Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:54:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people says gold is better?  (Read 11642 times)
carrymentality

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:20:34 AM

Gold has been the standard currency since the beginning of time. Paper money and shares of stock would be rendered useless in times of war. In ELE or Extinction Level Events, even bitcoin would be useless. Have you seen Doomsday Preppers? Gold is the standard.

I agree. Gold has been a priced commodity for thousands of years, and many, if not all people in the world knows the value and how valuable gold is. It is also a standard commodity that doesn't change much in price, unlike other assets like bitcoin that are constantly changing, and at a very volatile manner at that. Also, more people are quite comfortable with having and using gold as an asset because they have been accustomed with it instead of using bitcoins, which is a very new currency.
venkateshbk9535

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:21:26 AM

Because gold is not an asset it is a useful product. Gold also increase in it's price day to day. That's why people will tell gold is better.
beaver12

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:45:05 AM

Gold is better than bitcoin due to the fact that it is tangible and universally accepted as highly valuable. Bitcoin on the otherhand is better than gold because of its convenience to use as a mode of exchange. The two can't be directly compared as which is better since bitcoin is intangible while gold is tangible.
sharm2121

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:49:25 AM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Its because gold is easy to change and no fees, yes its true that gold cant use to pay bills but if you change it in peso i think it has higher value than bitcoin and the value of gold is stable. Bitcoin is not yet so popular so many people wants gold.

indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:49:36 AM

simple answer, gold can be saved besides can also be used, in addition to gold can also be invested and with the hope that gold prices will rise.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 09:52:09 AM

Because it can be touched. But bitcoin will definitely bring more gold)))

ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

Actually today I watched a video on facebook which is about spending bitcoin and gold in USA,it says it is difficult to spend bitcoin but some places are accepting bitcoins accepting as payment like supermarket,restaurants and some institutions.But no one accepting gold as payment then why still people says gold is better?

Some people think that gold is better than bitcoin because they are traditionaly aware about the price of gold and has no or limited knowledge on cryptocurrency. I think that bitcoin is better than gold as what i thought it was but people are aware about the volatiliry of cryptocurrency that is why they say that gold is better than bitcoin.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:12:39 PM

The answer is very obvious, Gold is not a currency, It is an asset. Gold is not obtainable everywhere , Only those who are working to mine gold are able to earn it while bitcoins can be earned online and it is very profitable since it is a digital currency, You can hold and exchange it anytime to fiat when the value in the market already increase.

You are quite right about Gold that it just being an asset that form of physical which not meant to use to increase our investment and not capable to pay directly into a restaurant or any store. But if I were the owner of a store or any restaurant and somebody paying me a gold, I  accept  it with no doubt because  I fully know gold has a good value which you can able to sell it anytime and it might be have more valuable the more years passed.

Those people find gold more trusted against bitcoin, that's why they say gold is better. But they forget one point which gold doesn't generate profits like bitcoin does. This is an important point not to miss!
lyn1031

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:31:03 PM

Perhaps it is because of the fact that gold has long been part in mankind's system. To every important occasion such as wedding and so on, gold seems to be there all the time. Therefore, gold has been a part of important things for too long, thus people giving value to it too much despite the fact that it is mostly for accessorizing.
Tonestra

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:43:33 PM

bitcoin is s a lot better. the capital growth for bitcoin is far higher than gold.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:50:57 PM

Disagree with this. I think that benz bitcoin is no better than gold, gold is also no better than bitcoin but both are better than paper money of course. Bitcoin excels with its transaction system but there is no "real value" like gold, in extreme conditions
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:27:13 PM

You have just said it all. I guess there are two reasons why people still believe that bitcoin is gold is better than bitcoin.
First among them is longevity of gold compared to bitcoin. Because of this, it has gained acceptability and popular.
The second is legality. Gold is legal worldwide while bitcoin is prohibited by many government of nations.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:56:05 PM

It is only base on my opinion, well I think that people says that gold is better because as we all know as of now golds are goes fewer unlike in the past, because in this era it's hard to find a gold that's why it is so very valuable to other people and I think that it is reason why other people says that gold is better.  Smiley

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:56:54 AM

I do think people say that gold is better because gold doesn't change in value as quick as bitcoin is. It has a consistent price in the market for a long time compare to bitcoin that pumps and dumps in a day.
Everyone has his own opinion and my opinion is different the any other people who think gold is better than bitcoin I try gold so many time but it always give me lose so I don’t think so gold is better than bitcoin because whenever I buy bitcoin so it always give me profit and whenever I buy gold and I keep them on hold so it always give me lose so that’s what I believe I will prefer bitcoin on gold because gold is just a valuable piece of Mattel.
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:04:47 AM

Investing in gold is good but I think bitcoin is better, and for people who say gold is better maybe they knows a little bit of information about bitcoin.
haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:31:15 AM

Gold is better contingent upon what is the circumstance of the world right now we are on virtual age and the ascent of innovation, for example BTC is great right now however in the event that there was a world war and having web would minimal thing than you need then gold would surpass in this circumstance.
marroxas

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:31:57 AM

I think both are amazing if have both. But for me Bitcoin can surpass the gold because of its other capabilities than the gold doesn't have. Like using for payment, bills or trading virtually and other stuff. Imagine if you will carry a gold to pay a bill. So I think Bitcoin is better than Gold in the aspect of service.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:10:14 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 08:21:37 AM by julzcoinbit

The answer is very obvious, Gold is not a currency, It is an asset. Gold is not obtainable everywhere , Only those who are working to mine gold are able to earn it while bitcoins can be earned online and it is very profitable since it is a digital currency, You can hold and exchange it anytime to fiat when the value in the market already increase.

You are quite right about Gold that it just being an asset that form of physical which not meant to use to increase our investment and not capable to pay directly into a restaurant or any store. But if I were the owner of a store or any restaurant and somebody paying me a gold, I  accept  it with no doubt because  I fully know gold has a good value which you can able to sell it anytime and it might be have more valuable the more years passed.

Those people find gold more trusted against bitcoin, that's why they say gold is better. But they forget one point which gold doesn't generate profits like bitcoin does. This is an important point not to miss!
I agree,  but if you compare it now bitcoin is more profitable than gold, but like what you said gold can't generate profits like bitcoin does mean to say gold is much important if you just compare it which will can long last ever. Because even though bitcoin is really high demand that's really you get quick some profit we can still assure when it can be last that's why I'm still prefer for gold.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:57:53 PM

Gold is a precious metal which known from its characteristic of being indestructible.
This metal is use in different vanities and I think that is the reason why many people say gold is better than bitcoin. another thing is gold is a only currency that acknowledge by the whole world when their local money becomes obsolete in the market.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:56:30 AM

They said that gold is better because it has a high value than the real money and the only thing consider by the world market as a legal tender in all means of transaction. 
If you have a gold and sell it you may gain high profit of money. It is better to have a gold than a money or it is much better to have gold than a luxurious car. It seems like a bitcoin and a cash bitcoin is much better than peso or us dollar and it much profitable than others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: