Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:05:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 252 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice.com : Invest in 1% House Edge Dice Game  (Read 435291 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:06:06 PM

In this reddit thread it's said TF made all time high bets on JD, is that true?
Back when JD was new, when the ATH was small and when BTCUSD was low. The bets are from my own funds.

BTCUSD low ? I wasn't aware JD was operating since 2012 or earlier.

Low is relative term. You can bet $300 per coin will look extremely low if BTC is still around in 2017.

Low here is not relative since BTCUSD wasn't low since JD started operating.

It wasn't? AFAIK J-D started operating at the very end of June, and just a few days after we had a low of $63 on Bitstamp. Now its almost 5 times higher, thus we can say that $63 was low.

As I said, if BTC is still around in 2017 $300 per coin will look very low.

$63, $50, $40 are all not low. Bitcoin used to be worth close to nothing, so this entire year is almost entirely very high. Saying that bets were done when BTCUSD was low has no meaning here.

So I guess that for you $1 per coin is extremely high, considering that in October 2010 you could have bought 1 coin for $0.06

moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:13:40 PM

Back when JD was new, when the ATH was small and when BTCUSD was low. The bets are from my own funds.

Low is relative term. You can bet $300 per coin will look extremely low if BTC is still around in 2017.

It wasn't? AFAIK J-D started operating at the very end of June, and just a few days after we had a low of $63 on Bitstamp. Now its almost 5 times higher, thus we can say that $63 was low.

$63, $50, $40 are all not low. Bitcoin used to be worth close to nothing, so this entire year is almost entirely very high. Saying that bets were done when BTCUSD was low has no meaning here.

So I guess that for you $1 per coin is extremely high, considering that in October 2010 you could have bought 1 coin for $0.06

Was JD running October 2010 ? Thanks.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:25:59 PM

Was JD running October 2010 ? Thanks.

No, but it was on beginning of July 2013, when the BTCUSD was low. Thanks.

dooglus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:33:23 PM

Yes, it's true.  There was talk at the time of his 561 BTC bet being a new "biggest ever BTC bet".

On 29th June, BTC was trading on Mt.Gox between $93 and $98.

Three of his bets are still listed on https://just-dice.com/biggest.txt :

biggest bets in last 52 weeks

+-----------+---------------+----------------+---------+--------+---------------------+
| betid     | bet           | profit         | chance  | uid    | date                |
+-----------+---------------+----------------+---------+--------+---------------------+
|   7093577 |  561.29526541 |     5.72750179 |      98 |     35 | 2013-06-29 04:59:20 |
|   7079332 |  497.14723423 |    32.07401559 |      93 |     35 | 2013-06-29 04:21:59 |
|   6966857 |  497.14723423 |    32.07401559 |      93 |     35 | 2013-06-29 01:01:37 |

Edit: From the Just-Dice chat logs:

(35) <gladoscc> dooglus: am I still the biggest bet or do I need to bet more again Tongue
(1) <dooglus> you're still the biggest
(1) <dooglus> (and you need to bet again Wink )

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:48:30 PM

Yes, it's true.  There was talk at the time of his 561 BTC bet being a new "biggest ever BTC bet".

mechs' bet on 4th October for 7016 BTC at 4th October = $132 * 7016 = $925,000 is still the biggest bet, I think?  That bet is now worth over $2M now, of course...

Will

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:28:47 PM

mechs' bet on 4th October for 7016 BTC at 4th October = $132 * 7016 = $925,000 is still the biggest bet, I think?  That bet is now worth over $2M now, of course...

Will

I'm a bit worried about Mechs, he disappeared after that - right?

Hope he didn't blew away all his BTC before this rally. The guy was a long-time investor, very conscious about his investment and always trying to give his opinion about what were the best moves for investors, and suddenly he went berserk and gambled it all, losing it... Not a funny situation if you ask me, unless he is in the Forbes list losing $2M is so crazy you can't even conceive it, i would remember it all my life when I look at my kids.

Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:37:08 PM

Hope he didn't blew away all his BTC before this rally. The guy was a long-time investor, very conscious about his investment and always trying to give his opinion about what were the best moves for investors, and suddenly he went berserk and gambled it all, losing it... Not a funny situation if you ask me, unless he is in the Forbes list losing $2M is so crazy you can't even conceive it, i would remember it all my life when I look at my kids.

It seems that way, no one has seen him on JD and his forum account has not be active since October 2nd (bet was on the 4th). Pretty sad situation really, I hope the guy is ok.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:35:49 PM

It seems that way, no one has seen him on JD and his forum account has not be active since October 2nd (bet was on the 4th). Pretty sad situation really, I hope the guy is ok.

Just check his post history, in June this year he was writing he was new to BTC and he just recently invested in the currency, so he probably is not one of those legendary "mega early adopters" who mined thousands of coins with their CPU's... I'm not saying that losing millions of $ is less retarded if you didn't work hard to earn them, but probably Mechs spent a lot of $$$$ to buy those BTC. Gambling them away is simply crazy.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:49:19 PM

to me I believe when he kept betting that much, he did no longer care, he just wanted to gave the money back to the investors that stayed invested (except Nak of course). Maybe he has more important things in life to think about and give no poo of that 1700 btc or whatever his initial stash is.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 09:31:58 PM

I frequently get this message:

"You already have a roll pending. Are you playing from multiple locations?"
or some message about a problem with the connection (even though everything's fine on my side)

and after reloading the page "All Bets" and "My Bets" tabs are sometimes blank.

My browser: Chrome (up-to-date)

Signature space available for rent.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 02:27:31 AM

Will

I hope everything OK with Mechs too. I also lost much on JD and now quit gambling, I know how it feels to lose a few hundreds of bitcoins, as to a few thousands, I think it hurts much more.

Hope he's fine.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:34:12 AM

Shocked I missed something. Can I get a link to the discussion where 30K BTC was won?

Yeah, it wasn't won.  It just should have been lost and wasn't...  Nakowa bet around 1.5M BTC in a single day, and ended up slightly up on the day when he should have been over 15k BTC down.  I think it was September 29th or there abouts.

Here it is in chart form.  As you can see, it's not that profits went down massively, but that expected profits went up massively at the end of September:

https://i.imgur.com/QsKW15t.png

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

What's happening to the TradeFortress deposit? Are you returning it to him, giving it to charity, keeping it on the site, attempting to give it to inputs.io users...?
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:13:54 AM

What's happening to the TradeFortress deposit? Are you returning it to him, giving it to charity, keeping it on the site, attempting to give it to inputs.io users...?

Doog returned the deposit, minus the amount that went missing from the (the smaller) inputs hack. This was before the missing 4100 was publicly known.
8fold

Activity: 391

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:19:48 AM

Doog returned the deposit, minus the amount that went missing from the (the smaller) inputs hack. This was before the missing 4100 was publicly known.

Reasonable and elegant thing to do.

Bitrated user: 8fold.
thecoinjournal

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 08:25:16 AM

How much did TF deposit to JD? That could be money from Coinlenders or BTCinvest.

dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:42:25 AM

How much did TF deposit to JD? That could be money from Coinlenders or BTCinvest.

The amount varied over time, but was hundreds of BTC.  I used it as collateral when accepting inputs.io deposits.  I only credited inputs.io deposits to JD up to the amount TF had on deposit at any time.  I regularly withdrew from the JD inputs account to a 'real' wallet.

The timeline as I understand it went something like this:

* late October, the inputs server was compromised, the database was stolen, and 4000 BTC was taken from the hot wallet
* inputs.io carried on operating as normal, still accepting new deposits, with 4000 BTC missing from its wallet
* for a couple of days after the theft, I was unable to withdraw from inputs.io to the blockchain.  the "hot pocket" was empty.  I emailed several times, and eventually after about 48h was able to withdraw.  At no point was I told that the server had been hacked
* a couple of weeks later the hacker used stolen API keys to steal ~100 BTC from user accounts, including ~42 BTC from the JD account
* an hour after that theft I woke up, saw the withdrawal, moved all the coins I had access to into cold storage as a precaution, stopped accepting inputs.io as a deposit method
* later that day TF came to the JD chat and asked for his deposit (less the 42 BTC he owed JD) back.
* I debited his account the ~42 BTC, then unblocked his account from withdrawing.  He withdrew the rest of the balance
* I asked him if he would be redepositing so that we could start accepting inputs deposits again.  He said he definitely would.
* a day or so later the inputs front page was edited to say that 4100 BTC had been stolen.

The moral of the story seems to be "don't trust third parties with your Bitcoins".  A lesson that lots of investors seem to be learning.  Investment in JD is down ~5k to around 57k BTC since the inputs hack became public.  I don't know whether this is mostly due to people cashing out BTC due to the recent price rises, or people wanting the security of holding their own coins.  I guess it's some of each.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
thecoinjournal

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 08:52:39 AM

The amount varied over time, but was hundreds of BTC.  I used it as collateral when accepting inputs.io deposits.  I only credited inputs.io deposits to JD up to the amount TF had on deposit at any time.  I regularly withdrew from the JD inputs account to a 'real' wallet.

The timeline as I understand it went something like this:

* late October, the inputs server was compromised, the database was stolen, and 4000 BTC was taken from the hot wallet
* inputs.io carried on operating as normal, still accepting new deposits, with 4000 BTC missing from its wallet
* for a couple of days after the theft, I was unable to withdraw from inputs.io to the blockchain.  the "hot pocket" was empty.  I emailed several times, and eventually after about 48h was able to withdraw.  At no point was I told that the server had been hacked
* a couple of weeks later the hacker used stolen API keys to steal ~100 BTC from user accounts, including ~42 BTC from the JD account
* an hour after that theft I woke up, saw the withdrawal, moved all the coins I had access to into cold storage as a precaution, stopped accepting inputs.io as a deposit method
* later that day TF came to the JD chat and asked for his deposit (less the 42 BTC he owed JD) back.
* I debited his account the ~42 BTC, then unblocked his account from withdrawing.  He withdrew the rest of the balance
* I asked him if he would be redepositing so that we could start accepting inputs deposits again.  He said he definitely would.
* a day or so later the inputs front page was edited to say that 4100 BTC had been stolen.

The moral of the story seems to be "don't trust third parties with your Bitcoins".  A lesson that lots of investors seem to be learning.  Investment in JD is down ~5k to around 57k BTC since the inputs hack became public.  I don't know whether this is mostly due to people cashing out BTC due to the recent price rises, or people wanting the security of holding their own coins.  I guess it's some of each.

I used to use inputs.io for the quick deposit into my JD account around Oct 21st, during that week I lost big money on JD. Well now I feel better because if I didn't lose they would be stolen anyway.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:32:24 PM

The moral of the story seems to be "don't trust third parties with your Bitcoins".  A lesson that lots of investors seem to be learning. 

A lesson that needs to be plastered everywhere possible. Inputs is far from the only example. In fact, it's hard to come up with a third party service one year old that stores customers coins and hasn't lost them Roll Eyes
dooglus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:48:55 PM

A lesson that needs to be plastered everywhere possible. Inputs is far from the only example. In fact, it's hard to come up with a third party service one year old that stores customers coins and hasn't lost them Roll Eyes

That is a sad state of affairs isn't it!

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

he maybe should not have done that before he figured out where it really went?  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 252 »
  Print  

Jump to: