Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shellbunner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:32:42 AM

Anyone else notice the bad luck we are having finding blocks on miningpool.co?

I was noticing that it was very slow too.  I was wondering if it's just bad luck or if somethings going on with the pool.

yeah

Estimate (24h Avg.)    456.34 MEC / 24 Hours
Mined (Last 24 Hours)    82.61444839 MEC

it probably has to do with the pool being only 1/6th of the network hashrate

Hopefully ethought can chime in and let us know if everything is ok with the pool. We've had similar hashrates all week, and today is the only day with really low block rewards. Something is odd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:54:40 AM

I would also love to hear from Kimoto as to what he has been up to recently, but I assume he is working on implementing ZC?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:58:08 AM

I like the fact that MEC is referred to as Carolina Credits Huh What reference???

and Anoncoin is referred to as A Lennon Coin WTF???
   "Carolina credits (MEC) market
   A Lennon credits (ANC) market"

-digeros

Releasing in a few hours is the Official Chinese Website.

Megacoin phonetically in Mandarin is 美卡币.

By definition, these characters can mean:
美 - Beautiful, Perfect, America
卡 - Block, Card, Credit Card
币 - Currency, Money, Coin

Have a nice day!  Smiley  -Dr Kimoto Chan
I believe it's just google translate grabbing the first appropriate word? 'Carolina' instead of 'Credit' or 'Currency'

Not too sure.

Yes it must be a faulty translator,  
No disrespect meant on my part Dr. Chan.  

Thank you for the lovely translations of your ancient and complex language.  So an appropriate translation would instead have Mega or Large pictogram IMHO.  but as it stands now it translates to Beautiful Block Coin or Perfect Block Coin.  I would vote for Beautiful Block Coin because of the glorious and beautiful way blocks are steadily produced no matter the network hashrate fluctuations thanks to the mysterious and highly effective Gravity Well algo.

PS. Not to mention how odd it is to me that the pictogram for 美 - Beautiful, Perfect, America is all the same...Huh  unfortunately, America is neither Perfect nor Beautiful these days, IMHO.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:58:12 AM

I was noticing that it was very slow too.  I was wondering if it's just bad luck or if somethings going on with the pool.

yeah

Hopefully ethought can chime in and let us know if everything is ok with the pool. We've had similar hashrates all week, and today is the only day with really low block rewards. Something is odd.

Something doesn't feel right, hopefully things will break loose and we will start to see more frequent blocks. The network hash rate, and difficulty has stayed relatively high. Maybe we are just going through an area of low block density. I know most of us are spoiled after all the great mining lately.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:11:15 AM

I would also love to hear from Kimoto as to what he has been up to recently, but I assume he is working on implementing ZC?

Kimoto did say a while back that he would have more news on ZC soon. From past experience I think it's safe to assume whatever he is finally implements, it will be his own special version that is vastly superior to what anyone expected.   
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 01:18:28 AM

yeah

Something doesn't feel right, hopefully things will break loose and we will start to see more frequent blocks. The network hash rate, and difficulty has stayed relatively high. Maybe we are just going through an area of low block density. I know most of us are spoiled after all the great mining lately.

Yeah...I think I'll jump ship here for a bit until further notice. Been throwing an 8 MH machine into the pool for the past 18 hours and have received 240 MEC -- about 1/5 what it should have averaged out to. At current value, what I mined doesn't even cover 1/2 of the power cost. That would be some pretty bad luck....

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:29:01 AM

I like the fact that MEC is referred to as Carolina Credits Huh What reference???

-digeros

I believe it's just google translate grabbing the first appropriate word? 'Carolina' instead of 'Credit' or 'Currency'

Not too sure.

Thank you for the lovely translations of your ancient and complex language.  So an appropriate translation would instead have Mega or Large pictogram IMHO.  but as it stands now it translates to Beautiful Block Coin or Perfect Block Coin.  I would vote for Beautiful Block Coin because of the glorious and beautiful way blocks are steadily produced no matter the network hashrate fluctuations thanks to the mysterious and highly effective Gravity Well algo.

PS. Not to mention how odd it is to me that the pictogram for 美 - Beautiful, Perfect, America is all the same...Huh  unfortunately, America is neither Perfect nor Beautiful these days, IMHO.

I think you misunderstand how Chinese works when it comes to writing foreign loan words. They have to use the Chinese characters because that is all they have. You can't just put in the character for "mega" or "large" because it needs to be pronounced somewhat close to what "Mega" sounds like in English. I only speak/read Japanese, so I'm not sure how to pronounce 卡 but I assume it has a sound similar to "ga" in English, because 美 is "mei" in Chinese. That's the only reason it was chosen that way.

digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:41:24 AM

-digeros

Not too sure.

I think you misunderstand how Chinese works when it comes to writing foreign loan words. They have to use the Chinese characters because that is all they have. You can't just put in the character for "mega" or "large" because it needs to be pronounced somewhat close to what "Mega" sounds like in English. I only speak/read Japanese, so I'm not sure how to pronounce 卡 but I assume it has a sound similar to "ga" in English, because 美 is "mei" in Chinese. That's the only reason it was chosen that way.

Are you telling me that they are trying to use pictograms phonetically instead of literally?  -digeros
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:50:30 AM

Finally, a boring trading day on Cryptsy.

Let's see how long the sideways trading lasts.  Those trading bots must be absolutely exhausted...

Grin
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:02:46 AM

Are you telling me that they are trying to use pictograms phonetically instead of literally?  -digeros

Yes, for certain foreign loan words like "cola" or, in this example, "Megacoin".

Take "cola" for instance. There is no Chinese character that means "cola" of course, since such a thing did not exist when Chinese was invented.
So, they use "可乐", which is pronounced Kělè and is as close to "cola" as you can get. The characters themselves have nothing to do with cola or any kind of drink at all though.

sharknutzz

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:11:39 AM

So how do you say "sharknutzz" in Chinese?   Huh
blarg

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:30:37 AM

does anyone here speak Russian?

Russia is about as big as a crypto user and US and China.

Why not have a Russian translated Megacoin website as well???

i think btc-e would like that  Grin
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:33:46 AM

I like watching MEC gain against BTC myself - would like to see BTC gain, and see MEC out-gain it.   Grin

I never thought I would find an alt crypto that has done so well with such little presence relative to other cryptos.

EDIT:  I completely agree, actually I think somebody needs to draw btc-e's attention to MEC.  They are missing out on all of the volume that cryptsy currently conducts.  It would be a nice win to see MEC on btc-e.
ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:42:24 AM

Hey guys, just started mining megacoin and downloaded the wallet but I cant seem to get it to sync.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version 0.8.996 I just never seem to connect to the server.

I think its something I dont have in the .conf file but I have no idea, any help is appreciated.

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:53:08 AM

Hey guys, just started mining megacoin and downloaded the wallet but I cant seem to get it to sync.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version 0.8.996 I just never seem to connect to the server.

I think its something I dont have in the .conf file but I have no idea, any help is appreciated.

Do me a favor (this is windows correct?)

Navigate to your %APPDATA% folder (howto here if needed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4ulkLeYuE)  Then click the Megacoin folder.  There will be a file called debug.log.  Open that file with notepad, and go to the very bottom.  Is it showing any sort of error message?

Also, you've added your wallet as an exception to your firewall correct?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.html

Let me know if any of this helps  Grin
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:28:07 AM

does anyone here speak Russian?

Russia is about as big as a crypto user and US and China.

Why not have a Russian translated Megacoin website as well???

i think btc-e would like that  Grin

Been to Russia and Ukraine half a dozen times, but never learned more than a few dozen words.  Wink  Very difficult language. I think you are correct that this would be a worthwhile project eventually.

The following chart is for Bitcoin and a little old, but it does seem to indicate that China has recently become a major player, and is well ahead of Russia in the mining scene.

http://www.thegenesisblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/global-wallet-downloads.png?be58f1

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-27/mapping-bitcoins-global-adoption
ehalvers

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:32:56 AM

Navigate to your %APPDATA% folder (howto here if needed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4ulkLeYuE)  Then click the Megacoin folder.  There will be a file called debug.log.  Open that file with notepad, and go to the very bottom.  Is it showing any sort of error message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.html

Let me know if any of this helps  Grin

Yes this is windows, and no I dont see any error messages in the debug.txt, at least nothing that jumps out at me. and I have added it to the exceptions list, I am running Microsoft Security Essentials but I havent had any problems with any other wallets.

--Edit: Wait I do see something weird. A line that says

"IRC connect failed"
and then a few other threads stopping/being interrupted

not sure what that means

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:40:34 AM

Navigate to your %APPDATA% folder (howto here if needed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4ulkLeYuE)  Then click the Megacoin folder.  There will be a file called debug.log.  Open that file with notepad, and go to the very bottom.  Is it showing any sort of error message?

Let me know if any of this helps  Grin

Yes this is windows, and no I dont see any error messages in the debug.txt, at least nothing that jumps out at me. and I have added it to the exceptions list, I am running Microsoft Security Essentials but I havent had any problems with any other wallets.

"IRC connect failed"

not sure what that means

As an MCSE, the first thing I would get rid of is Microsoft Security Essentials.
sharknutzz

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 03:57:08 AM

"IRC connect failed"

not sure what that means

If you'd like to post the weird lines from the debug file here, and also a copy of your megacoin.conf file, we can try to help.  To me it sounds so far like your wallet can't talk to the rest of the world, but we'll see.
ehalvers

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 04:05:04 AM

"IRC connect failed"

not sure what that means

If you'd like to post the weird lines from the debug file here, and also a copy of your megacoin.conf file, we can try to help.  To me it sounds so far like your wallet can't talk to the rest of the world, but we'll see.

.conf

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7950
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

debug.txt

Megacoin version v0.8.996.0MEGA-beta ($Format:%cD)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013
Startup time: 2013-09-24 02:25:42
Default data directory C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Megacoin
Using data directory C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Megacoin
Using at most 125 connections (2048 file descriptors available)
Using 8 threads for script verification
init message: Verifying wallet...
dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Megacoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Megacoin\db.log
Bound to [::]:7951
Bound to 0.0.0.0:7951
init message: Loading block index...
Opening LevelDB in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Megacoin\blocks\index
Opened LevelDB successfully
Opening LevelDB in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Megacoin\chainstate
Opened LevelDB successfully
LoadBlockIndexDB(): last block file = 0
LoadBlockIndexDB(): last block file info: CBlockFileInfo(blocks=1, size=301, heights=0...0, time=2013-05-22...2013-05-22)
LoadBlockIndexDB(): transaction index disabled
LoadBlockIndexDB(): hashBestChain=7520788e2d99eec7cf6cf7315577e1268e177fff94cb0a7caf6a458ceeea9ac2  height=0 date=2013-05-22 04:44:13
init message: Verifying blocks...
 block index              73ms
init message: Loading wallet...
nFileVersion = 179600
 wallet                  632ms
init message: Loading addresses...
Loaded 0 addresses from peers.dat  0ms
RandAddSeed() 230444 bytes
mapBlockIndex.size() = 1
nBestHeight = 0
setKeyPool.size() = 100
mapWallet.size() = 0
mapAddressBook.size() = 1
AddLocal([2001:0:5ef5:79fd:1805:189b:9d20:c2b2]:7951,1)
dnsseed thread start
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
0 addresses found from DNS seeds
dnsseed thread exit
opencon thread start
dumpaddr thread start
irc thread start
ThreadIRCSeed trying to connect...
init message: Done loading
msghand thread start
net thread start
addcon thread start
refreshWallet
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  3ms
GetMyExternalIP() received [98.223.61.77] 98.223.61.77:0
GetMyExternalIP() returned 98.223.61.77
AddLocal(98.223.61.77:7951,5)
connection timeout
connection timeout
IRC connect failed
IRC waiting 71 seconds to reconnect
net thread interrupt
dumpaddr thread stop
opencon thread interrupt
addcon thread interrupt
irc thread interrupt
msghand thread interrupt
Flush(false)
wallet.dat refcount=0
wallet.dat checkpoint
wallet.dat detach
wallet.dat closed
DBFlush(false) ended              13ms
StopNode()
Committing 0 changed transactions to coin database...
Flush(true)
wallet.dat refcount=0
wallet.dat checkpoint
wallet.dat detach
wallet.dat closed
DBFlush(true) ended              12ms

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: