know about the literally thousands of projects that have come and gone over the past several years, or the fact that there are many other privacy-oriented tokens (XSPEC? PIVX? Never heard of 'em!), blockchain-based bank/exchange/debit ideas, and so on. It annoys me that people are so ignorant, but at the same time it's also a comment on how bad most cryptos are at branding and self-promotion. I can't really begrudge the TokenPay team for taking advantage of that. If TokenPay does succeed at the expense of other projects that came earlier and do the same thing but failed to market themselves, well, it's a dick move by TokenPay but ultimately the others will have only themselves to blame.
trainasauruswrecks

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:53:07 AM

Those are two separate issues. The 2010 'TokenPay' wasn't blockchain based; it was just an idea that failed to get off the ground. But the idea hung around, and in 2017 a group of people got together and applied elements of the original TokenPay vision to blockchain technology. So on the one hand you have the high-level idea for TokenPay, which did indeed originate in 2010 (according to the whitepaper); on the other hand you have the specific technology that is now, after 7 years, being used to realize that idea. That technology was only applied to the idea in 2017, and the technology was, indeed, copied over from a combination of ShadowCash and SpectreCoin. Basically, they needed a blockchain on which to run the TokenPay idea (bank, exchange, etc.), and rather than building their own they chose to copy existing tech. No one is saying they copied SpectreCoin's vision per se; they're saying that TokenPay is realizing their own vision by exploiting the work of others. And again, that is a separate question from whether this represents a good investment.

To be honest TokenPay feels like it's rather cleverly taking advantage of the massive influx of new investors who have been attracted by the BTC spike, but know nothing about crypto in general. The branding and whitepaper are very focussed around the 'Bitcoin on steroids' message--like, oh boy, we've taken Bitcoin, you know, that thing that you heard about in the news, and made it even better! That sounds very exciting indeed if you don't know about the literally thousands of projects that have come and gone over the past several years, or the fact that there are many other privacy-oriented tokens (XSPEC? PIVX? Never heard of 'em!), blockchain-based bank/exchange/debit ideas, and so on. It annoys me that people are so ignorant, but at the same time it's also a comment on how bad most cryptos are at branding and self-promotion. I can't really begrudge the TokenPay team for taking advantage of that. If TokenPay does succeed at the expense of other projects that came earlier and do the same thing but failed to market themselves, well, it's a dick move by TokenPay but ultimately the others will have only themselves to blame.

The rarity of sensical discussion on this forum.  Man, I find you refreshing.

dminvest

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:34:15 AM

All became clear to me after the words torus and a debit card with the banks. And to copy other people's ideas is a bad idea. Project Scam

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol  ●  Available on Bisq.io
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
Adnan Saleem

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:26:02 AM

BREAKING NEWS - UPDATE TO PRICE

Due to the rising of Bitcoin, our CEO has made the executive decision to lower the cost of TokenPay coins to 1 TPAY = 0.0003 BTC, therefore 1 BTC = 3,000 TPAY.
Buyers will still get 100% Bonuses in the 1st week. 😀

Reference: https://twitter.com/tokenpay/status/938758235456262144
Adnan Saleem

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:23:37 AM

American entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and author, Nova Spivack, interviews TokenPay's CEO Derek Capo @derekcapo.  Watch:
at: /DYE6oYFYew]https:/[Suspicious link removed]/DYE6oYFYew

Reference: https://twitter.com/tokenpay/status/938910117952737280
1baba_yega_2018

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:10:18 PM

Hello,

I'm new to Crypto.
Please support with an advice or a link if was discussed also in the past.

I want to buy some TokenPay.Got my wallet installed,adress available and added on the Tpay site (added with succes)+ the order reserv of 0.X btc amount that will give xx Tokens.
I don't have a clue how to proceed.Where should i transfer my 0.X btc(availalble on an exchange site) so i can convert it into Tpay based on my reservation.

Please give me an advice(something like noob step by step  Grin).

Thank you in advance

Better to buy this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0
It's cheaper and better.
TokenPay just a clon creating for hype.

Absolutely agree with you!
Spectrecoin XSPEC is a fully working product, has a strong community and is dynamically developing.
only a fool can buy it, smart investors will buy - Spectrecoin

Spectrecoin XSPEC - an excellent project.

Interesting aspect you've put on the wall:)...Considering i've only requested a how to buy advice Smiley I still need it please (50-50 purchase is always good as time will say how the growth will be)

A compare between those two project will be interesting also(short one)

Thank you

Go to the dashboard.  Enter the amount of BTC your going to send.  Click get  tpay button.  A new screen will give you the address to send to.  Once sent, click the confirm button.  All done....

THANK YOU !
nelson4lov

Activity: 2114
Merit: 796

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:12:20 PM

TokenPay ICO Is LIVE! Get 100% Bonus Today!

The TokenPay ICO is up and running with over 82.7 BTC raised!  Don't miss the opportunity to maximize your profits with 100% bonus TPAY tokens when you participate in the ICO from now until 14th December, 2017.

Join The TokenPay ICO Today, Goto: https://www.tokenpay.com/register

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:09:57 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 06:03:04 PM by HippiePyro

1 question for you Derek, I see you Dodge it several times in this thread. Aside from the name, what are the technical differences between Tokenpay and Spectrecoin?

From what I can see you guys have cloned a old version of Spectrecoin (not shadowcash) for the QT wallet. Cloned coinomi for your mobile wallet. And your source code has not be made available for public review.n You do have some decent marketing but that is all. Spectrecoin may lack marketing for now but that's because they are working on their product instead of promises.
 "zero-knowledge proofs, stealth addresses, encrypted chat and a full Tor network integration". All of these are Spectrecoin features. Which you have because you have copied the code from what I see. You even copy their infographics and just change your name.
It's even cool that you copied Spectrecoin, it is truly open source. But to not give them credit and to shame them says so much about your character. I read your whitepaper. 70 pages of plagiarism and promises.
This is essentially just another fork pump and dump coin off of genuine project, Spectrecoin. I can't see why anyone would invest money in this nonsense. Anyone with half a brain could see through the lies being perpetrated by this scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: