Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which alts are REAL prospects  ..they exist ..they are coded out ..they are functional  (they are not just dreams and bullshit white papers) and have a REAL usecase...also add your own project so long as it meets the criteria in the first POST. Let's aim
Bitbay - 56 (11.1%)
Blocknet - 45 (8.9%)
Byteball - 110 (21.9%)
PivX - 37 (7.4%)
Komodo - 47 (9.3%)
Sys - 34 (6.8%)
Waves - 92 (18.3%)
Game credits - 19 (3.8%)
Bitshares - 25 (5%)
Ardor - 38 (7.6%)
Total Voters: 321

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ONLY ALTS THAT ARE REAL PROJECTS HERE !!!!---------CURRENT JULY 2018!! POLL!  (Read 10543 times)
dinhbiplus

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:37:01 PM

The project I am banking on long term is not on the list, Mobilego, though the project has underperformed greatly thanks to the team not working onlisting on strong exchanges but still feel this project is greatly undervalued IMO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vicmao

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:55:36 PM

What do you think about Enigma (eng)? The team seems quite strong, people of the MIT. They have just realeased their roadmap and it´s very ambitious.
fortress

Activity: 36
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:32:48 AM

What do you think about Enigma (eng)? The team seems quite strong, people of the MIT. They have just realeased their roadmap and it´s very ambitious.
MIT? Maybe there are competent people involved, but you really need to talk more about some technicals details of it, like consensus mechanisms, and what innovation does it bring compared to the hundreds of cryptos we have in the market right now.
vicmao

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:42:40 AM

Enigma is a protocol to decentralize aplications. It works as a second layer for different blockchains solving mainly privacy and scalability.
It has a developer forum (Catalyst), a data marketplace.
New released roadmap.
Well I´m not precisely an expert in cryptocurrencies that´s why I was, more than proposing this altcoin as a possible next bit thing, looking here for somebody that know the project. This is a thread with criteria and common sense.
vicmao

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:50:46 AM

Bitbay special announcement on March 31st
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:35:48 PM

anyone have any hint of info about this announcement?

vicmao

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:59:51 PM

Nowbody knows.. it might be the Optitoken airdrop. We´ll see.. Smiley Smiley Smiley
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:50:55 PM

Nowbody knows.. it might be the Optitoken airdrop. We´ll see.. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Yeah that would be cool but it could even be something better.... i guess we have to wait and see.

vicmao

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:22:04 PM

Bitbay updated roadmap.
Webmarketplace - UI preview 15th June. Cryptohunter you know a lot this project... how does the webmarketplace combine with the client wallet (where there is already a market)? I don´t understand how it works this. Thank you!!
BitBaydev

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 09:42:35 PM

Bitbay updated roadmap.
Webmarketplace - UI preview 15th June. Cryptohunter you know a lot this project... how does the webmarketplace combine with the client wallet (where there is already a market)? I don´t understand how it works this. Thank you!!

The web markets is basically just contracts and markets on the web without having to download any software. It should be compatible with the client wallet for contracts.

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:10:05 PM

Bitbay updated roadmap.

The web markets is basically just contracts and markets on the web without having to download any software. It should be compatible with the client wallet for contracts.

Thanks for the answer on that.

I'm interested to see how the fiat to bay works in the market place that was announced 2 days ago.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:09:20 PM

298 votes come on get it to 300 ffs

krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:59:45 PM

STEEMIT is the next big thing to happen in the altcoins community. A social media base blockchain where authors and commentators get cash for using the site.

I also like the concept of Steemit as it has got a real website which any user can register and participate on. However, there had been accusations against the website recently here in the forum. Someone mentioned that they are running pyramid scheme and the owner are banking $ 2 million per week.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:57:49 PM

STEEMIT is the next big thing to happen in the altcoins community. A social media base blockchain where authors and commentators get cash for using the site.

I also like the concept of Steemit as it has got a real website which any user can register and participate on. However, there had been accusations against the website recently here in the forum. Someone mentioned that they are running pyramid scheme and the owner are banking $ 2 million per week.

hence why steem would never make this list

the initial distribution was a mess

vicmao

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:48:02 AM

Bitbay updated roadmap.

Thank you!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:03:39 AM

OptiToken has released the details regarding the airdrop on Bay holders:

Optitokens will be airdropped to BAY holders in the following format.

1:300 meaning 1 OptiToken for every 300 BAY the top 500 addresses hold in their BAY cold wallet  at time of snapshot at roughly 3pm UTC on May 1st, 2018.

The amount is set to be roughly 3.9 million OptiToken which is in ICO value nearly €500,000 value at current ICO rate of €0.12 per OptiToken. The value can grow as well as we are extending a way for others to participate. OptiToken is a strong believer in BAY and looks forward to its growth as it nears its pegging to the USD.

What if my BAY are stuck on UpBit? Please speak with Seungjin in the Korean BitBay TG group as he’s coordinating the solution and we will most certainly include those individuals.

What if I’m not a top 500 address but still active in community?
Simply shoot us an email at airdrop@optitoken.io with your Slack name or TG name and an ERC20 compatible ETH wallet address we will drop you 30 OPTI as well Smiley

Here’s an added bonus we’ve decided to add in as we try to innovate demand in this bearishly depressing market:

Airdrop doubles for BAY holders who buy 2 ETH+, triples for people who buy 5 ETH+ of OPTI. So what this means is if someone is set to receive 4,000 OPTI’s from Airdrop their allocation will raise to 8,000 or even 12,000 additional tokens

If someone from the BAY community doesn’t have enough BAY to be a top 500 address then they can still participate and receive 2,500 additional OPTI if they purchase 2 ETH+ of opti and hold at least 1000 BAY, 5,000 additional opti if they buy 5 ETH+ and hold at least 1000 BAY.

To receive this discount email info@optitoken.io with your BAY deposit address so we can explore the balance along with your email you used to sign up and purchase OptiToken. We’ll examine both address on or within a few days of the timestamp date for Airdrop which is May 1st.

Did you know?
OptiToken recently switched its ICO pegged price from the EURO to ETH=€385 (22% added value) and BTC=€6480 (20% roughly added value) whyd we do this? This gives HODL’ers and true believers in crypto a chance to rewind time a bit and peg their crypto’s value a bit higher while bad actors continue to try to drive market prices down!
OptiToken.io is where you go if you wish to participate. We hope this brings a lot of new buys to OptiToken as we have people who are now learning about BAY for the first time in our social outlets and we hope the same happens for OptiToken.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

OptiToken has released the details regarding the airdrop on Bay holders:

Optitokens will be airdropped to BAY holders in the following format.

1:300 meaning 1 OptiToken for every 300 BAY the top 500 addresses hold in their BAY cold wallet  at time of snapshot at roughly 3pm UTC on May 1st, 2018.

The amount is set to be roughly 3.9 million OptiToken which is in ICO value nearly €500,000 value at current ICO rate of €0.12 per OptiToken. The value can grow as well as we are extending a way for others to participate. OptiToken is a strong believer in BAY and looks forward to its growth as it nears its pegging to the USD.

What if my BAY are stuck on UpBit? Please speak with Seungjin in the Korean BitBay TG group as he’s coordinating the solution and we will most certainly include those individuals.

What if I’m not a top 500 address but still active in community?
Simply shoot us an email at airdrop@optitoken.io with your Slack name or TG name and an ERC20 compatible ETH wallet address we will drop you 30 OPTI as well Smiley

Here’s an added bonus we’ve decided to add in as we try to innovate demand in this bearishly depressing market:

Airdrop doubles for BAY holders who buy 2 ETH+, triples for people who buy 5 ETH+ of OPTI. So what this means is if someone is set to receive 4,000 OPTI’s from Airdrop their allocation will raise to 8,000 or even 12,000 additional tokens

If someone from the BAY community doesn’t have enough BAY to be a top 500 address then they can still participate and receive 2,500 additional OPTI if they purchase 2 ETH+ of opti and hold at least 1000 BAY, 5,000 additional opti if they buy 5 ETH+ and hold at least 1000 BAY.

To receive this discount email info@optitoken.io with your BAY deposit address so we can explore the balance along with your email you used to sign up and purchase OptiToken. We’ll examine both address on or within a few days of the timestamp date for Airdrop which is May 1st.

Did you know?
OptiToken recently switched its ICO pegged price from the EURO to ETH=€385 (22% added value) and BTC=€6480 (20% roughly added value) whyd we do this? This gives HODL’ers and true believers in crypto a chance to rewind time a bit and peg their crypto’s value a bit higher while bad actors continue to try to drive market prices down!
OptiToken.io is where you go if you wish to participate. We hope this brings a lot of new buys to OptiToken as we have people who are now learning about BAY for the first time in our social outlets and we hope the same happens for OptiToken.

This is actually quite a nice deal for bay holders. Not that getting to buy bitbay at such low rates as these is not a great deal anyway but this is just a nice additional bonus for bit bayers.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:35:18 AM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 180+ Orphans monthly)
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance Model, Budget Proposals & Voting)
- POBh Proof of BibleHash Algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes

Learn More: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

Personally I'm a little uncertain if it fits the criteria or not. My concerns are:

1. Proven development team. Not sure we can conclude a development team is proven after less than six months.
2. Obvious use case. Any coin can be used for charity, and several have it as their main focus. I don't believe that a coin who's only use case is charity has much chance of wide spread adoption, and thus also will fail as a charity coin. Maybe togoshigekata can elaborate on this?

Despite my above concerns, I believe it warrants a discussion about adding them to the list or not. Arguments have been made for all five criteria, and unless they are met by counter arguments, the coin should make it to the list.

6 months is to young to be added to the list.If this coin will be added there can be added dozens of coins and that wouldnt be the sense of the thread i think.
The sense is to make a list with the best coins.Real longterm projects,fair,with a real usecase.Not any coins that is a little better then the rest.There are to many out there..

I also think they should not be added, but they made arguments for all 5 criteria so it's fair to discuss it before dismissing them I think.
I don't believe we can have any criteria for how old the coin should be to be accepted. Some coins go through a lot of development before they launch. But in this case I think they are to young to deserve the label proven. I base this on the age of the coin + one more argument that I did not make above; One of the arguments this is a proven team, was that the lead dev has 20 yours of coding experience. That is a good starting point of course, but does not make him a proven blockchain dev. We have several code monkeys in BitBay with a life long coding experience. They are very talented, but there is still a lot they don't know about blockchain. The reason that is not a problem in BitBay is that they have David to go to for guidance and code review. I don't see any experienced blockchain devs listed in the argument for BBP being proven team.

Thank you for the responses!

The Lead Developer has so far remained anonymous, but has claimed he has past experience working on another successful cryptocurrency.
If he does ever reveal himself or his past work, I will post back.

Here are details about the team he is building for BiblePay:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Here is lead dev talking about integrating with Stratis:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7i9pfp/stratis_fork/

===

Use Case wise, there are definitely other charity coins:

Bunnycoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bunnycoin/
Donationcoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/donationcoin/
Cleanwatercoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cleanwatercoin/
Wishcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2250891.0 (ICO starts Feb 20th 2018)

Dogecoin: has a charity foundation and has donated to provide clean water: http://foundation.dogecoin.com/
Solarcoin: has some coins in reserve to go to environmental charities

There are also websites you can visit and leave open to mine Monero to go to Charity
https://www.charitymine.org/
https://donateyourtab.to/
https://mineforcharity.com/

If you guys know about or find any more charity coins, please let me know!

===

Also BiblePay has goal to spread Christianity and has budget allocated for Pay to Preach/Priest,
as well as in-wallet prayers, and rewards for listening/reading/watching Gospel links.
And lead dev has more ideas to spread Christianity:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7du3kg/spreading_the_gospel_knowing_jesus/

There are some other Christian coins:
JesusCoin - is a joke coin
ChristCoins - Pre-mined ICO, will reward for reading the Bible on their website which is really cool

===

Thank you for reading and giving feedback! I will post back if lead developer unmasks himself. Thanks!

Since last we talked, We now have integrated BiblePay with Cancer and Science Research.
We reward 38% of coins to support Rosetta@home and World Community Grid, solving cancer and diseases using CPU cycles.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@togoshige/biblepay-bbp-cancer-research-mining-rosetta-home-and-boinc-in-development

We have also pre-paid in advance a few months (2-6 months) payments for all 203 of our current monthly sponsored orphans from the 10% Charity Budget and have partnered with and funded 2 more charities (Be Love Orphan Outreach Missions and CameroonONE)

The project ranks #145 in Code Commits: https://www.cryptomiso.com/#BBP

moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:48:31 AM
Merited by snowfu199 (46)

I think Ardor will be the next big thing.
The team has been in cryptocurrency for a long time.
They also raised a large amount of money.
Ardor has a good chance to become top 10.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:06:20 PM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 180+ Orphans monthly)
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only)
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance Model, Budget Proposals & Voting)
- POBh Proof of BibleHash Algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes

Learn More: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

Personally I'm a little uncertain if it fits the criteria or not. My concerns are:

1. Proven development team. Not sure we can conclude a development team is proven after less than six months.
2. Obvious use case. Any coin can be used for charity, and several have it as their main focus. I don't believe that a coin who's only use case is charity has much chance of wide spread adoption, and thus also will fail as a charity coin. Maybe togoshigekata can elaborate on this?

Despite my above concerns, I believe it warrants a discussion about adding them to the list or not. Arguments have been made for all five criteria, and unless they are met by counter arguments, the coin should make it to the list.

6 months is to young to be added to the list.If this coin will be added there can be added dozens of coins and that wouldnt be the sense of the thread i think.
The sense is to make a list with the best coins.Real longterm projects,fair,with a real usecase.Not any coins that is a little better then the rest.There are to many out there..

I also think they should not be added, but they made arguments for all 5 criteria so it's fair to discuss it before dismissing them I think.
I don't believe we can have any criteria for how old the coin should be to be accepted. Some coins go through a lot of development before they launch. But in this case I think they are to young to deserve the label proven. I base this on the age of the coin + one more argument that I did not make above; One of the arguments this is a proven team, was that the lead dev has 20 yours of coding experience. That is a good starting point of course, but does not make him a proven blockchain dev. We have several code monkeys in BitBay with a life long coding experience. They are very talented, but there is still a lot they don't know about blockchain. The reason that is not a problem in BitBay is that they have David to go to for guidance and code review. I don't see any experienced blockchain devs listed in the argument for BBP being proven team.

Thank you for the responses!

The Lead Developer has so far remained anonymous, but has claimed he has past experience working on another successful cryptocurrency.
If he does ever reveal himself or his past work, I will post back.

Here are details about the team he is building for BiblePay:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hozh/slack_team/

Here is lead dev talking about integrating with Stratis:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7i9pfp/stratis_fork/

===

Use Case wise, there are definitely other charity coins:

Bunnycoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bunnycoin/
Donationcoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/donationcoin/
Cleanwatercoin: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cleanwatercoin/
Wishcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2250891.0 (ICO starts Feb 20th 2018)

Dogecoin: has a charity foundation and has donated to provide clean water: http://foundation.dogecoin.com/
Solarcoin: has some coins in reserve to go to environmental charities

There are also websites you can visit and leave open to mine Monero to go to Charity
https://www.charitymine.org/
https://donateyourtab.to/
https://mineforcharity.com/

If you guys know about or find any more charity coins, please let me know!

===

Also BiblePay has goal to spread Christianity and has budget allocated for Pay to Preach/Priest,
as well as in-wallet prayers, and rewards for listening/reading/watching Gospel links.
And lead dev has more ideas to spread Christianity:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7du3kg/spreading_the_gospel_knowing_jesus/

There are some other Christian coins:
JesusCoin - is a joke coin
ChristCoins - Pre-mined ICO, will reward for reading the Bible on their website which is really cool

===

Thank you for reading and giving feedback! I will post back if lead developer unmasks himself. Thanks!

Since last we talked, We now have integrated BiblePay with Cancer and Science Research.
We reward 38% of coins to support Rosetta@home and World Community Grid, solving cancer and diseases using CPU cycles.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@togoshige/biblepay-bbp-cancer-research-mining-rosetta-home-and-boinc-in-development

We have also pre-paid in advance a few months (2-6 months) payments for all 203 of our current monthly sponsored orphans from the 10% Charity Budget and have partnered with and funded 2 more charities (Be Love Orphan Outreach Missions and CameroonONE)

The project ranks #145 in Code Commits: https://www.cryptomiso.com/#BBP

https://www.cryptomiso.com/#SYS

as you can see Syscoin only has 200 commits on master but we work in branches because we want to ensure master is stable and all new stuff in a branch as per our release process. I have over 2000 commits personally over the last year which would put us in top 3 or 4.

Also most projects there now just merge in bitcoin commits and thus you see top commiter as Wladimir van der laan of bitcoin core github user laanwj. That is not indicative of pushes from the respective projects. Overall that site needs work and is not to be relied upon for stats.

Go over to contributers on all these projects and you will see laanwj as biggest. On Syscoin I am right behind him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: