Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11638 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:00:40 AM

Gold is very stable in terms of volatility. Gold has the indisputable track record. Gold is an element and very low risk. Bitcoin is virtual cryptocurrency. Gold is easily acceptable world-wide and we do not need Internet to sell the gold. Gold has many pro as compare to btc thats why gold is better because of stability of price less volatile.
Gold is a physical thing and as you said it is accepted in any industry. You can invest your gold anywhere there are no restrictions, but bitcoin investment is not easy, and you will not get more options to invest your bitcoins. Only the major difference is the price. Gold price is stable and there is no stability in bitcoin price. Longterm safe investment gold is good and short time profit bitcoin is best.
Hxyro

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Bystander that oversees everything that's happeng

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:19:42 AM

i guest because it is moltable(dont know the right term) that can turn into accessories and other things xD
Also it is Shinning xD its brightness can make people blind hoho
Wagako

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:23:20 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Gold is just an investment and we can't use it as means of payment like bitcoin. We can use gold if there is an emergency by selling your gold bitcoin is very flexible because you can use it to buy online and you can use it as a source of income. So bitcoin and gold is a good investment.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:33:32 AM

because they can earn a lot. so people can say that gold is the bitcoin.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

There are some reasons on why people say that gold is better. Though it really depends on the individual, below are some of the reasons on why they think gold is better:

- Gold being a TANGIBLE investment makes it more secure compared to bitcoin's nature on the internet;
- Gold is regulated among the countries and the gold reserves of a country determines the value of their currency;
- Gold is a non-renewable resource, making it limited in terms of supply;
- Gold investment has been around for years and many people are actually profiting from it; and
- Investing in gold is not prohibited compared to bitcoin being illegal in some countries.

First, you need to understand that gold is a tangible asset and people can actually hold it compared to bitcoin. Like I said, it depends on the individual on what they prefer to invest on. Bitcoin is a high-risk high-reward type of investment wherein there is no collateral when its decreases. Not to mention, many investors are calling bitcoin a bubble which is bound to pop in the future. But we cannot deny the fact that bitcoin prices has tremendously increasing over the past years and many people (including me) have realized large amounts of profits due to it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:22:04 PM

Gold is very stable in terms of volatility. Gold has the indisputable track record. Gold is an element and very low risk. Bitcoin is virtual cryptocurrency. Gold is easily acceptable world-wide and we do not need Internet to sell the gold. Gold has many pro as compare to btc thats why gold is better because of stability of price less volatile.
According to me I am not agree with whatever you have told about bitcoin because now it is not a new thing that people use to buy Gold and then after a few days they get bored with it because of very slow growth of price and the other things is that they feel it hard to manage the safety and the place to keep on their bitcoin for the long time, I am sure bitcoin will give me bright future and I will see bitcoin price very high so it is false thinking of people that bitcoin is not better than gold.
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:36:42 PM

Why some people says gold is better? I think because of its great value in the sense of being tangible thing that make your invest secured to be hold and gold is one of the best option in terms of value currency.  And the reason why gold is better because of its positive image in many people both in the past and also in the present. And they believes that gold can will provide and develop their economy to become powerful than the other countries with the use of it that's why people say gold is better than the other as a form of payment.
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:42:26 PM

Gold has always been a good investment because of its rising value in the market.
You can trade gold for money and it is recognised everywhere but its not the same with bitcoins as it is illegal in some countries and is not accepted everywhere.
However bitcoin prices have been increasing tremendously compared to gold but again you need exchange sites to encash them, but then it also has its own advantages too.
Lun4t1c

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:47:45 PM

Gold is tangible while bitcoin is not, Gold has a fixed price it changes but not that much but bitcoin has an unpredictable state in terms of pricing it has a very high potential going up. Considering gold is a very good representation of bitcoin on a physical way.
jkinit2125

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:15:49 PM

Maybe because of the fact that gold has its physical substance it is tangible. No matter what happens to the internet, gold will always be there. And also, gold is a gift from nature. A creation of art though. You can craft it to many jewelries. But if you want to earn more using our new era, progressing internet, you can invest in bitcoin however you need to be educated with it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:48:35 PM

Gold is just an investment and we can't use it as means of payment like bitcoin. We can use gold if there is an emergency by selling your gold bitcoin is very flexible because you can use it to buy online and you can use it as a source of income. So bitcoin and gold is a good investment.
But all in all bitcoin is a much better investment than gold because you can earn big profits with bitcoin unlike with gold which the price is almost stable. Bitcoin's price is continuously changing that is what's good about it because you earn even just by holding your coins, the price of bitcoin is still growing unlike with gold.
SHUNNO

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:49:07 PM

That's because gold is realizable and not complicated during the sale process, lead most people agreement to on more when gold than bitcoin. As in the know gold has been long plenty and has become fortune hunter confidence.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:56:55 AM

PS:
Why RE:Topic Title ?
Because it is.

Ok my fellow Canadian penguin, your'e hired!
DM me please, I run the best Comedy Club in Vancouver. I promise to remove the "penguins not welcome" sign.

Yeah i was going for comedy..
That is how i view "crypto".
I also did not expect a comeback but a 1 liner shot at me in some way.
I am used to it by now.
There is no defense or retort to what i say.. because i speak the truth.

Why is Bitcoin high in value ?
Because predators and morons are buying into it and treating it like a fucking pyramid scheme.
That's it.. period .
So WHY do they all line up to say it's better ?
They say because the price is high.
Do your comprehend how fucking god damn stupid that is ?
I'd throw all my money at housing mortgage bundles in a fucking heart beat before i bought Bitcoins.

Comedy Club ? ..you're lookin' at it.  Cheesy
Thank you, thank you.. I'm here everyday and don't forget to tip the shithead shill profiteers here.

I don't see how topics like this are even debatable.. unless your a crypto cult deceitful investard.
The answer is duh.
Gold has been coveted by man all through out human history.. and always will.
And the "price" ?
You know that grandiose comeback i keep seeing posted here ?
Well.. that can be decimated with a quick fork increasing the supply now can't it ?
Or a bug found where someone exploits it etc etc.

Don't line up to imply Bitcoin is a worthy investment.
It's not.
A sensible investment would not be a scammy scene based virtual commodity used as a pyramid scheme that is inflated to obscene levels and regarded as un-legal in many places.
Don't foster and perpetuate a little facade to lure in more victims under false pretenses.
Tell them the truth.. even if it's ugly.

Comparing a fucking pyramid scheme to Gold ?
Yeah i see the comedy alright.. I'm laughing.  Cheesy
Yeah but but but Spoetnik it's teh greatest !!11 'cause it's worth 100k a coin.
And ?
Your point ?

Question:
How do you fix something that is broken when no one sees it as broken ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
kasansa

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:59:38 AM

The faith in gold is began not today or yesterday, it was the wealth and was fought by the emprorers and king's to own it in large , And it was thier pride too to have as much as to thier kingdom. This cotinues even at present's world race too. However bitcoin have some luck to bit in this yellow metal craze for some time.

Sparkl

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:25:44 PM

yes. and gold just have own store, than why people say gold is better than bitcoin?
simple i think. gold cant broke, and bitcoin can broke. if in this world internet down forever, are you still invest bitcoin? still earn bit and altcoin without internet? god's creation cant loss form this world, and reverse from it, human's creation can loss.
gold is pure treasure, everyone know about gold. all people accepted (although not acceptable as payment) and never say gold is dangerous, because if you have it, it mean you gain profit if sell to other.
bitcoin is treasure, but not all people know about bitcoin and not at all accepted bitcoin (although accepted as payment in many store). a lot of people even the government and bank say dangerous. because sometime you will loss a piece of your fund if you can handle careful.
There is no reality in this gold is not better then bitcoin its totally wrong concept because you buy gold today and then you want to sell so it will not give you any profit you will lose in gold and bitcoin is different than gold if you buy bitcoin today and then want to sell so it will give you a very good profit and there is no chance to lose here there are also a lot of opportunity in bitcoin to earn which gold don’t have so bitcoin is best then gold.
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:29:55 PM

I think because gold have zero risk's to be scammed.
Gold guarantee profit, low profit but guaranted.
In most cases this is a old scool investors
Yes, people say gold is better because it is more trustworthy; it is more popular compared to Bitcoin. Gold is known since then while Bitcoin is just started in year 2009. It is the matter of being known and being seen; Bitcoin is digital and some people considered it as a scam.

anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:24:57 PM

which says gold is better because they are not familiar with bitkoin well
why I say so, because when you invest with gold, when you sell it back you will incur losses, let alone the price of gold rises very slowly with bitcoin, bitcoin increase in price is very fast, and very expensive

uniquefighter

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:38:25 PM

which says gold is better because they are not familiar with bitkoin well
why I say so, because when you invest with gold, when you sell it back you will incur losses, let alone the price of gold rises very slowly with bitcoin, bitcoin increase in price is very fast, and very expensive
Gold has been the standard currency since the beginning of time. Paper money and shares of stock would be rendered useless in times of war. In ELE or Extinction Level Events, even bitcoin would be useless. Have you seen Doomsday Preppers? Gold is the standard.
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:48:57 AM

Maybe the reason is Gold have a physical form. I mean its physically exist. We can touch and feel it and we can protect it our self. Where the bitcoin is a digital currency with no physically form We can't protect it we just all depends on wallet's security. Once it got hacked there's no point to bring it back plus its still new in our generation many people don't know about the bitcoin if you ask someone about it i bet they'll unable to give answer. So these are few drawbacks which make people confuse about bitcoin and trust the Gold.
Exeus

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:56:37 AM

Because 50% of all people have IQ lower than 100.  Undecided
I think so but maybe they think that gold is better than bitcoin because they can actually hold the gold bar but not the bitcoin. Where in the new world right now gold is not bigger that bitcoin if you know how to work hard and have a goals in life to become rich in the future. The same in gold, many people are mining also the BTC but if all the coins are mined already that`s the time the currency will getting higher and higher.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: