Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:16:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11642 times)
chathur95

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:04:39 AM

Gold is  most famous  than bitcoin. Some people  don't  know about bitcoin. So i think it is a one of main reason. They know about gold since ago.because they have trust about gold than bitcoin. And gold is a physical thing so their value decide according  to weight. Bitcoin not like that.  So people think gold is good invest than bitcoin.
ruchi85

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:08:59 AM

Because Gold is gold, It has been an accepted form of investment since man assigned it a value and used it as a sign of wealth. It's better in the sense that there's very little volatility, it's almost predictable. It's value isn't speculative like that of cryptocurrencies. Because of its stability it can be used in financial transactions and there are very little barriers for it. But crypto and gold are two different things altogether. One is highly volatile and the other one is not. One is an accepted form of financial wealth and the other is only just gaining recognition. I wouldn't say either one is better than the other because it's a bit difficult compare these two.

▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ AMLT by Coinfirm ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ The Token of Compliance ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄ Facebook   ❱ ❱  Twitter   ❱ ❰  Telegram ▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:17:46 AM

They said that because, their mind not open in this kind of investment. And I think these people, don't try even once to search about our bitcoin.
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:22:15 AM

maybe because gold is the mostly accepted ever since compared to bitcoin, and since there are still a lot of people skeptical about bitcoin some conveniently say that gold is better based on their opinion but it is gradually being debunked as bitcoin start to rose to fame and value in the market.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Tilen

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:22:59 AM

Gold is safer. Stealing volumes of the metal can be surprisingly hard. The industry standard 400-ounce gold bar, worth a little more than $500,000 each at the time of writing, is particularly unwieldy to move. If you are in any doubt take a visit to a friendly gold vault and ask to lift one such bar.  To abscond with a haul of $5 million you’d need to move 10 such ingots, which would be time-consuming for the thief. For cryptocurrencies, stealing large dollar values is easy, at least judging by a quick scan of the news stories which cover such heists.
You can wear gold as jewelry. Not so much for Bitcoin.
Gold is a superb electrical conductor, which is why it is used in electronics for space travel. Bitcoin doesn’t conduct electricity.
Gold has never been out of fashion. Never! It’s hard to tell with Bitcoin, it’s just too new.
You don’t need a web connection to use your gold. For ease of use, your Bitcoin wallet needs the internet for you to transfer it or spend it. The website Coinsutra.com explains the Bitcoin situation in some more detail: “I only use web wallets to keep small amounts of bitcoins, similar to a wallet in my pocket for daily transactions. [...] And I use desktop wallets to keep bitcoins which I am not using for daily transactions. So that whenever required, I can quickly connect my desktop wallet to the Bitcoin network and transfer bitcoins.” In other words, the web is a vital part of the matter.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:26:21 AM

Historically, mankind carried out settlement operations through gold.
Even at a time when there were no clear boundaries of the states. The government over the past 200 years has created many restrictions on the movement of gold between countries.
With the arrival of bitcoin in settlement operations, all boundaries are erased, it becomes digital gold.
steven.spearman

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:31:37 AM

Because gold is very difficult value to change, in contrast to bitcoin whose value changes every time. Maybe they are not people who like to take risks to their life.

deepakg2m
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 05:44:53 AM

People says gold is better but my opinion is different.BITCOIN is much better than gold as it is a digital form of money by which gold can also be bought.It is much safer than gold as we don't have the fear of loosing it anyhow whereas gold can not be taken safely during traveling.But still people says that g0ld is better because it is considered so since beginning and it is available in physical form.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:34:56 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

People says that Gold is better because from the very start it is the one that they lived with. They were familiarized enough into gold than in Bitcoin that just comes recently. Also, Gold has its own value and indestructible.
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:23:20 PM

Gold is stable, it's material.
Bitcoin is a phantom somewhere in Nowhere.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:30:51 PM

I'd be more inclined to purchase precious metals if the chinese weren't busy making fakes in large numbers.  Then you have to rely in dealers and people with the skills to detect these fakes to get them off the market. This artificially inflates the "supply" of precious metals by people who don't know any better getting conned into thinking they own gold only to discover in 25 years their gold is not real.   Yes you can fork bitcoin and create any altcoin you want from scratch but you can't make fakes of any given coin.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinas-latest-export-boom-fake-gold-coins/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCoiv6UST1s

In any case an asset is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Period.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:38:27 PM

People says gold is better than bitcoin,maybe because gold is tangible asset and gold has a form while the bitcoin is a digital currency we can't touch it. But as of .now they both valuable.

felicanoma

Activity: 115

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:39:47 PM

because gold has its own value, gold is not a means of payment of gold is a valuable item and has a stable value and tend to always rise even not in any country the price of gold is down.
if you compare gold with digital money I think you are very wrong. because both are very different.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
████ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ████
▬▬▬▬▬   ●   Whitepaper   ●   Facebook   ●   Twitter   ●   Telegram   ●   ▬▬▬▬▬
jam22

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:41:31 PM

Well I don't know why but now bitcoin is more valuable than the gold.

luigidosado

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:14:01 PM

I cannot really say but I think those people who really believe that gild is better than bitcoin are people who doesn't even know a thing about bitcoin and its potential in the future. It is obvious that today, bitcoin has a higher value than gold. Purchasing, selling and storing bitcoin is also easier than buying and selling gold in the market. But we can say that gold is better because it has a stable and sure market for all the gold reserves that we have.

Yankeestyle

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:15:56 PM

Well I don't know why however now bitcoin is more profitable than the gold.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

It is partially a nostalgia that's dates back to the days fiat currency was backed with gold. People long for something physical to represent their monetary success, and it used to be symbolized by a shiney yellow precious metal called gold. Old habits die hard, gold brings back memories of the old days and comforts people in the sense they have something physical to represent their efforts. Bitcoin is the future.
People who are satisfied to deal with the same concept, process and system in terms of trading just like how gold work are the people who are afraid to take risk. Yes, bitcoin in terms of trading is quite proven in the field of trading. Yet, the new system of bitcoin promises a better form or way of transaction that people could used in terms of investments, transactions and as well as trading or the new form of trading.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:28:01 PM

Gold is very stable in terms of volatility. Gold has the indisputable track record. Gold is an element and very low risk. Bitcoin is virtual cryptocurrency. Gold is easily acceptable world-wide and we do not need Internet to sell the gold. Gold has many pro as compare to btc thats why gold is better because of stability of price less volatile.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:30:42 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 04:43:50 AM by Spoetnik

Gold has real uses.. Bitcoin does not.

Bitcoin isn't as flashy as Gold and can't be molded into jewelry but it's underlying technology is the "industrial" equivalent for the creation of value. If anything, the ground breaking use cases for the Blockchain are vastly more valuable to our global economy.

Wrong.

It's underlying technology is a monumental failure.
Valve inc dropped support for it because the coin's "underlying technology" is fucked up bad.
The said so.. explicitly word for word.
They mentioned fee's at $20 and i looked the other day and seen wait times of 33 hours.
It's fucked up !
No matter how many times you are all told and experience the problems first hand you go derpty fuckin' derp full tard.
And then rush here to post crypto-propaganda and lie your ass off with deceitful idiotic bullshit to lure in more people to push the pyramid scheme to new levels.

So if it is not the "underlying technology" then think about it.. what is it that gives it value ?

Imagine Gold no longer being usable as a conductor and it now tarnishes.

You guys are really not helping Bitcoin by being deceitful greedy bullshitters with your head in the sand.
You all need to think carefully about what you say because there are people watching.
Everyone gets it.. a flood of rejects are flooding in here and want money.
I get it.. i understand.
I really do.. but you are going about it the wrong way.
You are in fact being tangibly stupid with your Bitcoin rhetoric.
You think bullshitting people works ?
Preaching to the already converted choir ?
The other scammy inept greedy investards couldn't care less.. about anything.. as long as it's paying.
You are not convincing anyone of anything people.. so cut the crap.

So it appears that I am "tangibly stupid" with my "Bitcoin rhetoric"... this must be the most entertaining reply I have yet to receive on any of my postings. But let me ask you this, do you truly believe that value correlates with perfection? Your argument about fees and long transaction times makes no sense to me. Can you define what value is so we can at least have a meaningful debate?
P.S. I can't wait for your next onslaught of righteousness (must be a penguin thing).

Lets debate.. i am a righteous Canadian Penguin  Cool
First though let me point out your account was created on August 28, 2015
You have 345 posts.
I have 13,553.
Ok "senior" member ?

If you actually read what i just said it would have been clear.
You are in fact playing dumb.. or are.
Which justifies my a characterization of the vast majority of crypto investards.

The fact that Bitcoin was launched as a currency and failed in technical ways and with adoption does not interest you.
You noticed that it has a side use.. a commodity.
So no matter how badly fucked up THE CURRENCY WORKS ..you can still say, oh it's a digital stock to profit from.
And no the fact i said it's fucked up is not up for debate either so don't even try. (half this forum has admitted it)
The scene knows !

There is no debate i am right(ous).  Cool

It's a great cereal though..
Yeah but the movie is a horrendous failure..
And it's tasty with milk !
Yeah but the movie is bad and got poor reviews.
But i like bananas !
Yeah but the movie did poor sales at the box office.
Yeah but i like cereal !

Where is the debate ?
If i put a fucking shoe on my head does it now become a great hat ?

Why do you all perpetually fail to grasp the notion of a "digital currency" ?
It's like you all waddle in here with a fat wallet clutching your dollars looking to get rich and all you hear is the catch phrases and key words.
- Block-chain
- Startup
- Fintech
- Crowd Funding

Maybe just go "master" the block chain and be an early adopter with 2014's Ethereum the scam coin and leave BTC up to people that actually care about it and WHY it was made.

Yup it's about $590.00 off now.
Sorry i seen it and forgot to screen-cap it when they ran it for $600.
Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you bought it then seen it for $11.
Ahhh "crypto" gotta love it huh ? Or i should say FIAT "gotta love it"  Cheesy

Pro Tip:
Fiat is a currency.. like Bitcoin.

Elite Tip:
Ethereum is an app's gimmick / ICO smart contract coin cloning platform fuel "token".

Catchin' on yet ?
Notice a pattern in what i am saying here yet ?
Currency ?

Wait, what ?
Old man Spoetnik is off his med's again.. that darn Canadian is rambling crazy old coot shit again.
Yup.. mubblin' about some weird thing called a currency.
You know.. like the dollar which you use to buy "coins" with ?
And dump to get more of.. ahahhaha  Cheesy

Hey.. Imagine how fucking pissed off you'd get when your FIAT dollars didn't work anymore when you needed to sell your bullshit broken crypto coins.

PS:
Why RE:Topic Title ?
Because it is.

FUD first & ask questions later™
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:50:59 AM

Gold has real uses.. Bitcoin does not.

Bitcoin isn't as flashy as Gold and can't be molded into jewelry but it's underlying technology is the "industrial" equivalent for the creation of value. If anything, the ground breaking use cases for the Blockchain are vastly more valuable to our global economy.

Wrong.

It's underlying technology is a monumental failure.
Valve inc dropped support for it because the coin's "underlying technology" is fucked up bad.
The said so.. explicitly word for word.
They mentioned fee's at $20 and i looked the other day and seen wait times of 33 hours.
It's fucked up !
No matter how many times you are all told and experience the problems first hand you go derpty fuckin' derp full tard.
And then rush here to post crypto-propaganda and lie your ass off with deceitful idiotic bullshit to lure in more people to push the pyramid scheme to new levels.

So if it is not the "underlying technology" then think about it.. what is it that gives it value ?

Imagine Gold no longer being usable as a conductor and it now tarnishes.

You guys are really not helping Bitcoin by being deceitful greedy bullshitters with your head in the sand.
You all need to think carefully about what you say because there are people watching.
Everyone gets it.. a flood of rejects are flooding in here and want money.
I get it.. i understand.
I really do.. but you are going about it the wrong way.
You are in fact being tangibly stupid with your Bitcoin rhetoric.
You think bullshitting people works ?
Preaching to the already converted choir ?
The other scammy inept greedy investards couldn't care less.. about anything.. as long as it's paying.
You are not convincing anyone of anything people.. so cut the crap.

So it appears that I am "tangibly stupid" with my "Bitcoin rhetoric"... this must be the most entertaining reply I have yet to receive on any of my postings. But let me ask you this, do you truly believe that value correlates with perfection? Your argument about fees and long transaction times makes no sense to me. Can you define what value is so we can at least have a meaningful debate?
P.S. I can't wait for your next onslaught of righteousness (must be a penguin thing).

Lets debate.. i am a righteous Canadian Penguin  Cool
First though let me point out your account was created on August 28, 2015
You have 345 posts.
I have 13,553.
Ok "senior" member ?

If you actually read what i just said it would have been clear.
You are in fact playing dumb.. or are.
Which justifies my a characterization of the vast majority of crypto investards.

The fact that Bitcoin was launched as a currency and failed in technical ways and with adoption does not interest you.
You noticed that it has a side use.. a commodity.
So no matter how badly fucked up THE CURRENCY WORKS ..you can still say, oh it's a digital stock to profit from.
And no the fact i said it's fucked up is not up for debate either so don't even try. (half this forum has admitted it)
The scene knows !

There is no debate i am right(ous).  Cool

It's a great cereal though..
Yeah but the movie is a horrendous failure..
And it's tasty with milk !
Yeah but the movie is bad and got poor reviews.
But i like bananas !
Yeah but the movie did poor sales at the box office.
Yeah but i like cereal !

Where is the debate ?
If i put a fucking shoe on my head does it now become a great hat ?

Why do you all perpetually fail to grasp the notion of a "digital currency" ?
It's like you all waddle in here with a fat wallet clutching your dollars looking to get rich and all you here is the catch phrases and key words.
- Block-chain
- Startup
- Fintech
- Crowd Funding

Maybe just go "master" the block chain and be an early adopter with 2014's Ethereum the scam coin and leave BTC up to people that actually care about it and WHY it was made.

Yup it's about $590.00 off now.
Sorry i seen it and forgot to screen-cap it when they ran it for $600.
Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you bought it then seen it for $11.
Ahhh "crypto" gotta love it huh ? Or i should say FIAT "gotta love it"  Cheesy

Pro Tip:
Fiat is a currency.. like Bitcoin.

Elite Tip:
Ethereum is an app's gimmick / ICO smart contract coin cloning platform fuel "token".

Catchin' on yet ?
Notice a pattern in what i am saying here yet ?
Currency ?

Wait, what ?
Old man Spoetnik is off his med's again.. that darn Canadian is rambling crazy old coot shit again.
Yup.. mubblin' about some weird thing called a currency.
You know.. like the dollar which you use to buy "coins" with ?
And dump to get more of.. ahahhaha  Cheesy

Hey.. Imagine how fucking pissed off you'd get when your FIAT dollars didn't work anymore when you needed to sell your bullshit broken crypto coins.

PS:
Why RE:Topic Title ?
Because it is.

Ok my fellow Canadian penguin, your'e hired!
DM me please, I run the best Comedy Club in Vancouver. I promise to remove the "penguins not welcome" sign.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: