Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:43:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Altcoin  (Read 6282 times)
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:30:00 PM

for trading - alternative altcoins, because i think will be max profit. For holding - bitcoin or etherium.The choice is yours. Good luck
Choose the coin that has a good volume if you want to trade actively like a day trader but choose the coin that has a good potential
in the future  because they will continue to appreciate their value and it will make us rich in the future.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:52:50 PM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

They are both good so why choose them both besides they are both going great in the business and we can do both of them so why having a hard time to choose if we can always do both. We can do trading and at the same time having an investment in bitcoins because bitcoins are falling so we really need a back up plan because we cannot say how much time butcoins are gonna be on prime so we really need to have a plan b which is altcoins.
xerophore

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:54:56 PM

If the OP considers high bitcoin prices to start investing. Surely he has answered himself that wants to choose an investment in altcoin. However, investing in both I think isn't a mistake.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:58:03 PM

The surprising value of bitcoin makes it difficult for us to invest, maybe altcoin can be a solution, investing in altcoin is the right choice, but if you buy bitcoin now, you may be surprised for a few more months, as bitcoin values will go up Grin Grin

Even though the bitcoin value is up, but who is saying to buy a whole full bitcoin. You can buy any portion of bitcoin according to your budget and in return can get more profits than in altcoins investment. Bitcoin value moves a lot faster than altcoins and you can easily convert your quick earned profitable  bitcoins into cash whenever you need money.
today's bitcoin price changes are really fantastic even I think it's more profitable to invest in bitcoin than altcoin. many people think that altcoin is more volatile so the gain in altcoin will be bigger and faster. but you should know that the current bitcoin price changes are more profitable. even in 1 month bitcoin prices can rise up to $ 7k. wow!
no altcoin can match that price change. that's why I prefer investing in bitcoin
Exactly right now I think I prefer altcoins rather than bitcoin. There is no doubt that crypto market is unstable and is all the time fluctuating which clearly indicates that you need to choose the best time for every move you make. If you are trying to sell off your coin, wait until the coin touches maximum value and vice versa. Indeed, the more knowledge you have, more successful you are with coins. I think instead of only knowledge I think patience is also very effective in trading.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:13:25 PM

At the moment, bitcoin is recovering more quickly after falling than the altcoins. Therefore, it is still better to invest in bitcoin. Yes, and statistics indicate that this year bitkoin showed the best return on investment.
hakata_sio

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:22:18 PM

I wish I had bought Altcoin instead of Bitcoin when watching recent XRP and other Altcoin prices rise Cry
Sueb PAs Abimanyu

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:50:37 PM

Investing in altcoin provides a different essence than bitcoin. Therefore, increase in value altcoin can occur with a sudden, also attenuation. I'm more than happy to hold altcoin like ETH also BSD.
AllCoinHunter

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:42:57 PM

I am sure everyone is aware about the rise of altcoins like ETH and Litecoin so I just want to know expert's opinion whether to invest in bitcoin or altcoins as the price of bitcoin is too high now for an individual to invest into it ? Do you think these altcoins will survive and pump just like bitcoin or its better to stick to bitcoin ?

Maybe what you are asking has been answered and maybe you have got the solution. but according to my experience all this time. it depends on the capital we have if I have a large capital, I certainly choose BTC as a place to make investments and do trading. but it does not hurt us if we try to invest with altcoin because where we can predict the altcoin price is also very profitable.
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:45:58 PM

for trading - alternative altcoins, because i think will be max profit. For holding - bitcoin or etherium.The choice is yours. Good luck
Choose the coin that has a good volume if you want to trade actively like a day trader but choose the coin that has a good potential
in the future  because they will continue to appreciate their value and it will make us rich in the future.
good altcoin are may define for its background making some research for where you are able to take for is a good and right thing to do for so if ever that as of now you take that coin and this is not in a high price then you are able to hold that for long then after that it was one of the coin that are having some great potential for it make you rich in the near future.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:28:53 PM

I am trusting more on altcoins now. But before I was inclined in bitcoin. Because I know that bitcoin is the greatest coin there's ever been and alt coins are not that trusted and could just dump all the way down. But now, I realized the real essence of alts, and I can say that alts are great coins also. It just need your attention.
There are many alts that are good investments but at the same time the number of good alts is very low compared with the huge amount of alts out there, so if you are going to invest in alts you need to find an equilibrium invest in bitcoin but also invest some money in alts so you get the benefits of both.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:51:30 PM

There are also other altcoins worth holding, not just ether, I believe some altcoins will become very expensive in next few years.
For trading it doesn't matter which one, as long as you follow market.
I wish I had bought Altcoin instead of Bitcoin when watching recent XRP and other Altcoin prices rise Cry
Wait for dip and buy them  Roll Eyes
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:16:36 PM

It will depends on market you can earn also max profit in bitcoin trading in just a week for me holding altcoins is more profitable especially those coins have promising roadmaps.

michellee

Activity: 2828
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:58:10 AM

It will depends on market you can earn also max profit in bitcoin trading in just a week for me holding altcoins is more profitable especially those coins have promising roadmaps.

sometimes if we have a good altcoin, we can make a big profit but in the other time, we need to wait for a long time before we can make the profit. I think it will depend on what coin if we choose altcoin to trade but if we choose bitcoin then we need to be careful to analyze the price because bitcoin is too volatile and no one can expect what will happen in one hour later.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:27:14 PM

For me it's better to invest your money to both Bitcoin and Altcoins. Putting all your eggs in one basket will be risky for the investors that might incurred loss. You may invest in Bitcoin and hold it for a long term as we know the trend of price is really high from early this year 2017 until now. Also, Altcoins are good for a short term period, from the time of price hike that's the time to sell it then buy again another coins with a lower price but you should be updated in news so that you will know what coins will perfom in the future. Both Bitcoin and Altcoins are good it only depends in your goals and plans in trading.

Now I'm engaged in trading, so I'm more interested in working with the Altcoins. Altcoins are ready to show significant price fluctuations and this is good for trading.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:36:41 PM

The surprising value of bitcoin makes it difficult for us to invest, maybe altcoin can be a solution, investing in altcoin is the right choice, but if you buy bitcoin now, you may be surprised for a few more months, as bitcoin values will go up Grin Grin

Even though the bitcoin value is up, but who is saying to buy a whole full bitcoin. You can buy any portion of bitcoin according to your budget and in return can get more profits than in altcoins investment. Bitcoin value moves a lot faster than altcoins and you can easily convert your quick earned profitable  bitcoins into cash whenever you need money.
today's bitcoin price changes are really fantastic even I think it's more profitable to invest in bitcoin than altcoin. many people think that altcoin is more volatile so the gain in altcoin will be bigger and faster. but you should know that the current bitcoin price changes are more profitable. even in 1 month bitcoin prices can rise up to $ 7k. wow!
no altcoin can match that price change. that's why I prefer investing in bitcoin
I think for me both and the whole world of cryptocurrencies is profitable to me and i think cryptoworld will be very profitable in near future. ALtrough bitcoin is still a very good investment and its not too late to get into btc even if the price is staggering as of the moment. It's forecasted to even breach 50k in the next couple of years so if you're holding, buying now would at least give you five times profit. Though if you're already planning on holding that long.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:06:48 PM

altcoin will be greatly benefited when you know that the price will go up. usually it is marked with acceptance of an altcoin in the new market. sometimes, it makes the price increase. honestly, i prefer to predict altcoin than bitcoin.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:11:58 PM

I am trusting more on altcoins now. But before I was inclined in bitcoin. Because I know that bitcoin is the greatest coin there's ever been and alt coins are not that trusted and could just dump all the way down. But now, I realized the real essence of alts, and I can say that alts are great coins also. It just need your attention.

LOL mate, I hope you made the correction decision shifting to alts. Have you heard of a pump-and-dump scheme? Although there's really a handful of alts that is really good technology wise, but most of them are just for pump-and-dump scheme and it will be very unfortunate once you are trapped and didn't get out it time.

I can't blame you for moving to alts because I'm sure you go tired of all this scalability problems that have been plaguing us for years now, high tx fees and slow confirmations. But Lightning Network could be the long solution that we are all been waiting for. We just have to put or trust on it once it gets implemented sooner that we think.
I agree, bitcoin has big scalability problems but any coin based on the blockchain is going to have the same issues, we are in our way to solve them and if that happens the price of bitcoin is going to skyrocket once again and when that happens we need to have some bitcoin in store.
Cryptosaint$

Activity: 102
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:12:34 PM

First thing's first. Remember the fact that this market offers micropayments, So you may not have enough to buy one full bitcoin but you can put any amount into bitcoin and get a fraction of a coin.

To answer your question though, invest in BOTH! You have nothing to lose, The entire market is essentially on the rise. Also you have to remember that bitcoin and altcoins are all built on different blockchains meaning that they all solve different world issues, So why just stick to one side?
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:37:51 PM

I suggested you to invest both of them. Half of your capital invest to bitcoin and half for altcoins. You should invest below one dollar for more profit. But it's your strategy to select which coins are good and have potential in the future.
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:45:47 PM

From my experience with both btc and alts I can surely say that alts bring much more profit than btc itself, but on the other hand the risk of losing is also high with alts, but I love it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: